shape
carat
color
clarity

my 7-stone emerald cut blue sapphire ring

slksapphire

Shiny_Rock
as some of you know, i purchased a 5.42ct unheated ceylon sapphire a few months ago at the gem fair in hong kong with the expert assistance of richard hughes (thanks again to pandora for the brilliant referral). finding the stone was quite challenging but having it set was another project onto itself!

i settled on a 7-stone setting hand forged in platinum. there are 3 step-cut baguettes on each side of the sapphire @ 6, 5 and 4 X 2.5 mm, E VS+. i was able to view the stone every week and provide input and make changes (of which there were quite a few!)

alas, my photography skills have not improved over the past several months so here are a few photos from my iphone taken indoors in natural light until the glamour shots are taken in a few weeks. i'll post those to smtb ... enjoy.

photo-5.JPG

photo-4.JPG

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
That looks unreal! Very very nice! :lickout:

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Thats quite a sapphire! Congrats!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing, especially if these are your unpractised pictures. :love: The setting is elegant and uncluttered. The sapphire is to die for. Now, where is my drool bucket?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning ring - the proportions are so perfect and it looks wonderful on your hand!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is seriously one of the most beautiful, regal and elegant rings, and the sapphire is just lush beyond words. When I opened this thread, I literally gasped, and I thought of the famous Rockefeller sapphire ring too (one of my all time favorite rings). I adore the geometric design and the Art Deco inspired look. I am sitting here dying of jealousy, but so happy that you found something so beautiful and you can share it with us. More pictures please. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly! That's gorgeous! So classic, elegant and BLUE.

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Fit for royalty, seriously! It's gorgeous and has amazing presence.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW!!!!!!! That is seriously one of the most beautiful sapphire rings I have ever seen :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Love love love the setting that you choose for it, it's PERFECT :love: :love: :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Holy crapola!!! That's amazing. Of course now I'm greedy and want more pictures.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:love: Classic.

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for sharing pics of your truly spectacular ring. Definitely one of the most elegant settings I've seen here - and that stone!!!!!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
sooooo nice!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I opened this thread & shouted, "HOLY MACKERAL!" Beautiful beautiful beautiful sapphire & the setting shows it off perfectly. Elegant & simple & classic -- that's an heirloom. (How about leaving it to ME??) More pics please!

--- Laurie

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely fantastic ring. The color, the cut, the setting... a dream ring! I read your thread about looking for a jeweler - if you do not mind my question, did you find him in Hong Kong or her, in the US?

My laptop monitor does not show colors well, and I do not adjust it, intentionally. If the color looks good on my screen, it means it is very good. Your stone looks screamingly good on my monitor, I can just imagine how incredible it is in real life!

Happy for you (and a little bit jealous...)

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
What a stunning and elegant ring!! It turned out spectacularly! :appl: :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
holy cow! That's amazing! What a beautiful sapphire and the setting is just so classic, timeless and elegant. It looks perfect for you hand. You chose very well on this project, silksapphire! Very well indeed! Its just a perfect ring - congratulations on your excellent taste!

SomethingSinful

Shiny_Rock
Q

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
:appl:
It's so pretty!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning, amazing, beautiful, gorgeous :love: :love: It's hard to find the exact words to describe it. You have done an excellent job on setting the sapphire and it looks fabulous on you!

MORE pictures please!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Agree with everything TL mentioned.
If I have that ring I'd happily trade in my rights to buy future gemstones.
Wonderful ring and sapphire.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That makes me want to sell everything I own so I can buy one really beautiful sapphire just like that. As you know, cuz I feel like I've said it 100 times, that is my all time favorite sapphire. Period. The. End. That setting just makes it look that much more spectacular. Unbelievable.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG that is one the prettiest rings I've ever seen. Stunning! :love:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
What everyone else has said and more......absolutely spectacular......PERFECT!

slksapphire

Shiny_Rock
everyone,

thank you so much for your kind thoughts. i really could not have created this ring without the valuable input i received on PS on both the sapphire and the setting. i've certainly posted my fair share of "less than ideal" sapphires. this was my first gemstone purchase as well as my first custom ring project, and although frustrating at times, i really enjoyed the process of learning about both.

i can't wait for my next project, though i think it will be quite some time before i am ready to pull the trigger again. but i now lurk here regularly to learn about all of the other amazing colored gemstones created by mother earth and the variety of jewelry projects.

i am hoping to have the ring photographed by a professional gem photographer in the coming weeks; will post when i have those photos.

arkteia, i ultimately went with a jeweller (a she!) here in hong kong recommended by richard hughes. she was fantastic to work with and shared my vision for the setting from the very beginning. her benchman was also local so making changes weekly wasn't too challenging logistically (we even scrapped the ring in its entirety once). i would be hesitant to do a custom job differently now, as i've figured out that i am not very good at visualizing a 3-D product based solely on a drawing; i need to touch, feel and make changes.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
I can't find more words than those already expressed above - it's stunning!!! :love: Congratulations on a beautiful sapphire and a gorgeous ring - wear it in health and with pleasure.

(TL welcome back, I missed you)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just came back to gawk some more. Have you noticed yet that sometimes when you're talking, people aren't looking at you, but your ring? Or have you been honked at in traffic because the light turned green and you hadn't noticed? I probably asked you that already, its just that it is surreal how it appears lit from within.

Does your ring ever visit the SF Bay Area? :bigsmile:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
HOT DOG!

Now thats a sapphire!! :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1336789291|3193573 said:
Does your ring ever visit the SF Bay Area? :bigsmile:

It is also very welcome to visit the North East side of the country too. :tongue:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exquisite in every way! :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results