shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Van Craeynest, take two...art cut Grape Jelly cushion!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, this is one of my very favorite VC rings!
30.gif
36.gif
This setting REALLY compliments that gorgeous stone! I had been thinking about a sapphire in that setting that I love, but I love this one as well! I also need to look back through this thread to see if you said where you found your stone!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky you! Your ring is beautiful. I love love love the color of your spinal. All the better that purple isn''t "highly prized" for those of us who do prize it. The setting looks like it was made for the stone. Wear it in good health!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
This is a true masterpiece! It''s just exquisite!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! That is seriously yum!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 12:58:21 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
This may well be the most beautiful purple stone ring I''ve ever seen :)

I agree. Your reset is to die for. I love your new setting
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It is absolutely gorgeous. VC does magnificent work. Your spinel, what can I say... it is the perfect shade of purple.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Such a stunning ring!! The colour is amazing!
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif

luckylux

Rough_Rock
I love the vibrant color of your spinel- and the 483 is one of my absolute faves of VC .
30.gif
30.gif
So, so beautiful- enjoy it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s such a gorgeous stone and it''s in a beautiful setting!! It looks wonderful on your hand!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a special and amazing set you have!!!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Love! Long time no see! How are you? I liked the old setting, but this one is spectacular! No contest, it really suits that spinel. Were you able to exchange the yg setting for this one, or do you have other plans for it?

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!!
Congrats! It''s lovely!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, LIB!!!! I absolutely adore the setting, and I am so happy you decided to keep that spinel - it is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
30.gif

It''s so stunning LIB! I''m so glad you posted it. I''ve missed you! Hope you are well m''dear. Moving to CA?? Maybe??

35.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
LiB- I am totally in love with that setting. Absolutely stunning with your spinel
30.gif
30.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am almost speechless. What a wonderful new setting, it really is a perfect setting for that stone. It''s first setting was nice. I do love your reset! And I''m off to read your loose stone thread.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE THIS RING...MY MOST FAVORITE PURPLE VC RING!!!!
30.gif

Lori

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
I love grapes! Beautiful stone, beautiful ring! Nicely done!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I love the new setting LIB it''s stunning and really compliments the stone....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

You also take really awesome photos
36.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock

Thanks for looking Diamondrnglover, 4ever, Tuckins1, Packrat, cushioncutnut, thing2of2, AprilBaby, AmberGretchen, AnitaT, Diamondseeker2006, Myachel, Kelli, SanDiegoLady, OUpeargirl, VRbeauty, LindaW, Chiquitapet, Luckylux, Catmom, Mowtownmama, Pinkstars, LaurenThePartier, Icekid, Stonehunter, Loriken214, Goodsoul , and BlingAddict. I hope I didn’t miss anyone!

Packrat - I have big digits; this ring is a 7.5 tight. I got this particular stone from Rick Martin at Art Cut Gems, but Barry is one of the funniest and nicest guys ever, and I collect his cuts. Barry is working on something sunshine-y for me right now, I can't wait! Good luck with your Barry stone!

Cushioncutnut - Thanks about my spinel. It has dual personalities - sometimes sleepy, sometimes neon purple (which I’m having the hardest time capturing in pics darn it!). I hope you had pleasant dreams... your cushion sapphire beauty is amazing!

AnitaT - Thank you thank you so much! I just saw your ering this morning and holy smokes it's GORGEOUS! Have you decided on a band yet?

Myachel – ITA about the “prized” thing. I don’t claim to have a favorite color, but purple is as close as it gets! Thanks!

SanDiegoLady – Wow, you are too kind! I love your new av – your hair always looks smokin’ and you should totally model professionally!

LindaW – Thanks a bunch Linda! Did you ever get your round Pad set?

Stonehunter – I liked the first setting, but I’m in LOVE with this one, thanks! Here’s a link to the stone: Mmmmm...grape jelly!

BlingAddict – Thank you, lady! How are things in Aus? Thanks about my photos too...plenty more coming your way
4.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 10:22:06 PM
Author: AprilBaby
Beautiful Stone! Grape Jelly describes it perfectly! And I ADORE the setting! Is it your ering or a RHR?

Hi AprilBaby! Thanks!. This is a RHR, but I'm not opposed to wearing it with my WB. Here are some pics with my wedding rings too:

LIB_VC483_206.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
With my engagement ring (VC 456)

LIB_VC483_237.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 11:21:47 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Okay, this is one of my very favorite VC rings!
30.gif
36.gif
This setting REALLY compliments that gorgeous stone! I had been thinking about a sapphire in that setting that I love, but I love this one as well! I also need to look back through this thread to see if you said where you found your stone!
Thanks Diamondseeker, I’m very pleased with the 483
16.gif
. For the longest time I lusted after the 1034 because of the scrolls on the profile, but the 1034 ring is just too wide for my short fingers
7.gif
. I know it can be made narrower, but still. Since the 483 has scrolls on the profile too, it seemed to be a good fit for what I wanted. I think either the 483 or 484 would look particularly *dreamy* with a cushion cut sapphire. I’m not sure what he has in terms of corundum, but I found my stone at http://www.artcutgems.com/ . Rick''s stones are MUCH better in person than in his pictures. He''s also a very nice guy with some true rarities. A while back he found some beautiful Benitoites for me!

Here is Rick''s pic of the Spinel. I should note I purchased this based on description rather than solely on the seller''s photograph as the description is more accurate to me!

LIB_GJspinel.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Since my specs seem to come out in bits and pieces, I'll try and summarize:

Purple Spinel cushion from http://www.artcutgems.com . The Spinel is 2.15 ct. Dimensions are 6.7 x 7.5 mm, and 5.3mm deep.

The setting is by Van Craeynest, http://www.vancraeynest.com . The ring is style 483-4 in Platinum with a Fleur-de-lis (#4B) head. The shoulders are 3mm wide, tapering to 2.2mm at the bottom of the shank. The sidestones are two 5 pointers and two 2.5 point diamonds (0.15 ct. tdw).

LIB_VC483_324.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again Linda! I''m zooming in...

LIB_VC483_324c.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I adore VC's floral designs, but even their not-so-flowery designs have captured my heart!

Zooming in even more...

LIB_VC483_324cc.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK,, seriously intricate work, its just stunning, you must have an awesome camera to capture those details.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
What''s this I see??

LIB_VC483_ 281.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 12:24:39 PM
Author: D&T
OK,, seriously intricate work, its just stunning, you must have an awesome camera to capture those details.
Thanks again D&T
2.gif
I have an old Canon powershot.

Arrows!

LIB_VC483_ 281c.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results