shape
carat
color
clarity

My new custom 2.25 cushion pave E-ring!

TaraCat

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I have been lurking PS for a long time, and now I finally have something to share!

I got engaged this weekend (!). My fiancee proposed with a custom ring that he had made by a small company that does mostly wholesale business, but does custom work for those with a personal connection (not a PS vendor). I knew I wanted a cushion and that I wanted the band to be a subtle yellow gold, for something different as well as the fact that I wear a lot of yellow gold jewelry - but with pave to keep it looking modern. I knew I didn't want a halo because I didn't want to distract from the center stone.

I fell in love with a couple different rings I found by searching the PS forums, one custom piece that someone had made by ERD and another rose gold Ritani cushion setting (both several years ago). I don't remember the PS'ers names right now, but the custom one appeared to have created quite a controversy because it was based on *another* PS'ers custom ring (hopefully time has healed those wounds by now!). What I ended up with is pretty much exactly what I wanted - a cushion with double rows of pave for a band which is wider than most pave but still maintains a "delicate" look.

The center stone is a cushion modified brilliant, 2.25 G VS1 (GIA cert). The dimensions are 7.84 x 7.47 x 5.02 mm. Excellent polish, excellent symmetry, fluorescence none.

I picked it out myself out of a handful of diamonds the vendor selected within the price range. I found I have a pretty good eye for inclusions, so VS1 was as far as I could go. The inclusion is a "cloud" which I could see under the loupe but not with my naked eye. Given that the stone is set against a yellow gold band (white gold basket of course), the G color was not a problem for me.

My ring size is 4.75.

Please bear with me as I try my hand at posting the pics I just took!

hand shot.jpg

front.jpg

side angle.jpg

profile.jpg

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Congratulations on your engagement!! I love yellow gold :love:

Gorgeous! I love seeing yellow gold in here-- thank you for sharing!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats/ it's stunning :)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I was admiring your gorgeous ring last night and couldn't post. It's so beautiful, congratulations! I love the yellow gold, it gives it such a soft feminine look, stunning!! :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous, congrats!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It's a beautiful ring.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful - I would love to see some more pictures of it! Very unique but oh so pretty! Congrats!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your engagement and your gorgeous new ring!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have a beautiful feminine looking engagement ring - soft colouring in the band with the use of the pave and lovely setting. Beautiful ring and congratulations on your engagement!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
The yellow gold is very subtle :)

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
I love everything about this!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful!!!!! And its very unique. I love the thicker band with the delicate pave :love: :love: :love:

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
That's a very pretty yellow gold ring...congratulations!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely ring! I like how subtle the yellow gold looks. Congratulations! :appl:

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! Your ring is so pretty!

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations - first for the engagement and next for that lovely ring. I hope you'll be very happy :appl:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! And, I love everything about your ring - it is perfectly done, and looks sublime on your hand - wear it in happiness always!

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
Stunning ring!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and unique!! The perfect combination!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how beautiful! The band is really a nice one! Diamond is purty too! Congratulations on your engagement ,wear it in good health

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! And what a great size on your hand! Congrats!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness - that's gorgeous!!!!! :love:

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
TaraCat|1327560106|3112049 said:
Hi everyone,

I have been lurking PS for a long time, and now I finally have something to share!

I got engaged this weekend (!). My fiancee proposed with a custom ring that he had made by a small company that does mostly wholesale business, but does custom work for those with a personal connection (not a PS vendor). I knew I wanted a cushion and that I wanted the band to be a subtle yellow gold, for something different as well as the fact that I wear a lot of yellow gold jewelry - but with pave to keep it looking modern. I knew I didn't want a halo because I didn't want to distract from the center stone.

I fell in love with a couple different rings I found by searching the PS forums, one custom piece that someone had made by ERD and another rose gold Ritani cushion setting (both several years ago). I don't remember the PS'ers names right now, but the custom one appeared to have created quite a controversy because it was based on *another* PS'ers custom ring (hopefully time has healed those wounds by now!). What I ended up with is pretty much exactly what I wanted - a cushion with double rows of pave for a band which is wider than most pave but still maintains a "delicate" look.

The center stone is a cushion modified brilliant, 2.25 G VS1 (GIA cert). The dimensions are 7.84 x 7.47 x 5.02 mm. Excellent polish, excellent symmetry, fluorescence none.

I picked it out myself out of a handful of diamonds the vendor selected within the price range. I found I have a pretty good eye for inclusions, so VS1 was as far as I could go. The inclusion is a "cloud" which I could see under the loupe but not with my naked eye. Given that the stone is set against a yellow gold band (white gold basket of course), the G color was not a problem for me.

My ring size is 4.75.

Please bear with me as I try my hand at posting the pics I just took!

Holy Cow!!!!!! Your ring is stunning!!!! I absolutely love love love the rose gold Ritani!!!!! Congrats, it's all beautiful!! :love:

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
very nice~!! And the ring look huge on your finger

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results