shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentine's Day 2020

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
@Catmom, sending you tender hugs. It's so hard to let go of a much loved member of the family. Two years ago my husband and I were in the same position as you. It was the first time we didn't have a dog or a cat under our feet in almost 40 years as well. It took me many months to get over it. But last year we adopted from our local shelter a brother and sister from the same litter... now the house feels right again. Much love being sent to you, and take care.

IMG_0367.jpeg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since we are sharing,the first pic is the cat I adopted on August, a sweet, curious affectionate tuxedo kitten. The 2nd pic is Camilla, my cat since 1999. She passed away in may ❤ IMG_20180926_225621700.jpg .

Attachments

• IMG_20200108_142359814.jpg
    IMG_20200108_142359814.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 57

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, this discussion of rescue kitties is making me so sad. We just had to have our last rescue kitty put to sleep 2 days ago. This is the first time in our 40 year marriage that we have no cats. I guess I need to change my name. 2020 is starting off just as bad as 2019.

I’m so sorry @Catmom :(

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @Catmom I'm so sorry. The little monkeys really wiggle their way into our hearts, and stay there for good. Big hugs x

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom I am back. I wanted to say please reconsider changing your PS screen name. You are still their mom. They live on forever in your heart and soul and are always with you. You are their mother forever. And one day, yes, you will be reunited with them. Sending you big hugs and much love. And from my heart to yours I am so sorry on your terrible loss. There are no words that can truly comfort one through this but perhaps it helps knowing there are people who care about you and are thinking about you and know your pain.

:(

Grief is the price we pay for deep and true love. But they knew true love and joy and had an amazing life with you.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom I am back. I wanted to say please reconsider changing your PS screen name. You are still their mom. They live on forever in your heart and soul and are always with you. You are their mother forever. And one day, yes, you will be reunited with them. Sending you big hugs and much love. And from my heart to yours I am so sorry on your terrible loss. There are no words that can truly comfort one through this but perhaps it helps knowing there are people who care about you and are thinking about you and know your pain.

:(

Grief is the price we pay for deep and true love. But they knew true love and joy and had an amazing life with you.

Thank you so much missy and everyone for your kind words. For years I was the registered caretaker of a feral cat colony and several of my cats were from that colony along with other rescues. It's truly strange to not have any babies in the house but we've had so much loss in our lives the past couple years, people wise and kitty wise, that hubby and I are going to take a break. Our kids are pushing for us to rescue a few more immediately but I just don't think we can at the moment.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much missy for your kind words. For years I was the registered caretaker of a feral cat colony and several of my cats were from that colony along with other rescues. It's truly strange to not have any babies in the house but we've had so much loss in our lives the past couple years, people wise and kitty wise, that hubby and I are going to take a break. Our kids are pushing for us to rescue a few more immediately but I just don't think we can at the moment.

I totally get it @Catmom. It is soul sucking and exhausting caring for a feral cat colony (we do it now and it is an exercise in gut wrenching emotions at times) and caring for our domestic cats at times as well. You have earned a well deserved and as long as you need (even if that means forever) rest from caring for kitties. I understand. However your screen name still applies IMO because once a cat mom always a cat mom.

Sending you (((hugs))) and love and wishing you more peaceful and happy times. I am so sorry for all your losses. It never gets any easier and sometimes each loss feels that much harder if that makes sense. Death is such an integral part of life. I wish our loved ones could live forever. :(

Drm1grl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @Lykame! Here is a photo of me wearing the necklace and different ruby earrings. Let me see if I can find any other photos.

rubynecklace.png

And sometimes I wear them like this:

rubynecklaceanotherway.jpg

I cannot find any photos right now of the long ruby dangles but will add later if I can or take a photo when I have the energy.

Wow - so beautiful! I love rubies. July birthday (born on my mom’s birthday) - so they have always been special.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ok @missy and PS friends here's some Valentine's bling! First up is a pink sapphire diamond heart that I just pined for. This was the first nice piece of jewelry my bf now husband gifted me. I still love it. 20200201_144221.jpg 20200201_144227.jpg

Another year he got me this gorgeous 2 tone yellow and white gold diamond cut necklace and earrings. I love this set. It looks and feels great on as the earrings are nice and light. 20200201_144257.jpg

And another year he got me these gorgeous pink pearl and tourmaline earrings and necklace. You can tell I like sets! And the necklace is super sexy! 20200201_144045.jpg 20200201_144015.jpg 20200201_143846.jpg

And last year, our engagement and wedding year he got me my a gorgeous diamond cluster necklace and earrings set! I just love them, they are super blingy! 20200201_144738.jpg

Thanks for looking and happy valentine's to all!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much missy and everyone for your kind words. For years I was the registered caretaker of a feral cat colony and several of my cats were from that colony along with other rescues. It's truly strange to not have any babies in the house but we've had so much loss in our lives the past couple years, people wise and kitty wise, that hubby and I are going to take a break. Our kids are pushing for us to rescue a few more immediately but I just don't think we can at the moment.

@Catmom , I am so sorry.:( I was going to post exactly the same as @missy . You are forever their mom and nothing will change that!

I also cared for a feral colony at my former home. It's just heartbreaking to lose them and to sometimes be forced to make difficult decisions that are in their best interest, but still so sad. After my colony thinned, we finally moved and one of my former ferals I brought with us ran out when we got to the new home. She never returned and I truly think about it every day almost a year later and it makes me so upset. Especially when I see coyotes in my yard.:( I still have her baby as some comfort, but it's heart-wrenching. I had brought her inside almost five years prior due to health issues and she seemed so happy. I tell myself that even if her life was cut short, she had a human here who loved her, cared for her, and who will be looking for her to be reunited one day. She was a part of a family. Their life expectancy is so short outside, so any care we can give them is still a blessing.

I've never admitted this anywhere, so why not a public forum? Any time I see a dead animal in the road, I name him/her and pray to my former pets to welcome them at the pearly gates. The only thing sadder in my mind than coming across a poor animal in the road is the thought they may have never had a name, a home, someone who fed them. That is why I began looking after the kitties in the first place. I could at least make them feel loved and make their lives a little easier, even if I couldn't fix their illnesses, living situation, etc.

I did rescue a new kitten after losing my furry princess at my mother's insistence. I was not ready and it turned out to be the best decision. He is heart healing. And the thought that my sweet girl gave up her place in a warm home so this baby could have a life under a roof brings me some strange sort of closure and peace. It's something she would have done.

Please don't think I'm crazy! I just think cats are very special creatures. I hope you are doing okay and send prayers that moving forward 2020 will be a great year for you.

ed sp

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom , I am so sorry.:( I was going to post exactly the same as @missy . You are forever their mom and nothing will change that!

I also cared for a feral colony at my former home. It's just heartbreaking to lose them and to sometimes be forced to make difficult decisions that are in their best interest, but still so sad. After my colony thinned, we finally moved and one of my former ferals I brought with us ran out when we got to the new home. She never returned and I truly think about it every day almost a year later and it makes me so upset. Especially when I see coyotes in my yard.:( I still have her baby as some comfort, but it's heart-wrenching. I had brought her inside almost five years prior due to health issues and she seemed so happy. I tell myself that even if her life was cut short, she had a human here who loved her, cared for her, and who will be looking for her to be reunited one day. She was a part of a family. Their life expectancy is so short outside, so any care we can give them is still a blessing.

I've never admitted this anywhere, so why not a public forum? Any time I see a dead animal in the road, I name him/her and pray to my former pets to welcome them at the pearly gates. The only thing sadder in my mind than coming across a poor animal in the road is the thought they may have never had a name, a home, someone who fed them. That is why I began looking after the kitties in the first place. I could at least make them feel loved and make their lives a little easier, even if I couldn't fix their illnesses, living situation, etc.

I did rescue a new kitten after losing my furry princess at my mother's insistence. I was not ready and it turned out to be the best decision. He is heart healing. And the thought that my sweet girl gave up her place in a warm home so this baby could have a life under a roof brings me some strange sort of closure and peace. It's something she would have done.

Please don't think I'm crazy! I just think cats are very special creatures. I hope you are doing okay and send prayers that moving forward 2020 will be a great year for you.

ed sp

Thank you Siamese Kitty! There is something very special about cats indeed. I don't think you are crazy at all, just a fellow kitty lover. I knew my hubby was the one for me when I found out he carried dry cat food in his car in case he ran across a stray cat.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Siamese Kitty! There is something very special about cats indeed. I don't think you are crazy at all, just a fellow kitty lover. I knew my hubby was the one for me when I found out he carried dry cat food in his car in case he ran across a stray cat.

Thank you.:) And that is amazing about your husband! I think I would have proposed marriage on the spot!:D Something about a man who loves animals just warms my heart.

My husband was not a cat lover at first, but a cat "respecter." I had five cats and a crazy toddler when he met me. (long, rational story on why so many cats at that time!) But it was a good way to weed the bad seeds out, haha.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your post resonates strongly with me @Siamese Kitty. I think of a feral we named Blu who we rescued and am so sad. We were doing what we thought was the best under the circumstances and we were new to TNR (2012) and taking care of ferals. He was our very first feral. Blu always showed up alone at our beach house and we fed him as often as we were there and paid someone to feed him when we weren't. It was in the early days before my dh built an automated feral feeder so we can feed them remotely.

Anyway long story short I found Blu a home on a rescue farm with horses and another barn cat and thought this was the best situation for him. It was a gut wrenching decision as it meant removing him bringing him long distance to an upstate NY farm. The farm owners kept him in an enclosed area for 2 months to acclimate him to his new surrounding but when they let him be free finally he disappeared for months though to our great relief he finally reappeared and seemed to be doing well.

He seemed to love being with one horse in particular and he became friends with Gracie the other barn cat and all was good.
But a few short years afterwards they found Blu's body and the farm owners didn't know why he died. But he was dead. :(

Anyway I am haunted by this because I wonder if we had just let him be at the Jersey Shore would he still be alive today? I was so ignorant about feral colonies and we thought Blu was alone but now knowing what I do I wonder.

Now of course we do it differently and do not relocate any of the ferals. We do TNR and feed them and provide shelters whether or not they use them I cannot be sure. But we always have a good showing for the feeding. And it makes me happy knowing we are helping the ferals as much as we can.

But I think of Blu every now and then and it hurts thinking we didn't do the best we could by him. And that maybe he would be alive still today.

RIP Blu. I hope you are at Rainbow Bridge with all our beloved furry babies who are now gone and you are free. I pray you are at peace now.

blu.PNG

blueating.PNG

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Your post resonates strongly with me @Siamese Kitty. I think of a feral we named Blu who we rescued and am so sad. We were doing what we thought was the best under the circumstances and we were new to TNR (2012) and taking care of ferals. He was our very first feral. Blu always showed up alone at our beach house and we fed him as often as we were there and paid someone to feed him when we weren't. It was in the early days before my dh built an automated feral feeder so we can feed them remotely.

Anyway long story short I found Blu a home on a rescue farm with horses and another barn cat and thought this was the best situation for him. It was a gut wrenching decision as it meant removing him bringing him long distance to an upstate NY farm. The farm owners kept him in an enclosed area for 2 months to acclimate him to his new surrounding but when they let him be free finally he disappeared for months though to our great relief he finally reappeared and seemed to be doing well.

He seemed to love being with one horse in particular and he became friends with Gracie the other barn cat and all was good.
But a few short years afterwards they found Blu's body and the farm owners didn't know why he died. But he was dead. :(

Anyway I am haunted by this because I wonder if we had just let him be at the Jersey Shore would he still be alive today? I was so ignorant about feral colonies and we thought Blu was alone but now knowing what I do I wonder.

Now of course we do it differently and do not relocate any of the ferals. We do TNR and feed them and provide shelters whether or not they use them I cannot be sure. But we always have a good showing for the feeding. And it makes me happy knowing we are helping the ferals as much as we can.

But I think of Blu every now and then and it hurts thinking we didn't do the best we could by him. And that maybe he would be alive still today.

RIP Blu. I hope you are at Rainbow Bridge with all our beloved furry babies who are now gone and you are free. I pray you are at peace now.

blu.PNG

blueating.PNG

@missy , this made me cry (in a good way). You did you best for your sweet boy. Blu knew that. And in these final moments of life on the farm, maybe it was the best time he ever had? Like Shelby from Steel Magnolia with the "30 minutes of wonderful vs a lifetime of nothing special"? I try to think like that about my baby girl. I brought my Lulu in when the doctors thought she had thyroid issues that needed monitoring. She was so happy in our small home and acclimated so well. At the time she was pregnant and I adopted out her kittens except for one, and she was like an inside cat for 4.5 years. I couldn't wait to let her loose in our bigger, newer home and thought about how happy she'd be with the extra space. But I don't think she ever loved the new home like the old one. She saw her exit while we moved a piece of furniture in and literally slipped through my hands into the night. I remember that gut-wrenching feeling knowing in my heart it was the last time I'd see her as she disappeared into the fields behind us. I replay that moment so many times in my head thinking what could I have done differently. I walked for miles that night trying to find her, but she was just gone. Ugh:( But back to your point, I had considered moving the last member of my colony with us and trying to slowly socialize him to come in. We went back to the old house for a couple of months feeding him each day and agonized over the decision. After my Lulu disappeared, it made up my mind what was best and a neighbor cares for him in his familiar place. It really is so hard. Thank you for sharing your story.

Sorry to derail the thread, too! I do find cat people and diamond people tend to be one in the same.:)

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, we haven't done anything for VD in years and years. We used to go out to dinner around the 14th (but not vday itself)..

@missy these new pieces of jewelry you have are ALLLL pieces of art, so beautiful, each piece reflects you... wow.. someday maybe you can show me all of it.. mine is pretty small, I lose most of it!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AWWW precious.. my avatar is my rescue dog Salley! we will have her 5 years this September, she came from Georgia and we got her in Maine, my dog is wonderful, my dog is one of my children and my dog means the world to me. I would be a cat woman too but my husband is very allergic, but I am a grandmom to my son's Luna, who he rescued, she's a feral, she is spectacular..

Feline AIDS I am sorry, are they able to control it today like the human version? Animals are basically the one reason why I believe in a 'god' 'higher power' any def.. they make the world wonderful.. (also my sons!).

Y’all are so nice here. Thank you for being very welcoming to a not-so-new member!
The stories we could swap about our 4 legged family members and what they have had to do to survive!
Here is a quick pic. of one of our rescue cats, Thomas ( aka Bubba) fast asleep w/o a care in the world...even though he has Feline AIDS.:confused2: C0AFA1A9-80B6-4E19-8A79-00887FE3921E.jpeg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot look at the lobsters in ANY grocery store, their little hands tied together, I think it's so cruel and they don't taste the good anyway.

I understand everyone's love of cats and dogs and all animals.. They are loyal, they love without jealousy or any dumb human trait (which I am sure I am so guilty of).. they just want to be with you.. I love animals. When I was a kid my parents didn't treat our dogs and cats well at all, and I always had a broken heart and felt anger at my mom for being so mean, she had one dog and it died and she turned cold - she loved her dog.. I swore to God that I would never mistreat and animal. ever. and I have never.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot look at the lobsters in ANY grocery store, their little hands tied together, I think it's so cruel

Yes I feel completely the same way. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, we haven't done anything for VD in years and years. We used to go out to dinner around the 14th (but not vday itself)..

@missy these new pieces of jewelry you have are ALLLL pieces of art, so beautiful, each piece reflects you... wow.. someday maybe you can show me all of it.. mine is pretty small, I lose most of it!

Thank you dear Great Kate! And yes of course. When you next visit we will get out all my bling and enjoy! And I love everything you have shared with us. All gorgeous pieces. ❤

voce

Ideal_Rock
If I see something I love I might get it for myself for VD

I usually just exchange cards with DF, not gifts, and save the gifts for his birthday in early March. But a coworker gave me her Macy's jewelry specials catalog for Valentine's day, and I like this pendant. There is a vivid red spinel I've been eyeing for a red stone to remake the pendant in WG/PLAT with, but I'm already buying a pair of emeralds for another project, with more personal significance to me...

IMG_20200205_083036.jpg

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Lykame! Here is a photo of me wearing the necklace and different ruby earrings. Let me see if I can find any other photos.

rubynecklace.png

I cannot find any photos right now of the long ruby dangles but will add later if I can or take a photo when I have the energy.

Beautiful!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My heart sank further when I saw the finished ring in the video I received, and I have given up on my Moissy heart ring, drawn a line in the sand and asked for it to be shipped to me as I have wasted enough time and efforts.

Nevermind, money well spent as I had planned to work with this vendor for more costly projects in future.

The ring may, just may, turn out better IRL. If it does not, then I shall sell it via eBay or whatever.

I shall provide a review of my experience once I have the ring in hand.

DK :roll2:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
My heart sank further when I saw the finished ring in the video I received, and I have given up on my Moissy heart ring, drawn a line in the sand and asked for it to be shipped to me as I have wasted enough time and efforts.

Nevermind, money well spent as I had planned to work with this vendor for more costly projects in future.

The ring may, just may, turn out better IRL. If it does not, then I shall sell it via eBay or whatever.

I shall provide a review of my experience once I have the ring in hand.

DK :roll2:

Oh no what a bummer

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, this discussion of rescue kitties is making me so sad. We just had to have our last rescue kitty put to sleep 2 days ago. This is the first time in our 40 year marriage that we have no cats. I guess I need to change my name. 2020 is starting off just as bad as 2019.

Oh NO!:(( Healing vibes across the miles to dear Michelle...….

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
DH and I normally just go to our favorite French restaurant for Vday and he normally comes home with flowers and chocolates. This year, I went sentimental for him (canvas with a sweet design which DH absolutely loved) and he got me a new band. Though, because I desperately needed my wedding band cleaned, and the new ring resized, my WF stone is all alone. They said about a week, so we'll see. Sorry for the gigantic pictures! The band on the left is the new one, the band on the right is my wedding band. Excuse the dry hands, cold winter in Chicago. EringAlone.jpg Bands.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Joanne. Haha and I am the opposite. I see the animals first and then I'm like oh is there bling in there? :cheeky:

So I am just talking with my dh and he thinks I should get a separate brooch for Fred and Francesca so then I could wear them both together or not but this way I can mix and match and add to the collection :( which of course I don't want to do but inevitably one has to face facts. Now who can do this for me? That's the hard part because I would like it to be their likeness.

DK made these rings to resemble a woman’s cats. I bet something like that could be made as a pin.

ABBD1DFB-58E7-4093-A02C-7B9EEC76531A.jpeg

I’ve thought about having a necklace made with a picture of my baby etched into the metal. Like this:
3492D49C-5344-49FB-9DE1-D47366ABD825.jpeg

HNGN

Shiny_Rock

rubynecklace.png

So pretty! Love it on you. Beautiful gem on a lovely woman :mrgreen2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK made these rings to resemble a woman’s cats. I bet something like that could be made as a pin.

ABBD1DFB-58E7-4093-A02C-7B9EEC76531A.jpeg

I’ve thought about having a necklace made with a picture of my baby etched into the metal. Like this:
3492D49C-5344-49FB-9DE1-D47366ABD825.jpeg

@elle_71125 thank you so much for sharing this and I am going to explore it further. I am not sure what I want to do because they are always in my heart but it would be nice to have a piece to commemorate their lives. Though it has to make sense because we have a lot of furry babies...I love your above examples, thank you!

So pretty! Love it on you. Beautiful gem on a lovely woman :mrgreen2:

Aw thank you. Very kind of you to say. <3

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
image.jpg

He gave me French macaroons in the morning, and the roses and pendant after dinner. No more jewelry for me for awhile, the washer just broke. I'll be back to look at your pretties after I clean up the water that's all over the floor. Sigh....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results