shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentine's Day 2020

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like flowers, however, I dislike red roses and prefer yellow ones.

My birthday is close VD, and the price hike even for non-red roses is ridiculously high!

Gone were the days when I had a special someone to share the day with. I am just grateful the pets are with me.

Deep down, I am a hopeless romantic who believe is love at first sight and happy ever after and all that. However, I more pragmatic as I grow older.

I feel happy and joyful when I hear about other people's good news when they decide to get together with or without getting married :); and feel sad whenever I hear about relationship break ups especially if the break up is acrimonious. :(

Happy Valentine's Day to all the romantics out there in advance.

DK :))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this so much. And I am keeping Bailey in my thoughts and pray you have a nice long time left with him Joanne. It is so hard when our beloved furry babies start getting older and showing their age. Hoping you have a good quality of time left with him. (((Hugs))) to you both.

Thank you @missy...I love him so...I know you understand...My heart breaks for the losses of your furries. I can’t even imagine the pain. I hurt so bad when we lost Gordie...but he was my son’s dog...I loved him very much..but Bailey is my dog..He’s like my child..:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy...I love him so...I know you understand...My heart breaks for the losses of your furries. I can’t even imagine the pain. I hurt so bad when we lost Gordie...but he was my son’s dog...I loved him very much..but Bailey is my dog..He’s like my child..:kiss2:

@Mamabean yes, sadly I get it. I am sorry we both know this pain too well. I still hurt thinking of Francesca and of course Fred as we lost him just over 2 weeks ago. The pain sears through my being with an unimaginable force. The grief feels so fresh even for Francesca who died in June. I miss them both with a fervor I never would have imagined even though I knew how much I loved them. Still a surprise at how much pain I am in.

I would love to make something in tribute to Francesca and Fred but am at a loss as to what it should be...I don't wear rings besides my ER and a few bands and occasionally my black opal. So not a ring. As for necklaces I rarely wear those and have so many as it is. Maybe a solid gold pin with diamonds? But since I want it for Fred and Francesca what would be best? I cannot get 2 separate pins as how do I choose which to wear? I have the Frankie appliqué but it's not enough. How could I get one pin for the both of them? And who would I get to make it? Any brainstorming is greatly appreciated.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like flowers, however, I dislike red roses and prefer yellow ones.

My birthday is close VD, and the price hike even for non-red roses is ridiculously high!

Gone were the days when I had a special someone to share the day with. I am just grateful the pets are with me.

Deep down, I am a hopeless romantic who believe is love at first sight and happy ever after and all that. However, I more pragmatic as I grow older.

I feel happy and joyful when I hear about other people's good news when they decide to get together with or without getting married :); and feel sad whenever I hear about relationship break ups especially if the break up is acrimonious. :(

Happy Valentine's Day to all the romantics out there in advance.

Yes, this is me too. Deep down a hopeless romantic but also very realistic about life and love. You never know what the future holds @dk168 and that special someone might be out there for you. In my heart I feel that is true. And wishing you much happiness and love. Happy birthday and happy VD in advance. (((Hugs))).

ETA I love the yellow roses too but white roses are my favorite roses. My favorite flowers however are both white and yellow...daisys. Love Daisys-my favorite flowers. @Daisys and Diamonds perhaps this is why I love you so much. ❤
I also love tulips. And wildflowers. I love beautiful flowers in the garden where they can thrive for longer and brighten everything up.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread has just given me an inspiration, to set my mum's MRB in the middle of a heart shaped metal bezel halo instead of a plain bezel in a bangle!

This way, there will be more white metal on show that will contrast well against the stone and my wrist.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean yes, sadly I get it. I am sorry we both know this pain too well. I still hurt thinking of Francesca and of course Fred as we lost him just over 2 weeks ago. The pain sears through my being with an unimaginable force. The grief feels so fresh even for Francesca who died in June. I miss them both with a fervor I never would have imagined even though I knew how much I loved them. Still a surprise at how much pain I am in.

I would love to make something in tribute to Francesca and Fred but am at a loss as to what it should be...I don't wear rings besides my ER and a few bands and occasionally my black opal. So not a ring. As for necklaces I rarely wear those and have so many as it is. Maybe a solid gold pin with diamonds? But since I want it for Fred and Francesca what would be best? I cannot get 2 separate pins as how do I choose which to wear? I have the Frankie appliqué but it's not enough. How could I get one pin for the both of them? And who would I get to make it? Any brainstorming is greatly appreciated.

@missy I think two small OEC diamonds...one for each would be lovely..set in a charm for a bracelet..or a pin if you wear them. David can do anything. I totally trust that he could make you something beautiful. Look through designs of antique pins to see a design you like you can use for inspiration..If you made a very small pendant with an antique flare..that you can wear always...it could be made very small and worn with other necklaces..I have a friend who received a very small..teeny tiny diamond heart pendant from her husband.. She never takes it off and wears it with whatever she wears for the day. We can help you..

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, this is me too. Deep down a hopeless romantic but also very realistic about life and love. You never know what the future holds @dk168 and that special someone might be out there for you. In my heart I feel that is true. And wishing you much happiness and love. Happy birthday and happy VD in advance. (((Hugs))).

ETA I love the yellow roses too but white roses are my favorite roses. My favorite flowers however are both white and yellow...daisys. Love Daisys-my favorite flowers. @Daisys and Diamonds perhaps this is why I love you so much. ❤
I also love tulips. And wildflowers. I love beautiful flowers in the garden where they can thrive for longer and brighten everything up.

I love all yellow flowers, and my favourite is probably buttercups which are considered as weeds!

I shan't say never never, however, I am not going to mope around waiting for Prince Charming to scoop me off my feet and carry me away into the sunset to live happily after. I shall go out and about and enjoy life as much as I can as a singleton without any dependents except for my cat and dog.

Whatever will be will be and all that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I think two small OEC diamonds...one for each would be lovely..set in a charm for a bracelet..or a pin if you wear them. David can do anything. I totally trust that he could make you something beautiful. Look through designs of antique pins to see a design you like you can use for inspiration..If you made a very small pendant with an antique flare..that you can wear always...it could be made very small and worn with other necklaces..I have a friend who received a very small..teeny tiny diamond heart pendant from her husband.. She never takes it off and wears it with whatever she wears for the day. We can help you..

Thanks Joanne, great idea. I would want a kitty brooch with the two diamonds. Hmm. I have to think about it. Francesca was all black with a black nose (black and brown really but appearance all black) and Fred was black and white with a pink nose so that is a challenge.

I appreciate your offer and will take you up on it when I am deeper into the planning stages. Thank you. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all yellow flowers, and my favourite is probably buttercups which are considered as weeds!

I shan't say never never, however, I am not going to mope around waiting for Prince Charming to scoop me off my feet and carry me away into the sunset to live happily after. I shall go out and about and enjoy life as much as I can as a singleton without any dependents except for my cat and dog.

Whatever will be will be and all that.

Definitely. Living life and enjoying your life and not thinking about meeting someone special is absolutely the best way to live one's life. And when you least expect it...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Joanne, great idea. I would want a kitty brooch with the two diamonds. Hmm. I have to think about it. Francesca was all black with a black nose (black and brown really but appearance all black) and Fred was black and white with a pink nose so that is a challenge.

I appreciate your offer and will take you up on it when I am deeper into the planning stages. Thank you. XOXO.

I will only post this idea until you decide when you’re ready..but saw this..I would make it in platinum or white gold because I think you like that..You could put photos inside..You could also put little OEC’s in the flowers on the outside..Just a thought...
4767A393-9BFC-4A07-83A6-0DDC4B3C3192.jpeg

tenshix

Rough_Rock
@missy Amazing VD collection!! Does your hubby choose these beauties for you or as a result of strong hints on your end?

I have a tinyy 7 stone ring project that will hopefully be in the works soon but DH doesn’t know about it yet. He’ll get the surprise and I’ll get the gift. :lol-2:

tenshix

Rough_Rock
I had a diamond heart (.71) made into a little stacking ring by David. He previously made me a little stacking ring in a round .40 that I love. It fits like a glove with any band because it slides under the head. I wear it on my right hand with two bands..I wanted him to make it like that but with the heart...It’s for my dog, Bailey, who is eleven and still with me. I wanted to get it now while he’s still here. He’s been moving slowly and it makes me very nervous. I love him so much... I told him he was worth my sweet spot in a diamond (vs1 G) to show him how much I love him. David said it’s finished..Now that it’s done..he said he will engrave Bailey’s name inside the ring up on the shoulder so it can never be cut out due to sizing... I realize it will get to me near Valentine‘s Day which is the anniversary of when I adopted my boy...
BD8A97E2-3816-41A3-AD8F-862CD69F7CF6.jpeg 7C85C414-0B2E-4FAC-8B54-2D9E62814058.jpeg 9EEC9A91-FA56-49EB-BDEC-A26B2EC23AFC.jpeg 774E2F4C-EA59-41D0-948F-6BD37B0815D6.jpeg

What a sweet ring with such deep meaning, I totally understand the anxiety and the heartache. I too love my dog like my own child.

Has anyone here ever done the thing where you take your pet’s ashes and turn it into a diamond? I could have sworn I saw it on a TV special years ago and it’s been on my mind every time I think of them passing.

I also know of a London jeweler who has made beautiful memento rings using vintage lockets and putting part of the client’s loved one’s ashes inside, then completely solder it closed and attach the locket as part of her signature claw-like rings. It’s so beautiful and meaningful.

I love that jewelry can represent our most loved ones in this way.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooo, two kitties sitting side by side, one with dark body Tahitian pearls, the other with one white pearl and a dark coloured pearl.

Or one with Onyx, and the other with Snowflake Obsidian or Black and White Jasper. The noses can be enamalled to suit.

DK ;))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Amazing VD collection!! Does your hubby choose these beauties for you or as a result of strong hints on your end?

I have a tinyy 7 stone ring project that will hopefully be in the works soon but DH doesn’t know about it yet. He’ll get the surprise and I’ll get the gift. :lol-2:

Thank you @tenshix I choose it all. With input from him of course as I am shopping I always ask what he thinks. I love the process (the search and hunt) and would miss it if my dh was the one to be in charge of my gifts. That and I am picky so have to choose what I want or I probably would be disappointed.

Haha I hear you re your DH getting the surprise when you get the gift. :lol:

When we were first married we made up lists of what we wanted and then got to choose from the list so at least there was some element of surprise and we were still getting exactly what we wanted. Both of us are super picky and it worked well for us for a long time. But in the past decade or more no such pretense is in place and we just choose what we want and make it a gift from the other. Works for us and many others too it seems on PS.

Cannot wait to see your ring...sounds lovely! ❤

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will only post this idea until you decide when you’re ready..but saw this..I would make it in platinum or white gold because I think you like that..You could put photos inside..You could also put little OEC’s in the flowers on the outside..Just a thought...
4767A393-9BFC-4A07-83A6-0DDC4B3C3192.jpeg

Thank you Joanne! You know, this reminds me I have a gorgeous locket somewhere that I could put Francesca's and Fred's photo into while I am deciding on a more special project...

Here is a photo of it. With Tommy. Meoww.

locketandtommy.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, two kitties sitting side by side, one with dark body Tahitian pearls, the other with one white pearl and a dark coloured pearl.

Or one with Onyx, and the other with Snowflake Obsidian or Black and White Jasper. The noses can be enamalled to suit.

DK ;))

Thank you @dk168, love this idea. Will have to think about this more. Thank you!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooooh @missy! That’s a great idea! It’s lovely!
edited...I just saw Tommy! I see jewelry and black out anything else! Hahah!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooh @missy! That’s a great idea! It’s lovely!
edited...I just saw Tommy! I see jewelry and black out anything else! Hahah!

Thanks Joanne. Haha and I am the opposite. I see the animals first and then I'm like oh is there bling in there? :cheeky:

So I am just talking with my dh and he thinks I should get a separate brooch for Fred and Francesca so then I could wear them both together or not but this way I can mix and match and add to the collection :( which of course I don't want to do but inevitably one has to face facts. Now who can do this for me? That's the hard part because I would like it to be their likeness.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@tenshix I have heard of that. I’m unique in that I don’t want Bailey’s ashes..or even of a family member. I want to remember them as they were..It would be just too sad for me...and the thought frightens me tbh. I’m sure the jewelry or ashes give comfort to many people..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy..So you would want an engraving with their likeness? That sounds beautiful. I did think of the fact that there will be more eventually...so sad but true...That’s why I was thinking of OEC diamonds which can be added later. I love the idea of the brooch with engraving for each kitty. You could also add the color of their eyes in the brooch. I hope Tommy lives a really long time..but his green eyes are so beautiful.
This is kind of a random thought but mentioning Tommy’s green eyes made me think of our visit to Italy three years ago. We were standing in front of our hotel when a gorgeous man with the most beautiful hazel/green eyes came out to get our car. He looked at me and I blurted out that he had the most beautiful eyes! It was totally embarrassing because I was standing next to my husband..and this man was twenty years younger! He replied ”thank you” and I scraped my dignity off the ground and crawled into my car. I didn’t think my husband was too happy..:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy..So you would want an engraving with their likeness? That sounds beautiful. I did think of the fact that there will be more eventually...so sad but true...That’s why I was thinking of OEC diamonds which can be added later. I love the idea of the brooch with engraving for each kitty. You could also add the color of their eyes in the brooch. I hope Tommy lives a really long time..but his green eyes are so beautiful.
This is kind of a random thought but mentioning Tommy’s green eyes made me think of our visit to Italy three years ago. We were standing in front of our hotel when a gorgeous man with the most beautiful hazel/green eyes came out to get our car. He looked at me and I blurted out that he had the most beautiful eyes! It was totally embarrassing because I was standing next to my husband..and this man was twenty years younger! He replied ”thank you” and I scraped my dignity off the ground and crawled into my car. I didn’t think my husband was too happy..:lol:

Aww haha I feel your discomfort in that experience but I think it was sweet. I do that too...give spontaneous compliments when I feel it to strangers. Nothing wrong with that at all and I bet the young man was flattered even if momentarily embarrassed.

Tommy's eyes are gorgeous. So were Fred's eyes. Similar coloring.

tommyhandsomeevenfirstthingintheam.jpg
The color of our cats eyes change with different environments...just like our old cut diamonds!

Kissing my sweet baby this morning. He loves kisses. I am allergic to his saliva and always hive up but it is worth it.

tommygivingmommysomeearlymorninglovingandkisses.jpg

As for the brooch I was thinking more like my appliqué which might prove very difficult to do.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww haha I feel your discomfort in that experience but I think it was sweet. I do that too...give spontaneous compliments when I feel it to strangers. Nothing wrong with that at all and I bet the young man was flattered even if momentarily embarrassed.

Tommy's eyes are gorgeous. So were Fred's eyes. Similar coloring.

tommyhandsomeevenfirstthingintheam.jpg
The color of our cats eyes change with different environments...just like our old cut diamonds!

Kissing my sweet baby this morning. He loves kisses. I am allergic to his saliva and always hive up but it is worth it.

tommygivingmommysomeearlymorninglovingandkisses.jpg

As for the brooch I was thinking more like my appliqué which might prove very difficult to do.

They are gorgeous @missy! I know there’s someone who could do it..Can you post it again so I can save it?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous @missy! I know there’s someone who could do it..Can you post it again so I can save it?

Thanks Joanne. I’m on my iPad now as I’m on the go. I will post as soon as I get back to my computer unless I can find it on my iPad. Lemme see.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby surprises me with 'just because' budget (not from a florist but from grocery stores and farmers'markets etc) flowers throughout the year which I love. We are on same page as to V Day jacked up prices for flowers, candy and restaurants. I have two small pink sparkle wire baskets that I fill with a large piece of Fannie Mae fudge, silver jewelry such as earrings, bracelet or necklace,and new PJs, toys, face masks/ cosmetics, etc for my daughters. I have a red sparkle wire basket I pack with a piece of fudge and a note directing hubby to the fridge for a special 6 pack of craft beer (the only alcohol he drinks is beer) that he would not normally buy due to price.These are placed on the table for breakfast so everyone feels special and loved throughout the day! I have done this since the girls were little with the same baskets and I take a photo of them with baskets each year and put it in our family album.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Missy and Mamabean,
Even though I joined PS years ago, I don‘t post often. I do enjoy your posts though, and have learned a lot from them. I was recently motivated to join instagram after seeing mamabean‘s unicorn find ( that gorgeous antique asscher) diamond.
I just wanted to express my sympathies to Missy. We now have several rescue kitties, both feral and domesticated, and they all have amazing personalities and little behavior quirks. Each day brings something new. We have said goodbye to several pets over the years and it never gets easier. Just take comfort in knowing that you gave them wonderful lives while they were with you.

And Mamabean, I can definitely empathize with you. Our dog Chloe is 14 and the. 9th dog we’ve adopted since we married. We rescued her as a pup dying from mange and starvation, so I know how you feel about your Bailey. I know that you treasure each day you have with him and he’s so lucky to have found a home with humans who love ,respect and value the non human animals on our endangered planet!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @jeaniefish

And thank you for rescuing animals in need. Always a terrible loss when our furbabies die but I agree we do the best we can. They always give so much more to us than I could ever hope to give them. But every day we show them how much we love and adore them.

I am sorry for your losses. :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results