shape
carat
color
clarity

2-Carat Marquise Amethyst and Diamond Ring

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
I've finally found how to do close-up with my husband's camera! Stand by for some bling posts!

Here is one of my favorite rings. It's a 2-carat marquise amethyst surrounded by 0.15 (I think) diamonds. The diamonds are very sparkly and the amethyst is deep. It's a long ratio of estimated 2.15-ish, which I like because I find that shape elegant. I absolutely love this ring, and it gets a lot of compliments. It cost $580 including tax from a local jeweler in recent years, which I thought was quite a good price. It's a size 5.5 on my left finger which is a 4.5. I usually wear it on my right, which is a size 5.

GEDC0308.JPG

GEDC0310.JPG

GEDC0311.JPG

GEDC0313.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful! I really like it in a marquise cut!

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! It is truly one of my favorite pieces - the sort of thing that you know you'll wear forever. I think the images are making it look wider than it is - it's more elongated in real life.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful!!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!! Aren't you just having a great jewelry year? :wink2: :D :appl:

I love the rich colour of this stone --- and the AMAZING pricing! Looks beautiful!

(where are you located? this sounds like some great jeweller you've found!)

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Enerchi! I didn't get it all in the last year though - I've only just discovered my husband's camera! I'm in Boston. I got my rose gold scatter ring from E.B. Horn, and the amethyst marquise from a Chinese jeweler downtown. The blue topaz /diamond earrings and the diamond teardrops are from the Hamilton Jewelers website, and the Art Deco diamond bangle was an inheritance 22 years ago. I do sometimes think about the money I've spent (!) but they were all good prices, I think, and especially the Hamilton topaz and diamond earrings. They were $650 reduced from $1300! I justify it by saying that I'll wear this stuff all my life and then hand it down. I have two little nieces....

I've got a Tiffany lapis and gold set of necklace and earrings to photograph, and Blue Nile signature studs, and a James Allen solitaire diamond pendant, and a Tiffany gold .12 DBTY pendant, but I can't as I have to work this afternoon!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had a great 3 days in Boston this summer, after a week at a Cape Cod cottage in Eastham. Sadly, couldn't convince DH to shop for jewelry with me (as IF!!!) but really loved our short time in the city. Stayed at the Westin Copley Square - great location for what we wanted to do.

Anyhow... Love your new (or at least "new to being posted") jewels! I don't think that money spent on something you enjoy is ever anything you'll regret. People buy cars, guns, property, exotic animals... we just happen to all love sparkle :halo:

... and you have the lovely intent to pass them along to 2 other young ladies who will hopefully also enjoy the stories behind them :appl:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Not at all what I was expecting to see when I clicked on this link, and boy am I pleasantly surprised! This is a stunning piece! :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! That's so beautiful!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I really like this! It reminds of a friend from HS ring, her grandmother gave her an amethyst with a gorgeous halo, but the amethyst looked faded so she had it recut and WOW :o It was a gorgeous deep purple similar to yours. I really loved her ring, and yours is stunning too!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really pretty!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love it!! Really pretty, looks lovely on your hand!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Well done, it is beautiful!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a really beautiful piece smith ::)

Enjoy it!!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: I love purple!!! :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results