shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentine's Day 2020

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @jeaniefish

And thank you for rescuing animals in need. Always a terrible loss when our furbabies die but I agree we do the best we can. They always give so much more to us than I could ever hope to give them. But every day we show them how much we love and adore them.

I am sorry for your losses. :(

Thank you Missy. When we adopt them, we already know that someday, one of us will be saying good bye to the other!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean your little heart has turned out beautifully, I can’t wait for you to receive it. I got my heart pendant at Christmas in memory of my lovely Dottie, her heart close to my heart.

I think pussycat brooches would be lovely @missy, it’s reminded me I have a brooch of a big cat, with diamond collar, sapphire spots and ruby eyes, (I wonder where I’ve put it :shock: ?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean your little heart has turned out beautifully, I can’t wait for you to receive it. I got my heart pendant at Christmas in memory of my lovely Dottie, her heart close to my heart.

I think pussycat brooches would be lovely @missy, it’s reminded me I have a brooch of a big cat, with diamond collar, sapphire spots and ruby eyes, (I wonder where I’ve put it :shock: ?

Thank you @Austina! I’m looking forward to getting it. I almost lost my breathe when you said you didn’t know where you put your brooch! :eek-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean

Thank you dear Joanne. Haha well I guess it is technically “my” hair. Since I paid for it. :lol:

Wow! Is that a wig? When my hair falls out you have to help me order one!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Is that a wig? When my hair falls out you have to help me order one!

Yes I would be more than happy to! Of course, ask if I have worn any of them and the answer is (almost 2 years ago I bought that first one) no. Haha but I am prepared! :P2 I just hate anything touching me and that includes faux hair. #fauxhairdocare lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oooh if you find it please share a photo of it. Sounds gorgeous @Austina :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Missy. When we adopt them, we already know that someday, one of us will be saying good bye to the other!

Yes and every time we lose a furry member of our family I think I cannot do this again. The pain is too intense. Yet we always rescue another. Somehow the desire to save a life takes precedence over the terrible pain. It doesn't dissipate it but gives us a reason to endure it all over again. Knowing inevitably that day will come.

Grief is the price we pay for deep and true love.

grief.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Missy and Mamabean,
Even though I joined PS years ago, I don‘t post often. I do enjoy your posts though, and have learned a lot from them. I was recently motivated to join instagram after seeing mamabean‘s unicorn find ( that gorgeous antique asscher) diamond.
I just wanted to express my sympathies to Missy. We now have several rescue kitties, both feral and domesticated, and they all have amazing personalities and little behavior quirks. Each day brings something new. We have said goodbye to several pets over the years and it never gets easier. Just take comfort in knowing that you gave them wonderful lives while they were with you.

And Mamabean, I can definitely empathize with you. Our dog Chloe is 14 and the. 9th dog we’ve adopted since we married. We rescued her as a pup dying from mange and starvation, so I know how you feel about your Bailey. I know that you treasure each day you have with him and he’s so lucky to have found a home with humans who love ,respect and value the non human animals on our endangered planet!

@jeaniefish I‘m so happy you came out to say hello! I love that you rescue animals..both dogs and kitties! Chloe is a lucky dog to have you as his mom. I never had cats but my mom did.They definitely have their own personalities..
My dog was one of a litter of puppies rescued from the carcass of a cow in Missouri..He had a good, smart mama who kept them inside the carcass away from the elements...When I got him he had mange and roundworm. He had big chunks of hair missing and he was full of roundworm. I slept in the kitchen with him for a while until he was rid of the mange and roundworm...I think we bonded in the kitchen spending so much time together. ❤️
Please come back often! It was nice to meet you!

Thank you for also liking my asscher..I’ve named her Ashlee because she’s an antique so not truly and asscher or an emerald cut. She‘s being set with David..I can’t wait to see her again..

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Y’all are so nice here. Thank you for being very welcoming to a not-so-new member!
The stories we could swap about our 4 legged family members and what they have had to do to survive!
Here is a quick pic. of one of our rescue cats, Thomas ( aka Bubba) fast asleep w/o a care in the world...even though he has Feline AIDS.:confused2: C0AFA1A9-80B6-4E19-8A79-00887FE3921E.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y’all are so nice here. Thank you for being very welcoming to a not-so-new member!
The stories we could swap about our 4 legged family members and what they have had to do to survive!
Here is a quick pic. of one of our rescue cats, Thomas ( aka Bubba) fast asleep w/o a care in the world...even though he has Feline AIDS.:confused2: C0AFA1A9-80B6-4E19-8A79-00887FE3921E.jpeg

Aww :love: Bubba aka Thomas is a beautiful beautiful boy.❤

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Missy. He looks so sweet when he’s asleep. Awake, he is a hot mess, with Attitude no less. We have to constantly be on guard for his runny nose ( the Feline AIDS ) and his tendency to want to use the furniture as his personal scratching post. :oops2:We hadn‘t had him very long before we realized that he hadn’t run away from his previous home. He was evicted!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Missy. He looks so sweet when he’s asleep. Awake, he is a hot mess, with Attitude no less. We have to constantly be on guard for his runny nose ( the Feline AIDS ) and his tendency to want to use the furniture as his personal scratching post. :oops2:We hadn‘t had him very long before we realized that he hadn’t run away from his previous home. He was evicted!

Aww he’s a lucky kitty. And we call that “cattitude” :bigsmile:

Our Oliver kitty is sweetest when he’s asleep. :lol: He’s an angel :halo: when asleep and a devil when awake.:evil2:

Shame on his previous family. Some people suck. And why I prefer animals over many people.

As for his FIV + status hopefully he’ll live a healthy long life. :pray:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@missy sorry for the slow reply, I've been at work, but it was so wonderful to have a quick peek at those glorious rubies and your pictures of them! They look wonderful! They also look wonderful on you! I love them! I love the clasp on that necklace too, does it feel safe or do you worry it will slip off? It's a statement in itself so I really like it.

Thank you so much for sharing, that made my day!

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Aww he’s a lucky kitty. And we call that “cattitude” :bigsmile:

Our Oliver kitty is sweetest when he’s asleep. :lol: He’s an angel :halo: when asleep and a devil when awake.:evil2:

Shame on his previous family. Some people suck. And why I prefer animals over many people.

As for his FIV + status hopefully he’ll live a healthy long life. :pray:

Thank you, Missy. No matter how many or few years Thomas has left on earth, they are good ones. I even warm his morning cat formula breakfast in the microwave
Yep, “catitude” it is!
And to quote Mark Twain..... “ The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog”!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I warm Bailey’s wet food in the microwave too! He won’t eat dry food..so he eats wet food. I have to brush his teeth because of that..but they are pearly white! :kiss2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds! I do love it and the jeweler/artist who created it is very talented IMO. I took a chance on him as he was unknown to me and he did an amazing job. I love rose quartz despite it not being a valuable gemstone. The color and the translucency appeals to me and IMO there is something magical about it. I never took any good photos of me wearing it (days before good mobile phone photos) but here's a not great photo just to show itit on the neck. Looks too pale here and IRL the color is more evident than in this photo.

rosequartzinam.jpg

Haha you can tell that photo is old because my naturally dark hair was still dark.

I also love rose quartz but its hard here to ever see a nice piece of fine jewlery featuring it, (Ive seen the odd lovelly antique piece but they look faded from age and daily wear )

the colour is either so pale or it just looks a bit crafty like the fun stuff they sell at crystal shops between the insence and the bongs
In saying that i do want to make a mobile with all those cool polished shapes those crystal shops sell - i just want to wear something that looks like it cost more than $20 when the mall jewellers are charging $300 (for really pale pieces)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a diamond heart (.71) made into a little stacking ring by David. He previously made me a little stacking ring in a round .40 that I love. It fits like a glove with any band because it slides under the head. I wear it on my right hand with two bands..I wanted him to make it like that but with the heart...It’s for my dog, Bailey, who is eleven and still with me. I wanted to get it now while he’s still here. He’s been moving slowly and it makes me very nervous. I love him so much... I told him he was worth my sweet spot in a diamond (vs1 G) to show him how much I love him. David said it’s finished..Now that it’s done..he said he will engrave Bailey’s name inside the ring up on the shoulder so it can never be cut out due to sizing... I realize it will get to me near Valentine‘s Day which is the anniversary of when I adopted my boy...
BD8A97E2-3816-41A3-AD8F-862CD69F7CF6.jpeg 7C85C414-0B2E-4FAC-8B54-2D9E62814058.jpeg 9EEC9A91-FA56-49EB-BDEC-A26B2EC23AFC.jpeg 774E2F4C-EA59-41D0-948F-6BD37B0815D6.jpeg

This is fabulous in so many ways
and lovelly to get it now

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love all yellow flowers, and my favourite is probably buttercups which are considered as weeds!

I shan't say never never, however, I am not going to mope around waiting for Prince Charming to scoop me off my feet and carry me away into the sunset to live happily after. I shall go out and about and enjoy life as much as I can as a singleton without any dependents except for my cat and dog.

Whatever will be will be and all that.

DK :))

I have a great clump of buttercup in my backyard that arn't going anywhere because i love them and they remind me of my grandparents (there was this big clump of them growing down behind Grandad's glass house, up aganist the fence with an Arum Lilly
I love the simple form
I once saw a bunch in a vase and they looked amazing

Cats and dogs are family

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

He is very beautiful
He looks like Tinky
the great love of my life
I miss him every day

Hmmm i wish i knew where my Tinky ring is. It's diamonds and MM orange sapphires - i didn't know you could get natural orange gemstones till i came here
@missy what about a diamond pin featuring a couple of coloured stones in a beautiful green to match their eyes ?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indeed cats and dogs are family!

They are my fur kids and love them to bits.

They get roast meats such as chicken and beef as supplement to their normal food, and a bit of bacon last thing at night.

It is truly a case of like me like my pets, and one of the reasons I broke up with my last gentleman friend is because he does not like dogs, and would not come to stay at my house or let my dog stay at his when I was there.

So I was ferrying between our two houses which was fine when I was not working. However, when I was working away from home, during weekends when I was home, I did not get to see the pets much as I wanted to spend time with him.

As a result, I dearly missed the pets and felt like a bad mummy, and resentment started to grow, culminating to a big row that was triggered by something else.

We broke up before we would kill each other, that's for certain! We were adult enough to realise it was not working for both of us, and parted company in good terms.

It was not meant to be, and we both kind of knew that from the onset. I did have a good go at it, and shall not look back and ponder "what if".

Hey ho!

DK :))

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
I had a diamond heart (.71) made into a little stacking ring by David. He previously made me a little stacking ring in a round .40 that I love. It fits like a glove with any band because it slides under the head. I wear it on my right hand with two bands..I wanted him to make it like that but with the heart...It’s for my dog, Bailey, who is eleven and still with me. I wanted to get it now while he’s still here. He’s been moving slowly and it makes me very nervous. I love him so much... I told him he was worth my sweet spot in a diamond (vs1 G) to show him how much I love him. David said it’s finished..Now that it’s done..he said he will engrave Bailey’s name inside the ring up on the shoulder so it can never be cut out due to sizing... I realize it will get to me near Valentine‘s Day which is the anniversary of when I adopted my boy...
BD8A97E2-3816-41A3-AD8F-862CD69F7CF6.jpeg 7C85C414-0B2E-4FAC-8B54-2D9E62814058.jpeg 9EEC9A91-FA56-49EB-BDEC-A26B2EC23AFC.jpeg 774E2F4C-EA59-41D0-948F-6BD37B0815D6.jpeg

It's so beautiful, @Mamabean !!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy..So you would want an engraving with their likeness? That sounds beautiful. I did think of the fact that there will be more eventually...so sad but true...That’s why I was thinking of OEC diamonds which can be added later. I love the idea of the brooch with engraving for each kitty. You could also add the color of their eyes in the brooch. I hope Tommy lives a really long time..but his green eyes are so beautiful.
This is kind of a random thought but mentioning Tommy’s green eyes made me think of our visit to Italy three years ago. We were standing in front of our hotel when a gorgeous man with the most beautiful hazel/green eyes came out to get our car. He looked at me and I blurted out that he had the most beautiful eyes! It was totally embarrassing because I was standing next to my husband..and this man was twenty years younger! He replied ”thank you” and I scraped my dignity off the ground and crawled into my car. I didn’t think my husband was too happy..:lol:

Oh he wasn’t THAT young. Oh..that makes me old! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love your pendant @Austina..It’s amazing Colin picked that out himself. He has such beautiful taste...and a heart..so sweet.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy sorry for the slow reply, I've been at work, but it was so wonderful to have a quick peek at those glorious rubies and your pictures of them! They look wonderful! They also look wonderful on you! I love them! I love the clasp on that necklace too, does it feel safe or do you worry it will slip off? It's a statement in itself so I really like it.

Thank you so much for sharing, that made my day!

Aww thank you @Lykame! You made my day by saying that. Yes I love the clasp and it was an intentional decision to have that done that way. I agree, the clasp is a statement in itself. I think the necklace is very secure and have never had an issue with it. Thank you for your lovely compliments!

Indeed cats and dogs are family!

Agreed! We are on the same page. Our furry family members are family 100%. The best of family in most cases IMO.

And to quote Mark Twain..... “ The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog”!

One of my favorite quotes.

That and my tag line.

animals.jpg

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
I love that quote and I want to adopt that kitten and puppy

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even before my ex and I broke up he was so negative of holidays like Valentines, the holiday was more about me and my kids making and exchanging cards, also exchanging cards with my Mom and sister, so it doesn't feel like a "romantic" holiday to me anymore. I am deep down a romantic. I just don't associate those romantic feelings with that holiday.
Ironically the guy I'm casually seeing does buy me red roses and take me out to eat on that date. And I get him a little something. But as we are friends w benefits, it's more for fun.

The hard holiday for me is in March; ex's and I former anniversary. Since we got divorced in 2018 in 2019 our shared cat died, shared dog died. He also bought a house and married his girlfriend this fall. Also my brother and my uncle died this year. Part of me almost wants to break up with guy though he is perfectly fine, because being single and by myself really feels more real and authentic at this time in my life. And to accept and embrace that. Anyways I do enjoy the holiday to express love to loved ones, just not in a romantic way!

Last edited:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, this discussion of rescue kitties is making me so sad. We just had to have our last rescue kitty put to sleep 2 days ago. This is the first time in our 40 year marriage that we have no cats. I guess I need to change my name. 2020 is starting off just as bad as 2019.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Catmom :cry2: so sorry! I was devastated when my first 2 rescue cats passed away within a few weeks of each other. The house was not the same! Then along came my next two Oreo and Hershey!
You may get to a point where you have the emotional space for another furry! Virtual hugs x

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results