shape
carat
color
clarity

upgrade finally getting closer-setting help for hopefully the last time

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I am excited about your diamond!!! Getting a G for an H price is very nice!!!

I don''t understand single prong either!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
wow- Mrs S- I''m so happy for you.
That stone is going to be amazing.
You''ve waited too long for this. You deserve the best!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the Memoire five stone two prong band. I believe what she is referring to is that where there are two prongs between each stone, there would only be one. However, the make of this ring is such that the prong or prongs are by no means all that holds the stones in. I bet you would have to beat them out with a hammer! Memoire will always replace any stone, if needed, no questions asked. They are perfectly calibrated stones in diameter and would always be replaced with exactly the same thing. No worries there!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOOOOOOh Hooray!!! I''m so happy for you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I was thrilled when my GIA H fooled the appraiser who thought it was a G. But AGS "G" that''s SOMETHING!!!!

I saw a single prong design when I was perusing the non-pink-pear goods at DBL. They do asscher bands that way and it ALMOST looks invisibly set ... can''t WAIT to see the pix of the Memoire!!

Was thinking maybe you should have bought the whole set & swapped e-ring settings with Butterfly
31.gif
11.gif
Guess that would leave two widdle sparkly bands w/no home ...
2.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2006 2:27:46 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 6/30/2006 10:42:08 AM
Author: butterfly 17
Yes, but I don''t think it would fit my stone as the measurements would be off, unless they could change the head out.
2.gif

they can..i had already asked. you''d have to send it to michael b to do it though
1.gif

OMG, I am so happy that it turned out to be an AGS G!!!!! Congrats!!! That''s great news!

By the way, I am totally not seeing this post!!!Not seeing this, not seeing this, not seeing this, not seeing this.
I guess it couldn''t hurt to ask about the price!!!

I had already inquired with Pearlman''s about selling them my Ritani about two weeks ago, hmmm, maybe we could trade!!!!
Not seeing this, not seeing this, not seeing this, not seeing this...
2.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Butterfly, you know you''ll never have a good night''s sleep again if you don''t ask! You have a beautiful set now but I do understand wanting to change it up every now and again. This could be a great opportunity - or not. At least then you''d know!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrs S this stone sounds scrumptious, up a color grade, and AGSOOO....sounds like a winner to me!!!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you all so much. I was just looking over the stats on the stone and I can''t believe I''m finally posting mine
36.gif
. I can''t wait to see it in person, and i''ll take lots of pics for you all of course.

Here it the memoire bill was talking about:
it''s actually showcased here on PS now and this is what it says:

the new Memoire 99.9 platinum single prong ring from the Purity Collection. 5 years in the creation this ring comes with a written guarantee that if a diamond falls out it will be replaced. Most platinum has a Vickers system of hardness of 120 at 95% pure. This ring has a Vickers rating of 215 :) Really hard! We''ll have the whole line up soon. VERY BEAUTIFUL

375x375.aspx

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2006 7:11:49 PM
Date: 6/30/2006 2:27:46 PM

Date: 6/30/2006 10:42:08 AM

Yes, but I don''t think it would fit my stone as the measurements would be off, unless they could change the head out.
2.gif

they can..i had already asked. you''d have to send it to michael b to do it though
1.gif

OMG, I am so happy that it turned out to be an AGS G!!!!! Congrats!!! That''s great news!

By the way, I am totally not seeing this post!!!Not seeing this, not seeing this, not seeing this, not seeing this.

I guess it couldn''t hurt to ask about the price!!!

I had already inquired with Pearlman''s about selling them my Ritani about two weeks ago, hmmm, maybe we could trade!!!!

Not seeing this, not seeing this, not seeing this, not seeing this...
2.gif

it never hurts to at least check and see
11.gif
please keep up posted if you find out anything
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2006 4:34:28 PM
Author: Mara
yum that stone sounds fab!!
30.gif

be careful with a single prong, that doesn''t sound all that sturdy?!?! plus be sure there''s no rubbage going on!

mara, i think it''s the same system memoire uses that makes their settings fit together like a puzzle so there is no rubbing. ritani makes one too but i''ve never seen one in person which is a must for me. Bill did say it looks like a circle of floating diamonds, you just don''t really see any metal. I''ll definitely research it out if I go that direction at all. I love memoire but the heads on their settings are just plain/standard things which I don''t like. I''ll have to see what this new ring is any different or if something can be changed to make it pretty..

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2006 3:10:19 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 6/30/2006 2:38:57 PM

thanks gals...that stone is now offically MINE
36.gif
Bill also told me Memoire is coming out with a single prong setting that is gorgeous. He''ll have them in a couple of weeks but is going to email me a picture. I might have another setting to add to the mix
11.gif
CONGRATS!!!! Now I can''t wait to see the new Memoire setting. I bet it''s fabulous. Oh you lucky girl.
36.gif
36.gif
Have fun in Cincinnati, and have some Graters (SP) for me!!!!!
31.gif

i will. love my Greater''s
18.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, so I went to look at settings today. saw a whole bunch of Ritani''s including mara''s solitaire. Man, the pave ones are soooooo thin. I was hoping I''d see one, try it on and just know it was the one. I love the pave settings and they are very shimmery. But it didn''t happen
7.gif
I''m just hopeless
40.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No you are not!! I have been setting shopping for 4 years now. FOUR YEARS. And I have found-- wait for it-- ONE setting in all this time that I''ve loved. The Richard Landi. In the most unlikely place. I''ve seen a ton of beautiful settings-- don''t get me wrong... but only one where ''it'' happened. It''ll happen. Give it a little more time. You know... Richard Landi is highly regarded by GOG... and he has 1000''s of settings apparently. Why don''t you go to a dealer near you that has a book of his settings... or a nice in stock collection of them? I was really impressed with the work in person.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2006 4:34:38 PM
ok, so I went to look at settings today. saw a whole bunch of Ritani''s including mara''s solitaire. Man, the pave ones are soooooo thin. I was hoping I''d see one, try it on and just know it was the one. I love the pave settings and they are very shimmery. But it didn''t happen
7.gif
I''m just hopeless
40.gif
You''re not hopeless!!! At least you know you have an awesome stone. You''ll find the perfect setting soon. Hang in there. And if they didn''t speak to you then at least you know they weren''t the ones for you. You are making progress, whether you know it or not. Really.
2.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
AGS-O ... and a G???! OH, YAY!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Doing a Happy Dance here in PA for you!
Congratulations!

ETA: BTW, I ADORE the single prong Memoire band! Be still my HEART! And *LOVE* the warranty, too!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks kaleigh and lynn. I know I''ll find the right one, i was just hoping it would be today
3.gif
. I''m very interested in the new memoire line coming out. maybe something there will really catch my eye.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
yeah I wish Memoire would do something about the heads on their engagement rings. It looks just stuck on there.
But the new line looks beautiful!

Memoire is price-y but they are great to deal with. I originally got a 5-stone and quickly hated the spinning. My jeweler sent it back to Memoire and they converted it to an eternity ring!
I was amazed they would do that!

Anyway, I soooo happy for you getting that stone!! I have admired it on Pearlman''s website.. That is always a fun site to visit (they have that funny ring that looks like it is smiling, with diamond teeth!)

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Interesting lesson to be learned here folks. The diamond MS is getting was originally purchased by us as a AGS H color! The cert was lost and when we sent it back for a new cert it came back a G from AGS ? The point is use your eyes. Paper is just that.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrs salvo, i wish that you lived in carmel so you could go see all the fabulous settings that i saw yesterday at that store, i am sure you''d find something. i was ''in love'' with 3 or 4 of them...heheee. if you have any sort of store like that locally, go check it out!! i love the personality on those settings.

so what did you think of the ritani solitaire that i liked? kinda boring if you already had a solitaire i guess huh?!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi MrsSalvo ~
emrose.gif

YAY!
face23.gif
Doing a happy dance for you!
36.gif

How happy
face23.gif
I am that you have found a beautiful diamond!
30.gif

As far as the setting ... you will eventually find the "one" that speaks to you. I know how important it is that the setting sweep you off your feet. It will happen, I know it will.
2.gif

Take care and have a safe & happy 4th of July!!!

35.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2006 2:31:17 PM
mrs salvo, i wish that you lived in carmel so you could go see all the fabulous settings that i saw yesterday at that store, i am sure you'd find something. i was 'in love' with 3 or 4 of them...heheee.

OH! OH! What did you see?! Whatdid yousee? Whatdidyousee?!!! Huh? Huh? Huh??!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

ETA: OH! I see you DID tell us all about it! How FUN! Thanks!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/carmel-visit-bauble-yums.47457/

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I just saw this thread now and WOW, that is so exciting!!

Congrats to your mrssalvo!!! That stone will be huge on your finger and sounds amazing!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
This is SO exciting mrssalvo!!! You found a real winner with that diamond and I know the perfect setting is just right around the corner!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2006 2:31:17 PM

so what did you think of the ritani solitaire that i liked? kinda boring if you already had a solitaire i guess huh?!

I liked the ritani solitare a lot. the guy brought out a 1.5 stone and laid on top of the setting for me to get and idea for how the size would look. it was great. I really didn''t want another solitaire but have begun to wonder if it was my OEC stone that might have been part of the problem. maybe the new stone will be so much more pleasing to my eye that a solitaire might work, plus the stone is bigger which never hurts
31.gif

So, I''m going to consider it again. especially since the Ritani although gorgeous didn''t speak to me the way I wanted it to. I love the Vatche royal crown too so maybe a solitaire setting like the vatche or ritani will be enough of a difference that I will end up loving it. pair it with an eternity band and i''d be good to go.

I was also admiring bluedawgs set again today. her stone is a little bigger than mine, but she wears the same size as me.

BBtpp2.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
just for fun..preciousjewels...huge stone in the royal crown...

PJ%20with%20WF%20ering.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s stermags RC- side view

stermag2.jpg

hand shot..1.5 carat stone...

DSC_1568.JPG

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a solitaire, the RC is hard to beat! I''ve never seen one in person though I would love to. Love those prongs!

BlueDawg''s set is just gorgeous - too bad there are so many options! It''s hard to pick just one!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
mm, mm, mmm!
I am glad about the stone, it sounds perfect! (I have an AGS0 G, too, only 1.2, so you can see why I''m LOVING yours!)
And it sounds like you are narrowing the choice on settings.
I love them all.
You have GREAT taste and it is going to be smashing!
Yay!
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m happy you''re considering a solitaire again!
36.gif
You''re right that it might be the stone that was boring you before, more so than the setting. Your solitaire set looks amazing on your hand. Personally, I''d get something along the lines of Bluedawg''s set -- it is AWESOME. It''s still a solitaire but is different enough from your current set to make all of this worthwhile. I like the RC too but when I tried it on, the 3mm shank just looked a teeeensy bit too heavy on me. I asked one jeweler if Vatche could shave it down from 3mm to 2, but was told no. I asked a second jeweler the same thing, and was told yes, Vatche would do it. Go figure! But, if Vatche can indeed make the band thinner, your 1.5 would REALLY pop. At 3mm wide, maybe not so much. (then again, it''s an AGS0 so it''s gonna blaze no matter what!) So, my vote would be Bluedawg''s set, followed by the RC with 2mm shank if possible.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks gals. I was able to visit another jeweler today and tried on the Ritani single prong ring, like the memoire I posted earlier with the matching band as well as kayla''s set. both had 1.5 cz''s set in them. this time, I was able to try on kayla''s ritani with the wedding band and it really does make the center look huge and the star. the single prong set was gorgeous too and definitely a lot more blingy. my sister liked them both and thinks either would look great. she prefers kayla''s set b/c it''s more subtle and delicate. I really like them both. The side view of kayla''s set really is quite stunning. Lots of choices, not sure which direction I''m going to go.

thanks kristy for the info on the RC. i''d definitely prefer thinner than 3mm.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results