shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding shoes!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I posted these right after I got them, but here are mine:
ladycielshoes.jpg

I''m going to dye them blue, though I''m still deciding what shade. At first I was definitely thinking cobalt, but I''m leaning more towards a softer blue after holding some cobalt paint swatches up to my dress.

I also got some shoe clips from Absolutely Audrey. LOVE them. They slip perfectly between the two layers at the toe, so the back of the clip doesn''t even touch my foot.

ladycielclips.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, Freke, if you can cook you are a shoo in.

Skippy, of course! I would love a nice sister too.

Lady Ciel, what a about a dove gray-blue color? I am not being descriptive, but something almost steel colored but clearly with a blue to it...that could be gorgeous.

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
*bump*

Anyone know the heel height on the David''s bridal Sedarby wanna bes?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2008 7:19:10 PM
Author: buttercup80
Lauren, I want THOSE for my wedding! They would be perfect - especially since they''re dyeable. . .I can''t find the heel height on the David''s website - please please please tell me they''re under 3''! Do you know how high they are?
I believe they were right at 3". I hope that would work for you!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. So I think these are my dream wedding shoes. Especially because they would look AMAZING with that Badgley Mischka gown that musey found for me. Sparkly, strappy, pleated, a little whimsical...the only thing they aren''t is blue-but I love them in gray... link

Wow. I''m in love with them...

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Those are gorgeous, Freke!

I got another pair (thanks to Lauren!) so now I''m a 2-shoe(well 4, really - 2 pairs) bride. . .Here they are in cornflower:

my shoes.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! Are you liking the cornflower, or what direction do you want to go in with the color blue? (This is assuming that they are white and dyeable...)

Here''s something I used for helping me with certain wedding aspects....don''t ask.
Linkity link link!!

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
I think I like the cornflower - I''m not really a pastel girl and I didn''t want anything too dark; this seems like a good balance. Plus, I didn''t want anything too aqua - I want it to be "blue" unquestionably. . .

You like?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah I like!!! But I like all blues, so I don''t know if that means anything special.
2.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
i''m getting dyeables from david''s in cornflower to match my bridesmaids'' dresses. also, my dress is slightly too long and can''t be hemmed, so i''m going to be wearing platforms even though i would''ve preferred something daintier--but i can''t walk in heels, and shorter heels wouldn''t make me tall enough for the dress, soooooo along came David''s bridal''s roxy!

uotyvcornflower roxy platform sandals.jpeg

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2008 7:51:15 PM
Author: ladyciel

I also got some shoe clips from Absolutely Audrey. LOVE them. They slip perfectly between the two layers at the toe, so the back of the clip doesn''t even touch my foot.

Those clips are perfection.

Mayflower25

Rough_Rock
I just ordered these today: Giuseppe Zanotti, approximately 2" heel. I AM IN LOVE!
30.gif

giuseppezanottishoe.jpg

sweetlime

Rough_Rock
i got my wedding shoes today. kate spade ''lover'' in ivory.

lover.jpg

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
To those of you who bought those darling David''s Bridal shoes- dos anyone mind my asking how much they paid for them? A sale is always a good thing for shoes!!

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Mine were $55 - not on sale. I liked them MUCH more than even more expensive shoes in my heel-height/desired color.

I was sort of iffy on my other shoes - but I''m excited for these - they''re much more "me"

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 1:45:07 AM
Author: shigidigi
To those of you who bought those darling David''s Bridal shoes- dos anyone mind my asking how much they paid for them? A sale is always a good thing for shoes!!
They were about $45 when I found them at David''s about 2 years ago.

I got those little flower petal things that you stick in the heel and toe of the shoe so it won''t slip off, and it turned out to be pretty comfy all day!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I have been on an informal search (not even engaged yet!) for something I would wear for my wedding because I physically MUST wear a flat shoe--sprained my ankle three years ago and after 10 minutes, anything with even half an inch of heel makes my ankle ache horribly. I've found stuff that's ok, but nothing that made me say "oooh!" Until now.
31.gif

Handmade ivory silk satin with organza overlay and a pearl button (can I say that in here?) by Hassall. I think they are loverly.
1.gif

Dainty-Bess-ivory.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Same shoes, this time in rose.

Dainty-Bess-rose.jpg

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
gwendolyn, in general I don''t care for flats, but I LOVE those - they''re so pretty and unique!
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
sorry i don''t have blue to offer, but these were my first choice but couldn''t find them in my size.
8.gif
tear.

veraVera-Wang-N5404.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
these were my runner ups. again. didn''t exist in my size. stupid size 5!

006385wanted.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
these are what i ended up with. stewart weitzman turnabouts.

TASW0.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 4:08:04 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Ok, I have been on an informal search (not even engaged yet!) for something I would wear for my wedding because I physically MUST wear a flat shoe--sprained my ankle three years ago and after 10 minutes, anything with even half an inch of heel makes my ankle ache horribly. I''ve found stuff that''s ok, but nothing that made me say ''oooh!'' Until now.
31.gif

Handmade ivory silk satin with organza overlay and a pearl button (can I say that in here?) by Hassall. I think they are loverly.
1.gif
Gwen those are amazing! I was looking for something similar, but haven''t found them yet. Those are pricey eh? I''ve been looking for Indian "Khussa" shoes in the right colour, so maybe check those out for soemthing similar but a bit more frugal (if that is an issue for you). If I find any I will definitely keep you in mind!

Here''s my post with the picture of the shoes I love!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/shoe-hunt.73769/

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
buttercup80, thank you so much! I actually started looking for wedding shoes already because I usually don''t care for flats either (I am *so* picky!), but I love these! No idea what dress I will have so that should probably play a part, but I love love love them!
1.gif

Date: 5/22/2008 5:32:31 PM
Author: October2008bride
Gwen those are amazing! I was looking for something similar, but haven''t found them yet. Those are pricey eh? I''ve been looking for Indian ''Khussa'' shoes in the right colour, so maybe check those out for soemthing similar but a bit more frugal (if that is an issue for you). If I find any I will definitely keep you in mind!

Here''s my post with the picture of the shoes I love!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/shoe-hunt.73769/
Hiya, October2008bride! They are a bit on the pricey side--£170. I am used to thinking of a £25 pair of shoes as being extravagant! I have the websites bookmarked in case they''re a possibility but budget will no doubt be a concern so if you do see anything similar, please let me know! I check out your thread and I LOVE those shoes! Have you chosen a pair yet? I see that thread dates back to December, so maybe?
3.gif
And your dress, holy cow, it is INCREDIBLE!!!!
23.gif
You look amazing!! What excellent taste you have.
2.gif
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought a pair of gold Manolos today! Er, and then some.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 11:23:36 PM
Author: Harriet
I bought a pair of gold Manolos today! Er, and then some.
LMAO!!! I love it!

Do we get some peektures???
31.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which ones Harriet?!

(And what else did you get?!)

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
jcrow - i love those! Do you know if they are dyeable? I think some of Stuart Weitzman''s are...also how high is the heel?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sunny JCrow got married a while ago, in terms of fashion seasons. The shoes may not still be available, you best bet is to call a SW store, ask them if they are dyable, and see if they still carry them.

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
Ah thanks for the info gypsy! You are always so helpful! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results