shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

princesss

Ideal_Rock
BF and I want to move back to VA. NC is nice, it really is...but everything we love in this country is pretty much in VA. I''m just nervous that we''ll get stuck there....but there are so many more opportunities, esp. in Northern Virginia and/or Richmond. I mean, heck with it, if he got a job in DC and I got one in Richmond, we could split the difference and still have friends around (we went to school halfway between the two). It''s just tough to have soooo much up there and so little down here.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 12:01:12 PM
Author: Miscka

Date: 8/19/2009 11:58:07 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 8/19/2009 11:56:57 AM

ohhhhhh rice. How I love it. I love brown, jasmine, or saffron. White, not so much.

Sunny I love ranch and pizza. yummmmmmmmmm. There is a place here that will deliver until like 4am (read: post bar hopping food) and their cheese sticks with ranch sauce are a local legend. So good.

You guys are making me hungry.

Elle, are you around? I have a dress q for ya if so...

Princesss, woot! Where are you looking? You live in my all-time fave state, I must say. Sorry you don''t love it. We are thinking of a huge move in the spring as well. It is scary as heck but exciting!

Ckrickett...will you eat salty stuff with sweet stuff? I love sodium that way!

I''m heeere!
35.gif

Sweet! So, you have a sweetheart neckline...what necklace are you wearing, if you are wearing one? I am seriously struggling and have like no time to decide (long story).
Its...eh... I will have to take picture and post because I''m not good at describing. It''s a silver chain that''s really thin, and it has a combination of pearls and stones, and it has a little drop to it.... at least thats what my memory of it is. hehe. I haven''t seen it since I bought it!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I hear you there. I am so ready for a fresh start though! I would love to live in the mountains. So many options are coming up, its freaking me out.

We may be in the DC/Baltimore area! That is one of my top choices.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 12:03:30 PM
Date: 8/19/2009 12:01:12 PM

Date: 8/19/2009 11:58:07 AM

ohhhhhh rice. How I love it. I love brown, jasmine, or saffron. White, not so much.

Sunny I love ranch and pizza. yummmmmmmmmm. There is a place here that will deliver until like 4am (read: post bar hopping food) and their cheese sticks with ranch sauce are a local legend. So good.

Princesss, woot! Where are you looking? You live in my all-time fave state, I must say. Sorry you don''t love it. We are thinking of a huge move in the spring as well. It is scary as heck but exciting!

I''m heeere!
35.gif

Sweet! So, you have a sweetheart neckline...what necklace are you wearing, if you are wearing one? I am seriously struggling and have like no time to decide (long story).

Its...eh... I will have to take picture and post because I''m not good at describing. It''s a silver chain that''s really thin, and it has a combination of pearls and stones, and it has a little drop to it.... at least thats what my memory of it is. hehe. I haven''t seen it since I bought it!

Ah, that helps for sure. I wish I had my dress but its at the seamstresses. I am debating between a strand and a pendant, and wasn''t sure if I wanted something to FOLLOW the line of the "v" or to counteract it. I cannot decide ANYTHING lately, it is a sickness.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

YEESS!!!

chocolate covered pretzels are my biggest vice when it''s "that time"

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
My Sis lives in NC, but travels up to DC weekly for work! I couldnt do that.....speaking of work, ill talk to you later later, i gotta run to another location for a sec, than ill be back....i hope everyone is having a good day!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
drive by hello
5.gif

i came back from texas and my monitor died... i swear having internet and not being able to see it is worse than having the computer working fine and the internet being down.
39.gif

i have been attempting to keep up though (never thought i''d be so happy about a slow moving small talk thread), and my poor M loves me enough to read through the thread titles and keep me updated on this thread for me.
9.gif
he gets a little confused with the different abbreviations and maintains that Topo is short for topography.

i promise at some point in time eventually i will update, although i have no shiny yet (didn''t make it to TX in time) and MK i sympatize, on sun. of my trip i got a text from a friend telling me one of our mutual friends got engaged.

dussssssssssssssst jessie! (i''m posting here then running)

and dust to everyone and their SO/pet/poopcake/anything else that needs dusting (furniture excluded)

toodles
35.gif
(oh and the jetblue unlimited fly for a month dealie is way too enticing...)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 12:09:07 PM
Author: Squirrly
drive by hello
5.gif

i came back from texas and my monitor died... i swear having internet and not being able to see it is worse than having the computer working fine and the internet being down.
39.gif

i have been attempting to keep up though (never thought i''d be so happy about a slow moving small talk thread), and my poor M loves me enough to read through the thread titles and keep me updated on this thread for me.
9.gif
he gets a little confused with the different abbreviations and maintains that Topo is short for topography.

i promise at some point in time eventually i will update, although i have no shiny yet (didn''t make it to TX in time) and MK i sympatize, on sun. of my trip i got a text from a friend telling me one of our mutual friends got engaged.

and dust to everyone and their SO/pet/poopcake/anything else that needs dusting (furniture excluded)

toodles
35.gif

your monitor died... lame-o!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 12:09:07 PM
Author: Squirrly
drive by hello
5.gif

39.gif

9.gif

toodles
35.gif
LOL to everything you said, have said in the past, and will say in the future.
36.gif

squirrly makes me giggle outloud (GOL!)

Ditto on the jetblue!

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies, would it be cool if I joined in the "small talk"? I read all day because I have a desk job and tend to be pretty bored. And thanks for talking about food because now I''m freaking starving! I''m on the west coast so lunch is still hours away! I could very well eat my desk or stapler. Oh and my secret brown rice tip (probably not really a secret) is I use chicken stock instead of water to cook it. Not bland at all that way! Did someone say Chocolate Pretzels?

Princess - Where are you in NC? I have relatives in Wilmington and I LOVE it there! Everyone is so stinking nice!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 12:23:30 PM
Author: winelover23
Hey ladies, would it be cool if I joined in the ''small talk''? I read all day because I have a desk job and tend to be pretty bored. And thanks for talking about food because now I''m freaking starving! I''m on the west coast so lunch is still hours away! I could very well eat my desk or stapler. Oh and my secret brown rice tip (probably not really a secret) is I use chicken stock instead of water to cook it. Not bland at all that way! Did someone say Chocolate Pretzels?

Princess - Where are you in NC? I have relatives in Wilmington and I LOVE it there! Everyone is so stinking nice!

What''s the magic word?
2.gif

YES. Join us, please! Welcome!
35.gif

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Well in my house the magic word is "now". That work?

Thanks, you might regret it though because I am a chatty cathy!

How do I get rid of my stupid red bubble person and put up a pic? I hate that thing, it makes me nervous.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 12:28:57 PM
Well in my house the magic word is ''now''. That work?

Thanks, you might regret it though because I am a chatty cathy!

How do I get rid of my stupid red bubble person and put up a pic? I hate that thing, it makes me nervous.
LOL. There is a "Personal Section" link up at the top right.. you can upload a new avatar there.

And yes... red bubble person is kinda intimidating.

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh yes, much more fitting if I don''t say so myself!

Thank you Ma''am!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 12:38:29 PM
Ahhh yes, much more fitting if I don''t say so myself!

Thank you Ma''am!

I like it!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 11:56:02 AM
Author: Jessie702
OMG....Ranch with Pizza is the BEST! its like the ranch bring out the flavor of the pizza but than adds a nice twist to it. Seriously though, ranch adds a new twist to every meal....okay, thats so lame, it sounds like a commercial.

SoySauce IS salty, but still pretty tasty. You sound like my BF he cant take anything thats too satly, or too sweet or too spicy. He has really senstive taste buds, so i cant get very creative with flavors.
38.gif
See I love me some sodium, but spread throughout the day. 1000% of my daily sodium in 1/8 of a tsp?!?! No thanks. I''ll have teriyaki sauce instead. Teriyaki is the only food that calls for soy anway, for me.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Princesss, my sis lives in Richmond and works in DC (I think...). It can be done! You remind me of her actually, haha! Except she''s a lot crazy. Not a little, a lot.
1.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 1:02:12 PM
Author: sunnyd
Princesss, my sis lives in Richmond and works in DC (I think...). It can be done! You remind me of her actually, haha! Except she''s a lot crazy. Not a little, a lot.
1.gif
Yeah, I definitely think it can be done. I''m just at a point where I''m tired of him being miserable! I just want him to feel like he''s got something going for him. He just refuses to leave me, which is sweet but infuriating at the same time. We''ll probably talk about it tonight, though. The one benefit to gov''t jobs (if that''s what we apply for) is that security clearance can take forever so even if we both got something, it''d give us a little time to get things organized.

But seriously. I feel lighter just knowing we can go, and this awesome job....ack. I probably won''t get it, but it can''t hurt to apply, right?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
No it can''t. So do it.
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m kind of irritated.

MOH''s shoes that I ordered (pic on the internet).

MOH shoes Nina CHRYS222.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shoes that arrived today...

IMG_6465 sized.jpg

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Is it just the embellishments that are the wrong colour Freke?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 2:27:29 PM
Author: Erinleigh
Is it just the embellishments that are the wrong colour Freke?
Yes. Which kind of sucks. I''m leaving it up to my MOH because she''s the one that has to wear them. I''m considering removing the crystals and putting on silver ones myself...

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
I think the dark ones look nice as well, but if it''s not what you''re going for (not to mention, not what you ordered), it''s a pain! I think I remember you DIYing crystals onto your shoes? You did a fantastic job on those, so I''m sure swapping them out would be easy for you
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s weird, Freke!

Yeah, they''re still cute, but definitely not what you ordered! Strange!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
I FOUND THE INTERNET!!!!!
with about 8 minutes left on my lunch
14.gif

it''s absolutely crazy, my parents will kill me, and i have class so i''d have to broker one hck of a deal with my profs, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut i kinda sorta possibly really want to travel. a lot.

but i should be good and work and save up for the wedding... and then i might not be able to go to the ball...

i could just compromise and try to coerce people into going somewhere tropical for fall break.

elle- i will do my best to continue to make you GOL

and by chance is anyone''s kitteh names snicklefritz paddington the third? please tell me that name didn''t just pop into my head for absolutely no reason. thankfully it didn''t come at a time when i was thinking of good kids names (i rediscovered lillian and ambrose recently)

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 11:57:39 AM
I should add that I hate Ranch in any other context...on a salad, as a dip
14.gif
, just with pizza!

ME TOO! It''s so weird--I don''t like it at all, but on pepperoni pizza it is the BEST. I like to smother the pizza in chalula hot sauce and dip it in the ranch dressing.
18.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
ack!! I love Chalula too! That sounds like a fab combo (minus the pepperoni).

I have a serious issue, ladies. I made this damm cake on Sunday for DH to take to work. He won''t take it. It just sits there, looking at me. Doesn''t it know I have a dress to fit into?????

P, apply away! Much dust headed your way, that is exciting stuff. I know what you mean about feeling "lighter".

Freke, I kind of like the darker ones better
4.gif
but I would be irritated too if I were you.

Ckrickett...don''t judge me but I used to LOVE eating pringles and Hershey''s kisses simultaneously. I was much fatter then
9.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Pretzels and nutella.

''Nuff said.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 3:00:52 PM
Author: princesss
Pretzels and nutella.

''Nuff said.
Num num num...