The Pricescope Hall of Fame - Iconic Pricescope jewelry

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@iluvcarats Cartier charm bracelet.

cheers--Sharon

Indeed and hear hear!

For sheer uniqueness and WOW factor, this one is hard to beat.

Super gorgeous, @iluvcarats!

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 9.14.29 PM.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If originality is what sings to you (and it sure as heck sings to me!), @Polished1911's new Elemental pendant is the full opera!

Designed by her and Caysie Van Bebber of CvB Inspired Designs, this pendant does a pretty fair job of representing all the elements of @Polished1911's life, while serving up a huge dollop of beauty followed by an intoxicating chaser of creativity!

Made in 14kt yellow gold and attached to a 19" belcher chain, the pendant, made in the compass style, has a 4.7mm diamond, surrounded by 32 gorgeous 1.5mm red spinels.

True north indeed!

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 9.19.04 PM.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laughing here....

Why, thank you, @rungirl! I designed that ring and had it made some years ago - then sold it to @DorotheaBrooke about 2 years ago. I regretted it almost immediately, as the color is the best grey spinel I've ever seen. So last week, when she decided to sell it and threw it up on LoupeTroop, it just so happened that I saw it within minutes of her posting, emailed her, and it's now back home with me!

It's a beautiful ring - the proportions are just delightful - and both the gems and the workmanship are lovely!

Welcome home, little spinel! <3

I know we are all still drooling over your spectacular new ring but can i see a hand shot of the spindll please
Been watching the news so i dont think i can muster the energy right now to look back through all the pages ive missed

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laughing here....

Why, thank you, @rungirl! I designed that ring and had it made some years ago - then sold it to @DorotheaBrooke about 2 years ago. I regretted it almost immediately, as the color is the best grey spinel I've ever seen. So last week, when she decided to sell it and threw it up on LoupeTroop, it just so happened that I saw it within minutes of her posting, emailed her, and it's now back home with me!

It's a beautiful ring - the proportions are just delightful - and both the gems and the workmanship are lovely!

This is almost serendipitous :kiss2: I love that one of my all time favourite pieces is back with its original owner!

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
Laughing here....

@mrs-b So glad to hear that this ring has circled back home to you! As you saw from my previous post, I find it spectacular - everything about it, really. I hope, if you get a chance, that you'll post some photos =)2

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
I came across this thread not too long after I joined PS, and I still find DorotheaBrooke's Grey Spinel and Diamond ring one of the most breathtaking rings I've seen.

1626190554896.png

Laughing here....

Now I really miss this ring, ha! I got so many compliments on it, much more than any other piece. I only sold it because I decided I really want a diamond ring to wear with my wedding band. But I'm so happy she is back with you, mrs-b!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I really miss this ring, ha! I got so many compliments on it, much more than any other piece. I only sold it because I decided I really want a diamond ring to wear with my wedding band. But I'm so happy she is back with you, mrs-b!

@DorotheaBrooke -

I know *exactly* what you mean! I missed it as soon as I sold it! It's one of those rings that sticks in your head...

On the other hand, I CANNOT believe you're selling your AVC rose gold stunner!! Are you doing another rose gold setting? What size are you hoping to upgrade to? Following this particular project with a great deal of interest!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know we are all still drooling over your spectacular new ring but can i see a hand shot of the spindll please
Been watching the news so i dont think i can muster the energy right now to look back through all the pages ive missed

@Daisys and Diamonds - it's currently being rehabbed at DKJ. When I get it back, I'll do some shots! It will be my pleasure. ::)

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
If originality is what sings to you (and it sure as heck sings to me!), @Polished1911's new Elemental pendant is the full opera!

Designed by her and Caysie Van Bebber of CvB Inspired Designs, this pendant does a pretty fair job of representing all the elements of @Polished1911's life, while serving up a huge dollop of beauty followed by an intoxicating chaser of creativity!

Made in 14kt yellow gold and attached to a 19" belcher chain, the pendant, made in the compass style, has a 4.7mm diamond, surrounded by 32 gorgeous 1.5mm red spinels.

True north indeed!

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 9.19.04 PM.png

not bad for my first yellow gold piece? :)

thank you for honoring me with placing my pendant amongst all of these stunning creations. And another thank you for inspiring me to be so thoughtful when I was in the design process.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
not bad for my first yellow gold piece? :)

thank you for honoring me with placing my pendant amongst all of these stunning creations. And another thank you for inspiring me to be so thoughtful when I was in the design process.

Totally deserved.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
While doing some self educating, I found this! @Tourmaline, have you been rocking this spinel baby lately? Please show us more.

Attachments

• image_547.jpg
    image_547.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 15

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
While doing some self educating, I found this! @Tourmaline, have you been rocking this spinel baby lately? Please show us more.

Aww, thank you @Neptune! Yes, I have worn it fairly recently. I should take some pictures with my new OEC ring. I have been wanting to take a family picture of some of my favorite special pieces.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really don't know where to go with this next post, so bear with me.....

I'm going to call this one - "Anything from Yssie."

A number of her pieces are already on this thread, but how do you NOT add her new Mothra by Leon Mege?

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 7.27.12 PM.png

Or her ongoing collection of Sea of Cortez pearls, which led to *this* bracelet?

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 7.31.22 PM.png

Or this CvB/Takahashi combination which is, as one Per commented "shockingly gorgeous!"

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 7.38.56 PM.png

Or how about these 6ctw OEC double drops from Ivy and Rose and Sako?

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 7.42.04 PM.png

Or this 'Moline Masterpiece'? (And if you haven't noticed by now, Yssie has pretty much established herself as the resident pearl expert on PS!)

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 7.46.37 PM.png

Yssie - the iconic PriceScope piece here is you. Your willingness to take risks, to step outside of the ordinary, to work with the highest quality materials in the hands of the best designers has led to a collection of jewels that inspire, amaze, entice and educate. I'm sure everyone familiar with your collection agrees with me when I say that you deserve our first ever member entry in this PS Hall of Fame collection!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock

A number of her pieces are already on this thread, but how do you NOT add her new Mothra by Leon Mege?

Or her ongoing collection of Sea of Cortez pearls, which led to *this* bracelet?

Or this CvB/Takahashi combination which is, as one Per commented "shockingly gorgeous!"

Or this 'Moline Masterpiece'? (And if you haven't noticed by now, Yssie has pretty much established herself as the resident pearl expert on PS!)

Yssie - the iconic PriceScope piece here is you. Your willingness to take risks, to step outside of the ordinary, to work with the highest quality materials in the hands of the best designers has led to a collection of jewels that inspire, amaze, entice and educate. I'm sure everyone familiar with your collection agrees with me when I say that you deserve our first ever member entry in this PS Hall of Fame collection!

Agreed x100000 but I would love to see her red Ruby ring with the insanely unique and beautiful setting added to this lineup. I would do it myself if I could remember what it’s called?

I also have a fondness for her Paspaley lavier… not sure if I spelled those words right

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock

I agree she is amazing and her taste is next level fabulous.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you @mrs-b for pointing out what is sitting right in front of our faces. @yssie does such extraordinary pieces on a regular basis that hate to admit I’ve become numb to them. When she posts, jaw-dropping is the norm. What an ungrateful PSer I have become. Thank you for making these very necessary additions. You are so thoughtful.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @mrs-b for pointing out what is sitting right in front of our faces. @yssie does such extraordinary pieces on a regular basis that hate to admit I’ve become numb to them. When she posts, jaw-dropping is the norm. What an ungrateful PSer I have become. Thank you for making these very necessary additions. You are so thoughtful.

@LLJsmom -

I have to say - when Yssie does a thread, I've largely stopped commenting...at least initially. I haven't, for example, commented on her Mothra thread (yet) because I have so MUCH to say - so MANY thoughts - and all superlative in their praise - I don't want to sound like an idiot, or to imply in any way that the pieces of other posters aren't equally perfect and precious.

But mostly because it takes me weeks to take in a new piece by Yssie, and often by that stage I feel as tho my comments are unnecessary to proceedings. I mean - for example - does anyone really need to know Mrs-B's thoughts on the Mona Lisa? Of course not - and this feels sort of like that to me.

So instead, I've posted a few shots of a few pieces in this thread - leaning largely on the fact that other pieces have already been added either by me or by other PSers earlier in the thread. What I'd *like* to do, of course, is post the whole lot, so people could experience the entire WHAM of seeing a wider selection of Yssie's pieces all in one place. But unfortunately they're spread all over PS, and don't all have their own threads, so they're tough to track down. And, frankly, where do you stop? Especially when photos like the one below are buried, almost as an afterthought, in compilation threads focusing on other pieces?

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 3.33.56 PM.png

But just in case anyone would like to see Yssie's Erika Winters pieces, most of them are here:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom -

I have to say - when Yssie does a thread, I've largely stopped commenting...at least initially. I haven't, for example, commented on her Mothra thread (yet) because I have so MUCH to say - so MANY thoughts - and all superlative in their praise - I don't want to sound like an idiot, or to imply in any way that the pieces of other posters aren't equally perfect and precious.

But mostly because it takes me weeks to take in a new piece by Yssie, and often by that stage I feel as tho my comments are unnecessary to proceedings. I mean - for example - does anyone really need to know Mrs-B's thoughts on the Mona Lisa? Of course not - and this feels sort of like that to me.

So instead, I've posted a few shots of a few pieces in this thread - leaning largely on the fact that other pieces have already been added either by me or by other PSers earlier in the thread. What I'd *like* to do, of course, is post the whole lot, so people could experience the entire WHAM of seeing a wider selection of Yssie's pieces all in one place. But unfortunately they're spread all over PS, and don't all have their own threads, so they're tough to track down. And, frankly, where do you stop? Especially when photos like the one below are buried, almost as an afterthought, in compilation threads focusing on other pieces?

But just in case anyone would like to see Yssie's Erika Winters pieces, most of them are here:

Ok sorry to go on and on but YASSSSSS to everything you said. It takes time and repeat viewings and more time to absorb just a fraction of what and why one of @yssie ’s pieces is. I feel like I’m celebrity name dropping but I’ve had a chance to see her opal earrings in person and I swear you could leave me alone in a room with a loupe for two hours and you wouldn’t hear a peep out of me. And her ering. Even the diamond itself. It’s a J? STFU. And you know how color sensitive I am. MRB that Flashes like an OEC. BUT ITS NOT. HOW. And the EW setting just makes it a perfect ring. The Harry Winston rings I’ve seen pale in comparison. Everything is chosen, planned and executed with thoughtfulness and intention. And here I am going on and on. It’s almost beyond iconic. She’s in a class all by herself. Ok, that is feeling a little bit closer to how I feel.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
@LLJsmom -

Holy Moly - I've never seen this! Stunning!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok sorry to go on and on but YASSSSSS to everything you said. It takes time and repeat viewings and more time to absorb just a fraction of what and why one of @yssie ’s pieces is. I feel like I’m celebrity name dropping but I’ve had a chance to see her opal earrings in person and I swear you could leave me alone in a room with a loupe for two hours and you wouldn’t hear a peep out of me. And her ering. Even the diamond itself. It’s a J? STFU. And you know how color sensitive I am. MRB that Flashes like an OEC. BUT ITS NOT. HOW. And the EW setting just makes it a perfect ring. The Harry Winston rings I’ve seen pale in comparison. Everything is chosen, planned and executed with thoughtfulness and intention. And here I am going on and on. It’s almost beyond iconic. She’s in a class all by herself. Ok, that is feeling a little bit closer to how I feel.

Yssie makes it look easy--and we all benefit without the need for supplemental oxygen!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cheers to that!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Totally agree to Yssie's collection being one of the tops on PS for so many reasons...design, quality of materials, uniqueness, artfulness, etc.

The only thing I can add is don't forget her long pearl and diamond station necklace. It's in my personal "holy grail" image file.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Agree with all of the above. I haven’t developed a taste for pearls yet, but yssie’s make me drool.

I just want to add that her photography skills are also beyond! Capturing the detail in her pieces is not an easy feat

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness. @mrs-b. Wow.

You girls are the sweetest. I checked out of life for a couple of days, and coming back to PS and seeing these posts - I’m smiling and the smile is real ❤️

What most folks don’t know is that I’ve been having a less than stellar few weeks. Four weeks ago my grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer. My mother is at the age where she’s supposed to have mammograms every other year, but she hadn’t gone since 2019 - so she rushed to get her own imagining done as well. And unfortunately she also has breast cancer.

So within the month I’ve gone from no family history to OMGFamilyHistory. I’m in my mid-thirties but given the situation and new risk profile I went in for an early baseline screen. Got my result day before yesterday - I’m clear.

My grandmother’s genetic testing was negative. And her cancer is… Slow, well-isolated, and responsive to hormone therapies. So she’ll have surgery to remove the one infected area and will take some pills for some unknown time. It’s an excellent outcome, given the diagnosis.

My mother’s still waiting for her genetic results. Her cancer is unfortunately much more severe. It’s ER/PR-, for those who are familiar with this flavour of horror… But is likely (hopefully) HER2+. We’ll know more in a few days. She's having have PET and MRI done next week (and echo week after), and we're of course hoping it hasn’t spread too far yet. But her doctor saw more lymph node activity now than even three weeks ago, so… Well, that would track with the aggressiveness of a HER2+ situation. That's both a curse and a blessing - it's potentially more responsive to targetted drugs, but if the treatment doesn’t work you’re stuck with a quickly-spreading cancer. She’ll start chemo on the 19th, 6 rounds three weeks apart, and then we’ll see what’s next, more chemo and/or surgery and/or radiation or…

Historically people in my family pass in their 60s and 70s. From things like strokes, heart disease, accidents, long-term complications from malnutrition. We don’t have cancer in the family. So the C word is just something I’ve never been worried about. (It has belatedly occurred to me that the reason we don’t have family history is because my ancestors didn’t actually last long enough for cancer to show up... You'd think I'd have considered this before now.)

But... I’m an optimist with this sort of thing, usually. Y'know? I’ve been lucky to not have had serious illness in my immediate family before now. Outside of with my animals, and with *them* my husband is the one preparing for bad news and I’m the one saying - believing - that It Will Be Okay. And I'm usually right. I mean, sometimes they're just very clearly not okay and it's time to let go, but when there are two possible outcomes, one okay and one not... Well, I've been really lucky with my furbabies.

And every step of this with my mum I’ve been similarly confident that what actually happens will be okay. And I've been wrong. The initial mammogram, I was sure she'd be fine since she was fine in 2019. I was sure the biopsy would end up being benign. I was sure the lymph node swelling they saw was due to Covid (which she had and didn't know it). I was sure her cancer would be ER/PR+ like her mother's. So... I'm trying to not get super hopeful for no distal metastasis. Especially since her doctor made a point to say that "statistics don’t determine an individual’s outcome", that doesn't exactly bode well.

My mum is doing as well as one could hope for, I think. She and my dad are approaching all of this shockingly calmly and logically - much more than I know I would. But this is the woman who developed and nurtured a successful career in technology despite following my dad around the world, moving to a new city/country and finding a new job every 6-18 months whilst basically single-parenting me until high school. She's a really strong person with ample history of not giving in to panic. And she’s being treated at a fantastic multidisciplinary institute and we’re lucky to have oncology expertise in my other half’s family for advice, second opinions, and referrals. Her odds are as good as they can be.

Me, I’m discovering a depth of dark humour that I didn’t know I possess. And stress is an excellent weight loss programme. I don’t have siblings and I’m not close with my extended family, and my dad’s family is all in India anyway, so it’s just me and him. But... she's got me and him and we aren’t going anywhere.

The guilt is the worst. I've not been nearly as present as I could - should - have been. I mean, I'm their only child. And I get annoyed that they still treat me like a child. Which they do, but it's partly cultural. And y'know what? I've been behaving like a child. I’ve been so wrapped up in my life and my work and my angsts, for so many years. I’m grateful to have at least some time with her to prioritize changing that, now.

And I’m changing jobs. New company, same industry. I made that decision right before all this cancer news came out. I still think it’s the right choice, for myself and my family, but it’s one more worry.

And my cat has been very sick. Turns out she has E. Coli. Which wasn't noted in the first culture - who knows what happened. She’s on new antibiotics now and doing much better, but three weeks ago we were pretty sure she’d be in an urn on the mantle by New Year.

So that’s the background of the past few weeks.

I’ve posted a couple of times about bling meaning different things to different people at different times. For me bling is escape, respite, relief. I can totally lose myself in planning a project, or admiring a finished jewel, or chasing academic minutiae - I can't think of anything else that can keep me that completely occupied. I used to try to hide it, because it seemed inappropriate to spend so much time and energy and money on something so #useless. But… Why should I? There are certainly worse sins.

To come back to PS after a few days off and see this totally unexpected outpouring of support and encouragement - and y’all had no idea how much this means to me right now. PSers get it. And the fact that I can feel more comfortable with and better understood by PSers than so many people in my day to day, even PSers whom I've not yet met in-person - will never cease to amaze me.

@mrs-b I don’t know what inspired you to write what you did when you did. I know that you've had too many health scares of your own. This week... The sentiment of being kind to others because you don’t know what they’re going though, you are an embodiment of that. My silver lining has been learning how many loving and generous people I've got in my life - so many of whom I wouldn’t know without this forum. mrs-b, PreRaphaelite, diamonds, Missie, dk, LLJsmom, Ally, Ann, Sharon, CCN, RWS, Pomelo, everyone with whom I've chatted off-forum, thank you. I’m so, so grateful for my friends. ❤️

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results