shape
carat
color
clarity

The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline thread

mahaha

Shiny_Rock
Wow. Beautiful. The green in the petals are reflections?

mahaha

Shiny_Rock
Wow. That's an interesting design. Looks nice! I love the color. Where does one get a Mozambique anyways? Most of the stones I find online are "Paraibas". Any tips? Thanks!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing this one today and thought I'd add another photo to this thread. IMG_20170620_083518_385.jpg

This one makes me so happy every time I see it. I just love the design and the cuprian is so glowy. :kiss:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. That's an interesting design. Looks nice! I love the color. Where does one get a Mozambique anyways? Most of the stones I find online are "Paraibas". Any tips? Thanks!

Thanks mahaha. Most sellers will still call it 'paraiba' but they should specify the origin as Mozambique instead of the Paraiba from Brazil. :)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was wonderful in its original setting and now it's simply amazing mochiko!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one makes me so happy every time I see it. I just love the design and the cuprian is so glowy. :kiss:

elle, you have a pretty impressive collection of paraiba! Wish we could have a 'paraiba playdate' sometime, lol :D

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok get ready for it. I have a lot of pics here...

Here's the two new paraiba tourmalines that I picked up during Yvonne's sale. The round is .79ct and 5.6 or 5.7mm (the listing said two different sizes and I haven't gotten around to measuring it yet). The cushion is .81ct and 5.5mm. The round is a bit more green than the cushion. The cushion is by far my favorite. First, I'm partial to that cut and second, it seems to have more glow.

These were taken inside, during the day. There's a window behind me but no sunshine that day.
20170617_122551.jpg

This pic has my new ones next to the paraiba I picked up last year. The older one is slightly more blue but has a window.
IMG_1537.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here we are outside, in the sun.

20170619_122224.jpg

I also took a quick video. It looks fine on my phone but a tad blurry (and more green) when I watch it on YouTube. Not sure if it's just me. :wall::lol: I took the video off. I'll have to try again from my computer instead of my phone.

Last edited:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing this one today and thought I'd add another photo to this thread. IMG_20170620_083518_385.jpg
We cannot see enough pics of your ring Mochiko! I love your former setting but this one is soooo beautiful and elegant:love:. It is a great match with the gorgeous stone and your refined hands

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And here we are outside, in the sun.

20170619_122224.jpg

I also took a quick video. It looks fine on my phone but a tad blurry (and more green) when I watch it on YouTube. Not sure if it's just me. :wall::lol: I took the video off. I'll have to try again from my computer instead of my phone.

Omg speechless! Sooooooo *beautiful*!!!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow Elle you have a whole family of paraibas!!! Loving the glow of the new cushion (and all the others too of course). Any ideas on how you'll set them?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my .71ct 5.67mm round paraiba tourmaline I got from Yvonne's sale as well!

IMG_6432.JPG

So gorgeous usagi81. Any setting plans yet?

littledebbie81

Shiny_Rock
So gorgeous usagi81. Any setting plans yet?
I am considering setting it in Yvonne's larger round camellia ring with 2mm paraiba melee on the petals. Possibly in rose gold. Still need to do some research. :)

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my .71ct 5.67mm round paraiba tourmaline I got from Yvonne's sale as well!

IMG_6432.JPG

Congrats! I saw that one on her site and I thought it's one of the most nice ones she's had.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_6432.JPG
Congrats!!! It's a beauty. I like your serting plans for it.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks mahaha. Most sellers will still call it 'paraiba' but they should specify the origin as Mozambique instead of the Paraiba from Brazil. :)
one other thing, there are blues from Mozambique that are NOT cuprian at all, but can be vivid. I have one which also kept the price from being stratospheric. IMO all blues should be tested regardless of where they come from.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the 2mm paraiba melee (also from Yvonne's sale) that I plan to use with the 5.67mm round.

IMG_6490.JPG
Whaat? That's so beautiful. It will be a stunning piece. I am looking forward to admire the result. Thanks for sharing the photo's. Just keep them coming

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can I cry a little bit? All these pictures are killing me!

How can a person feel a real physical need inside, to have a certain stone in their hand??? :lol:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the 2mm paraiba melee (also from Yvonne's sale) that I plan to use with the 5.67mm round.

IMG_6490.JPG

YES!!!! I love this ring idea! :love:
I'm jealous about the 2mm melee though. I keep hesitating on buying them because they cost so much more than than the 1.7mm. :lol-2::mrgreen:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I cry a little bit? All these pictures are killing me!

How can a person feel a real physical need inside, to have a certain stone in their hand??? :lol:

Only made worse by everyone else sharing theirs..lol :lol:

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
YES!!!! I love this ring idea! :love:
I'm jealous about the 2mm melee though. I keep hesitating on buying them because they cost so much more than than the 1.7mm. :lol-2::mrgreen:

Same! I've spent days thinking about whether to get them or not lol but then keep thinking I could have more of the 1.7. I'm sure by the time I decide they'll both be gone!

Does anyone have 1.7 and 2mm paraiba melee that can do a comparison shot for us? I say paraiba because I'd like to see the comparison in that colour...somtimes the more vivid colour melee just stand out a mile. I know my 2mm hayuniye do.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YR now has its 5.67 twin up for sale?

IMG_6490.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results