carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
It’s here and I love it!

what a super sweet ring and such a nice sentiment for your kids <3

It’s here and I love it! The condition is mint so I am wondering if it was hidden away somewhere for the last 100 years. It sure doesn’t look worn at all. The color of the metal is very interesting but I like it a lot. Very matte and grey, more grey than platinum. It fits perfectly! It is about 2.3mm wide. I like how it pairs with my engagement ring. I haven’t had a wedding band for like a decade so this is a lovely addition to my collection. So happy I found it and snapped it right up! Worth the 4 week shipping time!!

Now I just need to find one in yellow gold!

IMG_2004.jpeg

IMG_2005.jpeg

IMG_2006.jpeg

IMG_2025.jpeg

IMG_2008.jpeg

IMG_2010.jpeg

IMG_2011.jpeg

IMG_2012.jpeg

IMG_2014.jpeg

IMG_2020.jpeg

This is stunning! Definitely worth the wait, I hope!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I don't know that this will be done in 2 weeks, but I'm currently doing 2 rings with DKJ and I'm climbing the walls! I've wanted both these rings for a couple of years, so coming down to the last month is killing me.

I swear, I'm going to call one of these rings Stella, because I feel like Marlon Brando in A Streetcar Named Desire!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I bought a L, S12 emerald 1.7 ct stone. Two weeks.
I kind of know better with the inclusions, but I liked how it looked when moving. Plus it's a strong fluorescence stone, which is fun.
Now to figure how to set (if I like it in person).
Screenshot 2024-02-21 115529 save.png

Maybe set in this...?
Screenshot 2024-02-24 155252.png

Last edited:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I bought a L, S12 emerald 1.7 ct stone. Two weeks.
I kind of know better with the inclusions, but I liked how it looked when moving. Plus it's a strong fluorescence stone, which is fun.
Now to figure how to set (if I like it in person).
Screenshot 2024-02-21 115529 save.png

Maybe set in this...?
Screenshot 2024-02-24 155252.png

Yes, set in that!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Posting here for luck. Got something in production that has been taking a while. Not the vendor’s fault because there are custom cut diamonds. Please think speedy thoughts. :)

Speedy luck! <3

silliex

Rough_Rock
I just dropped off my Whiteflash ACA at a local jeweler yesterday for my soon to be engagement ring! They're estimating about 4 weeks for production so I'm in the 2 weeks squared club. I have spent much time agonizing over decisions and compromising on details that were pretty in pictures but were not structurally sound.

Among some of those decisions was picking the right jeweler for me and the project. I contacted 6 jewelers, visited 4 of them, and went with the one whose craftsmanship I thought was the best; they were knowledgable and wouldn't compromise the structural integrity for design, and were a small mom and pop run shop. I ended up emailing the jeweler this morning and he called me immediately before the store opened to reassure me that everything would come out perfectly. He sure is a gem; he made me laugh on the phone and feel better when he told me "No more sleepless nights, you're over thinking it. You're gonna love it more than you think you will."

It's been hard to stop worrying over every detail after I've been fantasizing over every detail for the last decade (then agonizing about getting it right over the last few months) and have complete trust in the process. I will try my best to not bother my jeweler again and put my faith in him. :halo:

Can't wait to share the ring on the forum! This is exciting! Thanks to the community for making it such a fun, welcoming, and educational space.

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just dropped off my Whiteflash ACA at a local jeweler yesterday for my soon to be engagement ring! They're estimating about 4 weeks for production so I'm in the 2 weeks squared club. I have spent much time agonizing over decisions and compromising on details that were pretty in pictures but were not structurally sound.

Among some of those decisions was picking the right jeweler for me and the project. I contacted 6 jewelers, visited 4 of them, and went with the one whose craftsmanship I thought was the best; they were knowledgable and wouldn't compromise the structural integrity for design, and were a small mom and pop run shop. I ended up emailing the jeweler this morning and he called me immediately before the store opened to reassure me that everything would come out perfectly. He sure is a gem; he made me laugh on the phone and feel better when he told me "No more sleepless nights, you're over thinking it. You're gonna love it more than you think you will."

It's been hard to stop worrying over every detail after I've been fantasizing over every detail for the last decade (then agonizing about getting it right over the last few months) and have complete trust in the process. I will try my best to not bother my jeweler again and put my faith in him. :halo:

Can't wait to share the ring on the forum! This is exciting! Thanks to the community for making it such a fun, welcoming, and educational space.

We will look as forward to seeing your ring as you are - your jeweler seems to have put you at ease a bit and that’s a good thing!!

silliex

Rough_Rock
We will look as forward to seeing your ring as you are - your jeweler seems to have put you at ease a bit and that’s a good thing!!

Learning that at the end of the day, we just gotta trust the pros! :lol: Hopefully my partner will propose soon after the ring is complete so I can share!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
I am so excited for you? Do you have the photos yet?
Also what are you planning to do with your old setting?

Thank you @maryjane04 ! Thursday came and went of course, and no pictures from DK. But I am just covering from an awful illness over the last 5 days, and so while it would’ve been great to see something to lift my spirits, I would not have had the capacity to provide any revisions and such. I plan on asking for an update tomorrow. In terms of the old setting, I sent it back to him to get some credit for the metal towards the new setting :) We used the same metal alloys, so not sure if any of the old metal is going into the new.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @maryjane04 ! Thursday came and went of course, and no pictures from DK. But I am just covering from an awful illness over the last 5 days, and so while it would’ve been great to see something to lift my spirits, I would not have had the capacity to provide any revisions and such. I plan on asking for an update tomorrow. In terms of the old setting, I sent it back to him to get some credit for the metal towards the new setting :) We used the same metal alloys, so not sure if any of the old metal is going into the new.

That's so good to know and would keep the cost of your reset down :lol: so you could reset more often hahaha no.. I hope you are happy this time.

I am sorry you are feeling under the weather.. hope you hear from DK tomorrow and have something to look forward to!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Oh no @sweetpea&babycorn hope you see pictures soon, but even more sorry to hear you have been so sick. Speedy recovery!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
DK has had my stone since 01-Feb and we finalized CADs several days before that. I emailed him this morning EST for those pictures he said he’d have by last Thursday.
So much for that 10 day quote

ETA; thank you for the well wishes. I am feeling SO much better but I’ll admit it was a little scary. A couple times I was wondering if I should see someone but glad it worked itself out of my body and I thank my hard working antibodies for keeping it away.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
DK has had my stone since 01-Feb and we finalized CADs several days before that. I emailed him this morning EST for those pictures he said he’d have by last Thursday.
So much for that 10 day quote

ETA; thank you for the well wishes. I am feeling SO much better but I’ll admit it was a little scary. A couple times I was wondering if I should see someone but glad it worked itself out of my body and I thank my hard working antibodies for keeping it away.

Oh I am so sorry to hear about your delays. Its annoying when they over promise and cannot deliver. I am going to be working with DK soon so hope he is able to deliver in the time frame, because hubby has kindly offered to travel from Aus to LA to pick my ring up, lol pending the diamond and setting etc of course.

Aww sounds like all you needed was some rest. Hope you are feeling better now and hope you hear back from DK soon.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Oh I am so sorry to hear about your delays. Its annoying when they over promise and cannot deliver. I am going to be working with DK soon so hope he is able to deliver in the time frame, because hubby has kindly offered to travel from Aus to LA to pick my ring up, lol pending the diamond and setting etc of course.

Aww sounds like all you needed was some rest. Hope you are feeling better now and hope you hear back from DK soon.

Perhaps DK is a little backed up. I have worked with them on several pieces and they have been timely in the past. There was disruption in the markets in December that might affect the ability to obtain side stones/melee or otherwise cause delays that may not be their fault. I, too, am waiting on a piece, but they have always been communicative even if they are currently running a bit behind.

Honestly, with all the competition these days, we might have become used to the quick turnarounds that took twice as long in the past. Hang in there! We will think impatient thoughts on your behalf. :)

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps DK is a little backed up. I have worked with them on several pieces and they have been timely in the past. There was disruption in the markets in December that might affect the ability to obtain side stones/melee or otherwise cause delays that may not be their fault. I, too, am waiting on a piece, but they have always been communicative even if they are currently running a bit behind.

Honestly, with all the competition these days, we might have become used to the quick turnarounds that took twice as long in the past. Hang in there! We will think impatient thoughts on your behalf. :)

So true! Don't get me wrong, I love DK. He answers my emails within a day or so, and I try really hard not to pester. I keep telling myself that it's better not to rush him, and I acknowledge that there were a lot of elements to consider with my ring.

That being said, I was up relatively late because the baby was a little restless, and DK sent me pictures! The only revision I asked him to do was to round out the roundrels a little and he will milgrain it, but otherwise I really love it! I asked him about the bezel because the milgrained portion looked tiered, but he sent me a video showing that it's basically flat. I am going out of town for a few days starting Thursday, I asked if it was possible to ship today after the changes on the roundrels to get tomorrow before I leave, but otherwise, will have to wait till next week.

1709652029734.png

1709652056183.png

1709652080385.png

1709652106652.png

1709652131357.png

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
So true! Don't get me wrong, I love DK. He answers my emails within a day or so, and I try really hard not to pester. I keep telling myself that it's better not to rush him, and I acknowledge that there were a lot of elements to consider with my ring.

That being said, I was up relatively late because the baby was a little restless, and DK sent me pictures! The only revision I asked him to do was to round out the roundrels a little and he will milgrain it, but otherwise I really love it! I asked him about the bezel because the milgrained portion looked tiered, but he sent me a video showing that it's basically flat. I am going out of town for a few days starting Thursday, I asked if it was possible to ship today after the changes on the roundrels to get tomorrow before I leave, but otherwise, will have to wait till next week.

1709652029734.png

1709652056183.png

1709652080385.png

1709652106652.png

1709652131357.png

I just LOVE that gallery with the hidden birthstones! Such a special touch!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Say a little prayer for my newest purchase that has to make it through the eBay inspection process

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Officially in the few-days wait *and* two-week wait club! Both are honking, honking, *honking* dream once-in-a-lifetime antiques and I can vomit from the excitement and anxiety.

Happy birthday month to me!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Happy birthday month to you @madelise and cannot wait to see your honker! It sounds amazing and big and delicious.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Officially in the few-days wait *and* two-week wait club! Both are honking, honking, *honking* dream once-in-a-lifetime antiques and I can vomit from the excitement and anxiety.

I can't wait to see what you're getting!!! Would you be willing to provide any teasers?!?!

At the last minute, a video David sent me made the metal around the bezel look a little too prominent. I asked him to ship anyway so I could see with my own eyes first but he suggested that given its high value, we try to fix it while he still has it. At first I was wondering why the bezel was so thick, and then he said it had to be so to accomodate the proportions of the gallery and dimensions of the stone. So it doesn't seem like he can shave off too much but instead we will go with hopefully a soft engraving to try to minimize the appearance of the metal will help.
I really hope that next week will be THE week!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

1709652029734.png

1709652056183.png

1709652080385.png

1709652106652.png

1709652131357.png

This is such a beautiful, personal creation. I love this setting and the love you put in it! Looking forward to your finger pictures soon!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Happy Birthday, indeed! Congratulations on the incoming treasures, looking forward to many, many pictures!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results