shape
carat
color
clarity

Shoe Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock

Okay - I know I''m eons away from my wedding, but I''ve started keeping my eyes out for good shoes to wear with it. I''d like to have them before the first fitting so I can make sure everything is just right.

I don''t know how you all feel about this, but I''d really like to wear flats. My FI isn''t that much taller than me with heels on, and I''d like to be smaller than him in the pics etc. PLUS I really don''t want my feet to be sore and have that put a damper on my fun!!

Here''s a pic of some flats I thought would look good...let me know what you think and if you have seen any like this around!

shoes i like1234.JPG

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
And here is my dress for reference...

another%20picture%20of%20the%20dress%20I%20actually%20bought.JPG
i%20love%20it%20i%20love%20it%20back%20shot%202434.JPG

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Those shoes would look great! I actually bought a pair in NYC when my flip flop broke while walking around Chinatown.. I''m pretty sure I paid about 5 dollars for them.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look like they would be great and really fit the bill!!!! pun intended.

But wow, your dress is STUNNING! Just love it.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks OUpeargirl and Diamondfan! I appreciate it. I will definitely check out chinatown - that is a good recommendation!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 10:30:38 AM
Author: FacetFire
I love the idea, and I love your dress. This is all I can find for the moment, I''ll see if I can find anything else later.

These are dyable: http://www.myglassslipper.com/products2.cfm/dept/SHOES/ID/1247

Love these from J Crew, though there aren''t many sizes left: http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml;jsessionid=3OX02GMM1CG3KCTFEEHB2RQKMUQROGUG?id=prod82735251&catId=cat260232
Thanks FF! Those are reallly cute! I''m going to try to find some with some sequins/sparkle like the ones in my pic first, but I think yours make for a good option for sure!

Thanks!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about these?

Found them at http://www.weddingtennies.com/slippers.html

CANNOT figure out how to post more than one picture per post
29.gif
(if someone knows how to do that, can you please let me know how? I''ve tried all sorts of different things) so I''ll post it in the next one.

Flats2.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or this one...

Flats1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of your shoes. One caution though. When I wear completely flat shoes my feet HURT after a while of standing and walking. My most comfortable pair of flats actually have a 3/4 inch heel. It makes a huge difference in comfort, I could wear these (and have) for HOURS. I would buy a pair of the shoes you want (if they are really inexpensive like those first ones are) and wear them about for a while and see how you feel about them, before deciding to wear them on the day of.
2.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I googled "indian shoes" and I found a few websites like this one. And here is a pair on ebay.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 1:07:52 PM
Author: Gypsy
I love the idea of your shoes. One caution though. When I wear completely flat shoes my feet HURT after a while of standing and walking. My most comfortable pair of flats actually have a 3/4 inch heel. It makes a huge difference in comfort, I could wear these (and have) for HOURS. I would buy a pair of the shoes you want (if they are really inexpensive like those first ones are) and wear them about for a while and see how you feel about them, before deciding to wear them on the day of.
2.gif
That''s really good to know. I do find that when I wear flats with NO support, my feet do get sore after a while. Since the shoes seem relatively cheap, I think I''ll try them out like you suggest. Thanks Gypsy!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 2:02:53 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
I googled ''indian shoes'' and I found a few websites like this one. And here is a pair on ebay.
Ooo ooo ooo!!! Yay! Those are so similar! At least I know what they are called and I can begin my search!

Thanks so much!! Those are really cute!!
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Wow...those ones OU posted look almost identical to what you''re looking for! I really like the pair you posted best, and they look like they were made to go with your gorgeous dress!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 2:13:43 PM
Author: October2008bride
Date: 12/5/2007 1:07:52 PM

Author: Gypsy

2.gif

That''s really good to know. I do find that when I wear flats with NO support, my feet do get sore after a while. Since the shoes seem relatively cheap, I think I''ll try them out like you suggest. Thanks Gypsy!

Anytime.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results