shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding shoes!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2008 1:01:26 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Harleigh, Moon and Harriet!! Sounds like fun! Is it ok that I start looking tomorrow or Saturday? I have a final I haven''t started studying for
20.gif
(I''m so tired of studying already! See why I can''t go to law school?) and its at 10am, so I should really get on that. It''s Stats though, so I''m not too worried about it, because I have an A-/B+ in there already, and my mom will be thrilled with a C, so I''m really not too concerned-and the fact that it''s mostly multiple choice doesn''t hurt either!
But I''m thrilled to help you out! I promise the first chance I get I''ll start looking!
Of course. That''s way more important.

broadway

Rough_Rock
These are my shoes. I actually bought them before my dress.. Thank god they match. They are ivory silk Vera Wang and I''m in love.

I love love love seeing everyone else''s shoes!!

smshoes6183.jpg

tenfour

Shiny_Rock
i''ll try to add mine again. let''s see...

orangepinkshoe.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! Shoe ****! Love it!!!
30.gif
Great idea Freke!!

I haven''t picked my shoes out yet, but I''m planning on getting Jimmy Choo''s. That''s FI''s name, but different spelling. Cuteness!!!

I was browsing their site and I''m thinking I''m going with

Jimmy Choo''s

or these Jimmy''s. Warning Freke, these come in green...
Green Choos

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/9/2008 9:55:24 AM
Author: lliang_chi
Wow!!! Shoe ****! Love it!!!
30.gif
Great idea Freke!!

I haven''t picked my shoes out yet, but I''m planning on getting Jimmy Choo''s. That''s FI''s name, but different spelling. Cuteness!!!

I was browsing their site and I''m thinking I''m going with

Jimmy Choo''s

or these Jimmy''s. Warning Freke, these come in green...
Green Choos
What a great excuse to get a pair of Choo''s! "But I have to get them honey! I will be wearing something that''s in your name!"

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Here are mine - the gold brooch d''Orsay Manolos
36.gif

MBPS5.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
here are mine!!! been wearing them around the house to break them in, and i just want to wear them out!! love ebay...$50 for $350 shoes!!!!

59236a1.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2008 5:51:12 AM
Author: violet02
Bee - You should DEFINITELY wear BOTH! Love those red ones... gorgeous!

I have a feeling that I definitely will. I just love the red ones and want to show them off on the day!

I''m not a bride to be, yet.. but I like looking at the threads in here sometimes. :)

I see that everyone has heels.
32.gif
I''d kill myself in heels! I am so not graceful and have been thinking about an alternative to them...
Did anyone wear flats or anything of the sort?? Any thoughts on that subject?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m wearing near flats. My shoes are wedges with 1.5 inch heels. Nothing wrong with it. Don''t worry, there''s plenty of lower heeled shoe folks on here too. Sarah''s are like a 1/2 inch I think.

Totally flat shoes hurt your feet after a while. Most doctors recommend at least a 1/2 inch heel. Helps your feet, knees and back.
Date: 5/9/2008 6:32:23 PM
Author: that_someone_special
I''m not a bride to be, yet.. but I like looking at the threads in here sometimes. :)

32.gif
I''d kill myself in heels! I am so not graceful and have been thinking about an alternative to them...

choro72

Brilliant_Rock

32.gif

that_someone_special, I''m wearing heels because I''m 4''8". If I wore flats, the guests will be stretching the necks wondering why the groom is at the alter alone. I, like yourself, cannot walk properly in heels. But gosh darn it, I''m wearing heels on my wedding day if it kills me!!
3.gif

I''m flip flopping between three shoes, and I''m trying on one of the candidates as we speak. If I go ahead with this one, then I''ll be wearing silver 3.25" heels that HOPEFULLY matches the embroidery on my dress, and I''ll be paying a grand total of $0 for shoes! Yay! I just remembered about them in my closed today, so I''m trying them on to see if they stay put on my feet. They are 1/2 size bigger than what I should wear, so I''m worried if they are going to fly off. I''ll post pics when I decide.

luckyfish

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/9/2008 7:21:52 PM
They are 1/2 size bigger than what I should wear, so I''m worried if they are going to fly off. I''ll post pics when I decide.

you can always try inserting sole pads... i find that those always help keep shoes on my feet! :)

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not a bride to be, yet.. but I like looking at the threads in here sometimes. :)

32.gif
I'd kill myself in heels! I am so not graceful and have been thinking about an alternative to them...

I'm wearing flats
35.gif

Not because I don't LOVE wearing heels--I do--but because I'd like my on-the-shorter-side FI to be as much taller than me as possible on our wedding day. I'm being silly, I know
5.gif
too late now as my gown length will not allow for anything but flats!

Here are a couple I'm considering. I don't LOVE either, but it's a start.

Corso Comos on shoes.com
Fitzwells on zappos.com

They're really not so much my style for evening shoes, as I prefer something a bit sexier (a la the Sedarabys) ... but it's so hard to find a really hot flat!
39.gif
I'd really love to find something orange/gold with lace...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
11.gif
If you find something orange with lace and a 1.5 inch heel, I may have to increase my shoe count!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2008 7:36:40 PM
Author: Gypsy
11.gif
If you find something orange with lace and a 1.5 inch heel, I may have to increase my shoe count!
I''ll keep a lookout! Though I''m restricting my search to flats... my dress can''t handle anything over 0.5" max, it came out a little shorter than expected
20.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I read about that. I''m sorry!

My current shoes will work just fine, and I don''t need to spend more money-- so don''t worry about me. LOL. I ordered my gown standard length. I''m five foot six and a half inches and standard is supposed to be 5.8 so I''m hoping they work. My train can be hemmed, it woud have to be raised from the waist if it''s too long. So I''d be more likely to increase the shoe count.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Musey, I saved a picture of a pair the other day you might like. I will try and see where I found them, I have WAY to many fashion pics on my computer.

I haven''t done much on my shoes, but they will be 3-5 inches I suspect. I am short and I actually find walking in heels easier, so that isn''t a problem. I just can''t have too thin of a heel because the "aisle" is grass, although the ground is fairly solid, but no stilettos for me.

6901-480351-d.jpg

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Mine are kind of boring.
28.gif
They''re white now, but I''m planning to dye them blue - I''m open to suggestions on shade!

3006s.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
These are my 4" heels. I *might* dye them red.

IMG_0927a.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harleigh! I found these: "Berry" Colored shoes! and thought of you!!! I''m hunting for my own pair (its in the shopping thread) but I''m keeping an eye out for everyone else too!!You should so type up what else you want in a shoe. And this goes for you too Moon and Harriet!!

Musey-do you have a budget and a size?

choro72 - you had me laughing out loud with that first comment about the groom being at the alter alone hehe

this is such a cute thread! I always thought I''d wear flats on my day.. I cant remember who mentioned it, but yeah my feet DO hurt if I walk in flats all day. So a slight heel might be good.

I''ve thought of going the sketchers route too, and if my dress is long enough who would see anyways ;-)
Unfortunately I''m not a shoe freak though, I love purses and underoos lol
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Frekechild, I LOVE the orange peep toe shoes you found on solestruck!! Those are amazing!!!

The blue shoes I wore also come in Orange if anyone is interested- I wish these had been out when I was shopping for shoes!! linky

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2008 10:12:17 PM
Author: CrownJewel
These are my 4'' heels. I *might* dye them red.

IMG_0927a.jpg

Your shoes are beautiful. They''d look fab in red.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
the wedding shoes so far have been the toughest thing i''ve had to look to buy. i need to find something that is
- a flat (shorter FI)
- dark blue (wearing green jewlery and green shoes are impossible to find. blue is the next best coordinating color)
- not a sandal (december wedding)
- super cheap (not over $40 or so)

i''ve been perusing just about every shoe site and store known to man but i haven''t had any luck so far. they are all either too casual or too high or the wrong color.

i will probably end up with ivory satin ballerina flats. no one will see them anyways. sigh. oh well!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results