shape
carat
color
clarity

The February LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck, elle! Just think, springbreakspringbreakspringbreak :)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Best of luck to you elle!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quick break!

I took my first exam and it went OK. Just one more to go! I have an hour before my next class so I thought I''d check PS, but you guys haven''t said anything in small talk! I''m disappointed!

Whats everyone up to this weekend?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Nobody's been around in small talk for like a week. I don't know what's going on around here! We need to have a 'lurker' recruitment thread lol Good luck on the next exam!

This weekend I have no plans yet...how bout you?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Dude, I''m fasting (three days: day 2) and I feel like I''m going to fall asleep. Why did I ever agree to do this?

All I want right now is a cheeseburger...
39.gif

Good luck with test #2!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ive been busy.
7.gif

I stopped taking my laptop to class with me because I just sit on PS instead of paying attention.
20.gif

So I can only post at work and that's MWF.

This weekend I have a friends birthday on Saturday... that's about it. FF is sick so we may just stay in on Friday or something. I have a lot of laundry to do... so I'll probably spend all day Sunday doing that.

Wow. I'm just super exciting in my old age.
20.gif

ETA: Why are you fasting, Bia?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Because since the holidays I''ve been eating so much crap (on the sly...sorry to my FI!) that I just feel sluggish. So FI suggested doing a lemonade fast for 3-4 days to jumpstart my energy--he''s doing it with me. I guess the first couple of days are the hardest, but honestly I don''t think I can keep going. Last night I had a handful of lettuce and a tomato (it''s amazing how good plain lettuce can taste when you''re hungry!), so I sort of broke the fast. I''m going to keep trying but right now all I can do is think about dinner...dinner that I''m not going to have
14.gif

The lemonade is good though...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 1:18:59 PM
Author: elledizzy5
This weekend I have a friends birthday on Saturday... that''s about it. FF is sick so we may just stay in on Friday or something. I have a lot of laundry to do... so I''ll probably spend all day Sunday doing that.

Wow. I''m just super exciting in my old age.
20.gif
hahaha!!!!
9.gif
I know what you mean
39.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 1:44:54 PM
Author: Bia
Because since the holidays I''ve been eating so much crap (on the sly...sorry to my FI!) that I just feel sluggish. So FI suggested doing a lemonade fast for 3-4 days to jumpstart my energy--he''s doing it with me. I guess the first couple of days are the hardest, but honestly I don''t think I can keep going. Last night I had a handful of lettuce and a tomato (it''s amazing how good plain lettuce can taste when you''re hungry!), so I sort of broke the fast. I''m going to keep trying but right now all I can do is think about dinner...dinner that I''m not going to have
14.gif

So all you are having is lemonade? That seems crazAY!
6.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 1:55:13 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

14.gif

6.gif
Yea it is.

Nutritionally speaking, fasting a few times a year is good for your body because it cleans out your system. The drink itself it has enough nutrients from the lemons and pure maple syrup. You drink it as you''re feeling hungry. It''s definitely not easy and I think tonight I''m going to have some salad because I''m starving.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 2:14:07 PM

Date: 2/19/2009 1:55:13 PM

14.gif

6.gif
Yea it is.

Nutritionally speaking, fasting a few times a year is good for your body because it cleans out your system. The drink itself it has enough nutrients from the lemons and pure maple syrup. You drink it as you''re feeling hungry. It''s definitely not easy and I think tonight I''m going to have some salad because I''m starving.
Oh...is this the one with the cayenne pepper too? I tried it once and last for a day! hahaha

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Bia, is it Master Cleanse? I think that''s the one I''ve heard of with lemonade and maple.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Yes m''ams, that''d be the one.

And sammy, I don''t think I''m gonna last out the evening...

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 4:00:55 PM
Yes m''ams, that''d be the one.

And sammy, I don''t think I''m gonna last out the evening...
I don''t blame you!!! You''ve lasted way longer than I ever will/would/did....
36.gif

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Oooo girls, didn''t even realise this thread was here!

Bia, I am very impressed with your fasting- I have consumed a yearly amount of calories today I think! Just couldn''t stop eating! Am going to try harder after the weekend...
Just be careful you don''t make yourself ill, heard loads of horror stories of detox diets ending in girls collapsing etc!

Anyway, off to have a shower and go to bed as it''s 10.30pm here in UK!
35.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Ive been busy.
7.gif

I stopped taking my laptop to class with me because I just sit on PS instead of paying attention.
20.gif

So I can only post at work and that''s MWF.

This weekend I have a friends birthday on Saturday... that''s about it. FF is sick so we may just stay in on Friday or something. I have a lot of laundry to do... so I''ll probably spend all day Sunday doing that.

20.gif

How''d your 2nd exam go, elle? What''s MWF by the way??

Laundry is a good way to spend a Sunday, but make your FF turn over the loads ...I hate that part!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 8:36:41 PM
Author: sammyj

Ive been busy.
7.gif

20.gif

So I can only post at work and that''s MWF.

20.gif

How''d your 2nd exam go, elle? What''s MWF by the way??

Laundry is a good way to spend a Sunday, but make your FF turn over the loads ...I hate that part!
MWF = Monday, Wednesday, Friday
3.gif

2nd exam went pretty well. The prof fell asleep while we were taking it. I stood up to turn my exam in (I happened to be the first one done) and everyone''s like "DON''T WAKE HIM!" (In a stern whisper) So I was tip-toeing around him trying to turn in my exam. He didn''t budge. He was out cold. I left right after my exam, so I''m not sure at what point... if ever... he woke up.

One time he was late to class because he fell asleep in his office. At 2:30 (In a 2PM class) someone walked up to see if he was coming down. He was passed out, so he said kind of loud "Coming to class today?" and he jolted awake "What time is it? What class?" ".... 2:30... Senior Seminar in Sociology"

"I''ll be right there"

We haven''t let him live it down yet. He''s hilarious.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 5:31:03 PM
Author: chocolatefudge
Oooo girls, didn't even realise this thread was here!
haha! That is hilarious.
rotflmao2.gif
I've been creating these threads since December...Glad you could join us! lol

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 10:50:50 AM

Date: 2/19/2009 5:31:03 PM
Oooo girls, didn''t even realise this thread was here!
haha! That is hilarious.
rotflmao2.gif
I''ve been creating these threads since December...Glad you could join us! lol

You need a better marketing team, DG!
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
lol yes, maybe I do!
6.gif
7.gif
39.gif
9.gif

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Oooops! Sorry DG! I come on here everyday but don''t always post, however I like these laid back threads. Promise to look out for them from now on
20.gif

Don''t know how I''ve missed them before...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 1:07:25 PM
Oooops! Sorry DG! I come on here everyday but don''t always post, however I like these laid back threads. Promise to look out for them from now on
20.gif

Don''t know how I''ve missed them before...
lol I''m teasing....you know
2.gif
3.gif
I agree. The laid back threads are tons of fun!

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend? It''s only noon here and I am already wishing it was 5:00! This has been an unbearably long week!
38.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Do you ever feel LEFT OUT at work when people make plans to eat out for lunch (and your the only other one in the office for the day) and they still don't invite you?
38.gif

Not to mention the *hush* *hush* secrets they will discuss while gone with everything happening around here these days. Only means they don't want me to know...
39.gif
Whatever. That's fine. I'll stay here where people like me! lol
2.gif

ETA- And I'm the one who's always like "Hey guys, we should go out to lunch sometime!" ok sure....without Dreamgirl...lol
14.gif

Then again, I don't know if my co-worker is going out with another one...or her boyfriend. I could be over-reacting...lol

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone hope all is having a good day! ohh such a bummer I''m feeling kinda down today.... no definite reason such kinda blah. I guess it also has to do with me being on my time of the month. aahhh I hate this ok thanks for letting me vent.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 2:08:54 PM
Author: xoxo
Hello everyone hope all is having a good day! ohh such a bummer I''m feeling kinda down today.... no definite reason such kinda blah. I guess it also has to do with me being on my time of the month. aahhh I hate this ok thanks for letting me vent.
I hear you on that one! I''m almost there.....as in, any day now. lol
29.gif
20.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 2:12:31 PM

29.gif
20.gif
That''s better than "any minute now!"
20.gif
2.gif

Xoxo, that was the tiniest vent of all time. If you''re going to apologize for venting, it needs to be an astronomical vent! At LEAST with it''s own thread, and multiple angry emoties. Those mini-vents don''t need an apology.
9.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 2:35:47 PM
That's better than 'any minute now!'
20.gif
2.gif

Xoxo, that was the tiniest vent of all time. If you're going to apologize for venting, it needs to be an astronomical vent! At LEAST with it's own thread, and multiple angry emoties. Those mini-vents don't need an apology.
9.gif
Well....I guess any day now could be any minute now. Sure....just in time for the weekend too
29.gif
^#%$*& lol (or not...) lol

That WAS the teeniest tiniest vent of all time...how cute! ha! My vents are usually a book long. And usually over dramatised exaggeration is my forte.
6.gif
lol (sorry everyone lol!)

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 2:12:31 PM

29.gif
20.gif

That''s better than ''any minute now!''
20.gif
2.gif

Xoxo, that was the tiniest vent of all time. If you''re going to apologize for venting, it needs to be an astronomical vent! At LEAST with it''s own thread, and multiple angry emoties. Those mini-vents don''t need an apology.
9.gif
haha you ladies are too sweet Thanks.

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 3:19:20 PM

That''s better than ''any minute now!''
20.gif
2.gif

9.gif
Well....I guess any day now could be any minute now. Sure....just in time for the weekend too
29.gif
^#%$*& lol (or not...) lol

That WAS the teeniest tiniest vent of all time...how cute! ha! My vents are usually a book long. And usually over dramatised exaggeration is my forte.
6.gif
lol (sorry everyone lol!)
oh i hope not this weekend to dream lol.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results