kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kroshka|1432137895|3879049 said:
kenny|1432136777|3879036 said:
OoohShiny|1432129193|3878989 said:
kenny|1432102579|3878887 said:
VRBeauty|1432101356|3878878 said:
I'm hoping Kenny will add a larger version of his avatar photo to this thread... that's the iconic photo I referred to earlier.

Yoohooo - Kenny! Would you mind adding your avatar photo to this thread? Please?

Okie Dokie, but you owe me a beer. :lol: :whistle:

Can I throw in one of my former generic Asscher with my SO's Octavia?
I prefer my Octavia, but also miss this Asscher on the left.
Note, the colors in both pics are not the diamonds diffracting light; they are reflections of colored stuff in the environment.
Amazing photography, Kenny, I've tried myself to take some decent pics and it is hard!

I think they capture the differences between generic asschers and the Octavia nicely - the latter seems to always have more of it reflecting light and colour at any one time than the former, making it more 'alive' :sun:

I do want one for myself ;-) but what she will say about it I'm not sure about - she's already said I can't go to Saville Row and have a custom-made suit for the wedding as it would cost more than her dress, so what she'll say to me having a diamond that is bigger and more expensive than hers... (assuming I win the lottery sometime between now and the wedding :???: :lol: lol)

Wait a minute.
Why should the woman get the more expensive stuff?
Rather, why should it matter which gender, or individual, gets the more expensive stuff?
IMO, within budget, each should just get what they want and be happy about what each gets.

Thanks for the compliment about the photography.
I think the main advantage I have is not only a true macro lenses on a DSLR but extension tubes and bellows that hold the lens away from the body for greater enlargement.
This fills up the whole frame, or sensor, with the diamond which uses ALL the camera's pixels (instead of later cropping in on maybe 10% of them in the middle of the frame) for eye-popping resolution
I know of only one other non-pro poster here who has that gear.

I've posted about this many times but nobody takes the bait and buys the gear. :confused:
The price is a drop in the bucket compared to the diamonds people here buy.

Hey what am I - chopped liver? LOL........

Kroshka

You ain't chopped liver, Kroshka.
You are chopped filet mignon, with asparagus tips simmered in shallots, all served with a fine Cabernet Sauvignon. :mrgreen:

Didn't you see this sentence above, "I know of only one other non-pro poster here who has that gear."

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
My bad, I missed that part :doh:

Kroshka

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kroshka|1432138793|3879068 said:
My bad, I missed that part :doh:

Kroshka
While I did write that it conflicts with, "I've posted about this many times but nobody takes the bait and buys the gear."

My bad.

So we're both bad. :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great CS additions Derbygal. Thanks for posting :wavey:

nzdiamondlover

Rough_Rock
I'm going to add ksmom's stunning OMC in rose gold LM setting because I think it deserves to be here. A great combination of two hot PS trends (rose gold and antique cushion) and it my personal favorite of PS. Not to mention her whole collection is amazing and I love how she mixes up her stack :appl:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-6-ct-omc-from-owd-in-rg-by-lm.176760/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-6-ct-omc-from-owd-in-rg-by-lm.176760/[/URL]

Ok I can't seem to upload a photo so would be grateful if someone else did :)

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, your colored stones are dream worthy. That's no joke. They all deserve to be in the hall of fame! :love:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1432136777|3879036 said:
OoohShiny|1432129193|3878989 said:
kenny|1432102579|3878887 said:
VRBeauty|1432101356|3878878 said:
I'm hoping Kenny will add a larger version of his avatar photo to this thread... that's the iconic photo I referred to earlier.

Yoohooo - Kenny! Would you mind adding your avatar photo to this thread? Please?

Okie Dokie, but you owe me a beer. :lol: :whistle:

Can I throw in one of my former generic Asscher with my SO's Octavia?
I prefer my Octavia, but also miss this Asscher on the left.
Note, the colors in both pics are not the diamonds diffracting light; they are reflections of colored stuff in the environment.
Amazing photography, Kenny, I've tried myself to take some decent pics and it is hard!

I think they capture the differences between generic asschers and the Octavia nicely - the latter seems to always have more of it reflecting light and colour at any one time than the former, making it more 'alive' :sun:

I do want one for myself ;-) but what she will say about it I'm not sure about - she's already said I can't go to Saville Row and have a custom-made suit for the wedding as it would cost more than her dress, so what she'll say to me having a diamond that is bigger and more expensive than hers... (assuming I win the lottery sometime between now and the wedding :???: :lol: lol)

Wait a minute.
Why should the woman get the more expensive stuff?
Rather, why should it matter which gender, or individual, gets the more expensive stuff?
IMO, within budget, each should just get what they want and be happy about what each gets.

Thanks for the compliment about the photography.
I think the main advantage I have is not only a true macro lenses on a DSLR but extension tubes and bellows that hold the lens away from the body for greater enlargement.
This fills up the whole frame, or sensor, with the diamond which uses ALL the camera's pixels (instead of later cropping in on maybe 10% of them in the middle of the frame) for eye-popping resolution
I know of only one other non-pro poster here who has that gear.

I've posted about this many times but nobody takes the bait and buys the gear. :confused:
The price is a drop in the bucket compared to the diamonds people here buy.
lol

This is true and I hear what you're saying, although in this day and age of equality, it seems that equality is only seen by some members of the female species to apply in certain situations... ;-) :lol:

Fortunately my good lady is pretty good about that sort of thing, but I need to sort my career out and substantially increase my income before I can spend what I'd need to on a big fat Octavia! :( lol

Thank you for the info on the photography - I've not got bellows but I'm sure they must be available relatively cheaply so I will have to look into them! Although with some of the latest DSLRs seemingly pushing 50mp now, we could seemingly stand on the other side of the room with a 8mm fisheye wide-angle on and still be able to crop it down to get a diamond at a decent resolution... :lol:

Rika

Rough_Rock
Wow - Thank you missy! I haven't been lurking as frequently as I was before, but came across this thread and wanted to say thank you for the compliment and I'm so happy to see all of these best of the best jewels!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

missy|1429873513|3867029 said:
This is a difficult choice because there are so many gorgeous and stunning rings on PS.
However if I had to choose just one I choose Rika's spectacular ring. :love: :love: :love:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-3-76-ct-k-color-antique-cushion-from-single-stone.194635/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-3-76-ct-k-color-antique-cushion-from-single-stone.194635/[/URL]

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
Kenny, DF, I get dibs on your Octavias!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Christina...|1429764217|3866270 said:
I've got to nominate yennyfires single stone oval. Still one of my absolute all time favorites!! :love: :love:

DITTO! Great thread!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
acebruin|1432887772|3882603 said:
Kenny, DF, I get dibs on your Octavias!

Dibs?

I didn't know I was dying. ;(

Dang! :knockout:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gemdandy|1433129854|3883531 said:
ruby_ring_1.jpg I have always loved this ring!

That is drool-worthy! Is that the one San Diego Lady bought?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1433535881|3885719 said:

Yes it is and several of us PSers have owned it, including me, but I had to send it on its way recently. It went to the next one in line waiting. What a gorgeous piece!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1433540482|3885744 said:
VRBeauty|1433535881|3885719 said:

Yes it is and several of us PSers have owned it, including me, but I had to send it on its way recently. It went to the next one in line waiting. What a gorgeous piece!

Redwood,

I can't believe you sold her. This is definetly one of my all time favorites. Is there a way to get on dibs list for this beauty? MDo you mind we asking why you let her go?

Callie

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondboy11685|1433930396|3887226 said:
Ara Ann|1433630691|3886075 said:
I fell in love with this ring when I was brand new to Pricescope...I had a champagne diamond at that time and was looking for a setting for it, still love this one!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-pink-champagne-e-ring.78974/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-pink-champagne-e-ring.78974/page-2[/URL]
Love this ring too! It helped inspire my golden champagne ering image_2880.jpg

I think the point of this thread is for people to post the 'hall of fame' pieces.. not their own favorites of their own pieces.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1433046399|3883183 said:
One of my all-time favorites, not because it's big (although that doesn't hurt) but because the setting was and still is fresh and stunning. Coatimundi's (Erica W.) OEC set in a high-polish, rich gold bezel.

oec219939393.jpg oec1232.jpg

I don't believe that ring ever got its own thread, but you can read bit more about it here:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/old-cut-lovers-please-sign-in.113724/page-15']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/old-cut-lovers-please-sign-in.113724/page-15[/URL]

To this day, Erikas diamond is my holy grail. It's no longer in this setting, but I still want to slurp it up when I see it! I loved this diamond in its original setting, the SS setting, and now the EW setting. NOM NOM.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
madelise|1433981086|3887620 said:
VRBeauty|1433046399|3883183 said:
One of my all-time favorites, not because it's big (although that doesn't hurt) but because the setting was and still is fresh and stunning. Coatimundi's (Erica W.) OEC set in a high-polish, rich gold bezel.

oec219939393.jpg oec1232.jpg

I don't believe that ring ever got its own thread, but you can read bit more about it here:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/old-cut-lovers-please-sign-in.113724/page-15']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/old-cut-lovers-please-sign-in.113724/page-15[/URL]

To this day, Erikas diamond is my holy grail. It's no longer in this setting, but I still want to slurp it up when I see it! I loved this diamond in its original setting, the SS setting, and now the EW setting. NOM NOM.

GOH the ring is no more????????

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1433981001|3887618 said:
Diamondboy11685|1433930396|3887226 said:
Ara Ann|1433630691|3886075 said:
I fell in love with this ring when I was brand new to Pricescope...I had a champagne diamond at that time and was looking for a setting for it, still love this one!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-pink-champagne-e-ring.78974/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-pink-champagne-e-ring.78974/page-2[/URL]
Love this ring too! It helped inspire my golden champagne ering image_2880.jpg

I think the point of this thread is for people to post the 'hall of fame' pieces.. not their own favorites of their own pieces.
Actually the person that started the thread said people could post their own pieces. I wasn't posting it to be praised, but in solidarity with the previous poster and just to show how that ring inspired one of my engagement rings, as it was one of the first pieces I feel in love with on price scope. Thanks for your concern though.

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
mrs-blop|1430508679|3870761 said:
VRBeauty - has your post disappeared? If it has, can you pls re-post it? I think that beautiful James Meyer ring is one of the better known rings on PS and generated a huge amount of interest - both in JM's work in general and that style in particular. I had intended to try to find it to add it, and you saved me the search!

And yes - it is completely ok to add your own jewelry; I just wish Phoenix would get on her bike now and add her gorgeous pearl and diamond drops!! :wavey: :appl: :love:
:whistle:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondboy11685|1434017477|3887752 said:
mrs-blop|1430508679|3870761 said:
VRBeauty - has your post disappeared? If it has, can you pls re-post it? I think that beautiful James Meyer ring is one of the better known rings on PS and generated a huge amount of interest - both in JM's work in general and that style in particular. I had intended to try to find it to add it, and you saved me the search!

And yes - it is completely ok to add your own jewelry; I just wish Phoenix would get on her bike now and add her gorgeous pearl and diamond drops!! :wavey: :appl: :love:
:whistle:

Hi Diamondboy :)

Just to be clear - it is totally ok to post your own pieces - so long as they are pieces that would be considered iconic within this community - pieces that were representative of trends or specific looks or particular designers. Or pieces, perhaps, that inspired many variations or similar pieces by other PS'ers. For the people who own those sorts of pieces - which tend to be well known and loved (or sometimes just controversial!) within the PS community, posting their own pieces would save me a bunch of time and searching! For pieces which are simply well loved, those tend to be posted by other people.

So stick around - and you might find your pieces posted by someone else anyway! :wavey:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
My eyes just can't get enough of these amazing beauties! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results