shape
carat
color
clarity

The Lost Sapphire has been FOUND!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
oh LS...

For the longest time, the Leon ring that was your inspiration, has been on my
computer...as my ''dream'' ring - nothing else ever really came close...

Your beautiful ring has, and then some!

Blue...oh so blue...the stone is ''everything'' a sapphire should be!

I sensed so much of you, your life, and your DH, went into this ring...

Wear it in health and happiness always - it is truly stunning!

36.gif

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness!
6.gif
What a *fabulous* ring!!! I''m so happy for you LS!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is exquisite and I love how the sapphire just pops you right in the eye!!

Oh, and looking even better in your VW Bug - yay!!

bug_cab_tiny.gif

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations. Lovely ring and wonderful stone!

And thank you for putting the story together.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 10:30:02 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Date: 8/28/2008 10:19:36 PM

what, you think I''m kidding? Hang on, THAT I''ll take a picture of!

one second...

LS

Here you go!
9.gif

LS
OMG- LMAO! That''s hysterical!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I wonder how much oxygen was lost last night over how many states/provinces/countries when we all collectively gasped at the gorgeousness residing on your hand!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock

Good morning everyone! Thank you all SO MUCH for your kind words and supportive posts! This has been a bit of a life journey for me and now all feels ‘right’ in my world. So many of you have such STUNNINGLY beautiful pieces that I drool over daily. And never in my wildest dreams would I have felt I had something so beautiful as to even be included in the SMTR thread! As most of you know, I hang out here in coloured stones because you are such a fun group. By nature I’m a bit of an introvert but in this section of the forum I feel comfortable and at ease with the subject matter, and, with all of you.

So here goes. I had no idea so many people would have responded to this post!

LS

Canuk-gal – thankyou for joining the party!

Angeline – IKWYM – I have never in real life seen a sapphire of this colour. YUMMY is the word!

Iluvcarats – oops, for some reason I thought you had a project on the go. NOT THAT YOU NEED ONE, with that blingalicious erring!

Hello Fly Girl! Nice to see you! I’ll come up with a name, somehow. Don’t know about pictures, as I said earlier in this thread, I’m more of a “get a few shots and get ‘er done” kind of girl. We’ll see after the manicure today!

Jewelerman! Whoa, nice compliment, coming from you, that means a lot!

Catmom – you are too kind! And no, not much sleep last night!

Hi misspinky! Please thank your FI for the compliment! And of course he’s right, YOURS is the most beautiful ring!

Jelly – thanks for sharing the giggle about the steering wheel. It seemed perfectly ‘normal’ to me!

3.gif

Musey – the nitroglycerin is at the ready, just in case!!! And I agree, the cut, proportions, shape and slope are absolutely perfect. They did a beautiful job!

Diamond*Dana – Hi! Nice to see you! Thank you for the applause!

PrincessDijon – Thankyou for your post. I am feeling very overwhelmed with it right now. That too will pass!

Hi SDL! How nice of you to come back! Such kind words from you! I always appreciate your posts. And yes, WF gets HUGE credit. I did the easy part!

Marcyc – I love it too!

Pwendyp – you and me both about that Leon! The problem was, I wanted to have control over the design elements of the project. AND, Leon doesn’t do yellow gold which was something that was important to me. So we used the head of the ruby cluster for a bit of inspiration (mostly to get the proportions of centre stones to diamonds right). And yes, it’s my NEW favourite too!

9.gif

Hello singingbell! Thank you for the compliment.

Po10472 – good spotting! Most people wouldn’t have figured out the bug!

2.gif

Oldmancoyote – thank you for your post. The story is important (to me anyways). And my reaction to the ring yesterday was so emotional: sweet DH says it’s an indication of how important this ‘found’ ER is to me! Thank you for joining the party!

Hey Dani! IKWYM about the gasping: never thought I’d do that, because I had teaser pics. But it got me too!

OK my friends, I have to get to work....it''s pretty hard because I keep getting distracted!

LS

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I may be slightly late for this party, but I''ll repeat what everyone has said: GORGEOUS!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am just BOILED over how Perfect this turned out. It looks almost exactly like the Leon setting!!!!

PHENOMINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think you should change your name to FOUNDSAPPHIRE!!!!!!!!!!

30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
LS, congratulations on your masterpiece....and it truly is!

I have to tell you......I see every ''teaser photo'' that leaves every night. A copy of each comes to my inbox, so I look at a LOT of diamond jewelry.

When I opened your pictures, I said (actually out loud!).......

HOLY COW......LOOK at how beautiful that came out! That has to be one of the single most stunning rings I can remember seeing in all my years on Pricescope.

HA - *then* I picked up the phone and called Lesley...."have you SEEN her ring? You HAVE HAVE HAVE to look at how gorgeous it is!" lol

I don''t know which impresses me more; the ring itself or the clear emotion of what this piece means to you.

Wear it in exceptional health and enjoy!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LS, I know you have a zillion "it''s beautiful" comments, but I had to chime in. From one sapphire lover to another, you did a fabulous job designing this ring. It is just unbelievably gorgeous! Congrats!

Mrs.Guz

Shiny_Rock
Wow, it is gorgeous!!! Congratulations!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful - you must be thrilled!

Enjoy it!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
OMG I am SOOOOO late to this party! Being at work now makes me miss everything!! Your ring is even more breathtakingly beautiful than I imagined it would be. I made my fiance come look at the screen too. He doesn''t care at all about jewelry, but I wanted him to see whiteflash''s work since he was a bit skeptical about me sending my ring to them. It was great to get to show him such a masterpiece and he agreed their work is awesome! I am so happy for you that you finally have that gorgeous ring! That steering wheel picture is great. When I finally get some teaser pics of my recut I will DEFINITELY be doing the same thing! I love your rainy pics but you know we want some in sunlight too! Enjoy your new baby!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 9:32:49 AM
Author: Lady_Disdain
I may be slightly late for this party, but I''ll repeat what everyone has said: GORGEOUS!!!
Welcome to the party! We''re having FUN!
emotion-19.gif

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 10:05:36 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
I am just BOILED over how Perfect this turned out. It looks almost exactly like the Leon setting!!!!
I am honoured to have been able to use the Leon as the inspiration. It helped with proportion and scale. Some design elements are similar, some are very different. Leon doesn''t work in YG so I didn''t have an option to have him make it.

Thank you for your compliment.
LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
party2.gif
PARTY!! It''s a blueblingalicious party!!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 10:15:12 AM
Author: Allison D.
LS, congratulations on your masterpiece....and it truly is!

I have to tell you......I see every ''teaser photo'' that leaves every night. A copy of each comes to my inbox, so I look at a LOT of diamond jewelry.

When I opened your pictures, I said (actually out loud!).......

HOLY COW......LOOK at how beautiful that came out! That has to be one of the single most stunning rings I can remember seeing in all my years on Pricescope.

HA - *then* I picked up the phone and called Lesley....''have you SEEN her ring? You HAVE HAVE HAVE to look at how gorgeous it is!'' lol

I don''t know which impresses me more; the ring itself or the clear emotion of what this piece means to you.

Wear it in exceptional health and enjoy!
Well, Allison: I must give credit where credit is due: Jeff White cut an astounding rock. WF did an astounding job on the setting.

Joe is an amazing CAD designer. I had done my own CADs, and calculated the proportions of diamond melee to the sapphire. (I turned out to be closer in measurements than he did, woo hoo!)...pat on the back....

The WF experience was unbelievably positive and supportive. There was never a moment of angst on my part, as all of the staff kept me in the loop regarding everything going on.

EVEN the guy in shipping sent me an e-mail with his contact information and direct telephone # should I have any concerns about Fedex.

WF is to be commended not only for their product (which is amazing) BUT for the well trained, friendly, "on top of things" staff. EVERY interaction with staff was positive and HAPPY. WOW if you could bottle that you''d be rich!

Thanks again.

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 10:25:15 AM
Author: katiedid
LS, I know you have a zillion ''it''s beautiful'' comments, but I had to chime in. From one sapphire lover to another, you did a fabulous job designing this ring. It is just unbelievably gorgeous! Congrats!

Dontcha just LOVE the colour???
30.gif

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 10:35:26 AM
Author: Mrs.Guz
Wow, it is gorgeous!!! Congratulations!
Thank you, Mrs.Guz

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 11:04:22 AM
Author: Pandora II
Absolutely beautiful - you must be thrilled!

Enjoy it!

I am, Pandora. And your opinion is one I value: thank you.

LS

rubylover

Rough_Rock
LS, I''m late for this party. I did see your ring yesterday evening but could not post as there was too much disturbance from my teeny-tiny kids. As soon as I came home dumped everything and opened my laptop to check your ring. The moment I saw that ring, My breath was taken away! AMAZING!!!!!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I don''t have words to tell U, how much beautiful it is.
I can imagine what you might gone through...Finally, all the efforts, time & energy is paid off!
After 22 years of marriage, you really deserve it..
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

As some one said here, It''s really fit for a Queen!!

My experience was similar to Miss Pinky here. The moment I saw the ring.... I started squeeeeeling, and DH who was busy watching stock market in his laptop, stopped and asked "What happened?". I showed your ring,He too liked your ring very much. And next thing he told ME pointing to a graph "When this stock goes this high, I will get you this kind of ring". And here I''m dreaming...............
30.gif
3.gif
3.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 11:23:14 AM
Author: Kelli
OMG I am SOOOOO late to this party! Being at work now makes me miss everything!! Your ring is even more breathtakingly beautiful than I imagined it would be. I made my fiance come look at the screen too. He doesn't care at all about jewelry, but I wanted him to see whiteflash's work since he was a bit skeptical about me sending my ring to them. It was great to get to show him such a masterpiece and he agreed their work is awesome! I am so happy for you that you finally have that gorgeous ring! That steering wheel picture is great. When I finally get some teaser pics of my recut I will DEFINITELY be doing the same thing! I love your rainy pics but you know we want some in sunlight too! Enjoy your new baby!

Hey Kelli! Glad to be of help with the FI. Good when THEY get onboard too, huh?

LS

ETA: I took the picture off the steering wheel today: DON'T NEED IT ANYMORE!!!
9.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 1:16:30 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I had to come back and drool (and this time showed my hubby. lol
31.gif
).. this is my favorite sapphire ring to date. My stars LS, its just amazing. I love that blue, my breath caught when I saw the first shot you posted.. really, really beautiful. Whiteflash did an incredible job.
I did this today too, and he was like, WHOA!! He thinks it''s huge and amazing. He loves Jeff White now that he has seen so many stones but by him, including mine.

I love the picture taped to the steering wheel, that is SO something I would do.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 12:51:35 PM
Author: geckodani
party2.gif
PARTY!! It''s a blueblingalicious party!!

Thanks for the dancing Dani!

It means a lot to me to have dancing, as I was married in a wheelchair...there was NO DANCING!

Everything turned out ok but suffice to say things were rocky for me throughout my 20s and then some.

So that is part of the emotionality I''m getting caught up in. WOOHOOOOOOO

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 1:01:12 PM
Author: rubylover
LS, I''m late for this party. I did see your ring yesterday evening but could not post as there was too much disturbance from my teeny-tiny kids. As soon as I came home dumped everything and opened my laptop to check your ring. The moment I saw that ring, My breath was taken away! AMAZING!!!!!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I don''t have words to tell U, how much beautiful it is.
I can imagine what you might gone through...Finally, all the efforts, time & energy is paid off!
After 22 years of marriage, you really deserve it..
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

As some one said here, It''s really fit for a Queen!!

My experience was similar to Miss Pinky here. The moment I saw the ring.... I started squeeeeeling, and DH who was busy watching stock market in his laptop, stopped and asked ''What happened?''. I showed your ring,He too liked your ring very much. And next thing he told ME pointing to a graph ''When this stock goes this high, I will get you this kind of ring''. And here I''m dreaming...............
30.gif
3.gif
3.gif
You are SO KIND to comment!

NICE NEWS about the stock market though, huh? How can we help with that??
31.gif

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 1:03:44 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

Date: 8/29/2008 1:16:30 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I had to come back and drool (and this time showed my hubby. lol
31.gif
).. this is my favorite sapphire ring to date. My stars LS, its just amazing. I love that blue, my breath caught when I saw the first shot you posted.. really, really beautiful. Whiteflash did an incredible job.
I did this today too, and he was like, WHOA!! He thinks it''s huge and amazing. He loves Jeff White now that he has seen so many stones but by him, including mine.

I love the picture taped to the steering wheel, that is SO something I would do.

emlove.gif
JEFFWHITEROCKS!
emlove.gif

Glad to see I''m not the only nut around here!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LS, I am back again to gaze at your beautiful ring. I have never seen a more gorgeous sapphire ring in my life. It is soooooooooooooo beautiful. I am drooling again
30.gif

Linda

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 2:08:59 PM
Author: Linda W
LS, I am back again to gaze at your beautiful ring. I have never seen a more gorgeous sapphire ring in my life. It is soooooooooooooo beautiful. I am drooling again
30.gif

Linda
Hi Linda!

Need a bib???
9.gif

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 1:04:44 PM

Date: 8/29/2008 12:51:35 PM
Author: geckodani
party2.gif
PARTY!! It's a blueblingalicious party!!

Thanks for the dancing Dani!

It means a lot to me to have dancing, as I was married in a wheelchair...there was NO DANCING!

Everything turned out ok but suffice to say things were rocky for me throughout my 20s and then some.

So that is part of the emotionality I'm getting caught up in. WOOHOOOOOOO

LS
Well, in that case, We can dance until the cows come home! That's so sweet LS. And major ((HUGS)) to you. I can't imagine how tough that must have been.

dancing.gif
wobble2.gif
Happy%20dancing%20guy.gif
dancing.gif
wobble2.gif
walklikeanegyptian.gif
dancing.gif
wobble2.gif
dancing.gif
wobble2.gif

party2.gif
party2.gif
party2.gif
party2.gif
party2.gif

hareiam.gif
bunnyhoedown.gif
dancing_penguin.gif
dancepanda.gif
anotherdancyguy.gif
dance_3_7.gif
Party%20for%20Skippy.gif
1244.gif
dance2gether.gif
yippiechickie.gif
happyclappyguy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results