shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Madam Bijoux » 21 Feb 2012 11:35
I took this picture in the Apple store. The lighting doesn't help much, but it's a half decent closeup of Old Miss Evil (from T & Co, 1.42 carats. D color)

Attachments

• madam.bmp
    791.1 KB · Views: 3,679

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
elliemay » 21 Feb 2012 12:41
The engagement ring has a 5mm centre stone with 3mm sidestones, so I estimate that at about 70 points total, and the wedding band has two 2.5mm stones and four stones just shy of 3mm, so about 50 points total (?).

His future fiancee' wears a size 5 ring, so there's a lot of finger presence and I think she'll be thrilled with his choice. I just think the rings are adorable, especially as they're so small -- I wear a size 9 so these eensy weensy little rings are like Barbie rings to me!

I know buying non-certificated stones from a pawn shop will horrify many PSers, but I had to respect my brother's choice. Neither he nor his girlfriend know/care anything about diamonds, so finding something pretty and sparkly was pretty much the only criteria. I just did my best to help him avoid buying a dud!

The shop was selling the engagement ring for $599 and the band for $199, so $798 total, which I thought was a pretty good deal. After the family discount, he paid $600 total, which I thought was a fantastic deal as these stones all face up very white and are eye clean. My main objective was to make sure he didn't go into Zales and pay $3500 for $600-worth of rings, so if he paid $600 for $600-worth of rings, that's fine by me!

My pics aren't the best as I can't capture the fire from the stones -- they're so sparkly!

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/sh...st-adorable-rings-i-ve-ever-seen-t172137.html

ellie.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Attached » 22 Feb 2012 14:15
She and my grandpa have worked hard all of their lives to give their nine children the best life they possibly can. All of whom have them to thank for their survival in Cambodia's concentration camps... like in the movie "The Killing Fields"... and their present success. My aunts and uncles are all successful entrepreneurs, which means they can provide only the best for their own children. My grandparents have twenty-two grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. According to them, they wanted to make sure that their grandchildren has something to remember them by if something were to happen to them, so we went to the jewelry store, not all at once of course, and picked out a ring to have a half carat diamond set. I wear mines as a right hand ring. This is what I chose... I feel so spoiled!!! I'm hoping we have a family reunion soon so I can get a picture of all of our hands to show what we each chose.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/grandparents-gift-to-me.172182/

Attachments

• attached.bmp
    527.2 KB · Views: 3,273

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
AllieLuv83 » 22 Feb 2012 19:48
I wanted to update you all on my ring. I decided on a GIA, 1.50ct L, SI1 with strong blue, Excellent cut diamond. It is set in a white gold solitaire setting made by Henri Deussi. I reached out to a few vendors here on PS, in search of a diamond. I am so glad to have this type of community to work with. Yekutiel really extended himself to find this for me. I compared the GIA L to an GIA J with a medium blue that was overnighted to me and I could not see a visible color difference between the two.

Overall I am very happy. Yes it is definitely and L and definitely warm in some lighting (in my school under the overhead lights) but it sparkles like CRAZY!!!! I went through many stones until settling on this one. Yekutiel was super sweet to work with, he really searched for something that worked for me. He promised me that the stone would be 1000% clean and I can't see a single thing, even with my eagle eye!

I have been getting many compliments on how sparkly it is, and I am very proud to wear it.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/idj-ring-update.172191/

Attachments

• allie.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 3,222

TahiriVeila

Rough_Rock
This is my mom's engagement ring. I thought I'd share it since it's custom. It's been beat up pretty bad since she works with her hands a lot, but I still think it's lovely.

Center stone: G, VS1, somewhere around 1/3 ct.
Side stones: H, VS1, not too sure of the weight

From Solid Gold Inc. in Easley, SC

one.jpg

two.jpg

three.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
TahiriVeila said:
This is my mom's engagement ring. I thought I'd share it since it's custom. It's been beat up pretty bad since she works with her hands a lot, but I still think it's lovely.

Center stone: G, VS1, somewhere around 1/3 ct.
Side stones: H, VS1, not too sure of the weight

From Solid Gold Inc. in Easley, SC
lovely- is that marquise or pear

TahiriVeila

Rough_Rock
Amys Bling|1329992701|3132331 said:

It's a marquis. It looks a little pear-ish in the photos because one of the prongs is tighter than the other since she hits her ring on things all the time. She's really violent with her jewelry.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
TahiriVeila said:
Amys Bling|1329992701|3132331 said:

It's a marquis. It looks a little pear-ish in the photos because one of the prongs is tighter than the other since she hits her ring on things all the time. She's really violent with her jewelry.
:)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsRdb » 23 Feb 2012 00:55
Hi

I've certainly been lurking the site for some time as this is my first post So excited to show off my "upgrade". I've been married so-to-be 7 years this May and my hubby let me upgrade to a 3.11 ct from a .45ct !!!! A Huge difference I'll tell you! p.s. I was able to design the ring myself!

Details:

Round Brilliant, 3.11ct, EGL Ideal, D, S12, SL. Thick Faceted, Fluorescence: None

Ring Size: 8 (have to re-size as I'm losing weight!

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/sh...-2-3-carat-center-stones-here-t31514-390.html

Attachments

• mrsRD.bmp
    798.8 KB · Views: 2,944

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
cellentani » 23 Feb 2012 18:33
So as I mentioned earlier, most of my trips to the diamond district are centered around finding settings for colored stones, and wouldn't you know it - IDJ had the most beautiful, delicate halo setting that happened to fit one of my stones. The 2.83ct Uruguay amethyst is 9x9mm and faceted by Gary Braun, and the delicious prongs were done by IDJ - both are exquisite and I couldn't be more pleased! For colored stones,finding a setting is only half the battle - a skilled bench can be even more elusive, and I'm very impressed with IDJ's.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...re-new-jackets-setting-plus-eye-candy.172216/

Attachments

• cella.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 2,805

PrincessCath

Shiny_Rock
Amys Bling|1330038069|3132779 said:
So as I mentioned earlier, most of my trips to the diamond district are centered around finding settings for colored stones, and wouldn't you know it - IDJ had the most beautiful, delicate halo setting that happened to fit one of my stones. The 2.83ct Uruguay amethyst is 9x9mm and faceted by Gary Braun, and the delicious prongs were done by IDJ - both are exquisite and I couldn't be more pleased! For colored stones,finding a setting is only half the battle - a skilled bench can be even more elusive, and I'm very impressed with IDJ's.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...re-new-jackets-setting-plus-eye-candy.172216/
:love: :love: :love: !

sushi

Shiny_Rock

Thats stunning Amy! I love amethyst. what a beautiful rich colour! Im quite jealous! :)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don't like halos but man o man that center stone amy is to die for!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
sushi|1330104286|3133415 said:

Thats stunning Amy! I love amethyst. what a beautiful rich colour! Im quite jealous! :)

it belongs to Cellentani :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
DiamondsOnly » 25 Feb 2012 21:15
A couple weeks ago I posted in RT about my custom wedding band I was having made and it was done ahead of schedule.

Here is what I psoted in RT

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-does-a-05-diamond-look-like-in-real-life.171775/#post-3124604#p3124604']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-does-a-05-diamond-look-like-in-real-life.171775/#post-3124604#p3124604[/URL]

I am more than pleased with how it turned out and am SO glad that my friend referred me to this jeweler. It is a 14k white gold band, 1/2 carat, H color, SI.....I have the appraisal paperwork being mailed, but the specs are very similar to my e-ring. I have a few more months until I can offically wear it. sniff sniff

Here are pictures as promised......

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wedding-band-is-here.172353/

Attachments

• donly.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 6,389

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Clairitek » 28 Feb 2012 15:52
Wow! That title is a mouth-full!

I just received my 30th birthday gift to myself in the mail. Well, it happened to arrive near my birthday but I've been working on this thing for a while now (close to a year), so we can call it my gift to myself.

It all started when I fell in love with Anne's BGD Nightingale ring. That SMTR thread is probably one of my most visited. I resolved to get myself a tiny twin to that ring but after searching for modern RBs I was discouraged by how long it would take me to save for it. Then I started toying with going antique but the task of searching for matching (or closely enough matched for my taste) antique stones on eBay, DB, and other second-hand sources just overwhelmed me.

Then one day I logged on to Diamond Bistro and came across a set of three stones, two matched in facets and then one larger that also matched well with the other two. Our lovely Upgradable was clearing out her stash so I immediately messaged her about them. A few days later then were in my hands and the project had begun!

Fairly quickly after that I found the center stone on eBay. While it is quite a bit warmer than the other stones I couldn't bear to return it due to the beauty of the faceting. It actually has a big black inclusion right over the culet and just barely under the table but the performance of the diamond totally distracted me from this fact.

The last stone was purchased locally in San Jose from Joe Escobar when I was visited with two other PSers (B.E.G. and StarSparkle).

After sourcing all of the stones (from March-November) I collected quotes for the setting. I pinged PS vendors, my local bench, and another jeweler across the country. I ended up going with Hunt Country in VA (our dear Kelpie introduced me to them) and the service I received was wonderful. Communication was excellent and the project was completed on time! I would work with them again in a heartbeat.

The total weight is a hair over 2 carats. The main stone measures about 5.3 mm x 5.1. The two pairs are 4 mm and 3 mm. It is a size 5.75 but it is a smaller 5.5, I think. So it is on my size 5.25-5.5 left hand for now.

ETA: The color grades range from I to M and I am not sure what clarity they were graded to have (beyond the keystone, which I'm 100% positive is an I1 due to the carbon spot). I can tell the difference in colors for sure but it doesn't bother me. I was going for similarity in shape and faceting over color. It is set in 18 kt unplated white gold.

Many many thanks to Upgradable for helping me find the first 4 stones. I bombarded her with endless emails in the beginning talking about this stone and that stone. This wouldn't have happened without her help.

Now, on to the pictures!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...five-stone-ring-with-antique-diamonds.172462/

Attachments

• ctek.bmp
    628.2 KB · Views: 6,789

golfnut

Rough_Rock
excited to show everyone my now-fiance's engagement ring! she loves it! here it is..

golfnut

Rough_Rock
might help if i added the pictures... :)

403324_10151329473215203_841115202_22812975_254036175_n.jpg

403194_10151336963645203_841115202_22845115_1679303745_n.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Golfnut, her ring is just gorgeous!! Congratulations! :appl:

3PO

Rough_Rock
my E-ring ...=)

ring.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
golfnut|1330487777|3136976 said:
might help if i added the pictures... :)

Beautiful! Congrats! Can we get stats :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sparkly_Girl » 29 Feb 2012 17:05
Hi All,

Well... I finally got it! My bee-yoo-tee-ful Oscar Heyman engagement/wedding ring! I haven't posted pictures yet because I can't seem to get any really good pictures, despite following the directions in "how to take good pictures of your diamonds" and using 3 different cameras and 2 different phones. Sigh. Anyway, I didn't want to wait any longer, so I'm going to post them anyway.

Back story... this is a second marriage for both myself and my soon-to-be husband. Combined we have 4 awesome kids (ages 10, 11, 12, 12) and are so incredibly lucky to have found one another and have a second chance. We are getting married in exactly one month and one day on the gorgeous island of St. Martin... just the 6 of us and 2 of our best friends. (Big reception at home in the summer).

Now about the ring: We commissioned the artisans at Oscar Heyman to handcraft my ring. Our experience with them (and Graham Jewelers in Wayzata, MN!) was second to none. They were an absolute pleasure! Here are the stats on my ring:

CENTER STONE
Shape: Cushion Modified Brilliant
Carats: 4.03
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Measurements: 9.12x9.08x6.06
Polish: Ex
Symmetry: Ex
Flour: None
Table: 60%
Depth: 66.7%
Culet: none
Girdle: Slightly thick (faceted)

BAND
Platinum - 2.2 ml shank
Setting TCW: 1.21 ct
52 Round Brilliant: 2.5 pts each
Clarity: VS1-2
Color: E-F
Size: 4.25 with two sizing beads (to keep it
Full Eternity Band

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-oscar-heyman-engagement-wedding-ring.172515/

Attachments

• sparkly.bmp
    594.2 KB · Views: 6,959

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
123luckyme » 28 Feb 2012 21:24
Here is the info:

5.01 Pear F VS2

Custom made setting that I designed with 2 pears, 2 marquise and 2 brilliant rounds (this is signifying my husband and I and our 2 girls and 2 boys) + 88 micro pave diamonds representing the year we were married ( I know it’s not 25 years yet I got a few years early!!) all set in platinum.

I am so lucky to still be madly in love with my husband after all these years. We started with such a simple humble life together I never dreamed it could be this wonderful to be married to my best friend and have 4 wonderful children. This ring stands not only for our success as a couple but for years of hard work and dedication my husband has given to his family.

Please share what you think about it. I spent so many nights reading over this site and I am so excited to share this with everyone.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nniversary-ring-5-ct-pear-custom-made.172478/

Attachments

• 123.bmp
    600.1 KB · Views: 7,264

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover » 18 Feb 2012 00:30

I bought a pear diamond ring on the Bistro a few weeks ago with the intention of making a pendant out of it. It was listed with an EGL USA report stating it was E color VS1 and was in a simple white gold ring. At .31pts it was a bargain, even if it was off by a few color grades which I was expecting. I received the ring and was pleasantly surprised at how pretty the stone was.

I put it in my box to wait for some inspiration. Then it happened! I was stalking Good Old Gold's site for new AVRs or AVCs and noticed that they finally posted their inventory of small stones so I could get an idea of the pricing. The 8-9 pointers were in my ballpark and I finally had my idea!

I took my pear to GOG and they popped it out of the setting for me, I told them (Matt) about the EGL USA "E" color and that I wanted to match it so he brought out some of the teeny AVRs in H, G and F color. We put them in the light box with the white background and were both surprised to find out that it really was an "E"! The color difference was very noticeable until the "F", then it was only slightly different from the side view and not at all really from the top.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/august-vintage-round-pear.172019/

Attachments

• asscher.bmp
    821.3 KB · Views: 7,284

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
LibbyLA » 01 Mar 2012 14:53
Anyway, this is a .8 ct. I SI1 OEC, but no grading report to back it up, with four 3 pt. single cut sidestones, size 8.25, 14 ct. white gold. The stone is eye clean and has a pretty flower pattern under the loupe. I'll take it for appraisal next week to see what I really have.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/vintage-8-ct-oec-e-ring.172564/

Attachments

• libby.bmp
    624.1 KB · Views: 6,976
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results