shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentine's Day 2020

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any Valentine's bling planned? Please share when/if you get anything bling related this Valentine's Day.

I have nothing to share for VD 2020 but here are a few previous Valentine's Day gifts i I received from my DH.

Vintage heart earrings a few years ago.

heartearrings.jpg

heartearringsinbox.png

Ruby necklace and earrings

rubynecklaceandearrings.png

Vintage diamond bracelet
antiquebraceletparkplace.png

I have to take a photo of my diamond heart pendant as I don't have that in my files here.

Not bling related but very us related. Card from last year.

valentinesday2019.jpg.png

Honestly I don't remember most of our VD gifts and we rarely exchange gifts on the holiday anyway.

Here is a necklace we got our niece one VD

diamondheartonbethany.png

Would love to see what you have to share.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have asked for this to be moved to SMTB, sorry I mistakenly posted this in Hangout.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our first year together, DH sent me a dozen red roses. The last 41 years, nothing Who said romance is dead? :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our first year together, DH sent me a dozen red roses. The last 41 years, nothing Who said romance is dead? :lol:

Haha well, my dh is under strict instructions to never buy me flowers. It makes me so sad because they die in a few days. So I think the fact that he doesn't get you flowers means he loves you lots @Austina because he doesn't want you to see them wither and die...

Bling lasts forever after all.:devil:8)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:sigh:

I was hoping to get a cheapo heart shape Moissy ring in silver by 14 Feb 2020, however, at this rate, I am not hopeful.

I shan't say anymore as the project is at risk of being canned from my part, as what I thought was a simple customisation with thicker/wider bezel and a chunky band, it is really that simple, is taking far too long to get the CAD right, even after photos of inspiration rings had been provided.

The ring is being made in silver for free as part of a promotion for buying a loose stone; so in theory, I have no cause to complain about the time it is taking for them to get the CAD right, right?!

DK :rolleyes:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha I usually just get a card and if I'm really lucky maybe some flowers. I will live vicariously through you missy. I love your heart earrings!!!!!

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Haha well, my dh is under strict instructions to never buy me flowers. It makes me so sad because they die in a few days. So I think the fact that he doesn't get you flowers means he loves you lots @Austina because he doesn't want you to see them wither and die...

Bling lasts forever after all.:devil:8)

I agree with you Missy, and I’ve never cared for red roses. They cost a fortune and are too delicate to last very long.
We dont exchange cards any more but , after 52 Valentine Days together, ( we met when I was in high school) I think we’ve done enough to support the greeting card industry already! I have some lovely pieces but nothing that was a Valentine gift. At this point, I just count every day that we are together and healthy, and still enjoy each other’s company, as the best gift of all.

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
P.S. Missy, those earrings are gorgeous!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Any Valentine's bling planned? Please share when/if you get anything bling related this Valentine's Day.

I have nothing to share for VD 2020 but here are a few previous Valentine's Day gifts i I received from my DH.

Vintage heart earrings a few years ago.

heartearrings.jpg

heartearringsinbox.png

Ruby necklace and earrings

rubynecklaceandearrings.png

Vintage diamond bracelet
antiquebraceletparkplace.png

I have to take a photo of my diamond heart pendant as I don't have that in my files here.

Not bling related but very us related. Card from last year.

valentinesday2019.jpg.png

Honestly I don't remember most of our VD gifts and we rarely exchange gifts on the holiday anyway.

Here is a necklace we got our niece one VD

diamondheartonbethany.png

Would love to see what you have to share.

I love those heart earrings and adore your diamond bracelet. And the card is perfect! My dh has given me many beautiful Valentine's gifts. I'll have to get my jewelry out in next few days and lost pics. Great thread and can't wait to see everyone's bling!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I taught him early on that florist flowers were definitely not what I wanted for Valentine's Day! He does usually get me a $5 bouquet from some other store, and I don't mind that! It's the $60 roses that I don't like to watch die! :lol:

He would get me jewelry if there was something I wanted. But unless I decide on something in the next two weeks, I'll be waiting a bit longer! I am kind of conflicted in that I want jewelry, but I seriously wear my basic pieces 99% of the time!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I usually get flowers..I agree they die too soon..I don’t even get a card. I use to buy him chocolate but he can’t have any except for dark chocolate..and that’s not appetizing. I think the way you show someone you love them is doing the little things for each other all year long.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@missy that collection of gifts is lovely! However that ruby necklace and earring set made my heart stop! Do you have any more pictures or any of you wearing them???

Just... Wow...!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I approved the CAD for my silver heart ring today, hopefully I shall have it soon.
The proportions are a bit off, however I did provide an inspirational drawing which was not to scale with dimensions on it. The CAD was made based on the dimensions and not the conceptual design.
It should be fine.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy that collection of gifts is lovely! However that ruby necklace and earring set made my heart stop! Do you have any more pictures or any of you wearing them???

Just... Wow...!

Thank you @Lykame! Here is a photo of me wearing the necklace and different ruby earrings. Let me see if I can find any other photos.

rubynecklace.png

And sometimes I wear them like this:

rubynecklaceanotherway.jpg

I cannot find any photos right now of the long ruby dangles but will add later if I can or take a photo when I have the energy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually get flowers..I agree they die too soon..I don’t even get a card. I use to buy him chocolate but he can’t have any except for dark chocolate..and that’s not appetizing. I think the way you show someone you love them is doing the little things for each other all year long.

I agree completely. Many VDs we don't exchange anything formal at all but a card. It's what we do and show all year long that counts. <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I approved the CAD for my silver heart ring today, hopefully I shall have it soon.
The proportions are a bit off, however I did provide an inspirational drawing which was not to scale with dimensions on it. The CAD was made based on the dimensions and not the conceptual design.
It should be fine.

DK :))

Ooh very exciting @dk168. Cannot wait to see the ring. Sounds lovely.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I taught him early on that florist flowers were definitely not what I wanted for Valentine's Day! He does usually get me a $5 bouquet from some other store, and I don't mind that! It's the $60 roses that I don't like to watch die! :lol:

He would get me jewelry if there was something I wanted. But unless I decide on something in the next two weeks, I'll be waiting a bit longer! I am kind of conflicted in that I want jewelry, but I seriously wear my basic pieces 99% of the time!

Haha we are similar that way. And waiting longer til you know what you want is so worth it. My bling motto is take your time and be sure. Wearing your basic and most loved pieces most of the time is exactly the way it should be. Basic but beautiful and timeless @diamondseeker2006 and your entire collection is perfection. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love those heart earrings and adore your diamond bracelet. And the card is perfect! My dh has given me many beautiful Valentine's gifts. I'll have to get my jewelry out in next few days and lost pics. Great thread and can't wait to see everyone's bling!

Thank you sweet @bling_dream19! I cannot wait to see what you share with us. I love everything you have shown us so far and you and your DH have great taste...obviously because you chose each other. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with you Missy, and I’ve never cared for red roses. They cost a fortune and are too delicate to last very long.
We dont exchange cards any more but , after 52 Valentine Days together, ( we met when I was in high school) I think we’ve done enough to support the greeting card industry already! I have some lovely pieces but nothing that was a Valentine gift. At this point, I just count every day that we are together and healthy, and still enjoy each other’s company, as the best gift of all.

Aww that is so romantic and really material gifts mean nothing. It is all about actions and not things. Actions show we/you love each other every single day. The greatest gift of all is sharing your love and being together and remaining healthy. Truth.

P.S. Missy, those earrings are gorgeous!

Thank you @jeaniefish!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another VD gift I forgot about. I love this necklace. It's rose quartz. IRL it is so lovely and feminine and the setting is beautiful. I love this and don't wear it enough.

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 4.18.42 AM.png

rosequartzlove.jpeg

rosequartzcabochonnecklace.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Lykame! Here is a photo of me wearing the necklace and different ruby earrings. Let me see if I can find any other photos.

rubynecklace.png

And sometimes I wear them like this:

rubynecklaceanotherway.jpg

I cannot find any photos right now of the long ruby dangles but will add later if I can or take a photo when I have the energy.

@Lykame I found a photo of the long ruby dangles for you.

rubylongdangles.jpg

They are too long for me to wear often but once in a while. The artist who created the necklace for me made these earrings as a gift for me in addition and were a surprise. Very sweet of her and it was her VD gift to me. I treasure them (and the lovely thought behind them) despite not wearing them often.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha I usually just get a card and if I'm really lucky maybe some flowers. I will live vicariously through you missy. I love your heart earrings!!!!!

Thank you @Catmom. This year I am not getting a VD gift per se. Nothing formal. If I see something I love I might get it for myself for VD (but will of course give my dh credit for it haha) but as of now there is nothing I want. Nothing in a reasonable price range that is haha because OMG I love everything Anup has. Sigh. Exquisite pieces every single one of them but all out of my price range. But I digress. Happy VD to you and all your delicious creatures. I love your animal and insect brooches so much. :love:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another VD gift I forgot about. I love this necklace. It's rose quartz. IRL it is so lovely and feminine and the setting is beautiful. I love this and don't wear it enough.

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 4.18.42 AM.png

rosequartzlove.jpeg

rosequartzcabochonnecklace.jpg

That is one of the nicest rose quartz pieces ive ever seen
its a beautiful colour
You should wear it more !

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one of the nicest rose quartz pieces ive ever seen
its a beautiful colour
You should wear it more !

Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds! I do love it and the jeweler/artist who created it is very talented IMO. I took a chance on him as he was unknown to me and he did an amazing job. I love rose quartz despite it not being a valuable gemstone. The color and the translucency appeals to me and IMO there is something magical about it. I never took any good photos of me wearing it (days before good mobile phone photos) but here's a not great photo just to show itit on the neck. Looks too pale here and IRL the color is more evident than in this photo.

rosequartzinam.jpg

Haha you can tell that photo is old because my naturally dark hair was still dark.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH gives me flowers regularly - but he makes a point of sending me a large bunch on April 14th. We decided to push our flower exchanging back 2 months each year to avoid the ridiculous price hike, and also the fact that it's mid winter in northern America, so the flowers here at that time are all small and hot house raised anyway - meaning they rarely fully open and the perfume is often non-existent.

As for gifts this Valentine's Day - I'm turning 60 this mid-year and will need a LOT of compensation for that. I told him to save his money; come June, it's gonna get ugly... :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH gives me flowers regularly - but he makes a point of sending me a large bunch on April 14th. We decided to push our flower exchanging back 2 months each year to avoid the ridiculous price hike, and also the fact that it's mid winter in northern America, so the flowers here at that time are all small and hot house raised anyway - meaning they rarely fully open and the perfume is often non-existent.

As for gifts this Valentine's Day - I'm turning 60 this mid-year and will need a LOT of compensation for that. I told him to save his money; come June, it's gonna get ugly... :)

Hahaha and by ugly I know you mean amazbling and gorgeously stunning. Cannot wait. And happy 60th in advance @mrs-b.

You are still young and vibrant and remember you are younger now than you will ever be...❤

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a diamond heart (.71) made into a little stacking ring by David. He previously made me a little stacking ring in a round .40 that I love. It fits like a glove with any band because it slides under the head. I wear it on my right hand with two bands..I wanted him to make it like that but with the heart...It’s for my dog, Bailey, who is eleven and still with me. I wanted to get it now while he’s still here. He’s been moving slowly and it makes me very nervous. I love him so much... I told him he was worth my sweet spot in a diamond (vs1 G) to show him how much I love him. David said it’s finished..Now that it’s done..he said he will engrave Bailey’s name inside the ring up on the shoulder so it can never be cut out due to sizing... I realize it will get to me near Valentine‘s Day which is the anniversary of when I adopted my boy...
BD8A97E2-3816-41A3-AD8F-862CD69F7CF6.jpeg 7C85C414-0B2E-4FAC-8B54-2D9E62814058.jpeg 9EEC9A91-FA56-49EB-BDEC-A26B2EC23AFC.jpeg 774E2F4C-EA59-41D0-948F-6BD37B0815D6.jpeg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a diamond heart (.71) made into a little stacking ring by David. He previously made me a little stacking ring in a round .40 that I love. It fits like a glove with any band because it slides under the head. I wear it on my right hand with two bands..I wanted him to make it like that but with the heart...It’s for my dog, Bailey, who is eleven and still with me. I wanted to get it now while he’s still here. He’s been moving slowly and it makes me very nervous. I love him so much... I told him he was worth my sweet spot in a diamond (vs1 G) to show him how much I love him. David said it’s finished..Now that’s it done..he said he will engrave Bailey’s name inside the ring up on the shoulder so it can never be cut out due to sizing... I realize it will get to me near Valentine‘s Day which is the anniversary of when I adopted my boy...
BD8A97E2-3816-41A3-AD8F-862CD69F7CF6.jpeg 7C85C414-0B2E-4FAC-8B54-2D9E62814058.jpeg 9EEC9A91-FA56-49EB-BDEC-A26B2EC23AFC.jpeg 774E2F4C-EA59-41D0-948F-6BD37B0815D6.jpeg

I love this so much. And I am keeping Bailey in my thoughts and pray you have a nice long time left with him Joanne. It is so hard when our beloved furry babies start getting older and showing their age. Hoping you have a good quality of time left with him. (((Hugs))) to you both.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results