shape
carat
color
clarity

New wedding set: Van Craeynest 812 + Leon Mege r835

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My original ering was purchased by my hubby, the proposal was a surprise so I had no input on the ring, and while I love the man to death and he has perfectly classic and respectable tastes, he spent about 5 minutes thinking about and picking a simple solitaire setting. It's what his mom has, which is what he went by, but my tastes are a little quirkier, so I always wanted a setting that was a little more unique and me.

I recently reset my ering diamond into the Van Crayenest setting, plat model 812. I thought I'd pair it with my Victor Canera band since I do love the mixed metal look, but it just didn't look right. Believe it or not, the Canera looked a bit bulky yet flat by comparison. Luckily for me, I was able to snag the Leon Mege eternity band from Jeaniefish, and I think it just goes wonderfully with the Ering. Both are delicate and architectural , and incredible examples of workmanship.

I am wearing a temp spacer which I dug out of my jewelry box, but I think it works well. I don't know if I'll get a platinum one just so it matches the other rings or just stick with this since I think it looks nice.

Also, for those of you who own 3 sided pave from Leon, I'd love to see the spacers you wear with it! And how do you clean yours? I'm guessing ultrasonic is too rough for the micropave?

And now onto pictures!

IMG_0253.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

IMG_0336.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
it's beautiful! I think your set looks perfect :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, double post, I'm having some PS issues with my pics...

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ahhh! Those are to die for! What are the specs on the center stone, if you don't mind? :appl: :love:

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know much about pave cleaning but wow, you set is beautiful!!

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!!! :love: :appl:

I really love the mix of antique-y elegance of the VC and the more contemporary sparkle of the Leon. Just lovely!!!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
those look completely fab together! I love VC!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect set. All 3 look great together. :appl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last two!
I couldn't get the macro shot I wanted since I lost my camera so there were all via iphone. Sorry!

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0439.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ihy138|1329347044|3126977 said:
Ahhh! Those are to die for! What are the specs on the center stone, if you don't mind? :appl: :love:

Thanks!
The diamond is .9ct, F, VS1, 6.2mm Ex/Ex/Ex

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings look spectacular and your pictures are wonderful! Love those rings together - they just look fabulous!! :love:

Enjoy!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here was the VC was Victor Canera. I think the VC is 1.8mm, and the Victor canera is 2mm. The Leon is 1.8mm.

file.jpg
file.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is incredible!!! :love: :love: :cheeky:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone!

Do you guys think a 1mm spacer might look better?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, such a great look.

I think a spacer that is the same *height* as the other two rings, perhaps with a double line of milgrain on it, would be the best match. The set looks good stacked, so no need to look for something too thin.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, what a gorgeous set! I love that VC setting and the Leon is gorgeous too! I agree with Dreamer about the spacer...it needs to be the same height as the other rings so it just blends and doesn't detract from the beauty of the rings (although I like what you already have with it too)....

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Set MTG, I am glad you got to upgrade! I love VC, and that setting is just perfect on you.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS set!! :love: :love: :love:
I don't think a spacer would enhance anything - I think it is perfect the way it is and the temp spacer is lovely and detailed like your VC, so IMO, I'd stick with what you have shown us. The pave WB is amazing!

(but... who are we to stand in the way of a jewellry purchase if you'd like another platinum ring!!! :naughty: )

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1329350123|3127038 said:
I love it, such a great look.

I think a spacer that is the same *height* as the other two rings, perhaps with a double line of milgrain on it, would be the best match. The set looks good stacked, so no need to look for something too thin.

Completely agree, the height is the most important part.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your set is EXQUISITE!!! :love: :cheeky: :appl: ('nuff said!)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm..the height might be difficult to match since both are taller than you'd expect for something of that width. I might go to the local jeweler to try out some things...Or has them to measure the height for me with the calipers.

Also, no matter what, the spacer wouldn't sit flush with the VC anyways since the head is inset into the band so there's a little bump. I don't really mind, but there will always be a little space there regardless of how uniform in height the spacer is.

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Awesome reset! I love Van Craeynest :love:

FairieMoon79

Shiny_Rock
Love, love, love your set! Antiquey, yet modern, blingy, beautiful!
I think the current band looks gorgeous I wouldnt change a thing!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your reset! It's so sparkly and pretty!! Beautiful!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1329346782|3126969 said:

I absolutely love love love your set! I love the van craeynest setting with the plain band and then with the Leon Mege pave band = perfection!!!! Contrats! It's stunning!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results