clarity

my 7-stone emerald cut blue sapphire ring

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm speechless. Absolutely stunning!!!

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
that is a dream ring! Spectacular!! How did you get to have Richard Hughes to help you? amazing! more pics are needed. Love the desugn! :lickout:

slksapphire

Shiny_Rock
minous, i haven't had issues with others staring at my ring but as for myself, guilty as charged!!!!

as for contacting richard, i wish i had a more interesting story but pandora suggested i reach out to him as he lives in hong kong. so i sent him a "cold call" email through his website -- literally, "hello, richard, i heard your name on a gem website ... am looking for a sapphire ... etc ". and guess what? he wrote me back almost immediately (he was in tucson at the time), we got together at the gem show here, and here we are now. oh, and then i emailed chris smith at agl (who also wrote back promptly). richard and i met up with him at the gem show, too, and he turned around a preliminary certificate (of origin and no heat) in less than 24 hours!!!!

this experience has been most amazing for the people i've met on my journey, especially dick, his wife, wimon, and my jeweler, anne carroll marshall (also recommended by dick).

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Wow, just wow. That sapphire is stunning!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I was searching for emerald cut coloured stone and I had to bump up this thread again so others new to Pricescope can see it. My all time favourite sapphire ring on PS.

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
One of the most beautiful sapphires I have ever seen! Congratulations.

~Justin

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1342334575|3234196 said:
My all time favourite sapphire ring on PS.

Mine as well - thanks for the excuse to ogle it some more! With Ceylons like that, who needs Kashmir?!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I never saw this and wish you would post it in Show Me the Bling!!! So many more people would see it there! I saw your avatar picture on another thread and had to look for your thread about the ring! This is one of the most outstanding colored stone rings I have ever seen, and sapphires happen to be my favorite! :love: Seriously, it is an extraordinary ring! :appl: :appl: :appl:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, please re-post in show me the bling! This ring is one of my favorites too, and it definitely deserves to be seen by the broader audience!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1391132160|3604647 said:
Okay, I never saw this and wish you would post it in Show Me the Bling!!! So many more people would see it there! I saw your avatar picture on another thread and had to look for your thread about the ring! This is one of the most outstanding colored stone rings I have ever seen, and sapphires happen to be my favorite! :love: Seriously, it is an extraordinary ring! :appl: :appl: :appl:
I tend to not post new items in SMTB, because colored stoners tend to stay around here, and diamond lovers don't seem to share the same admiration for the colored side of bling that we do over here. I have found that typically colored stone items get shoved down to the second page and lost very quickly with all of the diamond jewelry posted to SMTB every day. CS moves a bit slower (it used to move a LOT slower!) so things stick around for a few days.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can think is, BLUE BLUE BLUE.

And also that it looks unreal, but that is a compliment in disguise, because I cannot see any flaws.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I think we're not allowed to double post. I just posted a ring over in SMTB instead of here, and I agree that CSs get lost. I was a diamond though (colored diamond halo), but I think most of RT likes large modern, or vintage diamonds.

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
GORGEOUS! So elegant!!! :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Congrats on the finished product. Looks great!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1391212394|3605403 said:
I think we're not allowed to double post. I just posted a ring over in SMTB instead of here, and I agree that CSs get lost. I was a diamond though (colored diamond halo), but I think most of RT likes large modern, or vintage diamonds.
Yup. Agreed. We're not allowed to double post, so as long as the thread stays on the first page over here, CSers might go over to SMTB, but....diamond people usually don't care about colored stones. So it kind of sucks to post over there, when they are so unappreciated.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe it is worth posting in SMTB and link it to a thread in CS though, for those who are interested in diamonds as well as CS, myself included.

Lovely sapphire and ring, thanks for sharing! :love:

DK :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still my favorite sapphire and ring ever. Kind of embarrassing when I have almost as many posts on your thread as you do, ss! :oops:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1391280561|3605829 said:
Yup. Agreed. We're not allowed to double post, so as long as the thread stays on the first page over here, CSers might go over to SMTB, but....diamond people usually don't care about colored stones. So it kind of sucks to post over there, when they are so unappreciated.

Completely my bad - I had no idea & definitely would have supported a ss double-post :)

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1391282000|3605845 said:
I believe it is worth posting in SMTB and link it to a thread in CS though, for those who are interested in diamonds as well as CS, myself included.

Lovely sapphire and ring, thanks for sharing! :love:

DK :))
I've seen threads in SMTB pointing people to a CS thread.
I'd just like to see more pics of this ring. I've loved it for a while now. :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad this thread is bumped up because I never tire of seeing such a gorgeous ring. :love:

slksapphire

Shiny_Rock
aw, shucks, DS and others ... thanks. i posted in colored stones originally to thank everyone on the forum who helped me find my stone. i still can't get over the time and patience of so many who helped me learn about sapphires (from literally square 1) and i try to return the favor when i can (specifically with regard to blue sapphires, as i know so little about everything else!)

anyways, since you asked, i'll post a link over in SMTB in case anyone else is interested.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
It's pure pleasure to see that ring again. Let's keep bumping the thread up forever!

--- Laurie

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I missed this thread originally and am so glad it got bumped. That is a sapphire whose color I want to see in person!!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
slksapphire|1336754466|3193094 said:
everyone,

thank you so much for your kind thoughts. i really could not have created this ring without the valuable input i received on PS on both the sapphire and the setting. i've certainly posted my fair share of "less than ideal" sapphires. this was my first gemstone purchase as well as my first custom ring project, and although frustrating at times, i really enjoyed the process of learning about both.

i can't wait for my next project, though i think it will be quite some time before i am ready to pull the trigger again. but i now lurk here regularly to learn about all of the other amazing colored gemstones created by mother earth and the variety of jewelry projects.

i am hoping to have the ring photographed by a professional gem photographer in the coming weeks; will post when i have those photos.

arkteia, i ultimately went with a jeweller (a she!) here in hong kong recommended by richard hughes. she was fantastic to work with and shared my vision for the setting from the very beginning. her benchman was also local so making changes weekly wasn't too challenging logistically (we even scrapped the ring in its entirety once). i would be hesitant to do a custom job differently now, as i've figured out that i am not very good at visualizing a 3-D product based solely on a drawing; i need to touch, feel and make changes.

What an amazing ring! And how nice to find another PSer in Hong Kong. :)

If you don't mind, could you share your local jeweller's information? I haven't found a great one in HK yet. Do you have any favorite stores in HK to buy colored stones, or are you mostly looking at the shows? I went to the one last September but didn't buy anything. I'd like to go to the one coming up in March but that weekend is my wedding weekend.I guess my FI would not be too pleased if I ditched him to go to the gem show!! :naughty:

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning Breathtaking. Regal. Magnificent. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

slksapphire

Shiny_Rock
hi mochiko,

hello, fellow hk'er! i just posted to the "are you done" thread ... i only have 1 colored stone, my sapphire ring, and i have never searched for another (yet) so i don't have any good sources for you. when i was looking for my sapphire, i worked with a few reputable hong kong jewelers (not the major chains) but they didn't have access to enough high-quality stones for me to view. over the course of 6 months or so, they would bring in about 5 stones per month but none of them were even close to the quality that i saw at the gem fair.

as for the gem fair, i worked with dick hughes who sourced about 10-12 stones for me to look at. i couldn't have done it myself ... first off, the fair is only open to the trade so i couldn't even get access. also, there is just too much on offer -- i wouldn't have known which stalls to visit, etc.

the jeweler who helped me design my ring is anne carroll marshall. her email is [email protected].

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
endless_summer|1391307127|3606133 said:
FrekeChild|1391280561|3605829 said:

Completely my bad - I had no idea & definitely would have supported a ss double-post :)

I am going to respectfully disagree. :) You cannot post the exact same thread twice. However, for example, your thread in CS might have more details about your search for the colored stone, show the loose colored stone, discuss what kind of setting might be best, and then show the finished ring. In SMTB, you are really posting your finished piece of jewelry. Of course you can give details about it there, too. But you can certainly post twice about the same item in different sub-forums as long as there are some differences in title and content!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, that is a gorgeous ring! What a stunner! I would love to have my own sapphire ring and this will surely have to stay on my desktop for inspiration! Just beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results