shape
carat
color
clarity

The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline thread

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm going through this thread for the 100th time again and I read a comment I made last year (When I was only dreaming about paraiba's) along the lines of you "lucky lucky lucky ladies".... now I'm a lucky lady myself! I truly feel blessed by where I am on my gemstone journey, I feel blessed to be able to be on any gemstone journey at all... and I'm sincerely thankful we have this forum and all you guys to speak to and learn from.

Never thought I'd own a 'proper' paraiba (and I don't care I consider my 5mm one to be substantial/proper even though it's meelee size to some :razz:) so I'd given up on hoping for one. Sincere thanks again to Elle on this forum who informed me she was returning the 5mm one (I had a 4mm one initially) and was here listening as I talked/wondered/aimlessly waffled on about whether I should upgrade or not haha. So grateful to you Elle!

So question: do most paraiba's (especially from Yvonne) darken up a bit once set? By darken up I don't mean negatively, somehow the paraibas here that people have set look so much better then when she lists them unset...? :think: Almost like they look deeper in colour?

Aww...you've warmed the cockles of my cold, cold heart. I feel all warm and squishy inside now. :kiss:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_0051.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG My husband bought this paraiba for me from a gem show this weekend. I wanted an accent stone for my black opal, so I can make a pendant. I wanted a saturated peacock color to complement the opal in the second photo. The paraiba has a window, but it's untreated and eye clean. It is .19 carats. I have wanted a paraiba since I first saw one in 2000. My son's birthday is in October, so I'm glad I can have a piece of jewelry with his two birthstones. I would still like a larger paraiba for a ring also.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0051.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG My husband bought this paraiba for me from a gem show this weekend. I wanted an accent stone for my black opal, so I can make a pendant. I wanted a saturated peacock color to complement the opal in the second photo. The paraiba has a window, but it's untreated and eye clean. It is .19 carats. I have wanted a paraiba since I first saw one in 2000. My son's birthday is in October, so I'm glad I can have a piece of jewelry with his two birthstones. I would still like a larger paraiba for a ring also.

That's going to be one beautiful pendant! :love:

mahaha

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! I know what it's like to want a Paraiba.. but for me it's only been a few months!

What's the larger stone in the second picture?

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's going to be one beautiful pendant! :love:
Thank you Elle! I don't think I'll have to wait long for it. I'll post pics once it's done.
Congrats! I know what it's like to want a Paraiba.. but for me it's only been a few months!

What's the larger stone in the second picture?

Thanks Mahaha! It's a black opal.

mahaha

Shiny_Rock
Haha Elle, that's a nice find!

Maybe I'll take your suggestion from my other post and some how get my email to you.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The first Paraiba I saw was in 2000. It was 1 carat, $10,000 and looked like the flickr photo below. I did not buy it, but desperately wanted to. Do the Paraiba that look like this even exist anymore?
4363042104_902a42b2a0_z.jpg

samranmal

Rough_Rock
I have wanted a copper bearing tourmaline since I was 25 and first heard about the stone. I finally decided to pull the trigger for my 40th birthday gift and couldn't be more pleased. I feel like I have a little slice of the carribean ocean floating on my finger :)

image.jpeg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first Paraiba I saw was in 2000. It was 1 carat, $10,000 and looked like the flickr photo below. I did not buy it, but desperately wanted to. Do the Paraiba that look like this even exist anymore?

My holy grail...and I haven't been able to find any this color available other than a few that are in my cluster ring...which are only .10 carat each...and I've been looking for more true windex blue ones since. On the other hand, I don't shop the high end market so maybe they are out there?

samranmal - that is one gorgeous ring...more details and pictures please!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Something tells me that, if they are still out there, they are much more expensive than they used to be. I bet they are out of this world vivid, in person. I know I'd love to see one. :love:

Having said that, I actually prefer the turquoise colored ones. :shhh: It may not be the popular vote (because, hello, windex blue!) but turquoise is my favorite color. :kiss:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have wanted a copper bearing tourmaline since I was 25 and first heard about the stone. I finally decided to pull the trigger for my 40th birthday gift and couldn't be more pleased. I feel like I have a little slice of the carribean ocean floating on my finger :)

image.jpeg

Wowza! That is one gorgeous paraiba ring. :love:
We need stats!!! :wavey:And more pics!!! :D

samranmal

Rough_Rock
This is the best I could get this am. Sun is just coming up, so didn't have a lot of lighting options :) It is a 3.2 ct Mozambique AGL certified natural stone. I just love how it changes colors based on the lighting, and the glow is very hard to capture on my smartphone. I also bought a tiny .25 ct Brazilian Paraiba that I will eventually set with 2 small diamonds as a 3 stone band ring. I will be interested to see the differences between the two!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is the best I could get this am. Sun is just coming up, so didn't have a lot of lighting options :) It is a 3.2 ct Mozambique AGL certified natural stone. I just love how it changes colors based on the lighting, and the glow is very hard to capture on my smartphone. I also bought a tiny .25 ct Brazilian Paraiba that I will eventually set with 2 small diamonds as a 3 stone band ring. I will be interested to see the differences between the two!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
You're ring is crazy gorgeous!! Congratulations! Please post your Brazilian too!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My holy grail...and I haven't been able to find any this color available other than a few that are in my cluster ring...which are only .10 carat each...and I've been looking for more true windex blue ones since. On the other hand, I don't shop the high end market so maybe they are out there?

samranmal - that is one gorgeous ring...more details and pictures please!

I was actually thinking that I had only seen this color (other than the 2000 sighting) in your cluster ring. I love your ring, by the way!! This color is my holy grail too. Once I saw that stone, I could not unsee it.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Something tells me that, if they are still out there, they are much more expensive than they used to be. I bet they are out of this world vivid, in person. I know I'd love to see one. :love:

Having said that, I actually prefer the turquoise colored ones. :shhh: It may not be the popular vote (because, hello, windex blue!) but turquoise is my favorite color. :kiss:

They probably are twice as expensive now. While this stone is my holy grail, I also love the Paraiba with green in them. My little accent stone is almost teal. It is the perfect color complement to my black opal.

samranmal

Rough_Rock
Here is the little Brazilian, along with a pic on how I'm thinking of setting it (simple so I can stack it with bands as well), and one picture with the Mozambique and a mint green tourmaline that I bought earlier this year and just had set.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the little Brazilian, along with a pic on how I'm thinking of setting it (simple so I can stack it with bands as well), and one picture with the Mozambique and a mint green tourmaline that I bought earlier this year and just had set.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Gorgeous colouring. I like!!!
You have a beautiful collection.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
It's beautiful! Your mint tourmaline is gorgeous too.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love how glowy your paraiba is samranmal!! Flanking a stone like that with white diamonds for contrast is a great idea!!

mahaha

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Acinom. It was a no go (returned). Looking for another one now!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_2095.JPG IMG_1185.JPG Thanks for adding my band, Acinom! I also have these tourm earrings from Yvonne with paraiba accents. And, the obligatory flower shot of the band. My budget only allows for melees and I'm grateful to have them.

Last edited:

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_2095.JPG IMG_1185.JPG Thanks for adding my band, Acinom! I also have these tourm earrings from Yvonne with paraiba accents. And, the obligatory flower shot of the band. My budget only allows for melees and I'm grateful to have them.

Both are absolutely stunning!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results