shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
@sweetpea&babycorn if you are having misgivings can you just abort and go get your ring back? Having DK reset seems like a good temporary option since it’s a solitaire and a bezel that you mentioned wanting to go back to. Sending hugs - I’m so sorry this experience has been difficult.

Thank you for giving me the courage to reach out to abort. The introvert in me was like noooo don't cause a fuss. Cough up another few k for this, but as your comment kept swirling in my head, the idea of what just hasn't been sitting well. So I called IDJ today and they took the center stone out already but haven't started on the setting, so I will be going back to get my ring. I think I'll contact DK to see if he'd be willing to recycle the setting he made into something new, or just re-reset it.

I will, thank you for the encouragement and I hope everything works out well for you. I wonder maybe if you could get your ring back and discuss things with David whether about your old setting or a new one.

I also want to say thank you for sharing your experience, it made me really think when I wasn't happy with the model for the custom setting I was working on. It was a different vendor than yours but a pricey one and I just couldn't see paying for something I wasn't sure I would want long term. I don't want to name them because I have to say they were awesome and handled the situation amazingly, it just was not a fit this time around.

I'm glad it helped you @mustangchi ! Makes it feel more worthwhile in sharing and updating. I get so easily caught up as I did in the setting that Sako was making, and trying not to be too pushy or picky, and it ended up hurting me in the end.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for giving me the courage to reach out to abort. The introvert in me was like noooo don't cause a fuss. Cough up another few k for this, but as your comment kept swirling in my head, the idea of what just hasn't been sitting well. So I called IDJ today and they took the center stone out already but haven't started on the setting, so I will be going back to get my ring. I think I'll contact DK to see if he'd be willing to recycle the setting he made into something new, or just re-reset it.

I'm glad it helped you @mustangchi ! Makes it feel more worthwhile in sharing and updating. I get so easily caught up as I did in the setting that Sako was making, and trying not to be too pushy or picky, and it ended up hurting me in the end.

Yay I’m glad you are getting it back! I also don’t like to cause a fuss and it’s hard. But I know you will feel so much better saying you’ve changed your mind rather than going through with it.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock

I totally understand, I am really introverted too and it was hard for me to reach out and say that I just didn't want to go any further. I waited until I had seen the model in person but I knew from the first pictures that it just wasn't what I expected and I would regret spending on it what it was going to cost. I didn't however have to deal with the difficult communication like you did and I am sure that made things 100X harder.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
@sweetpea&babycorn so glad you aborted the mission! I have totally been caught up like that myself.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shew - glad you are getting the diamond and ring back. Just didn't sound like a good fit for you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sweetpea&babycorn My 2c, take what works for you and leave what doesn’t…

You’ve been through a LOT with this ring recently. Sako redo, IDJ consult, Stuller mount, new stone for the Sako setting, now DKJ for a different direction… All within the span of two months…

Slow down. That’s my advice.

Slow down before you spend more on something else that might not actually work for you. It’s okay to be in limbo for another few weeks or months. It’s okay to stick the stone into a $150 temp and wear it around and see what speaks to you. I wore a temp for a year before deciding on EW’s Margot and I’ve not once rethought that choice - and I was a serial resetter before that. And it’s okay to let the Sako mount sit empty until you figure out if you do actually want to keep it or if you’ll never wear it with a gemstone and you’d rather get some money back. A prasiolite sounds like a convenient and low-cost bandaid, I doubt it will make you love that ring or feel good about wearing it.

It feels like you’re trying to force a resolution as soon as possible. Been there done that, trust me, it ends with more regret and more money wasted.

Your stone is gorgeous and deserves some dress daydream time away from all of the recent ring traumas. IMO. You know what absolutely doesn’t work for you now, that’s valuable information.

Also to keep in mind - you do take a risk every time you unset and reset your stone. A minimal risk, but a risk. And the Sako mount loses value with every stone reset too.

Last edited:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
I am so jealous I have always loved the trinity with scattered diamonds

I know how you're feeling: the Cartier trinity ring with scattered diamonds has been in my wish list since forever!
It took me much time, effort and a lot of luck to find that ring at a "cash for gold" shop: they offer authenticity guarantee, appraisal, 15 day money back guarantee and armored transport service.
I did an intensive reseach about that Cartier model before purchasing (18 kt gold weight, band width, diamond twc, logo, size and gold stamps) : it seems that, in the ring I bought, everything is compatibile with production year; the appraisal is very conservative.
The ring should be in my hands by next Tuesday : let's hope everything's ok.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so excited! I just found a vintage 18k wg Belais ring that appears to be in excellent condition IN MY SIZE??? This is basically impossible bc I am a very large ring size. But I check eBay every day for all rings posted in my size range, and today this one came up! And it was only $235USD which feels like a good price .

IMG_1911.jpeg

I have always wanted a ring like this and never thought I’d find it. Bless the big-boned woman of yore who originally ordered this ring so I can enjoy it today! :lol-2:

I hope it looks nice in person. The photos are terrible lol. And I was actually looking for a yellow gold ring to match my e-ring but oh well!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I’m so excited! I just found a vintage 18k wg Belais ring that appears to be in excellent condition IN MY SIZE??? This is basically impossible bc I am a very large ring size. But I check eBay every day for all rings posted in my size range, and today this one came up! And it was only $235USD which feels like a good price .

IMG_1911.jpeg

I have always wanted a ring like this and never thought I’d find it. Bless the big-boned woman of yore who originally ordered this ring so I can enjoy it today! :lol-2:

I hope it looks nice in person. The photos are terrible lol. And I was actually looking for a yellow gold ring to match my e-ring but oh well!

Nice love it! Is it on it's way to you?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice love it! Is it on it's way to you?

Yes! I hope it doesn’t take two weeks lol

EBay has a new international shipping program where US sellers ship it to an eBay depot in the US then eBay handles the international shipment/paperwork. So hoping it’s smooth.

The listing was very vague on measurements. Apparently the band is “about 1/8” wide”. I don’t even know how wide that is! :lol-2:

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock

EBay has a new international shipping program where US sellers ship it to an eBay depot in the US then eBay handles the international shipment/paperwork. So hoping it’s smooth.

The listing was very vague on measurements. Apparently the band is “about 1/8” wide”. I don’t even know how wide that is! :lol-2:

My handy dandy conversion app says that will probably be around 3mm. In the pictures, it doesn't look that wide, so maybe 2.5mm. "About" is pretty vague. I would love to see hand pics when you receive it!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock

Well it looks really pretty and I can't wait to see your pics, I also have a vintage band addiction and spend too much time on ebay. It looks like you made a great find!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Finger crossed! @RMOO that sounds about right. The ring size is quite large so pictures can be deceiving as the proportions are different than the typical sizes we see. I’m happy with anything in the range of 2.5 to 3mm. I didn’t want to waste too much time with questions for the seller so after a quick confirmation that there is no damage to the ring or engraving I pounced!

Will totally update with pictures. I’m much more excited about this find than I have any right to be.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Finger crossed! @RMOO that sounds about right. The ring size is quite large so pictures can be deceiving as the proportions are different than the typical sizes we see. I’m happy with anything in the range of 2.5 to 3mm. I didn’t want to waste too much time with questions for the seller so after a quick confirmation that there is no damage to the ring or engraving I pounced!

Will totally update with pictures. I’m much more excited about this find than I have any right to be.

You have every right to be excited and I am excited for you! I love seeing these vintage bands finding new loving homes and I can't wait to see pictures!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock

Did this arrive to you? Hoping it worked out really well and we can see pictures!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did this arrive to you? Hoping it worked out really well and we can see pictures!

Thanks for asking!

Apparently Ebay International shipping is done via horse drawn carriage and they are telling me I won't get it until Feb 7th??? Vendor shipped it to the ebay depot right away and now its been sitting there for like 3 days. It's comically ridiculous. But I will post when its here for sure!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for asking!

Apparently Ebay International shipping is done via horse drawn carriage and they are telling me I won't get it until Feb 7th??? Vendor shipped it to the ebay depot right away and now its been sitting there for like 3 days. It's comically ridiculous. But I will post when its here for sure!

Well I guess maybe that means it will make a great Valentine's Day treat right? Looking forward to seeing it!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for asking!

I shipped something cross country not even out of the country was in transit for 15 days

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results