shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts on Fire, 0.70, I Color SI2 Platinum Engagement Ring

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Hi: Here's my engagement ring. All info is in the title! When I received it, it had a six-prong basket setting which I felt overwhelmed the diamond, so I had it changed to my beloved bezel setting. In this case, a half-bezel. It's an amazing cut, so the photos don't really capture the sparkle. It's a size 6, on my 4.5 finger. I need to have it sized and in the meantime I wear a 1.5mm silver band over my wedding set to stop my wedding and engagement rings falling off. My wedding ring is a plain 2mm platinum band. I know this set isn't as "wow" as some, but I like the simplicity of a bezeled solitaire and plain band, as I wear a lot of black and navy, and I think it looks chic if not the biggest in town!

GEDC0297.JPG

GEDC0299.JPG

GEDC0304.JPG

GEDC0305.JPG

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Hearts on Fire, 0.70, I Color SI2 Platinum Engagement Ri

That is a very classic, beautiful look. Elegant, if you will and soooo wearable. I love bezels. Great ring for stacking bands with too. A very thin diamond band in between the two rings would be awesome for when you want it to be "dressy". Great choice!

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock

Thanks! It's funny, I must have the smallest engagement ring out of anyone I know in the States, but at home in England (I've been in the US for five years) it's by far the biggest! At home I don't know anyone who has more than half a carat, and they're all degree-educated profs. Jewelry is so, so much smaller at home - perhaps it's the 20% sales tax! All I know is that on one side of the pond, my ring is the biggest show in town and on the other side, it's the smallest. Isn't life odd!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

lovely set! I think it wows! :)

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock

Thank you! It faces up really white in daylight. I really thought it was an F, and I don't think anyone would peg it as an I.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Very nice setting - no matter which side of the pond you are on! lol!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a gorgeous ring!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think it is beautiful! When you have a gorgeous, well cut diamond, it doesn't have to be huge! I think that sleek setting shows it off well!

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock

Awww, thanks everyone! It's so nice to have compliments about it, because sometimes I do envy people who have rings of 1 carat and above.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful diamond and setting!!! :love: I just mentioned recently in another thread how much I love a semi-bezel setting - clean, classic and elegant!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Its gorgeous...I'm sure even more so in person. I like the new bezel setting too!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous ring. Congratulations.

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock

I love the elegant simplicity. Congratulations!

Yes, people in the UK tend to have much smaller diamonds. I seem to remember years ago in the U.K. they'd recommend "one month's salary" while in the U.S. it used to be "two month's salary." Strange. When I go back to the U.K., I find myself turning my diamond to the inside because I don't want to attract attention. And mine is "only" 1.17ct.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pretty ring!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Definitely "simple chic". It's elegant and refined and won't ever be out of place :love:

So, tell me, have you succumbed to the "everything must match" mentality as I have now - must everyday studs/pendants/bracelets all be bezel'd now? :naughty:

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock

Oh hell yes! My very first diamond pendants and earrings were teeny tiny and for that reason I got them white gold and bezeled - fastest way to maximize the size! Now I bezel everything I can, even the cat.

OK, I don't have a cat.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results