shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
This new ebay international shipping process is wild.

The seller shipped my ring to the ebay "hub" on January 19 and it reached them on the 22. Then it sat there for a week! Finally yesterday DHL got it and sent me a bill for the import fees. And now DHL tracking says the package will arrive by February 12! Nearly a MONTH for shipping from US to Canada is completely insane! I guess I will just need to learn to savour the anticipation! :lol-2:

I'm also waiting on two little OECs I snapped up for a colored gemstone project I have in the works. They are both 0.23ct and 4mm in diameter, and both come with GIA lab reports. One is H VS2 and the other J SI2, and I'm hoping the match is close enough given how tiny they are. I expect to get them in about one million years!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, my name is SPBC and I am pathologically indecisive, resetting my diamond for the third time. Dear god I hope this is it. Back at DK.

DK 99054-QUAD-12.png

I love the basket detail and the hidden diamonds! Is that a cutout detail on the shoulder? Love that too!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, my name is SPBC and I am pathologically indecisive, resetting my diamond for the third time. Dear god I hope this is it. Back at DK.

DK 99054-QUAD-12.png

No judgement here!! What changes did you make compared to the bezel in your avatar?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been wondering what's been happening with your setting plans @sweetpea&babycorn, thanks for the update...the setting looks beautiful to me and I hope you love it. Keep us posted!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
I love the basket detail and the hidden diamonds! Is that a cutout detail on the shoulder? Love that too!!
Thank you! The hidden stones will be a diamond, emerald, garnet, and amethyst (husband's, mine, and two sons' birthstones)
The cutout was inspired by a ring I first saw on Jack Weir website but then I learned it was a SingleStone design, which i tweaked a little bit
1707342952819.png

No judgement here!! What changes did you make compared to the bezel in your avatar?
There will be a number of differences. The bezel head will be engraved instead of triple row of milgrain. Here's what the profile of my old ring looked like:
1707342987281.png

I've been wondering what's been happening with your setting plans @sweetpea&babycorn, thanks for the update...the setting looks beautiful to me and I hope you love it. Keep us posted!
Thank you!! I am really optimistic about this piece. David has been amazing to work with as usual.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! The hidden stones will be a diamond, emerald, garnet, and amethyst (husband's, mine, and two sons' birthstones)
The cutout was inspired by a ring I first saw on Jack Weir website but then I learned it was a SingleStone design, which i tweaked a little bit
1707342952819.png

There will be a number of differences. The bezel head will be engraved instead of triple row of milgrain. Here's what the profile of my old ring looked like:
1707342987281.png

Thank you!! I am really optimistic about this piece. David has been amazing to work with as usual.

I adore all of the details! I have thought often about incorporating my husband and kids' birthstones into a design as well and this is such a lovely way to do it!

I love that setting from SS and thought about using that exact shoulder detail for my original ER but ended up going another direction. How you have it now in the CADs reminds me a bit of their Alexander band (in case you wanted a real life visual).

IMG_8750.jpeg

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I adore all of the details! I have thought often about incorporating my husband and kids' birthstones into a design as well and this is such a lovely way to do it!

I love that setting from SS and thought about using that exact shoulder detail for my original ER but ended up going another direction. How you have it now in the CADs reminds me a bit of their Alexander band (in case you wanted a real life visual).

IMG_8750.jpeg

I have thought about that Alexander band in rose gold sooo many times, why did you have to post this temptation here today =)2

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
This new ebay international shipping process is wild.

The seller shipped my ring to the ebay "hub" on January 19 and it reached them on the 22. Then it sat there for a week! Finally yesterday DHL got it and sent me a bill for the import fees. And now DHL tracking says the package will arrive by February 12! Nearly a MONTH for shipping from US to Canada is completely insane! I guess I will just need to learn to savour the anticipation! :lol-2:

I'm also waiting on two little OECs I snapped up for a colored gemstone project I have in the works. They are both 0.23ct and 4mm in diameter, and both come with GIA lab reports. One is H VS2 and the other J SI2, and I'm hoping the match is close enough given how tiny they are. I expect to get them in about one million years!

Still waiting for this ring I bought on Jan 19! :lol-2:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_8750.jpeg
thank you! And this band is beautiful! I had no idea it existed... tempted to go matchy matchy, maybe would be a nice 15 year or 20 year anniversary band... (celebrating 10 year anniversary this year but obviously have spent way too much this year on the resets)

I was wondering about how you were doing! I’m loving this look!

ETA - I am also glad you’re back with DK :)
Aw, thank you! I know DK gets a lot of flack sometimes for being less than diligent in making sure he is not making identical replicas of others' work, but when it comes to original design and executing them, he is really a great vendor to work with.

@sweetpea&babycorn will you have DK match the diamond melee color wise to the center?
Yes! He said he would use K-L color, VS clarity diamonds, though the melee on the shoulders will be so small I don't think I would be able to see a huge difference. I'm not very color sensitive to begin with.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
thank you! And this band is beautiful! I had no idea it existed... tempted to go matchy matchy, maybe would be a nice 15 year or 20 year anniversary band... (celebrating 10 year anniversary this year but obviously have spent way too much this year on the resets)

I think it would be the perfect matchy but not too matchy set!!! Maybe for 11th anniversary lol. My 10th is this year too! Congrats on your 10th!!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
My piece that was projected for end of January isn’t finished yet either :cry2: Still keeping my fingers crossed that it will be done in the next week.

Um, so posting on this thread totally worked because as soon as I posted the above, I got a message saying that my project is ready!! :dance:

I should definitely have it in a few days as it’s being shipped out soon! Yay!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um, so posting on this thread totally worked because as soon as I posted the above, I got a message saying that my project is ready!! :dance:

Did you tell us what it is?? Did I miss that??

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Did you tell us what it is?? Did I miss that??

I didn’t but here it is. It’s a toi et moi pinky ring to represent my 2 kids. Their birthstones are emerald and sapphire.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn’t but here it is. It’s a toi et moi pinky ring to represent my 2 kids. Their birthstones are emerald and sapphire.

Stunning! I am losing it, I love it so much. What weight are the diamonds?

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! I am losing it, I love it so much. What weight are the diamonds?

They are .77 and .79 and 5.7mm each! I’m very excited! I should have it on Monday. I have been wanting a piece to represent my kids for some time now and have also wanted a blingy pinky ring so this crosses off 2 wishlist items in one!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are .77 and .79 and 5.7mm each! I’m very excited! I should have it on Monday. I have been wanting a piece to represent my kids for some time now and have also wanted a blingy pinky ring so this crosses off 2 wishlist items in one!

Gosh they are bigger than I was thinking! That is a wonderful pinky ring, very lux.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh they are bigger than I was thinking! That is a wonderful pinky ring, very lux.
Thank you! I have a .5 ct AVR in a pendant and I considered using that stone and buying another .5 ct AVR for the project but decided I wanted to go a bit bigger (but stay under 1 ct to avoid the price jump). I also wanted to stick with genuine old cuts. I’m happy with the way it turned out!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock

DK 99054-QUAD-12.png

I am so excited for this new direction! I think DK is awesome, so reasonably priced and delivers an EXCELLENT product. I know he will be creating my new ring when I am ready!!

And zero judgement here! I sent my BRAND NEW upgrade to Grace after 3 weeks!! So I get it. It's such a BIG investment, you have to love it, and you just don't know how you will feel about something until you receive it and wear it! I am really happy for you and hope you love this new reset!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock

It’s here and I love it!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s here and I love it! The condition is mint so I am wondering if it was hidden away somewhere for the last 100 years. It sure doesn’t look worn at all. The color of the metal is very interesting but I like it a lot. Very matte and grey, more grey than platinum. It fits perfectly! It is about 2.3mm wide. I like how it pairs with my engagement ring. I haven’t had a wedding band for like a decade so this is a lovely addition to my collection. So happy I found it and snapped it right up! Worth the 4 week shipping time!!

Now I just need to find one in yellow gold!

IMG_2004.jpeg

IMG_2005.jpeg

IMG_2006.jpeg

IMG_2025.jpeg

IMG_2008.jpeg

IMG_2010.jpeg

IMG_2011.jpeg

IMG_2012.jpeg

IMG_2014.jpeg

IMG_2020.jpeg

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
It’s here and I love it! The condition is mint so I am wondering if it was hidden away somewhere for the last 100 years. It sure doesn’t look worn at all. The color of the metal is very interesting but I like it a lot. Very matte and grey, more grey than platinum. It fits perfectly! It is about 2.3mm wide. I like how it pairs with my engagement ring. I haven’t had a wedding band for like a decade so this is a lovely addition to my collection. So happy I found it and snapped it right up! Worth the 4 week shipping time!!

IMG_2004.jpeg

IMG_2005.jpeg

IMG_2006.jpeg

IMG_2025.jpeg

IMG_2008.jpeg

IMG_2010.jpeg

IMG_2011.jpeg

IMG_2012.jpeg

IMG_2014.jpeg

IMG_2020.jpeg

Very nice, looks like it's in perfect condition!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_2004.jpeg

IMG_2005.jpeg

IMG_2006.jpeg

IMG_2025.jpeg

IMG_2008.jpeg

IMG_2010.jpeg

IMG_2011.jpeg

IMG_2012.jpeg

IMG_2014.jpeg

IMG_2020.jpeg

Wow it really is in immaculate shape! It looks great with your ER 3 stone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results