shape
carat
color
clarity

upgrade finally getting closer-setting help for hopefully the last time

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2006 11:16:14 AM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 6/28/2006 5:47:04 PM
Author: butterfly 17

If you check out pearlman''s website they have a Michael B lace set for sell that was owned previously and you can see exactly where the e-ring is and differentiate the e-ring from the two bands. of course, the style of the e-ring is completely different from the bands, but you get the idea.

By the way, that''s a sweet deal! 1.5 AGS0 diamond in the MB lace setting with two thin MB pave bands for $14K. And it''s in my size!

that''s funny you mentioned that butterfly. I''m actually puchasing the diamond in that setting, so the mounting will be for sale
31.gif
Ooo! Fuond your diamond!? How exciting! What are the specs? Please share.
9.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock

If you check out pearlman''s website they have a Michael B lace set for sell that was owned previously and you can see exactly where the e-ring is and differentiate the e-ring from the two bands. of course, the style of the e-ring is completely different from the bands, but you get the idea.

By the way, that''s a sweet deal! 1.5 AGS0 diamond in the MB lace setting with two thin MB pave bands for $14K. And it''s in my size!

that''s funny you mentioned that butterfly. I''m actually puchasing the diamond in that setting, so the mounting will be for sale
31.gif

You are???? More details PLEASE!!! That''s so exciting. Have you seen it in person yet? Do you have it in your possession now? Do tell! Any pics?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2006 11:24:40 AM
Author: Demelza

31.gif

You are???? More details PLEASE!!! That''s so exciting. Have you seen it in person yet? Do you have it in your possession now? Do tell! Any pics?

I don''t have much yet. The owner could not find the AGS cert so Bill has sent it back to AGS for a new one. We''re still waiting on that and it will be interesting to see since AGS has changed their grading what exactly comes back. I can tell you it''s a 1.52 H SI1 which is exactly what I wanted. Bill says it''s a beautiful stone and he thinks I will love it. So, once it gets back from AGS we''ll take the next steps
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmmm, H SI1. That''s my sweet spot too!
emsmilep.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, how exciting. Can''t wait to see some pics of this beauty. Sounds awesome!!!
1.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrssalvo, that''s so exciting! It sounds perfect. I love H/SI1 too.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Awfully late popping into this thread... so sorry!

I just had to say that I am sooooo excited for you! You have been so patient throughout your entire wait -- and now the wait is almost over! YAY!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I CANNOT wait to see the finished product. I *KNOW* it is going to be simply, delightfully gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

1,000,000 photos, please!

CONGRATULATIONS!

xoxoxox
Lynn

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I saw that gorgeous diamond, too. I thought that I''d end up seeing a PS person owning it, but didn''t guess it would be you! Congratulations!

And isn''t it funny that someone could lose a cert. I''ll bet the average PS person could find their cert waaaay before they could find their kids'' or pets'' immunization records
2.gif

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
MrsSalvo, I can''t wait to see the finished ring! I''m glad you found a stunning diamond and will soon have the ring you''ve been so patiently waiting for.
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2006 6:47:43 PM
Author: wallermama
Wow! I saw that gorgeous diamond, too. I thought that I''d end up seeing a PS person owning it, but didn''t guess it would be you! Congratulations!

And isn''t it funny that someone could lose a cert. I''ll bet the average PS person could find their cert waaaay before they could find their kids'' or pets'' immunization records
2.gif

I never thought I''d have a chance to own it. I actually saw it on Pearlmans site months ago and even emailed Bill about it. I liked the setting and thought it was a great deal for the whole set. Unfortutately, it can only be sized a 1/2 size or something which was not enough to fit me so I let it go. When I contacted Bill last week to start hunting for my upgrade stone that one came to mind(thanks to Missgotrocks). I asked Bill about it and he said he could take it out of the mounting and sell them seperalely. Someone is going to get a heck of the deal on the 3 rings b/c they are priced less than the lace ring retails for alone. and I totally here you on the losing the cert. i thought the same thing.

thanks kristydarling, kaleigh, wallermama, kim n, lynn and leila. I can''t believe it''s all really happening. It''s fun but a little nervewrecking at the same time
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve have eyed that set more times than I care to admit... that diamond is going to be stunning! Oh I''m so excited for you!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Triple hooray for MrsSalvo! Your patience should put you in the Guinness World Book of Diamonds!

That set just so made me think of you everytime I saw it - and that stone looked like a real beauty. I can''t wait to see the mounting you choose (I don''t seem to be much help in that area - too much to choose from!) and the finished ring on your finger.

You are so helpful to others on this board - I think everyone will truly be overjoyed for YOU to have your ring!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting Mrs. S.! And you are SOOOOO much more patient than I am! Can't wait to see it all done!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2006 10:23:20 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
How exciting Mrs. S.! And you are SOOOOO much more patient than I am! Can''t wait to see it all done!

I agree! I could learn a thing or two from you.

I can''t wait to see what you choose. I like everything you have considered so far. Personally I am hoping you get a 3 stone.

Congrats on that great stone! I was just drooling over that set today, myself.
It is a steal.

woo hoo!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, I can''t wait to see that diamond!!! I am sure you are going to love this ring.
I wish it could fit a 2 carat diamond into the e-ring as I would be really interested in this setting. I only want the e-ring though, I don''t need the bands as I have the Ritani ones already!

Bummer, it would fit me perfectly, 5 1/4 is my size!!!

You know if you really love that Daniel K split shank you can always go custom and get something similar to the LM ring with the tsavorite posted in the SMTR thread.
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for all the kind words ladies, wish hubby thought I was as patient as you all do
20.gif
2.gif
. I''ll be heading to a jewelry store this weekend to see some of the settings again in person and finally make a decision
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2006 12:44:05 AM

I wish it could fit a 2 carat diamond into the e-ring as I would be really interested in this setting. I only want the e-ring though, I don''t need the bands as I have the Ritani ones already!

Bummer, it would fit me perfectly, 5 1/4 is my size!!!
I was surprised he was willing to sell me just the stone so he might be willing to sell just the setting? It wouldn''t hurt to ask
3.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Yes, but I don''t think it would fit my stone as the measurements would be off, unless they could change the head out.
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2006 10:42:08 AM
Yes, but I don''t think it would fit my stone as the measurements would be off, unless they could change the head out.
2.gif

they can..i had already asked. you''d have to send it to michael b to do it though
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
bill just got the stats back from AGS on the stone..best part...IT"S A G...woo hoo, even better..

Stats:: AGS000 1.525 SI1 G

Depth 61%
table 55.9%
crown angle 34.6
pavilion angle 40.9
pavilion depth 43.3
girdle thin
culet pointed
7.44 x 7.47mm x 4.55mm
girdle .07 to 1.2
crown heigth 15.2

HCA: 1.5.....

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! I''m so excited for you MrsS! Can''t wait until you get that baby on you hand and show us lots of pictures!!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
A G!!! Great news! I can''t wait to hear what you pick after to go there!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome, sounds great!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GRAB IT!!!!!

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Wow, great news, it''s a G! YAY for you mrssalvo!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks gals...that stone is now offically MINE
36.gif
Bill also told me Memoire is coming out with a single prong setting that is gorgeous. He''ll have them in a couple of weeks but is going to email me a picture. I might have another setting to add to the mix
11.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my God a G and a Memoire! Be still my heart!

I knew that stone was a winner - I am thrilled for you - no matter what mounting you choose that stone is a beauty!

Congrats - good things truly do come to those that wait!!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2006 2:38:57 PM
thanks gals...that stone is now offically MINE
36.gif
Bill also told me Memoire is coming out with a single prong setting that is gorgeous. He''ll have them in a couple of weeks but is going to email me a picture. I might have another setting to add to the mix
11.gif
CONGRATS!!!! Now I can''t wait to see the new Memoire setting. I bet it''s fabulous. Oh you lucky girl.
36.gif
36.gif
Have fun in Cincinnati, and have some Graters (SP) for me!!!!!
31.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2006 2:38:57 PM
11.gif

Oh I can''t wait to see the pics!!! I am a big fan of Memoire.
What is a single prong setting, though?

I am pictuing one prong that wraps around the stone like a spring.
That can''t be right!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yum that stone sounds fab!!
30.gif

be careful with a single prong, that doesn''t sound all that sturdy?!?! plus be sure there''s no rubbage going on!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results