shape
carat
color
clarity

upgrade finally getting closer-setting help for hopefully the last time

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OHMY! That photo of bluedawg''s ring is DIAMOND **** at its finest!!!
2.gif

GORGEOUS!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I can''t wait to see pictures of this gorgeous G color stone! How exciting that it turned out to be an even better color!!! G is definitely my favorite color!

As for a setting, you sure do you have your work cut out for you making a decision. Of course, I aboslutely love the RC, but it doesn''t sound to me like you''re drawn to the solitaire look as much as you are to the all over diamond look. Could be wrong, but that''s what it sounds like. I love Bluedawg''s set, but don''t care for the heads on those Memoire sets. Why they don''t put more thought into the head is beyond me. Anyway, the Ritani head is truly beautiful and elegant. I guess the choice is between the more blingy look of a shared prong (or single prong) or the subtle sparkle of the Ritani. I will say this: I did feel sometimes like the super spakle of my shared prong set competed with my original stone (a 1.5). I do wonder whether the subtle sparkle of the Ritani might allow your center stone to really sparkle and shine. Just an observation. Either setting will be stunning!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2006 10:09:31 PM
Author: Demelza
Wow, I can't wait to see pictures of this gorgeous G color stone! How exciting that it turned out to be an even better color!!! G is definitely my favorite color!

As for a setting, you sure do you have your work cut out for you making a decision. Of course, I aboslutely love the RC, but it doesn't sound to me like you're drawn to the solitaire look as much as you are to the all over diamond look. Could be wrong, but that's what it sounds like. I love Bluedawg's set, but don't care for the heads on those Memoire sets. Why they don't put more thought into the head is beyond me. Anyway, the Ritani head is truly beautiful and elegant. I guess the choice is between the more blingy look of a shared prong (or single prong) or the subtle sparkle of the Ritani. I will say this: I did feel sometimes like the super spakle of my shared prong set competed with my original stone (a 1.5). I do wonder whether the subtle sparkle of the Ritani might allow your center stone to really sparkle and shine. Just an observation. Either setting will be stunning!

you summed up my thoughts perfectly. The shared prong is more overall blingy and the center does have some competition. I guess I have to decide if I want the complete package bling, or the center stone bling. this is where i'm completely torn and honestly just don't know. i hear ya on the memoire heads. it will be interesting to see what the new line looks like and if they did something about that. the other thing that somewhat bothers me is the side view of the shared prong bands, just don't love them, but of course from the top down...yummy. I then worry if I go with kayla's set will i have the same feelings she's been having about the bands being too thin and wishing she had more sparkle. I literally had both styles on my hands today and both are so beautiful, very different but beautiful in their own way.

i also just watched Sweet Home Alabama where Reese's character go into Tiffany's. she chooses a big ol' solitaire on a plain band and i think, dang maybe i should just do that.
41.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I hear ya! It's a dilemma for sure. I definitely agree with you on the profile of the shared prong rings -- not my favorite look. They kind of look like orthodontic mouth braces to me. But the top down view is gorgeous, so I put up with the side view. I also hear what you're saying about the lack of sparkle on the Ritani set. What do you think of something like Lynn's new set? It appears to have the best of both worlds -- a less blingy look than the shared prong (and no weird profile view), but with a bit more sparkle than the Ritani. I don't know if there's a designer that Bill carries who has a similar look. It's basically the MB princess, but with larger stones. And then, of course, there's the appeal of a solitaire. I haven't seen Sweet Home Alabama, but something tells me her stone was probably over 3 cts, no? I, of course, absolutely love solitaires and if I were to change settings, would get another (the RC or Ritani). Having had the blingy set, I realized that a solitaire with a really fine stone plopped in there is my idea of perfection. But that may not be true for you -- the trick is finding out what is your cup of tea without having to change settings a gazillion times in the process. Gosh, what a hard choice!!

When do you get the stone? Have you not seen it yet in person? Can't wait for pics!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the head on the Memoire set isn''t pretty, wonder if you can put a new head on it like Mara''s. Guess we''ll have to wait and see what it looks like. Tough decisions ahead, but listen to your gut. I think you DO want more bling, from what you''ve told me. What ever you choose, I know it will be fabu!!!
1.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I think you should just go custom, similar to Ritani, but with larger stones, etc.

Believe me, if you didn''t love anything the first time you saw it, then it''s just not the one.

No matter which way you look at it, it has to be love at first sight!
20.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Can someone post a picture of the head of the Memoire ring(s)? I don''t recall what they look like.

I remember what the MB heads look like.

I have to say that I am still SOOOOO happy with my new set. I LOVE the shimmery (but SPARKLY!) look of the .02 pave stones on the 2mm band. I love the side-view of the fishtail design, and we all know I ADORE the head. I have NO regrets... and I wish the same for you, Mrs. S!

Resetseven.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
here is a picture of lsmathis1 memoire e-ring. I am not too crazy about the head, it seems to look like it can be easily knocked off.
Her stone is 1.8 and round.
So, a larger stone would sit higher and just wouldn''t look right IMO.

I am more of a fan of heads that are built into the prongs, like the Royal crown, etc.
2.gif

The%20Ring%20025edit.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2006 9:39:29 AM
Author: Lynn B
Can someone post a picture of the head of the Memoire ring(s)? I don''t recall what they look like.

I remember what the MB heads look like.

I have to say that I am still SOOOOO happy with my new set. I LOVE the shimmery (but SPARKLY!) look of the .02 pave stones on the 2mm band. I love the side-view of the fishtail design, and we all know I ADORE the head. I have NO regrets... and I wish the same for you, Mrs. S!
Lynn, I think your set is absolutely beautiful!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OOOOHHHHH... I see what you mean about the Memoire head. Thanks for posting a picture.

Date: 7/4/2006 10:48:14 AM
Author: butterfly 17
Lynn, I think your set is absolutely beautiful!!!

Awwwww, thanks so much, Butterfly! I think so, too!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

If Mrs. S ends up HALF as happy as I am, she will be ecstatic!
1.gif

ETA: Obviously still having trouble with this QUOTE function!
20.gif
!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hey MrsS-

WOW, this thread really took off, huh? That''s great news about your stone- a "G"-YAY!! G is definitely my sweet spot too! About the setting, I really dont like the head on the Memoire either- way too high and bulky. I just love the Ritani though. Those bands will look awesome on your tiny finger!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2006 9:37:17 AM
I think you should just go custom, similar to Ritani, but with larger stones, etc.

maybe something like slammie''s ring??

On, going custom, you may very well be right. I guess I''ll cross that bridge when I get there. I''m still hoping I will find the special one. I honestly really did love the Ritani the second time a saw it, I don''t know if it was because it had the same size center as mine or b/c it was paired with the wedding band. So, it''s still in the running. I''m going to do some more looking when I get a chance. I still have a few months until I have to decide so I have a little bit of time to be 100% sure of what I want.

Thanks lynn, dani, butterfly, and kaleigh. lynn, i do really love your set too.

any other ideas or suggestions are always welcome
1.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I know this isn''t like the rings you have been discussing, but how often do the words "memoire paris" and "clearance" appear together?

Solomon Brothers Memoire Ring

80188.JPG.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sooo does this muddy the waters at all?
31.gif
Lookit that purty head!
30.gif

pretty little head.jpg

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/5/2006 2:39:08 AM
Author: Mara
Sooo does this muddy the waters at all? Lookit that purty head!
30.gif

Ooooh mara is that your friend''s custom ring from WF? It does have a bit of the Ritani head to it!

Nice!

mrssalvo come out and play!
3.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh Mara! That one from WF is pretty. What size are the melee? Mrssalvo, what do you think?

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god, mara! That has got to be my favorite RB setting I have ever ever seen!

Oh my god. Heart palpitations.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe that is actually my friend's Ritani ring (not a replica) with an ACA in it. i know mrs salvo wanted to see it though she did try it on recently and it didn't speak to her...this stone is a 1.6c so it's close to the size of mrs s's stone .... visually i just love that look. the thin band makes the diamond look huge!!

she gets it on Thursday, I am going over for a photo shoot with it. it surely looks divine in those photos!!!!!! i love that scoopy ritani head for sure!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2006 2:39:08 AM
Sooo does this muddy the waters at all?
31.gif
Lookit that purty head!
30.gif

Be still my heart
30.gif
30.gif
. Wow, the Ritani looks AMAZING with her stone. No wonder she loved it right away. The pave basket on that setting is my absolute favorite. Thank you sooooo much mara. I will be looking very forward to your pics. I bet your friend is just estatic. Seeing this pic has comfirmed that I just can't do another plain solitaire...must...have....more diamonds....
11.gif
3.gif

ETA: the second time I tried it on with the wedding band, I liked it a lot better. my sister was with me and I think she'd like it for herself but has sentimental attachment to her current set, she really wants me to get it so she can live vicariously. anyway, I definitely still have this as a possibilty.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Mara, it looks awesome. Can''t wait for more pics!!!
9.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2006 12:23:36 PM
hehe that is actually my friend''s Ritani ring (not a replica) with an ACA in it.

I was going to say, man if that is a WF replica, they hit the scoopy head thing right on the nail.

I was away on vacation for a few days and I didn''t bring my rings with me and as soon as I got home last night I tried them on again and my diamond looked big to me..
I guess that is one way to break DSS, try not wearing your diamond for a few days.
2.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
BTW I called Bill today about the Michael B set today and I have to say, he is such a nice man to speak to on the phone.
Of course he told me the full story of the rings-
6.gif
, which was pretty sad....

He gave me a price quote for just the e-ring and the price is amazing, although it would cost about another $500 to redo the head of the ring. But still, it would be less than half the current price of a new one.
The only thing I didn''t like about it is that the e-ring is really wide, I didn''t realize how wide, but it is something like (according to Bil) 3.5 or 3.8 mm. I don''t want an e-ring that wide.
And the bands are 1.6 mm wide, so thin, even thinner than the Ritanis.

Oh well, something to think about!
2.gif

lauraher

Rough_Rock
Mara,

Is that a custom Ritani setting, or is one of their stock. I looked on the website but couldn''t find it?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
laura it''s a Ritani setting..WF does not carry it...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2006 5:41:45 PM
BTW I called Bill today about the Michael B set today and I have to say, he is such a nice man to speak to on the phone.

6.gif

He gave me a price quote for just the e-ring and the price is amazing, although it would cost about another $500 to redo the head of the ring. But still, it would be less than half the current price of a new one.

The only thing I didn't like about it is that the e-ring is really wide, I didn't realize how wide, but it is something like (according to Bil) 3.5 or 3.8 mm. I don't want an e-ring that wide.

2.gif

wow, I didn't realize the lace was that wide either. It doesn't look it in the picture. I guess with the wisps you'd be looking at about 6.5 mm total width??

i hear ya one the price, someone is going to get a beautiful set for a superduper deal.

Good to know the 3 ring set can be broken up too. I'd love the two little wisps as stackables..

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmm those two wisps on either side of the ritani plain scoopy head solitaire, mmmmm mmmmmm good.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2006 5:41:45 PM
6.gif

The only thing I didn''t like about it is that the e-ring is really wide, I didn''t realize how wide, but it is something like (according to Bil) 3.5 or 3.8 mm. I don''t want an e-ring that wide.

2.gif
Butterfly-

I am curious, what is the story behind the rings? Did something bad happen?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2006 8:41:53 PM
mmm those two wisps on either side of the ritani plain scoopy head solitaire, mmmmm mmmmmm good.

hmmmmmm
27.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2006 8:46:40 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 7/5/2006 8:41:53 PM

hmmmmmm
27.gif
uh huh that would be a nice way to jazz up a ''plain solitaire'' (not like anyone could call that beautiful scallopy head plain!!)....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Lace rings... which I adore... are thick. That was another reason I was going to go with a custom ''copy''. Don''t like the head... and want 2mm max width. I''d be all over those thin wisps though.YUM!

Just popping in for updates!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results