shape
carat
color
clarity

Photos finally here! 3.87 carat, rose cut.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness... that is one spectacular, unique ring! Congratulations!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
DiamondSparkles! Oh my, these photos are MUCh better - and the stone seems to have been reset right side up too :bigsmile: !

Congratulations on a beautiful, unique and simply gorgeous ring :bigsmile: !! I personally think its pretttttty darn cool!!

Wear in much love, great health, and tons of happiness :appl: :appl:

belgian_mussels

Shiny_Rock
WOW! :appl: :appl:

This diamond and ring are very unique. More closeup shots will be great - never seen a rose cut diamond before.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! And HUGE! Wow... Would love to see more pics and close ups of the setting too, looks very pretty! Thanks for sharing your pics!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing find!! It looks gorgeous! I, too, would love to see more pics!

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Is this, by chance, Grace, from www.jewelsbyericagrace.com ?

If so I want to give you a GREAT BIG HUG! :wavey: :appl:

I have to tell you and everyone esle here how much help Grace was to me in choosing this diamond ring. And she wasn't even the vendor for the ring! I had originaly asked Grace to find me a large OEC, but those seem to be fairly scarce these days, so I asked her if she had any rose cuts as well as sent her photos of a few rose cuts I was considering. At the time she couldn't find any large rose cuts and told me to go for the marquise.

Grace gave the two thumbs up to the marquise rose cut and really helped me make my decision to purchase it. It was a Godsend to have a professional eye helping me though this.

I can not thank you enough, Grace. You really went way above an beyond for me, and I will always remember you for that.

I am still considering taking a chance on the oval rose cut and having you set it in the Gabbie halo. :naughty: I didn't have the "nerve" to ask my husband about it last night, so maybe I will cook him an awesome gourmet meal and casually bring it up tonight....lol.

Oh, and one more thing: I haven't had it reset yet, so it is still mounted upside down, but there is something I like about it, just the way it is. I almpost think by having the facets side down it creates a lot of sparkle within the ring it wouldn't other wise have. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

Hugs,
MDS

HeartingDiamonds|1303188346|2899776 said:
DiamondSparkles! Oh my, these photos are MUCh better - and the stone seems to have been reset right side up too :bigsmile: !

Congratulations on a beautiful, unique and simply gorgeous ring :bigsmile: !! I personally think its pretttttty darn cool!!

Wear in much love, great health, and tons of happiness :appl: :appl:

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
For those of you who wanted closer photos of the ring: I took a "few" more photos so you can see the filagreee on the sides and closer up view of the diamond itself.

Hugs,
MDS

DSC_1305.JPG

DSC_1306.JPG

DSC_1320.JPG

DSC_1327.JPG

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
And a few more. Some of the "specs" on the diamond are really there and some of them may be pollen. I realized after I took the photos there was pollen from the flowers all voer the side of the ring and on the underside of the diamond....oopsie. :oops:

Hugs,
MDS

DSC_1332.JPG

DSC_1337.JPG

DSC_1303-1.JPG

DSC_1306.JPG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh wow. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous :love: :love: :love:

The detail on the setting is beautiful, and the stone is - just - ethereal. What a lovely piece MDS, it must be magnificent IRL :love:

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
I really LIKE IT!!!
I am a huge marquise fan and that setting is great!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one big momma! Congrats on your fabulous find! :appl: :appl: :appl:

san0319

Rough_Rock
yowza! gorgeous!!! :love:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE this ring! :love: Gorgeous and so unique!!

I'd love to know which online store you purchased it from! Thanks :)

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
I think it's fabulous, and I love the vintage setting. So neat. Great find, enjoy!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Just....whoa! :shock: I love unique finds. THAT is a really cool ring. Love it. I didn't even think these existed. I always just thought rose cuts came in round and oval. Just amazing. Did I say I love it? :wink2:

Congrats and enjoy that beauty!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a truly amazing, unique piece. It's like something you'd see on an Elf princess from Lord of the Rings! Very ethereal and otherworldly! I love it!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is an unbelievable stone!

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone. I purchased the ring last year (it's an old post.....) from 1st Dibs/ Nadine Krakov in Beverly Hills. I almost didn't buy it because the photos she has were really yellow---looked like an S/T or even a Q! She also had some macro lense photos which showed the needle inclusions up close and personal--YIKES! IRL they don't show at all, even when viewing the diamond at 1 inch from the eye and viewing from all sides.

I took the ring in for 2 different GIA/ AGS appraisals and it came back as an L/M and Si2. I honesty can't believe how unbelievably eye clean it is for an Si2! It also has faint blue fluorescence which might help it face up a little whiter than the L/M grading. Setting is from the 1900's-1920's and it is 18k white gold.

Although I have heard of their existence, it's the only marquise rose cut I've sever seen in person. Light leakage and all I really like it. :)

victoriouslegion

Rough_Rock
unreal!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you leave it in the original setting? I really hope so because I just think it was perfect as it was!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
:o :love:

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1332133565|3151838 said:
Did you leave it in the original setting? I really hope so because I just think it was perfect as it was!

Yep! I did leave it in the original setting. I think the original setting really makes the ring and I get a ton of compliments on it--amazingly enough even from men --who aren't PS'ers...lol. ;-) The diamond is mounted flat side up though--which I thought I would change but I like the way it looks and left it as is as it creates a fabulous interior sparkle which makes for a heck of a light show in the car on a sunny day. :twirl:

The only thing I don't like about the diamond is that--well I think this is the reason, maybe you experts would know--the blue fluorescence combined with the LM color make the diamond look greenish blue (blue + yellow = green) in certain fluorescent lighting conditions. At least I think they are fluorescent lights---like what they have in a grocery store. So anyway, a few people have asked if it was an aquamarine. :roll:

Oh and one more thing I didn't like at first but eventually got used to--diamonds are COLD! I mean in the cold days of Winter, because this diamond is so spready, it made my finger really cold and I do mean COLD! Brrrr! It was something that never crossed my mind as being a problem and it took a while to get used to. :shock:

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Magnificent!!! The best word I can find to describe it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results