shape
carat
color
clarity

August Vintage Round + Pear!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No pics for now :( project is in process!

I bought a pear diamond ring on the Bistro a few weeks ago with the intention of making a pendant out of it. It was listed with an EGL USA report stating it was E color VS1 and was in a simple white gold ring. At .31pts it was a bargain, even if it was off by a few color grades which I was expecting. I received the ring and was pleasantly surprised at how pretty the stone was.

I put it in my box to wait for some inspiration. Then it happened! I was stalking Good Old Gold's site for new AVRs or AVCs and noticed that they finally posted their inventory of small stones so I could get an idea of the pricing. The 8-9 pointers were in my ballpark and I finally had my idea!

I took my pear to GOG and they popped it out of the setting for me, I told them (Matt) about the EGL USA "E" color and that I wanted to match it so he brought out some of the teeny AVRs in H, G and F color. We put them in the light box with the white background and were both surprised to find out that it really was an "E"! The color difference was very noticeable until the "F", then it was only slightly different from the side view and not at all really from the top.

The one caveat with the teeny AVRs & AVCs is that GOG will only sell them if they are setting them. They gave me a reasonable price for the setting I want so it's off to be made tomorrow! It will be ready in about 2 weeks and I will be back with pics then. Even though the AVR is very small the pattern and rainbow flashes are still very different from a modern RB, I much prefer the optics of the AVR even in this small size. Below is an inspiration pic for my pendant, it will be for everyday wear and I can't wait!

Basically, after researching the cost of just what my pear diamond would have cost buying new, I am getting an entire pendant! Yay for the Bistro!

pear pendant.JPG

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sound amazing, I can't wait for pic of the final piece! YAY for a bargain!!!!!! :appl: :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love that! It is going to be one gorgeous pendant!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow sounds awesome! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great find; great story; great deal....great design!!! That will be outstanding as a finished pendant - very excited to see it! How long before its done? now? ... now???.... how about NOW? (I'm not a patient person if it involves a sparkle!) :D

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Its going to be so pretty! I seem to be falling in love with pears all over again! :love:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies! It should only be around two weeks, I can't wait!

I love pears, I have always felt that they make perfect pendant stones and I have loved this particular pendant design for awhile. I feel so lucky that I was able to make it happen!

Alyeska

Rough_Rock
That is a gorgeous piece of jewelry! :love:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see pics of this...it's going to be gorgeous!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
When do you get it????? (I'm impatient to see it)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Updates??

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked it up Saturday! Pics coming in a few minutes!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here we go! Two iphone pics, I have it on a more delicate chain now. No neck shots yet, those are tricky! You really get the bold flash effect with the AVR, I'll try to get a better front shot to show the facet pattern on the weekend.

pear pendant 1.jpg

pear pendant 2.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I looooove it :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Awesome!!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely pendant and its looks like a really lovely even, well made bezel- GOG have outdone themselves! :appl:

Can't wait to see more photos.

Is the pear open at the back or closed?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it- the bezels are sleek giving it an everyday feel- but also can be worn as a simple dressed up piece too :)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I love this piece! I was eyeing that pear but couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it (my first gut instinct was to set it east-west in a bezel) and I had another project going that was taking up my resources.

I love the chain you paired with it, too!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
just wanted to post an update to this, I visited David at DBL yesterday to pick out a small yellow diamond to make a similar pendant and then he slammed me with a .51 K VS2 OMB! Needless to say I snapped up the OMB and he is currently adding it to my pendant for me! :appl: I didn't grab any pics while I was there but I should have it in a week or so! Yay! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results