shape
carat
color
clarity

Grandparents' Gift to Me :)

Attached

Rough_Rock
She and my grandpa have worked hard all of their lives to give their nine children the best life they possibly can. All of whom have them to thank for their survival in Cambodia's concentration camps... like in the movie "The Killing Fields"... and their present success. My aunts and uncles are all successful entrepreneurs, which means they can provide only the best for their own children. My grandparents have twenty-two grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. According to them, they wanted to make sure that their grandchildren has something to remember them by if something were to happen to them, so we went to the jewelry store, not all at once of course, and picked out a ring to have a half carat diamond set. I wear mines as a right hand ring. This is what I chose... I feel so spoiled!!! I'm hoping we have a family reunion soon so I can get a picture of all of our hands to show what we each chose.

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a generous and beautiful gift!!! It's gorgeous, and it's so wonderful to have something so special to remind you of your grandparents!

I edited my post because I offered an opinion when none was asked for, and thought better of it.

The ring is absolutely stunning!!! Enjoy it!! :love:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful story! Your grandparents are so strong and you must be so proud of them, and proud of yourself for being part of such an incredible family . I think a picture is a great idea. Thank you for sharing!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Your story brought tears to my eyes. The ring is beautiful in appearance and sentiment.

I also have a ring from my grandmother and it is one of my favorite posessions.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful- how do you like the stone being set high?

ChrisES

Shiny_Rock
Amys Bling|1329937020|3131802 said:
Beautiful- how do you like the stone being set high?

Also, about how tall is it? I'm terrible at estimating from photos.

Attached

Rough_Rock
Thank you ladies!! My grandma loves the ring as much as I do.

Amys Bling: I wasn't so thrilled about how high it was the first couple of days. I was actually thinking about going back and having it reset lower. Then the more I look at it, the more I fell in love it because it's so unique from anything I've ever seen. I think it gives it an extra pop because it sits so high.

ChrisES: It's about 4mm high.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wonderful heart warming story, Attached! How wonderful that they have that much love to give, and how fortunate they have the means that they can provide each grandchild with a tangible reminder of their love - that is so sweet :halo:

Lovely ring - looks very good on your hand. I'm glad you appreciate the uniqueness of its height! :))

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I love your story Attached! What beautiful, kind and generous grandparents you have. Your ring is beautiful too, and I think your idea of a picture is fantastic and will look forward to seeing it! :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love the meaning behind the ring...that is such a beautiful story and a piece that not will you get to treasure but to pass down to your children. I love everything about it! thank you for posting it!

and GORGEOUS RING!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great story! Your ring is gorgeous and will always be a treasured piece of jewelry.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a very sweet and generous gift!!! :love: :appl: It is beautiful!

(I will tell you out of concern, though, that your diamond is more at risk being set so high. It is more vulnerable to getting whacked on something and getting chipped or even knocked out of the setting. I recently went with another PS member who also had a halo setting and her diamond was set a similar height. She was changing the diamond anyway, so she did have the new one set lower and it was much better.)

Attached

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1329968545|3132199 said:
What a very sweet and generous gift!!! :love: :appl: It is beautiful!

(I will tell you out of concern, though, that your diamond is more at risk being set so high. It is more vulnerable to getting whacked on something and getting chipped or even knocked out of the setting. I recently went with another PS member who also had a halo setting and her diamond was set a similar height. She was changing the diamond anyway, so she did have the new one set lower and it was much better.)

Thank you for the advice diamondseeker2006. Even though I haven't had any problems yet maybe because I'm mostly on the computer at work and take it off when I'm doing stuff around the house. I have to admit I'm now kind of nervous after hearing this piece of advice. I don't want to take the chance of anything happening to my stone, so I'll be heading over to the jewelers this weekend to see what they can do for me. THANK YOU again for the advice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results