shape
carat
color
clarity

Solasfera 1.6 K I1 upgrade finally set!

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I'm uber excited that I finally got my upgrade and I think my husband is tired of hearing me gush, so it's PS time!!

This is my new upgrade. I previously had a .88 Satr129 which I adored, but I happened upon this stone at an affordable price for the the size and decided to go for it!! I had it set in the exact same style setting except in platinum this time instead of 14k.

Specs:
Solasfera
1.64 ct
7.65mm x 7.67mm x 4.62
K
I1 (!?)
Ring size 7
(I like my rings a tiny bit loose)

I love this diamond! It certainly has a different look than my Star129 :blackeye: , but the size makes up for it. :razz:
It has so much fire! I can hardly believe it's a K. I can see tint if I'm looking for it and if it's upside down against a white background but tinted is not what you think when you look at it. It looks very white to my eye, but I also don't have another stone to compare against. Face up next to a CZ it might have a touch of warmth, but the sparkles are kind of distracting and hide it well. I know that when I first opened the box I thought it looked silvery vs yellow.
Also!! It's eye clean! Even knowing where the most prominent inclusion is, I can't see it without the loupe unless I look very hard from about 3 inches away, under different lighting and moving it around for several minutes. Perhaps in the future I may send it in to be re-graded though I'm not sure how that would benefit me.... :loopy:

I have lots of picture, but these were all taken inside at night under incandescent lighting so maybe not the best, and it looks way more tinted in the photos than in person for some reason.
Hope you enjoy!

IMG_3737.jpg

Screen shot 2012-01-21 at 1.17.45 AM.png

Screen shot 2012-01-21 at 1.18.07 AM.png

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
And also, do you guys think the prongs are too bulky? or is it just me being picky?
I like that they are pointy, but I feel like they are too round and prominent on the other end. Like too bulbous....
My husband thinks I'm nuts and doesn't see what I mean. Thoughts?

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Wow. I'm speechless. :love:
I1?!? :o No way!!

It is gorgeous! The prongs look ok to me as well. If your diamond is smaller, the prongs may look somewhat bulky. But for your diamond size ;-) , they are fine.
Wear it in good health!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it's breathtaking! I don't think the prongs are too bulky at all.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow- Stunning!! Finding an I1 that is eyeclean!!!! Great deal. It looks perfect on your hand and with your wedding band :)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!! Amazing.... :love: :love: Not a thing wrong with those prongs IMO.... it's a beautiful ring!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very lovely - I wouldn't worry about a thing!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! :love: Such a pretty setting and I think the prongs look fine!!!

Did GOG get you the setting? Just curious because I know people have been interested in that design before.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful...quit playing games with your mind about color, clarity , setting, etc...it's really beautiful! ENJOY IT!!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning upgrade! It looks perfect to me!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well done!

cheers--Sharon

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's beautiful! It is the perfect size on your hand! It looks lovely on you!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond, and the size looks great on you!

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
That is a stunning solitaire! :love: Absolutely beautiful diamond!

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for the lovely compliments everyone. Maybe I am focusing too much on the prongs. :loopy:
It's amazing all the fire that comes off this diamond! I absolutely can't believe it's an I1! I'm very very pleased.

@DiamondSeeker: I didn't get the setting from GOG, I would've liked to but they didn't have one exactly like this. I bought it at Derco in SF but I believe they order it from somewhere else, Chicago I think he said.

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
SA: I love it! I've been so excited to see it since you posted that you'd be upgrading. It's a stunner and a great size!!! Congratulations!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I seriously can't get over how great this stones looks for a K I1!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
PER-FECT. I think the stone is amazeballs and I do NOT think the prongs are bulky!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, it's amazing!!! :love: I really love it, and it looks sooo good on your hand! (and the prongs are fine!)

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!

Enjoy it!!!!!!!! :D

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is stunning! An eye clean I1 is an awesome find!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty on your hand, I bet it's a fireball IRL. Congratulations

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful!!!!!!! The diamond is gorgeous and I love that setting :love: I think the prongs look fine but if they bug you maybe you could take it back to your jeweler to fix them to your liking?

I love your wedding band too! Do you mind sharing where its from?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
daintyG|1327175422|3108356 said:
SA: I love it! I've been so excited to see it since you posted that you'd be upgrading. It's a stunner and a great size!!! Congratulations!
Yes, I'm very happy with the size! My aunt has a two carat round and they honestly look about the same size. I'm not sure of the cut or color on hers but I know that when next to each other mine does not look more tinted but it does sparkle more and appear to have more facets. :lickout:
I really like this size on my hand. It doesn't look huge but not small either.

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again for all the nice things you guys have to say. It's nice to be able to show off my ring without feeling tacky :)
I was at a party and my friend who is in love with my three stone Asscher ring told me to show my rings to the group of ladies and told them to see my pretty rings. So I just kinda held my hands out and no one said anything. It was mildly awkward. Well one girl said she didn't like solitaires. :-o

Amy, I know what you mean about K I1, I'm amazed becuz I knew it would be nice due to the cut, but I didn't expect it to be this nice. When I reserved it, Jon said he would've asked for a grading review to get SI2. But I'm glad Solasfera left it I1 since it made it affordable for me.

stargurl78|1327250734|3108777 said:
Its beautiful!!!!!!! The diamond is gorgeous and I love that setting :love: I think the prongs look fine but if they bug you maybe you could take it back to your jeweler to fix them to your liking?
I think I might take it back to my jewelers and ask if they can just change the shape of the prongs so they are not so round. I just don't want to be without my ring at all! I guess I'll just leave it be until it really starts to bug me! :wink2:

stargurl78|1327250734|3108777 said:
I love your wedding band too! Do you mind sharing where its from?
The band was from diamond bistro. I love the style! It's perfect on it's own but also great with other rings. It's got three rows of tiny diamonds.
I'm having a bit of an issue with it actually because it is white gold, which I usually wear but I think this might be a high nickel alloy since it appears very white. Anyway it's making me itchy! I have sensitive skin. Of course my hubby thinks this is just a ploy on my part to have an excuse to buy more jewelry!! :roll:
I'm kind of looking for another band *exactly* like this one but platinum, but no luck yet. Well no luck at an affordable price anyway :cry:

Brensmom

Rough_Rock
I think you have a fantastic find there...it's beautiful!!! What a great size!! I would LOVE to find something like that!!! congrats!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results