shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
gammygam » 10 Feb 2012 03:26
Backstory: My SO and I had been looking at stones for months. The poor guy had been dragged to countless of jewelry stores with me. I had been engaged previously, back in 2005-2006 and that's when I found PS. Things didn't work out but, my love of jewelry continued. When the time came to look at rings and diamonds, I took him to see many, many diamonds. The problem was, he liked rounds the best. I've also been told countless of times by jewelers that rounds keep the best value, etc. And, finally after dragging him to Harry Winston and trying on every single shape, I realized that I loved pears. He loved the shape on me as well, thankfully. I felt such a relief. I was very indifferent to the majority of shapes.

Then, there was the problem of a setting. I was so sure that I 1) didn't want a halo 2) wanted it to be like a work of art and 3) be very unique. I was very, very fortunate that I have known my local "jeweler" here for awhile. I use the term "jeweler" because he is a jeweler, but not a true retailer at all. In fact, the majority of his work comes from Van Cleef and Arpels, (he's the only authorized repair person on the West Coast) and Neiman Marcus, along with various other high end jewelry stores that either contract him or use him for repairs. As a testament to how amazing he is, I've seen him resize eternity bands that no other jeweler would touch. He also has a fabulous private collection of colored gems. I had always admired paraibas on PS but, had never seen one in real life. He very kindly showed me his paraiba collection along with some other very rare gems and I instantly fell in lust. Unfortunately, after discussing with my SO, he didn't like the idea of me having a colored stone at all. Sigh, I would have settled for a magnificent sapphire as well.

My jeweler made a few phone calls to various diamond dealers and alas, none of them had any well cut pears (I was looking for 2.5+ colorless). His final call he made on my behalf was to his contact at JB Star and he recommended no other than this 2 carat D-SI2. I wasn't sure about the setting at all in the online pictures, it looked so bulky and the paraibas looked very washed out. Well, it arrived and before it was even on my finger to try, I knew it was the one! Honestly, I've never seen another pear like this. Even the pears I tried on at Tiffany's, Cartier and HW had much bigger bowties than this and had less of a radiant appearance (yes, my 2nd choice of stone would have been a radiant, I'm not a classic girl at all hehe). Well, without further ado, here are the pictures that I have that will have to keep me company until he proposes...I hope he doesn't make me wait too long!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jb-star-2-01-d-si2-with-paraiba-sidestones.171686/

Attachments

• gammy.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 3,045

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ihy138 » 09 Feb 2012 23:49
Hi all!!

I got in my .91 OEC today set in a white gold fishtail prong setting by Amcor Designs. It's a gorgeous stone....both eye and loupe clean. My jeweler said it could be a vvs2. She also said the color is pretty high for an OEC...a low I or high J. I love the simplicity of the setting. It's well made and I had a good experience with the company. I also included comparison shots with my 1.5 (J, SI2) center stone halo e-ring and .74 (F, SI2) center three stone halo ring.

Enjoy! I know my camera (and skills) are not the best. Please humor me!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-oec-ring.171680/

Attachments

• ihy.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 3,040

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
JsXtreme01 » 10 Feb 2012 13:23
Hello All,

The E-Ring I ordered from GOG will be delivered today! I can't wait to see my GF's face when I propose. Here are the shots provided by GOG. I will update with pictures of when I get it and hand shots. Thank you again to Sarah and Lynda at GOG. They were awesome during this process. But, a huge thank you to everyone who helped me here on Pricescope. You guys ROCK!!!!!

Diamond:
1.23 Solasfera Princess Cut
H Color
VS1 Clarity

Ring:
Gabriel & Co ENR6185
.32 TDW of princess cut diamonds

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...a-princess-gabriel-co-engagement-ring.171710/

js.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Attachments

• ms.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 2,513

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
WadeWilson » 12 Feb 2012 13:56
I said I'd be back and I am! Yesterday was a crazy day (in a good way). Did a surprise proposal at the end of a photoshoot at the park a friend was doing for us. My girlfriend had wanted updated photos of us together and it was perfect timing on our 2 year anniversary, now she'll have pictures of when I proposed when our friend gets them edited. We ended the day with a nice dinner at Ruth's Chris, place is always good to us. Thanks again everyone for the feedback!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-found-the-right-engagement-ring.171260/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-found-the-right-engagement-ring.171260/[/URL]

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-back-and-she-said-yes.171780/

wade.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
luckky » 10 Feb 2012 23:46
Not that long just 4 weeks but seems FOREVER for me LOL missing my baby every single day but never want to rush a perfection and I guess SK probably very busy and guess what I got in my mail box today?? Here it is my SK reset of my 1.5 ct. AGS0 H VS1in 18K YG and gosh...can't thank you enough to Steven how sweet and kind of him to reset my ring and I really over the moon with it can't wait to see my baby on next Monday. He is amazing to work with even my work it's not that complicated but I don't have to say much to get exactly what I expected. Oh....so much wonderful things about him has been said already on PS, I couldn't agree more! and I wouldn't hesitate to get back to him on my next project.

Thank you all friends in PS for such informative info and special thanks to Gypsy for such inspired and that really help me to get some courage to contact SK and BIG THANKS to my DH that soooo...sweet to let me do what is make me happy (that's what he really said) Will be back with a hand shot next Monday!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/after-ive-been-waiting-and-waiting.171733/

Attachments

• luckky.bmp
    658.2 KB · Views: 2,502

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy » 12 Feb 2012 01:42
The budget: $1750 for three rings.

The story:
September 2010 DH's friend came to me for an engagement ring for his lady. Budget was 1000. He told me he wanted a three stone and that she loves blue. So I reached out to Simply Sapphires and after some emails with John Tolliver bought this beautiful sapphire 7.5x5.7x3.6mm 1.35 carat unheated stone: http://www.simplysapphires.com/html/imagesblue2006/bluecns269b-sm.html Luckily it was on sale and when I got it in... I fell in love! So I had a local jeweler order in a three stone setting from Stuller's colored stone settings (which are less pricey) that has two small diamonds on either side of the basket. Flush fit wasn't going to happen, so it was a sacrifice that was made. Ring squeaked under budget.

She LOVED it.

Fast forward several months. Wedding bells are ringing and the budget for two wedding bands is 750.

He wants tungsten but needs a half size and ebay only carries full sized (unless you want to pay too much). So... enter overstock. Their reviewers are very honest and this one had 5 stars across the board, plus it was under 60 bucks including shipping! Score.

That left a nice budget for her band. I sent her a ton of links, primarily from Gabriel and Company's stacker line because I had seen some of their stuff and liked the quality and when I priced it out at ID's site I was able to find a TON of options for her under budget. When I called Yekutiel he was totally on the ball, got the wedding date, gave me a guarantee the band (which was made to order) would be there and the transaction was smooth as silk.

When the band came in she was over the moon at what her budget had garnered her. I was so excited. When I saw the set on their wedding day (I had both wedding bands shipped directly to them) ... OMG, I was totally floored at how her rings looked made for each other.

She gets envious glances and compliments all the time for her elegant and unique set and is still thrilled.

Moral of the story: You can totally get beautiful engagement and wedding jewelry on a budget. It takes a combo of good vendors, luck, sacrifice and creativity. But it can happen!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...eautiful-engagement-and-wedding-rings.171767/

Attachments

• gypsy.bmp
    798.8 KB · Views: 2,506

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-i-color-si2-platinum-engagement-ring.171783/
Smith1940 » 12 Feb 2012 14:14
Hi: Here's my engagement ring. All info is in the title! When I received it, it had a six-prong basket setting which I felt overwhelmed the diamond, so I had it changed to my beloved bezel setting. In this case, a half-bezel. It's an amazing cut, so the photos don't really capture the sparkle. It's a size 6, on my 4.5 finger. I need to have it sized and in the meantime I wear a 1.5mm silver band over my wedding set to stop my wedding and engagement rings falling off. My wedding ring is a plain 2mm platinum band. I know this set isn't as "wow" as some, but I like the simplicity of a bezeled solitaire and plain band, as I wear a lot of black and navy, and I think it looks chic if not the biggest in town!

Attachments

• smith.bmp
    898.2 KB · Views: 2,503

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smith1940 » 12 Feb 2012 14:39
This bracelet is very special to me, as I bought it 22 years ago with some money that my grandparents had left me. I'm English and just moved to the US five years ago, so this is a piece handmade by a jeweler in an old jewelry quarter in my home town. It has little winding lanes and cobbled streets - very Dickensian! For those familiar with Harry Potter, the whole area looks like Diagon Alley. Anyway, this jeweler has some original Art Deco molds and he produces modern jewelry using those molds. So the jewelry is new, but the style is old. This bracelet reminds me both of home and my grandparents. It's gold and diamond - I don't know anything about the weight. It cost 550 pounds sterling 22 years ago. I have no idea what it's worth now!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/art-deco-inspired-english-gold-diamond-bracelet.171786/

Attachments

• smith1.bmp
    898.2 KB · Views: 2,512

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smith1940 » 12 Feb 2012 14:29
I love these. I got them from Hamilton Jewelers, $950 reduced to $660, I think. I was looking for something resembling Kate Middleton and Pippa Middleton's teardrop diamond earrings that they both wore on Kate's wedding day. Blue Nile has something very similar for almost $1500. I got lucky with these, I think, as they're reminiscent of the wedding earrings but cost a lot less. They're white gold and the total carat weight is 0.28. I had a huge amount of trouble taking earshots of these, so I'm afraid I gave up! Anyway, although they look dressy they are actually really quite small, less than half an inch, so they're another daily go-to piece that I can wear without seeming too flash, but which makes me feel good wearing them day-to-day because they're just a little bit fancy.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-beloved-diamond-teardrop-earrings.171785/

Attachments

• smith2.bmp
    898.2 KB · Views: 2,498

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smith1940 » 12 Feb 2012 14:23
I had a rose gold scatter ring made for me by a local jeweler. It was a real journey. The lesson: there's not many of them around! I got quotes from BGD and WF but the local jeweler gave me greater diamond weight for less money. So, this is a 4mm comfort fit ring, with 13 0.02 diamonds, F/G, ctw 0.26, for $640. The finish is matte to make the diamonds pop. This is a real go-to piece that I wear on my right hand most days. It's subtle, and the rose color is a gentle pinky-beige.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rose-gold-diamond-scatter-ring.171784/

Attachments

• smith3.bmp
    898.2 KB · Views: 2,520

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smith1940 » 12 Feb 2012 14:03
I've finally found how to do close-up with my husband's camera! Stand by for some bling posts!

Here is one of my favorite rings. It's a 2-carat marquise amethyst surrounded by 0.15 (I think) diamonds. The diamonds are very sparkly and the amethyst is deep. It's a long ratio of estimated 2.15-ish, which I like because I find that shape elegant. I absolutely love this ring, and it gets a lot of compliments. It cost $580 including tax from a local jeweler in recent years, which I thought was quite a good price. It's a size 5.5 on my left finger which is a 4.5. I usually wear it on my right, which is a size 5.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-carat-marquise-amethyst-and-diamond-ring.171781/

Attachments

• smith4.bmp
    898.2 KB · Views: 2,508

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rally1 » 12 Feb 2012 02:25
Hi All,

Just wanted to give back to the site and post some pics of my new e-ring. Here are the stats:

Cushion Modified Brilliant
2.01 ct
F
SI1
Excellent Polish
Excellent Symmetry
7.16 x 6.73 x 4.76
No Fluorescence

The setting is a custom made split shank with a micropave halo.

Thanks to all of you who helped along the way!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-cushion-cut-engagement-ring.171770/

Attachments

• rally.bmp
    673.2 KB · Views: 2,505

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
FrekeChild » 11 Feb 2012 19:01
A thank you to EricaR, Loriken and Daniel M. Erica supplied the baguettes, Loriken supplied the spinel, and Daniel M provided the metalwork and the little round diamonds

And a special thank you to Gene Flanigan of Precision Gem.

What he said:

Gem 987 - Spinel - 2.28 ct. A lilac pink stone from Tanzania, cut in my Star 80 design but with the girdle spun round. This stone measure 8 mm.
Color: 8 Clarity: 9 Brilliance: 5
Total Quality Rating: 9.0

Size 6.5.

I know pretty much nothing about the diamonds except that the baguettes came from an ugly 80s setting that Erica found on ebay.

I love this ring.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...le-spinel-in-antique-inspired-setting.171756/

Attachments

• freke1.bmp
    811.9 KB · Views: 4,773

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
goffgirl » 12 Feb 2012 15:09
DH and I are fast approaching our 20th wedding anniversary and I begged him for a diamond. My original ering was a 1/3ct sapphire with 2 point diamond sides. He was a poor grad student and I was fresh out of college, so of course, not much money was to be had. But I loved the sapphire all the same.
So, fast forward to 2012, and I'm ready to upgrade to this 1.22ct fancy yellow diamond in a Ritani setting. I love colored stones, so the fancy yellow was an easy sell for me. Thanks to PS for allowing me to show off my bling!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-fyc-diamond-ring.171787/

goff.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
nararabbit » 10 Feb 2012 20:

Here is the finished ring, in all its amazing glory... (Hand shots to follow, I promise! The diamond is an F VS2 Excellent/Ideal cut from James Allen. I know Kenny loves asschers so I am curious to see what he thinks especially. I think I did pretty well for my first real fancy shape diamond buy.

It's a surprise. I got him a ring box that looks like a toad made of enamel, as he loves lizards, frogs, etc. So I will surprise him w/ that come Valentine's, along with flowers, a couples massage, and dinner at a nice restaurant.

(Did I mention we've been together 5 years and are 10x more in love than when we began? I know, gag me! )

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...gold-mens-ring-w-asscher.171727/#post-3124842

nara.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
nararabbit » 10 Feb 2012 20:

Here is the finished ring, in all its amazing glory... (Hand shots to follow, I promise! The diamond is an F VS2 Excellent/Ideal cut from James Allen. I know Kenny loves asschers so I am curious to see what he thinks especially. I think I did pretty well for my first real fancy shape diamond buy.

It's a surprise. I got him a ring box that looks like a toad made of enamel, as he loves lizards, frogs, etc. So I will surprise him w/ that come Valentine's, along with flowers, a couples massage, and dinner at a nice restaurant.

(Did I mention we've been together 5 years and are 10x more in love than when we began? I know, gag me! )

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/evans-steampunk-rose-gold-mens-ring-w-asscher.171727/#post-3124842']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/evans-steampunk-rose-gold-mens-ring-w-asscher.171727/#post-3124842[/URL]

nara.jpg

mrsdiamond

Rough_Rock
Amys Bling - I LOVE that eternity band, its so elegant. Can you tell me what size the stones are and how many mm wide the band is? That is just what I have been looking for to pair with my 1ct solitaire (hopefully soon to be a 2ct). :D

Was it custom made?

Thanks

mrsdiamond

Rough_Rock
I have just noticed that its not you ring Amy.. Sorry I am new to PS just getting used to how it works :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's ok!!

msbibliotecaria

Rough_Rock
Here are some more pics of my E-ring. We officially got engaged on January 8th. Woo-hoo!!

My diamond is a 1.01 carat F color princess cut stone.

ring4_11.jpg
ring1_23.jpg
ring2_18.jpg
ring3_11.jpg
ring5_8.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
msbibliotecaria said:
Here are some more pics of my E-ring. We officially got engaged on January 8th. Woo-hoo!!

My diamond is a 1.01 carat F color princess cut stone.

ring4_11.jpg
ring1_23.jpg
ring2_18.jpg
ring3_11.jpg
ring5_8.jpg
beautiful!!

ChrisES

Shiny_Rock
I continue to try to improve my photographs of my girlfriend's soon-to-be ring.

Stone has a shallow crown (32 degrees) and deep pavilion (41.4 degrees) and is a .68 GIA VG D SI2 (eye clean).

Band is a simple knife edge with satining on alternate sides.

First three pictures are from my early attempts to take photos of it.

diffuse.JPG

fire.JPG

DSC01846.JPG

ChrisES

Shiny_Rock
Here's a photo from outdoors and one from my newest creation, a makeshift lightbox, which definitely shows some leakage (though I don't notice it when I'm not shining a light right at it).

DSC01872.JPG

DSC01888.JPG

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade » 15 Feb 2012 18:52
My original ering was purchased by my hubby, the proposal was a surprise so I had no input on the ring, and while I love the man to death and he has perfectly classic and respectable tastes, he spent about 5 minutes thinking about and picking a simple solitaire setting. It's what his mom has, which is what he went by, but my tastes are a little quirkier, so I always wanted a setting that was a little more unique and me.

I recently reset my ering diamond into the Van Crayenest setting, plat model 812. I thought I'd pair it with my Victor Canera band since I do love the mixed metal look, but it just didn't look right. Believe it or not, the Canera looked a bit bulky yet flat by comparison. Luckily for me, I was able to snag the Leon Mege eternity band from Jeaniefish, and I think it just goes wonderfully with the Ering. Both are delicate and architectural , and incredible examples of workmanship.

I am wearing a temp spacer which I dug out of my jewelry box, but I think it works well. I don't know if I'll get a platinum one just so it matches the other rings or just stick with this since I think it looks nice.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-set-van-craeynest-812-leon-mege-r835.171916/

Attachments

• making.bmp
    898.2 KB · Views: 3,456

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
reeniebeanie » 15 Feb 2012 15:43
After deciding that I wanted to upgrade my 80 point studs, I spent many hours searching through the pricescope site to try and decide what to get. I ended up getting a 1.6 ctw J VS2 ideal cut pair from blue nile. I decided on the GIA certs so that I could upgrade at a later date if I wanted. I also decided to prioritize the cut over the color. The J is plenty white for me, and I figured there was a good chance that a GIA J was probably just as white as a non-certed G or H. I was torn between those and a preset pair from ID Jewelry. I really wanted 2 ctw, but I totally love the earrings that I ended up with. I got platinum bezel settings.

These earrings are much livelier (and bigger!) than my previous pair.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-blue-nile-earrings.171906/

Attachments

• reenie.bmp
    487.8 KB · Views: 3,406

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
msbibliotecaria » 15 Feb 2012 00:56
Here is my beeeeautiful vintage platinum RHR with two .27 carat round brilliant diamonds (E color, VS1) and a center sapphire that is approximately .75 carat. It is marked Tiffany, but I have not had it verified with them (I hope to do so one day). I got a regular appraisal on it and I was very happy with the results, but I do want to have it looked at by Tiffany. It seems to me that this might be from the 1930's or so. I got it on Etsy from a jewelery dealer who got it at an estate sale from a wealthy family in the state of Washington (logging industry family). I love the sparkle and brilliance of the diamonds and the milgrain detail.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/vintage-tiffany-sapphire-and-diamond-rhr.171883/

msb.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results