clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 9:12:11 PM
Author: princesss

Date: 8/18/2009 6:10:28 PM
Author: Jessie702
Hey Ladies, just dropping in, to say HI. I miss all of my LIW, but work is super busy, been sick and trying to get ready for my vaca...woohoo....

I have left over ghetti...i shouldnt eat it cuz tummy is upset, but o well....gotta eat something......and yes i know carbs are bad, but its whole wheat pasta!
18.gif

Carbs are bad? I totally missed that memo. I looooooove carbs.
Ooooo, you missed the memo.....ill be sure to email it to you right away

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 9:13:56 PM

Hey Ladies, just dropping in, to say HI. I miss all of my LIW, but work is super busy, been sick and trying to get ready for my vaca...woohoo....

I have left over ghetti...i shouldnt eat it cuz tummy is upset, but o well....gotta eat something......and yes i know carbs are bad, but its whole wheat pasta!
18.gif

LOL, you do that! Seriously, I do not believe in giving up food. If I like it, I''m going to eat it. I might have to eat smaller portions, but if I want it, I''m going to eat it. Cutting out carbs would hurt my soul!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 9:33:35 PM

18.gif

LOL, you do that! Seriously, I do not believe in giving up food. If I like it, I''m going to eat it. I might have to eat smaller portions, but if I want it, I''m going to eat it. Cutting out carbs would hurt my soul!
true, but i think sometimes certain things do have to be given up....

ick....getting closer to vaca....im so trying to not think about the BF proposing.....but its getting harder. My coworker mentioned it today and i was like "uggggghhhh"....there goes all of my hard work of nothing thinking about it. Dont you hate it when that happens.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 9:39:02 PM

18.gif

ick....getting closer to vaca....im so trying to not think about the BF proposing.....but its getting harder. My coworker mentioned it today and i was like ''uggggghhhh''....there goes all of my hard work of nothing thinking about it. Dont you hate it when that happens.

You''re going to have to tell me what needs to get cut out, because I just plain don''t believe it!
2.gif

I do hate when you''re trying to keep your mind off of something and then somebody just haaaas to say something.
20.gif
It''s like, yeah, thanks for reminding me, I totally haven''t been thinking about that for the past 3 months!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 9:42:10 PM

Date: 8/18/2009 9:39:02 PM

18.gif

ick....getting closer to vaca....im so trying to not think about the BF proposing.....but its getting harder. My coworker mentioned it today and i was like ''uggggghhhh''....there goes all of my hard work of nothing thinking about it. Dont you hate it when that happens.

You''re going to have to tell me what needs to get cut out, because I just plain don''t believe it!
2.gif

I do hate when you''re trying to keep your mind off of something and then somebody just haaaas to say something.
20.gif
It''s like, yeah, thanks for reminding me, I totally haven''t been thinking about that for the past 3 months!
Well for me, i try to cut out breads, and pastas and candy and anything that is a refined sugar. I dont drink any sodas and have natural juices.....sometimes it sucks, but its okay......i suppose...
20.gif
.....no it really is, if i eat bad, my body goes all crazy and i feel like crap

Hahaha, SERIOUSLY!!Espically for LIW!!! Its like now im gonna start obessing over it!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Man, I would not be able to cut that stuff out. I''m a crabby miss without sugar. I don''t drink anything but milk and water (I did cut out soda at my dentist''s insistence), but if I don''t get something sweet each day I get
29.gif
. It''s all just been learning how to control what and how much I eat.

And yeah, I get anxious about a few things, but mostly it''s when BF and I have been separated and I''m about to see him. "Oh, you must be so excited!" Well, yeah. But I was getting work done, and now I''m off in la-la land daydreaming about it, thanks.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I''m with you Princesss! I don''t eat/drink high fructose corn syrup, but for the most part I am a firm believer in giving my body what it wants. We eat a lot of bread/pasta/rice in this house and really, we''re pretty darn healthy. It''s just a matter of eating in moderation.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 10:15:22 PM
Author: ladypirate
I''m with you Princesss! I don''t eat/drink high fructose corn syrup, but for the most part I am a firm believer in giving my body what it wants. We eat a lot of bread/pasta/rice in this house and really, we''re pretty darn healthy. It''s just a matter of eating in moderation.
O dont get me wrong, were healthy here....but ive notice i feel better with less refined sugar in my diet....personally....hey Lady, how is the wedding planning comming along?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
So, I''m feeling stuck.

BF and I are not happy here in our city. There are no jobs available in our city. We don''t have too many friends in our city. We are generally frustrated with life.

There are many jobs available in one of our top cities of choice. We could move relatively easily and be close to his family and many of our friends. I just saw a listing for a job that would be a great fit for me at considerably more than I am making now. It seems like it should be an easy choice, right?

HOWEVER, I am currently living in and taking care of a house my parents bought. In part they bought it because I had said I was going to live here for a while, and I could take care of it. We just closed in April. I''ve only been at my job a little over a year, but I want out of my job and out of the industry. I do have job stability. BF is a waiter, and would much rather be employed doing something useful...or even just something with health insurance.

What would you do? I''m torn between talking to my parents and trying to apply for things, and just toughing it out here without saying anything. I really have no idea what to do, all I know is we''re both unhappy here and if we could get jobs in this new city we''d be a lot happier. But I really don''t want to screw my parents over, you know?

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
hmmmm this is diffcult princess, on one side you want to be responsible to the commiments you have made, but than on one side you want something better. I would say talk to you parent and see about renting the house out, if you get the other job. That way the payment is being made and not comming out of your parents pocket. Maybe charge a little over what is needed for maintence and as security, just in case something should happen.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Well, I am talking to my mom right now, and she says, "We free you of your house prison. Be free little bird!" (Love you, Mama!)

So I think that clears up my mind a little bit. I think I want to tough it out a few more months and get my finances in order, but I am feeling much better about this...

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
O good, i am so happy for you, like i said, maybe rent it out, ya never know if you want to keep it and have a house or two, l;ike my bf......

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 12:23:21 AM
Well, I am talking to my mom right now, and she says, ''We free you of your house prison. Be free little bird!'' (Love you, Mama!)

So I think that clears up my mind a little bit. I think I want to tough it out a few more months and get my finances in order, but I am feeling much better about this...
Glad your mom was supportive! I figured she would be. Moms are cool like that.
2.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 10:39:25 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 8/19/2009 12:23:21 AM
Well, I am talking to my mom right now, and she says, ''We free you of your house prison. Be free little bird!'' (Love you, Mama!)

Glad your mom was supportive! I figured she would be. Moms are cool like that.
2.gif
Yeah. I just get stressed out when I feel like I''m letting them down and/or breaking a commitment, so it''s nice to kind of have the freedom to look around and see what''s out there.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Ack. I''m having crazy PMS cravings right now. Enough so that I''m thinking I should just run to Rite-Aid instead of eating lunch and get the foods I''m craving because it''s cheaper and easier. Seriously. It''s like the PMS monster is running rampant through my body and I have no control over it. Normally I''m only like this one day every two months, but this is nuts. I can feel it running through my veins!!!!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
LOL no WAY I could give up carbs, there would go my two favorite food groups, Italian and Asian. Nooooooo!!!!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 11:19:05 AM
Author: sunnyd

LOL no WAY I could give up carbs, there would go my two favorite food groups, Italian and Asian. Nooooooo!!!!!!
HAhaa, somebody told me one time I should only eat brown rice. I know it''s healthier, but seriously...I grew up in Southeast Asia. I won''t give my Jasmine rice up for ANYTHING!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Princesss that''s great your mom is "letting you go". (<-- just for you
3.gif
) Sounds like a good opportunity to leave!

My current fear: We''re currently renting a place from an owner who couldn''t sell. We''ve been here almost 2 years; our lease is up on Halloween...1 week before the wedding. Not good planning I guess, haha! Around this time last year is when they asked us to stay another year. We''re cool staying here because we''re not ready to buy, but if they plan to sell, yikes!! How could we move a few weeks before? All of our cash is being used for the wedding, so a first/last/deposit would not be feasible. Oy.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 11:20:31 AM

Date: 8/19/2009 11:19:05 AM

HAhaa, somebody told me one time I should only eat brown rice. I know it''s healthier, but seriously...I grew up in Southeast Asia. I won''t give my Jasmine rice up for ANYTHING!
No way! Brown rice should not be allowed with Asian food. It can''t even touch it.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
What... I love brown rice! Not as much as white but still

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Jasmine Rice is good, my best friend is Thai and Kenyan.....so i know all about the Jasmine rice, Spicy Beef salad and Kobei Ribs.....mmmmmmm
18.gif
BUT i do like brown rice too.....its not too bad with a little soysauce....but thats my solution to being able to eat everything......soysauce and ranch! I put soysauce on my rice,noodles,in soup, certain meats.....but ranch is for everything else. My BF thinks its sickening how much i love it for fries, if i have them,meats,salad,chicken.....pretty much everything! LoL...He will order my meal and forget the ranch and i ggive him the "what the hell about my face"look and than he makes sure they bring me a side of it.....lol.....

O BTW MORNING LADIES
24.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I can''t do soy sauce. Too salty for me! Even the low sodium is sodium filled. FI did get me started with ranch with pizza. I still don''t understand it, but it''s good.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 11:51:32 AM
I can''t do soy sauce. Too salty for me! Even the low sodium is sodium filled. FI did get me started with ranch with pizza. I still don''t understand it, but it''s good.
I can''t stand soy sauce unless I''m on my period.
20.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 11:52:16 AM

20.gif

WHAT!? ladies ladies... I think I have issues with sodium, I cant get enough of it.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
OMG....Ranch with Pizza is the BEST! its like the ranch bring out the flavor of the pizza but than adds a nice twist to it. Seriously though, ranch adds a new twist to every meal....okay, thats so lame, it sounds like a commercial.

SoySauce IS salty, but still pretty tasty. You sound like my BF he cant take anything thats too satly, or too sweet or too spicy. He has really senstive taste buds, so i cant get very creative with flavors.
38.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
ohhhhhh rice. How I love it. I love brown, jasmine, or saffron. White, not so much.

Sunny I love ranch and pizza. yummmmmmmmmm. There is a place here that will deliver until like 4am (read: post bar hopping food) and their cheese sticks with ranch sauce are a local legend. So good.

You guys are making me hungry.

Elle, are you around? I have a dress q for ya if so...

Princesss, woot! Where are you looking? You live in my all-time fave state, I must say. Sorry you don''t love it. We are thinking of a huge move in the spring as well. It is scary as heck but exciting!

Ckrickett...will you eat salty stuff with sweet stuff? I love sodium that way!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 11:53:40 AM
Author: ckrickett

Date: 8/19/2009 11:52:16 AM

20.gif

WHAT!? ladies ladies... I think I have issues with sodium, I cant get enough of it.

Hahaha I do like salt! But something about the taste is just not good unless I''m period-ing.

I should start drinking it! My doctor keeps telling me to increase salt for my low blood pressure.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I should add that I hate Ranch in any other context...on a salad, as a dip
14.gif
, just with pizza!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 11:56:57 AM
Author: Miscka
ohhhhhh rice. How I love it. I love brown, jasmine, or saffron. White, not so much.

Sunny I love ranch and pizza. yummmmmmmmmm. There is a place here that will deliver until like 4am (read: post bar hopping food) and their cheese sticks with ranch sauce are a local legend. So good.

Princesss, woot! Where are you looking? You live in my all-time fave state, I must say. Sorry you don''t love it. We are thinking of a huge move in the spring as well. It is scary as heck but exciting!

I''m heeere!
35.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 11:58:07 AM
Date: 8/19/2009 11:56:57 AM

Author: Miscka

I''m heeere!
35.gif

Sweet! So, you have a sweetheart neckline...what necklace are you wearing, if you are wearing one? I am seriously struggling and have like no time to decide (long story).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results