shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

Expecting to get a small project next week from DKJ. Some friends who went to Hawaii bought me a silver plumeria ring and matching pendant and, while I liked them, they needed a little zhoozhing. They were a matt finish, so I had them polished and a small diamond bezel set in the center of each piece. Just a little bit of sparkle to ensure I'll wear them. :bigsmile:

Hoping my 40th anniversary ring also arrives next week and that perhaps we'll see some progress on the erstwhile sapphire and diamond cluster. I've also upgraded 2 diamonds with WF and one with BN and am hoping they might get shipped then as well.

It's also possible the platinum and diamond heart might commence. Been waiting around 7 weeks at this point with nothing to show for it, so here's hoping next week shows some significant movement on all fronts.

We'll see.

My first every project for a milestone birthday and with some great help and recommendation from the PS'ers, it's with David Klass. He was casting on 5/15, so it should be soon. I am so trying not to email him all the time for updates-lol!!

Turns out the jeweler doesn't ship out over the weekend and shipped it out on Tuesday; it is expected to arrive today! Luckily my SO is back in town so all temptation of taking an early peek has been removed. Even though I won't be seeing it with my own eyes today, it still feels like waking up on Christmas Day to have it physically present. Anxiously waiting for the delivery! I can't believe this is all happening soon! It's been a long time coming. :kiss2:

It's been two months and three weeks of waiting for a proposal and first look at both the diamond and finished engagement ring in person. The agonyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

There is chaos right now as we are currently long distance and preparing to move so timing hasn't exactly been on our side. I am hoping I'll be reunited with my boyfriend soon and that it leads to the start of an engagement, but most days I am aware of the reality that I would likely be waiting a few more months until we're all settled in.

While waiting, I muted the jeweler on social media in case there were any spoilers, but the the longer I had to wait, the more curious I became and I found myself searching for it so I block their account. I reached a point six weeks ago where I got clever and the curiosity got the best of me; I went on their website to see if they had posted pictures of our ring, they did. It's just how I'd picture it.

I've been desperately seeking and staring at photos and videos of other people's engagement rings to supplement and try to fulfill my daily sparkle needs and living vicariously through them lol.

I think I'm finally in the two week club. It's finally coming around! I'm dropping off a setting to my jeweller next week to have it set! The cluster ring that was two years in the making should be ready in two weeks eeek!

I think I'm finally in the two week club. It's finally coming around! I'm dropping off a setting to my jeweller next week to have it set! The cluster ring that was two years in the making should be ready in two weeks eeek!

Have you posted details? What will it look like?

I think I'm in the two-week club! Although I have a lovely set of rings that I've accumulated from second-hand bargains on various resale sites and from pawn shops, I ordered my first ring that is fully retail where I selected the center stone (with the wonderful help of fellow Pricescopers, of course) and the specific setting with some customizations. I got an email two days ago that it's in quality control and should be shipping out pretty much any day now! Eeeeeekkk!

(It's also by far the largest stone I'll have ever had in anything but cheap CZs, so we'll see if I can get used to that!)

I ordered an end of the alphabet radiant cut loose diamond over a month ago. I just received notification that I will finally be receiving it on Friday! I am so excited and hoping that I love it!

I ordered an end of the alphabet radiant cut loose diamond over a month ago. I just received notification that I will finally be receiving it on Friday! I am so excited and hoping that I love it!

Cant't wait to see it!

Huge and gorgeous! That diamond would make me very happy, too.

I received my diamond today! 3.18 ct WX VS1. I’m an old cut lover so this is new territory for me but I’m very happy with it! IMG_1439.jpeg

It's a gorgeous diamond! I know you just got it but do you have any ideas on how you'll set it?

It's a gorgeous diamond! I know you just got it but do you have any ideas on how you'll set it?

Yes! I actually have a plan for it! I’m going to cup it to make it look as yellow as possible and then do a halo of pink diamonds, yellow diamonds or perhaps a double halo of both. I’ll probably create a thread on it for help because I’m the most indecisive person on the planet.

Yes! I actually have a plan for it! I’m going to cup it to make it look as yellow as possible and then do a halo of pink diamonds, yellow diamonds or perhaps a double halo of both. I’ll probably create a thread on it for help because I’m the most indecisive person on the planet.

Sounds beautiful!

How does everyone stand being in the 2 week club? How do you pass the time? I’m passing it on PS, but the closer I get the harder it is.

How does everyone stand being in the 2 week club? How do you pass the time? I’m passing it on PS, but the closer I get the harder it is.

Lol you hope that someone else posts something that you can stare at for a while. A good distraction. Also find some old threads to go through and see what previous posters have discussed.

I had to post in this thread to help resist new temptations that arose while waiting.

Made an offer on this antique sword pin/pendant but now it has to go through eBay authentication, whatever that entails, so now I won’t get it for two weeks. Seems silly as the seller made very minimal claims that need authenticating (14k, natural diamonds, about 1tcw, natural pearl.)

Ugh I hate waiting. Just came here to commiserate the waiting haha.

I’m in the 2 day club!!! Can’t wait, so excited!

Did you get it yet? If so, give us a sneak peek hehe.

I'm in the one day club. Picking up my baby tomorrow lol.

Got something in the engraving/milgrain stage. Go little milgrain wheel, go!

Waaaaaaah go faster, milgrain wheel, go faster!

I have one more big reset left this year but I don’t want to start it til this one is done.

The stars aligned and this project became a reality. IMG-20240717-WA0000.jpg

Oh my gracious - that's so gorgeous! The yellow gold + the rubies + that stone = drooling here! The facet pattern is, like, the ULTIMATE in what I love the very, very most in a stone! Wow!

ETA: And the milgraining and the prong placement and the octagon and and and.....the more I look, the more I love!

The stars aligned and this project became a reality. IMG-20240717-WA0000.jpg

Wow!!!! That is crazy beautiful! I love the shape of the rubies and the faceting of the stone. Omg this is just gorgeous!!! Looking forward to the SMTB :)

I’m hoping my new purchase will be here in the next 2 weeks. Has to pass authentication which is always a toss up. However this might be a holy grail for me so fingers crossed.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP