shape
carat
color
clarity

The Pricescope Hall of Fame - Iconic Pricescope jewelry

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know who had the yellow diamond in the double yellow gold bezel by DBL? That gorgeous ring started a frenzy! There's been a couple in this style, as I recall. Does anyone know who had the first one?

ETA And I'm still trying to find a huge pair of OEC studs or lever backs I've seen on this forum. Anyone?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrs-blop|1430491886|3870534 said:
Sometimes the things that are iconic aren't always the biggest. Sometimes they're a confluence of styles and fashions that capture the spirit of the time of their production.

Packrat's ring brought together August Vintage Cushion cut stones, warmer tones, unplated white gold, and Singlestone's beautiful craftsmanship. And to add personal flair, she added a wonderful wedding band inscribed with words from her and her husband's favorite movie - The Princess Bride. The whole effect was individual, beautiful, and personal. We loved it!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/packrats-avc-three-stone-and-wedding-band-by-single-stone.180821/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/packrats-avc-three-stone-and-wedding-band-by-single-stone.180821/[/URL]

woo hoo! Thanks for adding my rings mrs-blop! It's so nice when others like set! :appl: :wavey:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
VR-DIBS! DIBS! I call it! I've loved Uppy's ring since the moment she got it!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Great job on this thread mrs-blop! It is eye candy overload!!! I just have to add one of my all time favorites from back in 2005. It was posted by xraydoc and it is a 4.71 carat G VS2 cushion cut diamond. The stone came from Mark Turnowski and the setting was by Harry Kotlar.

breathtaking_20cushion.jpg

breathtaking_20cushion_202.jpg

makeable

Shiny_Rock
aac2013|1431278194|3874833 said:
How about the gorgeous 7 ct. EC owned by Rubbies-R-Me. She has many iconic pieces but the EC has to be on the list.

ohmygosh that is amazing!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just happened to come across this thread and I'm honored to be a part of it!! :wavey:
Thanks so much aac2013 for posting the pics and kind words!
And makeable for the compliments.

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
How about the gorgeous 7 ct. EC owned by Rubbies-R-Me. She has many iconic pieces but the EC has to be on the list.

Excellent addition! Having tried this one, I can honestly say, it's FANTASTIC and can only to be outshined by its incredibly sweet owner. Beautiful, beautiful ring! Hall of Fame worthy, for sure. Loving all the beautiful pieces displayed in this thread.

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
mrs-blop|1430941316|3873137 said:
For an example of a sometimes contentious cut, there's the Henri Daussi, shown here in Nyc2chigal's halo'd 3 stone ring - 1ct center stone and 1.87ctw. Despite the seemingly 'far from traditional' statistics for these stones, this cut has still gained a loyal following for their gentle nature and their considerable weight-to-spread ratio!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-all-henri-daussi-owners-please-post-your-rings.189436/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-all-henri-daussi-owners-please-post-your-rings.189436/[/URL]
Love this piece too! Been thinking about resetting my fancy cushion in a new setting with big side stones and halo :wall:
image_2877.jpg 11058557_10206516706179582_6824891956036595624_n_0.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsBlob: thank you for putting so much time and effort in this thread! Much appreciated :wavey: I enjoy the photo's as much as I enjoy your beautifully written descriptions.

Ricezo: thank you for posting my sapphire ring in this thread.

Hotpozzum: thank you for posting my PS collection here.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My pleasure, Acinom. It's lovely having a complication of the very best that PriceScope has to offer, as well as the many trends it has started over the years - both large and mind-blowing, and small and ingenius, to say nothing of new and inoc=vative. Landmark pieces that define, to some extent, what Pricescope is. Anyway - I'm trying!!

I'm so glad your pieces were included - they're a perfect addition to a thread like this. :)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-blop|1431448551|3875546 said:
My pleasure, Acinom. It's lovely having a complication of the very best that PriceScope has to offer, as well as the many trends it has started over the years - both large and mind-blowing, and small and ingenius, to say nothing of new and inoc=vative. Landmark pieces that define, to some extent, what Pricescope is. Anyway - I'm trying!!

I'm so glad your pieces were included - they're a perfect addition to a thread like this. :)

MrsB...a typo? or a Freudian slip? you may have meant compilation?, but complication is a MUCH better word!
Looking at all these beautiful things fuels my addiction and makes life more complicated for sure!
But only in the nicest & blingybest way : ) LOL

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne -

I need more sleep. Seriously. :wall:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-blop|1431464264|3875703 said:
Jimmianne -

I need more sleep. Seriously. :wall:

: )
sweet dreams

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
makeable|1431348825|3875040 said:

ohmygosh that is amazing!

+100000.

What an amazing thread!! Thank you Mrs. Blop!

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
I remember when I was UCLABelle, DiDiamond had some iconic pieces....cannot find them though...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am loving the new additions! :love: Please keep them coming. :appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because Pricescope was the birthplace of the Octavia cut, this hall of fame couldn't possibly be complete without an Octavia or two... or more!

Back in the day, PS was home to (among others) people who were somewhat geeky about the details of diamond cut and optics. "Strmrdr" (Storm Rider, now KarlK) was one of the geekiest of the geeks. PS management took note of his interest, and gave him access to some tools that would allow him to further explore his diamond optics theories. He came up a new refined asscher design that was introduced and discussed in Rocky Talky - and then, unbeknownst to Strmrdr, Yorum (Diagem) actually cut a diamond using the new design! Of course the finished stone became the topic of another PS thread, and as I recall, it was even named here on PS, borrowing a PS member's on-line name. PS sponsor Good Old Gold got exclusive rights to carry the Octavia.

This tells the Octavia story: http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...y-Evolves-Internet-Due-Bold-Move#.VVv80FVViko

This gives the flavor of some of those optics etc. discussions: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/which-shape-do-you-like-the-most.94588/

And this early GOG video shows the finished product - at that time nicknamed "the volcano": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66gszg0NUi0

If I got some of the background wrong - please feel free to post corrections!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We've seen many beautiful rings set with the Octavia, but to me there are two that stand out as being most memorable and most worthy of induction into this hall of fame:

Kenny's, because it was the first Octavia purchased after the new cut was made available to the public, and because he chose a setting that really lets the stone take center stage, and because the photo Kenny took of his beautiful Octavia is itself iconic, and

Dancing Fire's, because he took the leap and commissioned a huge new Octavia to be cut just for him, and he and allowed us to watch the cutting process in a Rocky Talky thread, and then he had it set in another of those incredible settings that just lets the diamond shine.

Kenny's Octavia - more about it here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-worlds-first-octavia-ring.136357/page-3

kennys_octavia.jpg

Dancing Fire's Octavia - more about the cutting here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-rough-for-my-octavia-pics.203024/page-7 and more about the ring here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-30ct-octavia-on-a-gelin-abaci-tension-setting.210548/

df2.png

df3.jpg

df4.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRB - thank you so much for adding the Octavia photos. Definitely iconic within the PS community. :appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-blop|1432100862|3878876 said:
VRB - thank you so much for adding the Octavia photos. Definitely iconic within the PS community. :appl:

I'm hoping Kenny will add a larger version of his avatar photo to this thread... that's the iconic photo I referred to earlier.

Yoohooo - Kenny! Would you mind adding your avatar photo to this thread? Please?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1432101356|3878878 said:
I'm hoping Kenny will add a larger version of his avatar photo to this thread... that's the iconic photo I referred to earlier.

Yoohooo - Kenny! Would you mind adding your avatar photo to this thread? Please?

Okie Dokie, but you owe me a beer. :lol: :whistle:

Can I throw in one of my former generic Asscher with my SO's Octavia?
I prefer my Octavia, but also miss this Asscher on the left.
Note, the colors in both pics are not the diamonds diffracting light; they are reflections of colored stuff in the environment.

screen_shot_2015-05-19_at_5.png

fjdshkfjhd.png

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1432102579|3878887 said:

Note, the colors in both pics are not the diamonds diffracting light; they are reflections of colored stuff in the environment.
Amazing photography, Kenny, I've tried myself to take some decent pics and it is hard!

I think they capture the differences between generic asschers and the Octavia nicely - the latter seems to always have more of it reflecting light and colour at any one time than the former, making it more 'alive' :sun:

I do want one for myself ;-) but what she will say about it I'm not sure about - she's already said I can't go to Saville Row and have a custom-made suit for the wedding as it would cost more than her dress, so what she'll say to me having a diamond that is bigger and more expensive than hers... (assuming I win the lottery sometime between now and the wedding :???: :lol: lol)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OoohShiny|1432129193|3878989 said:

Amazing photography, Kenny, I've tried myself to take some decent pics and it is hard!

I think they capture the differences between generic asschers and the Octavia nicely - the latter seems to always have more of it reflecting light and colour at any one time than the former, making it more 'alive' :sun:

I do want one for myself ;-) but what she will say about it I'm not sure about - she's already said I can't go to Saville Row and have a custom-made suit for the wedding as it would cost more than her dress, so what she'll say to me having a diamond that is bigger and more expensive than hers... (assuming I win the lottery sometime between now and the wedding :???: :lol: lol)

Wait a minute.
Why should the woman get the more expensive stuff?
Rather, why should it matter which gender, or individual, gets the more expensive stuff?
IMO, within budget, each should just get what they want and be happy about what each gets.

Thanks for the compliment about the photography.
I think the main advantage I have is not only a true macro lenses on a DSLR but extension tubes and bellows that hold the lens away from the body for greater enlargement.
This fills up the whole frame, or sensor, with the diamond which uses ALL the camera's pixels (instead of later cropping in on maybe 10% of them in the middle of the frame) for eye-popping resolution
I know of only one other non-pro poster here who has that gear.

I've posted about this many times but nobody takes the bait and buys the gear. :confused:
The price is a drop in the bucket compared to the diamonds people here buy.

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1432136777|3879036 said:
OoohShiny|1432129193|3878989 said:

Wait a minute.
Why should the woman get the more expensive stuff?
Rather, why should it matter which gender, or individual, gets the more expensive stuff?
IMO, within budget, each should just get what they want and be happy about what each gets.

Thanks for the compliment about the photography.
I think the main advantage I have is not only a true macro lenses on a DSLR but extension tubes and bellows that hold the lens away from the body for greater enlargement.
This fills up the whole frame, or sensor, with the diamond which uses ALL the camera's pixels (instead of later cropping in on maybe 10% of them in the middle of the frame) for eye-popping resolution
I know of only one other non-pro poster here who has that gear.

I've posted about this many times but nobody takes the bait and buys the gear. :confused:
The price is a drop in the bucket compared to the diamonds people here buy.

Hey what am I - chopped liver? LOL........

Kroshka

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results