carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
shanhoops » 17 Jan 2012 09:57
Thanks for your comments everyone!

You know what... I don't think I have a pic of my wedding set! Will have to fix that

For now, here is a pic of my wedding ring with DH's ring, from our wedding day. It's channel set half eternity... can't remember the exact specs, but about 1/2 a carat each of the diamonds and sapphires - 5 diamonds, 4 sapphires. My ER is a Tiffany knife edge style solitaire, small by PS standards at 0.47ct as DH is a PhD student, so not exactly rolling in it (great specs otherwise, EX cut, F colour, VS1). It doesn't really match my WB (which overpowers it) but I love it anyway

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-happy-camper-idj-u-prong-3-4-eternity.170729/

Attachments

• shan.bmp
    675.1 KB · Views: 4,110

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Brensmom » 17 Jan 2012 21:11
Hi all,

Last year I learned so much from this site while looking for a new wedding set (mine was lost after being married 10 yrs.)

We purchased a solitaire in WG and a plain wedding band. Well, for our anniversary last June my husband got me the eternity band I had been drooling over I'm just now getting around to posting a few pics!

I love it but I will admit I still am getting used to wearing the eternity band. It "feels" so fragile to me. It is a full eternity, 1ct. total weight, stones are all vs1-2 and g/h color. It is very pretty and sparkly. Sometimes I find myself thinking I should have gotten a 1/2 or 3/4 eternity but I do love it.

A question, do you all think it looks good to wear all 3 bands together? I usually don't as it feels really thick...if my bands were slimmer I might like it better, but I sort of would like to wear all 3. Usually I just wear either the eternity OR the plain band w/the ER.

My ER is an AGS triple zero .92, I color, VS2. My "dream" ring would be a 2 or 2.5c diamond....lol. Maybe someday! For anyone curious, all 3 rings are from Kassab Jewelers in Portland, OR. Great people to work with!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-got-an-eternity-band.170755/#post-3105560

Attachments

• bren.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 4,092

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
milton333 » 18 Jan 2012 15:20
These are vendor shots, it should arrive tomorrow!

Center stone is my original engagement ring stone, engaged when we were 19. It's not cert'd, but .5 ct approx J-K SI1 in a patented cut called a "Centillion" cut - 100 facets.

The pendant is 18k white gold, set with 12 5-pointers, .6 ctw for the pendant setting.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-bgd-halo-bezel-pendant.170776/

Attachments

• milton.bmp
    675.1 KB · Views: 3,819

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
yourwhiteshadow » 05 Jan 2012 14:41
setting was $800, and i think the center came out to $1300 ish for a total of $2300. yekutiel is an interesting guy, maybe i'm just not used to NYC diamond district. anyways, i found a nice halo pave setting that i was satisfied with, and i'm positive she's gonna be happy. the center stone was nice as well, eye clean and it looks good to me.

report on the center:
https://myapps.gia.edu/ReportCheckPortal/getReportData.do?&reportno=2145141409&weight=0.70

yourwhiteshoes.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jengee » 19 Jan 2012 19:33
1.71 carats, Color I (I think), ring size 4.5. He nailed it!

Attachments

• jeng.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 3,389

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
mom2boys » 20 Jan 2012 20:16
Well, here it is! My Victor Canera Dual Shank Halo Solitaire in platinum! Each individual shank is 1.7 mm and the halo itself is 1.4 mm, all hand forged. It is composed of 0.85 ctw of single cut diamond melee--I think the single cuts complement my 1.9 ct RB diamond rather well!

This ring also sits flush w/ my other diamond pave eternity bands. It's possible to wear them all together for a more bling bling effect!

It was definitely a pleasure working w/ Victor once again! He is very personable and a true artisan of his craft! I hope to collaborate w/ him on many more projects in the future!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-victor-canera-dual-shank-halo-solitaire.170880/

Attachments

• mom2.bmp
    881.3 KB · Views: 2,911

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sandy13351 » 21 Jan 2012 04:11
First I want to thank other PS members on Rocky Talk for helping me a few weeks ago with diamond size, spec's, etc. I wanted something larger than my 10 point, 2 tcw existing eternity band. Wanted something for my casual low key life - so some bling; but not "going out at night bling". So the ring arrived today:

20 point stones
F-G color
Very clean SI clarity (hardly any inclusions)
3.4 tcw
Size 6

It's so BEAUTIFUL and comfortable! Even though it's smaller than many I've seen on this site, boy this ring is a WOW RING. It even sparkles in the dark. I mainly worked with Luann...but did interface with Yekutiel....and Israel hand picked the stones because I'm a Pricescoper. They were all very professional and great to work with.

Please excuse the photos, my camera isn't the best:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/id-jewelry-eternity-band-it-rocks.170893/

Attachments

• sandy.bmp
    787.6 KB · Views: 2,723

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
SweetAsscher » 21 Jan 2012 05:22
Hi everyone! I'm uber excited that I finally got my upgrade and I think my husband is tired of hearing me gush, so it's PS time!!

This is my new upgrade. I previously had a .88 Satr129 which I adored, but I happened upon this stone at an affordable price for the the size and decided to go for it!! I had it set in the exact same style setting except in platinum this time instead of 14k.

Specs:
Solasfera
1.64 ct
7.65mm x 7.67mm x 4.62
K
I1 (!?)
Ring size 7
(I like my rings a tiny bit loose)

I love this diamond! It certainly has a different look than my Star129 , but the size makes up for it.
It has so much fire! I can hardly believe it's a K. I can see tint if I'm looking for it and if it's upside down against a white background but tinted is not what you think when you look at it. It looks very white to my eye, but I also don't have another stone to compare against. Face up next to a CZ it might have a touch of warmth, but the sparkles are kind of distracting and hide it well. I know that when I first opened the box I thought it looked silvery vs yellow.
Also!! It's eye clean! Even knowing where the most prominent inclusion is, I can't see it without the loupe unless I look very hard from about 3 inches away, under different lighting and moving it around for several minutes. Perhaps in the future I may send it in to be re-graded though I'm not sure how that would benefit me....

I have lots of picture, but these were all taken inside at night under incandescent lighting so maybe not the best, and it looks way more tinted in the photos than in person for some reason.
Hope you enjoy!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/solasfera-1-6-k-i1-upgrade-finally-set.170895/

Attachments

• sweetasscher.bmp
    667.6 KB · Views: 2,732

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree » 21 Jan 2012 05:31
First off I would like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who posted in my RT thread for all of your help and support. This ring wouldn't have turned out so well without you.

I am very happy with how it turned out. It looks beautiful on my hand and i i can't wait to show you!

Backstory: This is a reset of my engagement ring wich was a 1.05ct RB solitaire. I loved yssies 3 stone and it was her ring that was the inspiration for this design. Thank you yssie. This ring is now my engagement and wedding ring combined to be worn on its own.

Specs: Center stone is a GIA XXX 1.05ct F SI1 round diamond.
2 AGS Ideal BGD .423ct F SI1
2 uncert .20ct F VS diamonds.

The total is a hairs breath away from 2.3ctw on a size 4 finger in a platinum trellis setting made by BGD.

Ok onto the photos! I must appologise in advance for the sheer number of them! I was using a new camera today and it didn't look like the photos were working too well so i kept taking more, It turns out they weren't too bad after all.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-stone-graduated-trellis-from-bgd.170896/

Attachments

• HOT.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 2,730

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
fosure » 20 Jan 2012 21:15
Finally after over a year of searching on this forum and saving my $$ the time has come! Steven sent me the email this afternoon of the finished product. Hope to have it ASAP. Please give me your feedback good or bad. Here is the story...I think mid march of 2011 I purchased a little over a 1 ct cushion, specifically an Old Mine Cut diamond from good old gold. Then the search for the perfect setting started. I went from a simple solitaire setting to Halo then to this BLINGY Halo that I should have soon! I think it was well worth my patience and thanks to Steven for working his magic. Hope to hear from you all.

....now to plan to the proposal!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-steven-kirsch-halo.170885/

Attachments

• fosure.bmp
    736.9 KB · Views: 2,719

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
MelSyd1302 » 16 Jan 2012 23:17
Hi everyone!

Long time lurker but now finally able to post my own bling! Trawling through this forum for information helped me immensely with my first custom project! I went with Victor Canera for this project, he is amazing to work with and great with communication.
The ring features a centre 2ct pink spinel by Jeff White and two F-VS trapezoid diamonds flanking the centre stone, hand forged in platinum.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-three-stone-ring.170718/

mels.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
PositivelyPeanut » 03 Oct 2011 01:22
My lil girl. She's only .60 ct (certainly small by PS standards).

I originally set out looking for a bigger rock. I pretty much had it in my mind that a step cut had to be bigger in order to show any "steps" or dimension. I was (happily) proven wrong.

I had tried on several at the same time, all bigger by quite a bit, but kept coming back to this one. I really know what it means now to have one "speak to me"... Her size on paper didn't matter. Her presence made her so much larger than the others.

The setting is 18k white gold, and she's a VS (there's a little metal from the setting showing thru...that's not an inclusion) and a nice white G in color (which I really love). Straight baguettes on the shank. The ring is likely from the 1940's, according to the estate jewelry shop where I bought it. Finger size is 6.

Anyway, I'm smitten in case it's not obvious. I don't think I could be happier. The photos aren't great and I was contorting my finger so looks a little funny, but hoping the photos (and blathering) will help others who are considering emerald cuts in the smaller sizes. (I plan to buy more bands and switch them out. Ones pictured are rose gold and platinum.)

pospeanut.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Begonia » 11 Oct 2011 16:56
I've been meaning to take photos of my ring for so long now - just one darn thing after another. Anyway, after reading about Quaddio's situation, I finally dug out the camera. Poor camera and limited skills, but you get the idea. Anway, 1.10 VS1 H, with Very Good symmetry and polish, and no fluor. Stock unplated 18 kt WG bezel setting. It fits my unfrilly jeans lifestyle perfectly. Hope you like

Attachments

• beg.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 2,659

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk » 21 Jan 2012 22:41
Hello everyone! I am not the best PSer lately...two little kids does that to a girl! But, I wanted to share my upgrade. Some of you may know that I sold my OEC a couple months back in order to upgrade.

I purchased a 2.8ct OMC (M color SI2 clarity) from OWD and set it in a modified Sophie with pave setting by JBEG. I wanted a subtle split shank but I wanted that gorgeous basket too....I think it turned out perfect. I purchased the JBEG Katie band to go with it.

Oh and I'm a size 6.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/burks-upgrade-2-8ct-omc-in-jbeg.170918/

Attachments

• burk.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 2,464

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
aljdewey » 22 Jan 2012 15:12
So on my most recent excursion to NYC, I stumbled across this band while looking for a ruby stacking band. It wasn't what i had in mind - I was looking more for a ruby eternity with little metal to make a thin band of red, but I tried this ring on and it complemented my stacking diamonds bands incredibly well.

I walked away from it.......and then walked back a few hours later to visit........and then walked away...........and then HAD to go back and pull the trigger. It's .48 of rubies and .40 diamonds set in 18K white gold. It has a super-low profile, and the natural rubies are amazingly clean. I couldn't be happier!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-and-ruby-stacking-5-stone-band.170939/

Attachments

• alj.bmp
    898.2 KB · Views: 2,420

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
sarahbee123 » 22 Jan 2012 15:14
Hi there!

Here's the specs on my current diamond: I, VVS2, 1.24 carats

Attachments

• sarahb.bmp
    798.8 KB · Views: 7,165

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
camillerose » 22 Jan 2012 15:45
Hi everyone, I'm new here but LOVING the great pics and helpful info that everyone is posting! Now that I just got engaged, I can't resist sharing pics...

Here is my new e-ring - a Maevona Jura two-tone setting with platinum shank and 18k rose gold basket. It truly lets the light into the diamond and really sparkles from every angle! When I first opened the box, I was a little worried about the prongs being too thin, but after doing a little research and looking at all the fantastic pics on PS I feel like they are perfect. Not too dainty and not too bulky. I really love Maevona's work. I must have tried on every single style in the Scottish Islands collection. So pretty!

The rose gold basket **REALLY** makes the stone pop white and bright.

Here are the stone specs:
1.74 ct Round Brilliant
H Color
SI2
7.58 - 7.61 x 4.82 mm
Table: 58%
Depth: 63.5%
Crown Angle: 36.5
Size 6.5

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-maevona-e-ring.170943/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-maevona-e-ring.170943/[/URL]

Attachments

• camilla.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 7,202

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
atp223 » 22 Jan 2012 15:37
We picked out the ring last summer/fall, and it was finally presented to me this weekend (disguised as a secret santa present from one of my girlfriends at our slightly belated secret santa get-together)!

It's a 2.05 carat I/SI1 from BGD. It's absolutely gorgeous and totally white (I was never allowed to see it in person and I was really worried about it - but apparently for absolutely no reason!). It's so sparkly and glittery! It also appears to be completely eye clean - I have given myself a headache looking for the inclusions and can't find any anywhere. I'm obsessed! I have the vendor pictures and some iphone hand shots, but I'm planning a photo shoot with a real camera as soon as we get home!

this is the link to the stone: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/2.047-i-si1-round-diamond-ags-104047808003

Oh, and the setting is the novela pave, but with a non-peg truth head instead of the regular novela head. I love it!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-with-2-05-i-si1-bgd-blue.170942/

atp.jpg

HollyRF

Rough_Rock
Congrats! It's beautiful! =)

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That is just breathtaking! Looks wonderful on your hand. Love the Maevona too.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsDrP » 23 Jan 2012 09:16
My brand new fiancé gave me this gorgeous ring over the weekend. I picked out the loose stone and the setting a few months ago, but this is the first time I have seen them together and I am completely in love!!!

The setting and diamond are by Henri Daussi, and the halo part of the setting was made to fit around the diamond perfectly. No gaps and no spaces.The setting is 18kt palladium WG, rhodium plated, and 0.60ctw. The diamonds end at 4 and 8 o'clock.

I don't know the exact specs on the center stone because the certificate is still with the appraiser. But from what I can remember it is G/VS1. I think the diamond is around 1 ct. I'll post back with the corrected specs if I need to.

The diamond is very interesting, but unfortunately I haven't been able to get a good picture of it yet. I'm going to try a photo shoot with a real camera later on. It is a cushion, but it has step cuts in it like an emerald or a criss-cut.

I can't say enough how much I adore this ring! They did such a good job on it!! They did everything I asked and set the diamond nice and high for me. The setting itself is high too so that I can pair almost any wedding band with it that I want.

My ring size is 4.5 for reference!

I apologize if the pictures are sideways....I'm still trying to figure this whole mac thing out.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/henri-daussi-cushion-halo-e-ring.170979/

Attachments

• mrsdrp.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 7,468

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
MqLove » 24 Jan 2012 18:37
I thought my e-ring should finally get the thread it deserves! I've had it for about 6 months, my choice after getting engaged, but was always a bit embarrassed because it was set so high. I like low-set rings, but I wanted a flush fit wedding band, so it had to be somewhat high, but originally it was set about 1.5mm above the setting, and I hated the profile view. I've just had it reset lower, and now it's perfect!

The stats:
0.58 D VS2 Marquise (GIA)
8.83 x 4.39 x 2.59 mm
Table 60%, depth 59.0%, G/VG Polish/Sym
Channel set palladium setting

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-0-58-marquise-d-vs2-e-ring.171052/

Attachments

• mqlove.bmp
    604.8 KB · Views: 6,999

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
OCmom3xboys » 24 Jan 2012 20:35
As many of you know, I got my e-ring before I discoverd PScope. Admiring all of the beautiful rings here, I started to dislike my ring. I want bigger, different shape, better cut, etc. My husband and I have always talking about upgrading from a 2ct to a 3 ct or maybe even bigger someday...so I have been drooling over all of these monsterous cushion cut rings here, I love, love bebe's ring and yennie's old ring. After being married 7 years and having kids, we just purchase a much bigger home and a bigger diamond is not in the budget right now.

Just before the holidays, I stopped by my jeweler to have my rings cleaned and the same time, a lady was picking up her new ring. It was a halo princess cut with traps on the side...wow! I really liked it, she let me try it on and I loved it. I couldn't stop thinking about it...so much that I had to have that ring.

It's been 6 weeks and look what I got!

My original princess - 2.01 G color
.30 traps on each side
5 rows pave
platinum
ring size 5 3/4 (since the band is thicker than my e-ring, I had it made 1/2 size bigger sizing beads)

I apologize for the not so great photos, I have a new DSLR camera and I haven't yet learned how to use it for macro photos. And for the handshots, iPhone photos will have to do for now.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-princess-got-a-new-setting.171058/

Attachments

• ocmom.bmp
    757.6 KB · Views: 6,928

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful result!!! :appl: :wavey:

Congratulations!

fuz

Rough_Rock
My Tiffany Bezet Round

Just received it the day after Christmas, when he proposed in Mykonos,Greece during our vacation! :twirl:

Tiffany Platinum Bezet Round, 1.82 ct, H, vvs2
my finger is size 4.25

image_3.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

Chicago Girl

Shiny_Rock
Hello all! I have a 2.05 cushion from Good Old Gold, G, VS2, vatche platinum pave setting for a total carat weight of 2.3 carats. Thanks to PS for all the help you gave my fiance!

ring4_0.jpg

ring10.jpg

ring11.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
packrat » 26 Jan 2012 15:01
It's done! Talk about FAST! And, I think it will be here TOMORROW already! Jonathan really had a great solution for my center stone quandary...if I want a bigger center I can trade this one in but this gives me the opportunity to have the ring completed and on my finger so I can see things w/my own eyes. Everyone at GOG was super helpful. Marie walked me through all the steps and of course I love Jonathan to death..he suffered through all my Facebook messages and emails!

I had a lot of help and support here and on FB too, and I greatly appreciate it. I've been thru all the five stone threads I could find several times. Yssie in particular was a help w/her drawings and explanations of things for me.

My dream setting will come later, after I've decided on the center for sure. This is a stock setting from Unique Settings of New York.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/packrats-graduated-avc-five-stone-from-gog.171141/

Attachments

• pack.bmp
    534.7 KB · Views: 6,244

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
TaraCat » 26 Jan 2012 02:41
Hi everyone,

I have been lurking PS for a long time, and now I finally have something to share!

I got engaged this weekend (!). My fiancee proposed with a custom ring that he had made by a small company that does mostly wholesale business, but does custom work for those with a personal connection (not a PS vendor). I knew I wanted a cushion and that I wanted the band to be a subtle yellow gold, for something different as well as the fact that I wear a lot of yellow gold jewelry - but with pave to keep it looking modern. I knew I didn't want a halo because I didn't want to distract from the center stone.

I fell in love with a couple different rings I found by searching the PS forums, one custom piece that someone had made by ERD and another rose gold Ritani cushion setting (both several years ago). I don't remember the PS'ers names right now, but the custom one appeared to have created quite a controversy because it was based on *another* PS'ers custom ring (hopefully time has healed those wounds by now!). What I ended up with is pretty much exactly what I wanted - a cushion with double rows of pave for a band which is wider than most pave but still maintains a "delicate" look.

The center stone is a cushion modified brilliant, 2.25 G VS1 (GIA cert). The dimensions are 7.84 x 7.47 x 5.02 mm. Excellent polish, excellent symmetry, fluorescence none.

I picked it out myself out of a handful of diamonds the vendor selected within the price range. I found I have a pretty good eye for inclusions, so VS1 was as far as I could go. The inclusion is a "cloud" which I could see under the loupe but not with my naked eye. Given that the stone is set against a yellow gold band (white gold basket of course), the G color was not a problem for me.

My ring size is 4.75.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-custom-2-25-cushion-pave-e-ring.171129/

Attachments

• tara.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 6,240
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results