shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding shoes!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
these were mine. it was harder than i expected to find a fun gold slingback sandal that was halfway comfy. these are great because they''re so versatile - i''m wearing them to a wedding i''m attending next week.

and i did change into flip-flops about halfway through the night. it''s funny how much effort we put into our wedding shoes when our feet are nearly invisible that day.

sparkly_shoes_ps.jpg

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Freke...How do you do what you do???????

Anyway, I''m posting because I just found out that the shoes I had my eyes on is gone...Two days after I found them
Wahhhhh.gif
They don''t have it in my size anymore.
I guess I''m just going to have to go with my silver sandals.

php9r6Q9jAM.jpg

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
These where my shoes and I loved them. Very comfortable, however I changed into flip flops for the reception. I had cute red velvet flip flops to wear (saved them for over a year), but somehow they got misplaced between the ceremony and reception and I ended up in my orange plastic flip flops I wear to the swimming pool. This is the only thing that went wrong on my big day - not too bad. I should have just left my heels on, but I took them off so I could put my feet on the dash in the car and then we basically jogged to the reception. I brought my pretty shoes to dinner, but was having too much fun to bother putting them back on.

BlueKeet_Shoes.jpg

RLG

Shiny_Rock
I currently have these both in blue and green. I need to figure out which color I''m going to wear and return one pair. By the way they are onsale now if anyone else was thinking about them.

jblueshoe.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Marshalls had these for 35 bucks and they are SO FREAKING comfortable. I WANT them. But they are seriously LIQUID silver in color. If anyone wants VERY silver wedges... these are cute and comfortable. I don''t think I''m going to be able to resist them, truth to tell. I have a feeling I''m going to go there again later today and buy them. I''m a BAD BAD girl. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE these.

http://www.shoebuy.com/jessica-simpson-ceasar/232705/498728?cm_mmc=ink2-_-none-_-none-_-none

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
RLG, I love them in both blue and green. I don''t know how you''ll make that decision!

I''m so going to go look at J. Crew now...

RLG

Shiny_Rock
I think the blue ones look better with the dress color, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the green ones. This is why I still have both pairs. Although the ones Gypsy posted in blue look pretty safe to walk in. Maybe I should add those to the mix. I need another pair of shoes like I need another hole in my head.
6.gif

tenfour

Shiny_Rock
RLG, those shoes are gorgeous. i looked at those a while ago and considered them, but they didn''t quite bring me to 6'' tall (he''s 6''10").

RLG

Shiny_Rock
tenfour- 6''10? how many inch heels do you have to have to get to 6 foot? Good luck!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok buttercup (I hope you see this) What are you looking for in a pair of shoes? I like the ones that you have, but I''m certainly open to looking for you. So under $100, around 2.5 inches I think you said? What else?

And if anyone else needs shoe help-I''m really bored right now, so let me know!!!!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
There was a request somewhere that sounded pretty similar to what I'm looking for, but I can't find it anywhere...it might have been buttercup's, though.

I like the idea of blue, but I'm open to other colors and especially to patterns...the Emilio Puccis you put in the very first post of this thread are TDF! as are my dream shoes and these fun ones. Unfortunately, they all are not in the budget right now (I'd like to spend less than $100 but would go higher for the right shoes...just not $410!) and mostly have too high a heel, since my FI is only a couple inches taller than I am. I think 2" or so is about the highest I could go, but I haven't had much luck finding cute kitten heels lately.

So, if you are up for finding low-heeled, funky shoes that show off my toesies at least a bit, feel free to search to your heart's content and I will be eternally grateful!

Oh, forgot to put my size -- usually 7, sometimes 7 1/2
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about colors Octavia? Anything specific? Or any other specific requirements? Like ankle straps or non pointy toe?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Freke! You are a genius!!! I love the pink patent heels, the pink patent wedges, and that last pair, OMG, that could TOTALLY work, and I think it was the least expensive pair you listed!

Now, if only the dress would come in so that I *might* have a clue as to what size heel I will need!

Thanks for finding all of those...you are the BEST!!!
36.gif

ETA: You asked what I was looking for...walking on grass, so definitely need wider heels or a wedge. Also, much safer to have a strap to attach the dang thing to my foot. No guarantee I won't land on my rear, but less likely if in a secured position!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harleigh--you should totally look into that last pair-I LOVE them!!!Pink and green and a wedge AND a strap around the ankle?! I mean, how perfect are they?

I know I went a little overboard, but I was having so much fun looking. Lol. I''m sure it took a while to go through. Sorry about that!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok Octavia, I''ve got a few more, but this is so much harder than I initially thought it would be. There just aren''t any patterns (except for Pucci) or low heels anywhere. Everyone seems to be going with huge chunky wedges or up to the sky stilettos.

Blue peep toes 2 1/2inches

And the other pair was over $300. Blah. So never mind that one.

Ok, these don''t fit the heel height, but I love them. And they are out of the budget at $129. I think they are so hot.

Finally, silver strappys, at 2 inches, they have a wooden heel-which I think is totally awesome because it adds a little unexpected somethin''. And the silver strap detail in the back. Dig it!

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
35.gif
Hi Freke! Thanks for offering to look - I''ve tried, but haven''t come up with anything perfect - although I do have the ones I bought already to fall back on. . .

Ideally, I''m looking for something blue or dyeable in 2.5" or under. . . I tend to like peep toes or d''orsay styles a lot and I definitely prefer thinner heels (I trip in wedges for some reason). I''d like to spend under $100, but I would definitely consider spending more on shoes that were *really* special. . .like way more - if Manolo Sedarbys were a teensy bit lower or Christian Louboutin still made the bridal shoes I''d be really, really tempted.

I will be forever indebted if you turn anything up - my searches have not yielded much. . you''re a rock star!

LauraLoo

Rough_Rock
These are mine, I can''t wait to wear them! But now that I know those J Crew ones are on sale......hmmm

laurasgreenshoes.jpg

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Freke, you''re awesome! I''ve seen the Charles Davids you posted, and I was sooo tempted. I might have to get them, I''ve liked them for awhile. And the super-high-heeled "Camilla" ones are gorgeous! If they wouldn''t make me taller than FI, I''d totally spring for them.

It really is hard to find shoes that fit my criteria right now, although you''ve done a great job so far...but I have lots of time to find shoes, and I really don''t mind being a 12-shoe bride. So I can keep looking for a couple more seasons, I just want to buy shoooooes right now. My plan is to buy several possibilities (as long as I can wear them IRL) and decide which ones get the honor when the time comes. Heh heh
31.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
ooo - I want to play! I''ve posted my wedding shoes before, but I suuuurely don''t mind posting them again. They are blue BCBG shoes with some sparkly shoe clips from absolutelyaudrey.com

DSCF143323.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And Harriet!!

I found these and thought of you: Link

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
These would be PERFECT if they came in my size! Sadly I need a 6 or 6 1/2.

Found these on ebay for $5.99 by Chinese Laundry:

e215_1.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
These Caparros are to die for at $19.99!

Again, wrong size, but super cute!

ETA: Holy crap! I just found them in a size 7...maybe I could stuff the pad to make them fit???

904f_1.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You could totally put a ball of the foot pad in there to help out with the size. And they make strips that you can put on straps to make them smaller. I know they carry those at Dillards. And you can get Ball of the Foot pads at Target and pretty much everywhere...

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Freke, will you be my BFF? I really like these: 2.25inch half d''Orsay pump with small jewel and pearl detail $85, but I''m not sure if it is worth the hassle to get another pair of dyeables rahter than just dye the ones I have. . .they''re awfully cute though. ..

I''m definitely going to have to keep my eye out for cute ones that are already blue in the coming months - in the meantime, anybody have any suggestions on shades to dye my currently white shoes? I keep wavering over which blue.. . and where does one get shoes dyed?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol! Sure I''ll be your BFF! Oh I love blue-what shade are you looking for? Or see-sawing between? I think you should wait and see what comes out too. I think we''re still in Spring shoes, and some summer ones should come out soon. And you can get them dyed at a shoe repair place.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
What do you think of these? Too flashy???

fuchsia wedge.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results