clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 2:59:31 PM
Author: Miscka
Freke, I kind of like the darker ones better
4.gif
but I would be irritated too if I were you.
I''m leaving it up to my MOH. She gets to make the final decision since she has to wear them.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Winelover, what kind of wine do you love? FI and I are huge wine lovers as well.
35.gif
Welcome!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, I wish I liked Nutella. I really do. But I HATE hazelnut anything. So tragic.

ladyP, are you more of a white or a red fan? I love wine, and wish I knew more about it.

welcome, winelover!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Mmmmm, wine, i could so use a glass right now with the stressful crap going on at work right now!
29.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m not a nutella fan either Miscka, we can not like it together!
9.gif

Freke, that''s really strange. Is there a crystal shortage somewhere?

Wine lovers unite! Us too. Hee!

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Ya what is Nutella anyway? I like saying that word but I''ve always wondered what it was. Sorry if I live under a rock!

ladypirate - I pretty much love all wine except for the super sweet white stuff! I am the luckiest winelover on the planet because Washington (state) seriously has the best wine EVER
2.gif
I mostly love a good red blend like a cab, merlot, syrah or a good stick to the sides of the glass cab. I have a group of about 10 friends that piles into my Dad''s motorhome and goes wine tasting for a weekend in April annually. Not only are Washington wines awesome IMHO but they are very reasonably priced. Some of my favorites are in the $6-$10 range. Let me know if you ever want a recommendation!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 3:47:49 PM
Author: sunnyd
Freke, that''s really strange. Is there a crystal shortage somewhere?
I don''t know. My MOH isn''t a big fan. I gave her the option of me replacing some of or all of the stones with silver/clear swarovskis, so we''ll see what she says.

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Jessie - I am fedexing you a glass of vino stat! Sorry work is stressful
8.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 3:53:43 PM
Author: winelover23
Ya what is Nutella anyway? I like saying that word but I''ve always wondered what it was. Sorry if I live under a rock!
Nutella is a milk chocolate hazelnut spread, about the consistency of sticky peanut butter, and it''s fairly sweet. It can be found in grocery stores by the peanut butter, usually up on the top shelf.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is a small european cafe in downtown Ann Arbor that serves the most fantastic Nutella crepes. Oh dear god they are amazing. I''m drooling just thinking about them!
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Huh, ok I''m trying it. You had me at chocolate.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 4:10:10 PM
Author: elledizzy5
There is a small european cafe in downtown Ann Arbor that serves the most fantastic Nutella crepes. Oh dear god they are amazing. I''m drooling just thinking about them!
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
Those

Are

The

BEST

*drool*

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Elle that is EXACTLY why I wish I liked it! Nutella crepes. Stupid hazelnut.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
18.gif

Strawberry_and_Nutella_Crepes_2_0_500.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha, in Paris my brother got one and got whipped cream in it....

If you've never had one, in Paris you get them like a pretzel or a hot dog. They're usually from a street vendor or an ice cream shop, and they make it and then hand it to you folded into a triangle and wrapped in paper. It's hot and gooey and delicious and melts in your mouth.

It also squirts warm, melted whipped cream all over unsuspecting 17-year-olds and those around them.
20.gif

Moral of the story: Only fruit should go in a Nutella crepe. Anything else is a recipe for disaster.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 4:33:21 PM
Author: princesss
Hahaha, in Paris my brother got one and got whipped cream in it....

If you''ve never had one, in Paris you get them like a pretzel or a hot dog. They''re usually from a street vendor or an ice cream shop, and they make it and then hand it to you folded into a triangle and wrapped in paper. It''s hot and gooey and delicious and melts in your mouth.

It also squirts warm, melted whipped cream all over unsuspecting 17-year-olds and those around them.
20.gif

Moral of the story: Only fruit should go in a Nutella crepe. Anything else is a recipe for disaster.
LOL. Good advice, Princesss.

I am seriously craving nutella crepes now. I shall force FI to get them with me this week.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never had a sweet crepe. Only savory. Yummytastic.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll take one sweet and one savory, please.

Mmm. I miss Paris.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 4:56:06 PM
Author: Miscka
I''ll take one sweet and one savory, please.

Mmm. I miss Paris.
Me too!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for the wine, i need it ASAP.....

OMG, that sounds so good and normally i dont like things like that. Im guessing ill give up my sugar rule for a few days and have to find this and try it!!!! hmmmmm, i wonder if i could find it somewhere in the French Quater while on vaca......OMG....sounds soooo good
18.gif
....gosh, wasnt hungry, now i am....THANKS LADIES!!!

Side note.....im freaking out at work rigt now cuz im not done packing for the trip, and i still have so much to do before i leave, like pick up my paycheck, clean bathroom and bedroom, and kitty litter, o and did i mention pick up my paycheck

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So FI and I are going to try out some ice cream...octopus, black pepper, carrot cheesecake, rum and coke, celery lime, black truffle, foie gras or nori perhaps.

In Vegas. When we''re there to get married.

I am SO PUMPED.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 6:10:15 PM
Author: FrekeChild
So FI and I are going to try out some ice cream...octopus, black pepper, carrot cheesecake, rum and coke, celery lime, black truffle, foie gras or nori perhaps.

I am SO PUMPED.
Say WHAT?! Octopus ice cream?!?! I don''t know if I can get on board with that.
3.gif

My coworkers always find the most disgusting candy for us all to try. Octopus reminded me of the sea tangle we tried once. Like pickled fish in a fruit roll up form.
14.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 3:53:43 PM
Author: winelover23

ladypirate - I pretty much love all wine except for the super sweet white stuff! I am the luckiest winelover on the planet because Washington (state) seriously has the best wine EVER
2.gif
I mostly love a good red blend like a cab, merlot, syrah or a good stick to the sides of the glass cab. I have a group of about 10 friends that piles into my Dad''s motorhome and goes wine tasting for a weekend in April annually. Not only are Washington wines awesome IMHO but they are very reasonably priced. Some of my favorites are in the $6-$10 range. Let me know if you ever want a recommendation!
Winelover you''re in WA too?!? Me and Jcar (wherever she went) are on the eastside.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 6:10:15 PM

I am SO PUMPED.
Where and when are you getting Married in Vegas?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
January 9th, 2010. Mandalay Bay.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Ooooo...mandaly bay is super pretty. I was there a few weeks ago at the Spa. If you get a chance make an appointment there, you will like it. Its my favorite Spa.

I live in Vegas, and Jan. is nice here also, a bit chilly, but not bad

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah we''ve been there a lot. May, September, December twice, and August.

Do you know anything about Robert Cromeans?

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 6:54:00 PM
Yeah we''ve been there a lot. May, September, December twice, and August.

Do you know anything about Robert Cromeans?
August is kind of bad here...

Robert Cromeans....sounds familiar....Isnt that a salon...i heard its pretty good, i think my sister goes there for her cuts and colours....A bit pricey though

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah August sucks in Vegas. Never doing that again.

Robert Cromeans is a salon--at Mandalay. I''m thinking that my MOH and I might go get our hair and makeup done there. (I figure if we do it there, then we can charge it to the room--on my dad''s card. :razz: JK, I''ve budgeted!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results