shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all Henri Daussi owners! Please post your rings!

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello all!

So I have spent way to much time over the past year lurking on PS. However, I spend an equal amount of time looking at jewelry in person and fell in love with Henri Daussi rings, specifically their crazy cushion cuts ( that aren't really, technically, cushions)

HD doesn't seem to get a lot of love on PS- everyone is always talking about ASET pics, breaking down numbers into formulas and how the diamonds are "poorly cut"...but I still love them.

With that said, please post pictures of your Henri Daussi rings and tell me why you love them! My own pictures will be up shortly, I only have one fuzzy phone pic that doesn't do it justice. I am also thinking of re-setting and would love some opinions from those who like/ own HD pieces.

WHOO HOO!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think you might get 1 or 2 people respond. I don't think the DH owner post regularly. Sorry, I have seen several of their cushions and I fall in the other camp.

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi! I understand you aren't a fan- this post is meant for those who are. I have seen quite a few but they are scattered throughout many different threads, would like to get them all in one place.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
dollyanjuli|1369165213|3451318 said:
Hi! I understand you aren't a fan- this post is meant for those who are. I have seen quite a few but they are scattered throughout many different threads, would like to get them all in one place.

The owners don't post much. If you want to have them all in one place you will need to search PS and do all the updating yourself. Many of us do it that way. I keep the "M and under" thread going and if I remember I also try to update the Rose Gold thread as well.

As far as HD I think the only two I know of are Nyc2chigal's 3 stone halo and Luckyeshe's halo.

https://www.pricescope.com/blog/jewel-week-henri-daussi-three-stone-halo-diamond-ring
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-henri-daussi-engagement-ring.117270/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-henri-daussi-engagement-ring.117270/[/URL]

Goodluck.

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
Darn it Sarahbear, you beat me to it! :D
Dollyanjuli, I love my Daussi.. not because of the brand, but the designs and cuts are so well done! I understand the love :)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my HD cushion, we bought it as a RHR to commemorate the arrival of our baby boy in December. I love the creamy lemon colour of the centre stone, and the glassy, chunky look of the facets, in contrast to the glittery melee in the setting. I've only ever owned round brilliants and a pear cut diamond, and the HD is so different to anything I've ever owned, or seen locally. When it comes to stuff like this I don't get caught up in brand names, stats, measurements etc., I get what appeals to me, and it was love at first sight with this ring! Plus every time I wear it I think of our son :love: ... not difficult, seeing as he is always perched on my hip or chewing on my shoulder :rodent:

_6552.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are so pretty nyc and dandiandi!!! I absolutely LOVE the color of your stone with the halo, dandi!

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sarahbear, I will have to start a mission to collect all the ones I have lurked on...one of these nights when I can't sleep =)

In the meantime, thank you NYC and Dandi for posting! It's nice to mix it up and have something different.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I have always loved NYC and Dandi's rings! So lovely. I can't wait to see yours too!

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I only have horrible phone pics...I need to go out and take some beautiful ones like all of you have!!

My stone is truly a chameleon, even with no fluor- sometimes it looks unbelievably white, sometimes it looks like there is some warmth, and in some lights my husband thinks it looks like a straight up yellow diamonds!!!

75% of the time I think it looks perfect. Its that small bit of the time that it shows so much yellow, that the contract vs the white stones bugs the $%£@ out of me. I am currently thinking about having the white pave work around the stone replaced with fancy pink diamonds. i was originally thinking an all new setting, but pink diamonds that show color (even not in rose gold) will give just the tiny bit of contrast I crave....but I am still thinking about it.

_6576.jpg

_6577.jpg

_6578.jpg

_6579.jpg

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
also, though it is shallow- there are very rarely bowties or that kind of naked window look. I fell in love with this stone because it is so unbelievably lively. The fact that it looks ginormous for being such a low carat weight is a bonus =) I don't care about numbers, i just care that when I wear it I feel like a celeb ;-)

Also please note my darling kitty Sebastian, who loves my new ring- he keep coming up to be petted, i think because he wants to see what his mama has that is so sparkly =)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
dollyanjuli|1369245004|3451930 said:
Sarahbear, I will have to start a mission to collect all the ones I have lurked on...one of these nights when I can't sleep =)

In the meantime, thank you NYC and Dandi for posting! It's nice to mix it up and have something different.

You should totally do it!!! I love it when we have one centralized location for specific rings or diamonds. Some threads are more self sustaining like the cushion or step cut threads, but for more specialized topics someone needs to keep it going.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
dollyanjuli|1369165213|3451318 said:

My point was that I didn't think the owners posted regularly but I am glad they are coming out to share.

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I am glad too =)

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It looks almost like different diamonds, depending on the lighting. There is one shot that shows how yellow it can be- that is what I don't like =(

Have been getting quotes from a few places for Fancy Pink melee to replace the white stones in the halo. I am meeting with my local jeweler hopefully this weekend to ask 1) if its feasible 2) how he thinks it will look. I have seen a few pink halos in white gold and if the stones are saturated enough, it can provide a lovely (though not too intense) contrast. The stones are so tiny I just need to be careful...

daussihero1.jpg

daussihero2.jpg

daussihero3.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
dollyanjuli, it looks absolutely fabulous on you!!! Beautiful ring! Sorry you don't like the contrast, I hope you can change it to your liking soon... but it's look pretty darn good in the meantime, too! :love:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I do think the Henri Daussi settings are really nice. I had one in my inspirational folder for a long time.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GemFever|1369337331|3452605 said:
dollyanjuli, it looks absolutely fabulous on you!!! Beautiful ring! Sorry you don't like the contrast, I hope you can change it to your liking soon... but it's look pretty darn good in the meantime, too! :love:
Good gracious I LOVE that stone. I am loving the color. I think its stunning. I think you might just not be feeling the color because its being compared to that bright melee. I'd probably just set it in a yummy three stone and 8) at that beautiful baby all day!

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Niel you are totally, 100% correct. It's the contrast between the melee. I love the stone so much. I also really, really love the setting- which is why I am contemplating just replaceing the melee on the halo with pink...

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings, ladies! I've always liked the looks of these Daussi cushions.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dollyanjuli|1369340611|3452635 said:
Niel you are totally, 100% correct. It's the contrast between the melee. I love the stone so much. I also really, really love the setting- which is why I am contemplating just replaceing the melee on the halo with pink...

GREAT idea. Or yellow?

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Niel|1369344907|3452669 said:
dollyanjuli|1369340611|3452635 said:

GREAT idea. Or yellow?

I have another thread discussing my reset, come join the party and give your opinions =)

Meanwhile, I am going to try and get more Daussi's up on this thread tonight!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is stunning Dolly!!! What are the specs??? It looks huge!

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you 04diamond! The center stone is a J VS2- but because Daussi is EGL USA, I am planning on sending it out. Clarity looks fairly accurate, I can't see a thing exen at 10x- but the color seems fishy. I know cushions hold color more than well cut rounds, but this also literally seems like color change sometimes! As I type right now i am sitting in low natural light, and even against the super white halo it looks almost colorless. Then it's yellow!

Size- it's only a 1.7, but like all HD rings it is just cut HUGE- it's the size of most 2.5 stones! And of course the halo helps =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results