shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I’ve been waiting (and waiting some more) for my new EC engagement ring to arrive, and it’s day three already. I am truthfully tortured at waiting and looking at all the pictures and videos on my phone. My Presciousssssss. It’s funny, I’m almost 60 but inside I still feel like that little girl who couldn’t get enough of her aunt’s shiny, big wedding ring set. Almost an imprint :)

Every time I get a new piece of jewelry, I can’t help but run over here to share my excitement with you all. PS is the only place where I can talk about my latest jewelry finds without feeling like I’m showing off. It’s not about bragging, it’s just that I really love collecting these sparkly gems and I’m a bit obsessed with jewelry.

I just want to say thanks for being here. You’ve all been so patient and kind over the last 14 years, always ready to give advice or just talk. It means so much to me.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Every time I get a new piece of jewelry, I can’t help but run over here to share my excitement with you all. PS is the only place where I can talk about my latest jewelry finds without feeling like I’m showing off. It’s not about bragging, it’s just that I really love collecting these sparkly gems and I’m a bit obsessed with jewelry.

Same here. My family's eyes roll at the subject of jewelry. And other than my husband, I don't mention getting any new jewels to them. They just don't get it. But here, yes here, we are all so happy to enjoy a new bit of bling, no matter if it resides in our own jewelry boxes or someone else's.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Same here. My family's eyes roll at the subject of jewelry. And other than my husband, I don't mention getting any new jewels to them. They just don't get it. But here, yes here, we are all so happy to enjoy a new bit of bling, no matter if it resides in our own jewelry boxes or someone else's.

That eyeroll... :) I know it well.

Some of the amazing PS rings are as close as I will ever get to seeing such amazing jewels. I am so thankful I can see them here!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Officially in the few-days wait *and* two-week wait club! Both are honking, honking, *honking* dream once-in-a-lifetime antiques and I can vomit from the excitement and anxiety.

Happy birthday month to me!

Yay I’m excited!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Say a little prayer for my newest purchase that has to make it through the eBay inspection process

Crazy to me the item had to be sent to California for the inspection. Previous items I’ve purchased have been sent to California- but they always originated fairly close to California. This one came from the east coast - shipped to California, then back to the Midwest. You’re telling me they couldn’t have a setup in NY or something. Wasteful. Flies across country when I bought it 4 states away.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
It’s here! And it’s lovely! I have an old iPhone so photos are not great but DK did a great job yet again

The metal around the bezel was more than I expected and so DK added his own engraving design around the bezel and it’s beautiful. I love the gallery and the surprise stones, the brushed gold, and then open marquise shank.

IMG_9275.jpeg IMG_9276.jpeg IMG_9277.jpeg IMG_9281.jpeg IMG_9283.jpeg IMG_9278.jpeg IMG_9279.jpeg IMG_9280.jpeg IMG_9282.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s here! And it’s lovely! I have an old iPhone so photos are not great but DK did a great job yet again

The metal around the bezel was more than I expected and so DK added his own engraving design around the bezel and it’s beautiful. I love the gallery and the surprise stones, the brushed gold, and then open marquise shank.

IMG_9275.jpeg IMG_9276.jpeg IMG_9277.jpeg IMG_9281.jpeg IMG_9283.jpeg IMG_9278.jpeg IMG_9279.jpeg IMG_9280.jpeg IMG_9282.jpeg

Looks beautiful! The detail work is just exquisite! So glad you love it - enjoy every sparkle!!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Aww @sweetpea&babycorn it's lovely.. I really love the engraving on the bezel.. it's perfect! Hope you enjoy wearing it!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

I really love it! I love that engraving around the bezel! Gorgeous. You have such nice hands also.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock

It's sooooo gorgeous!! The engraving around the bezel is the perfect touch to bring all of the design elements together! This ring is so pretty from every angle. Wear it in good health!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crazy to me the item had to be sent to California for the inspection. Previous items I’ve purchased have been sent to California- but they always originated fairly close to California. This one came from the east coast - shipped to California, then back to the Midwest. You’re telling me they couldn’t have a setup in NY or something. Wasteful. Flies across country when I bought it 4 states away.

As I feared this was declined for an extremely stupid reason. They send it back without contacting me first to see if the verification “issue” would warrant voiding the purchase. They also don’t tell you why it failed.
Don’t worry, I called. The metal was platinum, not gold. So OBVIOUSLY A REASON NOT TO LET ME BUT THE STUPID THING.

god I’m fuming.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
As I feared this was declined for an extremely stupid reason. They send it back without contacting me first to see if the verification “issue” would warrant voiding the purchase. They also don’t tell you why it failed.
Don’t worry, I called. The metal was platinum, not gold. So OBVIOUSLY A REASON NOT TO LET ME BUT THE STUPID THING.

god I’m fuming.
That sucks!! Will you be able to re-buy it? Assuming seller changes listing details?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Say a little prayer for my newest purchase that has to make it through the eBay inspection process

do you have to opt in to this? i've never gone through it with jewelry before

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
No. I would opt out if that were true it’s bs.

Soo...what is next? Watch the item until the description gets changed and buy it again?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I would opt out if that were true it’s bs.

Huh I wonder why I’ve never been subjected to it. I literally just bought a gold setting a week ago and it just shipped direct from seller. Maybe anything above a certain price or containing certain elements? Interesting. Will have to keep an eye out.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

god I’m fuming.

How bizarre. And such a good example of how a business tries to save money by not having enough staff to have a human evaluate a situation like this, and reach the logical conclusion, and instead so much time and resources are wasted! But it doesn't cost ebay so who cares right??

So bizarre.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huh I wonder why I’ve never been subjected to it. I literally just bought a gold setting a week ago and it just shipped direct from seller. Maybe anything above a certain price or containing certain elements? Interesting. Will have to keep an eye out.

No it’s not prices either. I’ve paid 3k with no authentication and 500 with it. Typically it’s if they list the material in the details section. Idk. Could flip a table it’s idiotic.

silliex

Rough_Rock
I was up lurking late last night on PS, spiraling, and then subsequently had two dreams about my engagement ring. In one dream, I was told my ring would be ready next week, I was ecstatic. In the other, my diamond became too expensive after hidden taxes and fees, way past our budget.

It’s been two weeks since I dropped off my diamond and put in an order for the setting. I need it stat! The other day I was spiraling about the setting and now I’m spiraling about the diamond. I can’t go on like this LOL. :errrr:

I’m hoping my boyfriend won’t have me wait too long after the ring is complete to propose, but I could see a scenario where I’d have to wait up to 1-3 months since we will be long distance for a period of time. :wall::loopy:

Sending good vibes to everyone waiting. :pray:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Posting here for luck. Got something in production that has been taking a while. Not the vendor’s fault because there are custom cut diamonds. Please think speedy thoughts. :)

Uggghhh the good luck post did not work! I try not to be impatient but I am impatient. (In part because I want to start a new project. Wash, rinse, repeat. :lol: )

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh wow @sweetpea&babycorn, it turned out beautifully! I really love it and it looks gorgeous on your hand. I hope you're enjoying the heck out of it!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I bought and (cancelled before shipping) an old cut.

Then I found another strong fluorescent .59 E Si1 at James Allen and having it placed in their platinum bezel setting. Hoping the weight of platinum will help keep it in place on the neck. Does anyone have this pendant?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results