shape
carat
color
clarity

The February LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hey what is everyone''s favorite tv shows? I am just sitting here LOVING the biggest loser! I thought I was going to have to miss it yesterday by going out to eat, but luckily there was the president''s thing and then it was on tonight! Woo hoo!!!
36.gif
36.gif

So I also LOVE Nip/Tuck with a passion, I love Real Housewives of anything.. and lately I haven''t really watched any other shows since I have been so busy! I do love my deal or no deal though- I tried out for it last summer! And I got such a bad sun burn. haha

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a 24 addict...loooove Jack Bauer! I''m also a fan of Top Chef (just got home, so I''m watching the finale that I recorded from earlier!), CSI: Miami, and pretty much anything on the Food Network. Oh, and my guilty pleasure is Rock of Love...I know it''s trashy, but I can''t help but watch the trainwreck!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Favorite shows...

Scrubs
The Office
30 Rock
The Hills
20.gif

The Secret Life of the American Teenager
Gilmore Girls (Even though there aren''t new episodes, I still watch it every day at 5pm!)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
And where are DreamGirl and Bia??? I didn''t see them at all yesterday!

39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
37.gif
2.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I''m here Elle.

I have a MAJOR project due on Saturday so I''ve been preoccupied with that. Have you ever noticed how when you have a big paper/presentation (I have both) or whatever due, you are mentally preoccupied with it and yet, not a lot of work gets done? I am so exhausted by just thinking about what I have to do...some of it is not even done.
39.gif

I need Job-Well-Done-Bia dust!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 12:22:48 PM
Author: Bia
I''m here Elle.

I have a MAJOR project due on Saturday so I''ve been preoccupied with that. Have you ever noticed how when you have a big paper/presentation (I have both) or whatever due, you are mentally preoccupied with it and yet, not a lot of work gets done? I am so exhausted by just thinking about what I have to do...some of it is not even done.
39.gif

I need Job-Well-Done-Bia dust!

Hahahha... I know exactly what you''re talking about. You block a whole day to worry, and accomplish nothing.

"Can''t watch TV! Have to worry about my project"

******DUST******* for Bia to rock out her project

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 12:26:11 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Hahahha... I know exactly what you''re talking about. You block a whole day to worry, and accomplish nothing.

''Can''t watch TV! Have to worry about my project''

That was me last night. FI came in to the bedroom and said, "I thought you were ''working on your project''?" He caught me surfing the web instead.
3.gif

I''m staying at work tonight because I can''t work at home...too many lovely distractions
11.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 12:30:33 PM

Date: 2/26/2009 12:26:11 PM

''Can''t watch TV! Have to worry about my project''

That was me last night. FI came in to the bedroom and said, ''I thought you were ''working on your project''?'' He caught me surfing the web instead.
3.gif

I''m staying at work tonight because I can''t work at home...too many lovely distractions
11.gif
Ahh, yeah, I get distracted easily. I need a white room that only fits a desk and a chair, and that''s IT!

Today is going by slower than any day has ever gone by in my life. I still have like 3 hours left of work and I don''t know if I''ll make it.

I caught FF''s cold and now I''ll be sick for our weekend to Chicago.
39.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Couldn't you just post in 'Small Talk' Dream?
31.gif

We won't tell, right Elle?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 3:11:49 PM
Couldn''t you just post in ''Small Talk'' Dream?
31.gif

We won''t tell, right Elle?
My lips are sealed!!
12.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
elle, yay for x-ing the box on your toxic friendship!!
36.gif

misskitty, I''m a TV fanatic. My BF doesn''t understand how I watch so much TV. My fave shows that I''m currently watching are:
-The Bachelor (I think I''m done after this season though)
-Top Chef
-Survivor
-Grey''s Anatomy

And then any voids in my life can be filled by MTV
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bwahahha.... the fallout from the dreaded Facebook Scandal has now arrived.

Ex friend noticed that I deleted her, so I receive this:

"I see that you have decided that we are no longer going to be friends. Thanks for the FYI. Good luck with everything."

So, I respond with this:

"I really wasn't doing it to be mean. If you feel I should have notified you in advance, I'm sorry for that. In trying to figure all of this out, it became clear that Facebook was actually one of the contributors to our problems, so I eliminated the variable. This was not supposed to be a final slap in the face, an insult, or anything like that. We aren't "friends" because we're friends on Facebook. We're friends because we trust, communicate, and have a relationship that both of us enjoy and value. That's clearly not the case anymore.

I don't feel like you were honest with me on the phone, and after reflecting back on the conversation, I realized there isn't really much to salvage anymore, and it's best if we don't have access to each other's lives on Facebook, because I'm pretty certain it will only cause more problems.

As of now, I'm done. I'm not mad at you, or anything like that. I'm just done. I will not talk about you or this situation to anyone from here on out, and I'd appreciate the same respect. We may not have made it as friends, but we were close friends at one point, so respecting one another going our separate ways seems fair to me. "

and get THIS back: (edited for language, and to protect the innocent)

"Well I'm glad that your conversation with F led you to this conclusion and not the conversation that we had. I don't feel that facebook contributed to this, but I know you do. I heard that my comment about friends only putting effort into their romantic relationships and not friendships really bothered you. That's my personal opinion about my friends in general, nearly everyone does it to some extent and if you took offense to it then it must ring true on your part. I'm glad you told me that's what was bugging you and led you to calling me. Only I know what I'm really feeling about something and if you feel I wasn't honest then it definitely isn't worth fighting to be your friend. I guess if I decided our relationship on everything that F told me you discussed then I would say you weren't honest with me either. It is a slap in the face after everything and you're right, there is nothing to salvage when you're "friend" can't pick up the phone and tell you they don't think it's going to work. I still hadn't decided what I was going to do about us, but when I had, I was going to call you either way. I would say that I am mad at you because that was a b&%$# move and no respect will come from my side. "

I personally like the threat at the end. Sigh.

I was upset at first, but now I realize based on that email that she enjoys hurting me more than she wanted to fix things. The funny thing is, is that facebook WAS the source of a lot of problems. She told me that, and so did our mutual friend, but then once I put the final nail in the coffin, suddenly I'm a B&%$#.

I wanted to end amicably, but she clearly wants to be mean. I'm not partaking. I'm done. I'm not playing this game.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:45:38 AM

''I see that you have decided that we are no longer going to be friends. Thanks for the FYI. Good luck with everything.''

So, I respond with this:

''I really wasn''t doing it to be mean. If you feel I should have notified you in advance, I''m sorry for that. In trying to figure all of this out, it became clear that Facebook was actually one of the contributors to our problems, so I eliminated the variable. This was not supposed to be a final slap in the face, an insult, or anything like that. We aren''t ''friends'' because we''re friends on Facebook. We''re friends because we trust, communicate, and have a relationship that both of us enjoy and value. That''s clearly not the case anymore.

I don''t feel like you were honest with me on the phone, and after reflecting back on the conversation, I realized there isn''t really much to salvage anymore, and it''s best if we don''t have access to each other''s lives on Facebook, because I''m pretty certain it will only cause more problems.

As of now, I''m done. I''m not mad at you, or anything like that. I''m just done. I will not talk about you or this situation to anyone from here on out, and I''d appreciate the same respect. We may not have made it as friends, but we were close friends at one point, so respecting one another going our separate ways seems fair to me. ''

''Well I''m glad that your conversation with F led you to this conclusion and not the conversation that we had. I don''t feel that facebook contributed to this, but I know you do. I heard that my comment about friends only putting effort into their romantic relationships and not friendships really bothered you. That''s my personal opinion about my friends in general, nearly everyone does it to some extent and if you took offense to it then it must ring true on your part. I''m glad you told me that''s what was bugging you and led you to calling me. Only I know what I''m really feeling about something and if you feel I wasn''t honest then it definitely isn''t worth fighting to be your friend. I guess if I decided our relationship on everything that F told me you discussed then I would say you weren''t honest with me either. It is a slap in the face after everything and you''re right, there is nothing to salvage when you''re ''friend'' can''t pick up the phone and tell you they don''t think it''s going to work. I still hadn''t decided what I was going to do about us, but when I had, I was going to call you either way. I would say that I am mad at you because that was a b&%$# move and no respect will come from my side. ''

I was upset at first, but now I realize based on that email that she enjoys hurting me more than she wanted to fix things. The funny thing is, is that facebook WAS the source of a lot of problems. She told me that, and so did our mutual friend, but then once I put the final nail in the coffin, suddenly I''m a B&%$#.

I wanted to end amicably, but she clearly wants to be mean. I''m not partaking. I''m done. I''m not playing this game.
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Wow. I thought your responses to her were very mature and level-headed. You didn''t accuse her of anything, you just told her how you felt. She, on the other hand, well....I have no words. Are your social circles really intertwined? I mean, are most of your friends her friends too? Will she run rampant bad-mouthing you? You''re a tough girl, elle, and I know you''re way above all of this. Sorry that your ex-friend sucks so much.
14.gif

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock

''I see that you have decided that we are no longer going to be friends. Thanks for the FYI. Good luck with everything.''

So, I respond with this:

''I really wasn''t doing it to be mean. If you feel I should have notified you in advance, I''m sorry for that. In trying to figure all of this out, it became clear that Facebook was actually one of the contributors to our problems, so I eliminated the variable. This was not supposed to be a final slap in the face, an insult, or anything like that. We aren''t ''friends'' because we''re friends on Facebook. We''re friends because we trust, communicate, and have a relationship that both of us enjoy and value. That''s clearly not the case anymore.

I don''t feel like you were honest with me on the phone, and after reflecting back on the conversation, I realized there isn''t really much to salvage anymore, and it''s best if we don''t have access to each other''s lives on Facebook, because I''m pretty certain it will only cause more problems.

As of now, I''m done. I''m not mad at you, or anything like that. I''m just done. I will not talk about you or this situation to anyone from here on out, and I''d appreciate the same respect. We may not have made it as friends, but we were close friends at one point, so respecting one another going our separate ways seems fair to me. ''

''Well I''m glad that your conversation with F led you to this conclusion and not the conversation that we had. I don''t feel that facebook contributed to this, but I know you do. I heard that my comment about friends only putting effort into their romantic relationships and not friendships really bothered you. That''s my personal opinion about my friends in general, nearly everyone does it to some extent and if you took offense to it then it must ring true on your part. I''m glad you told me that''s what was bugging you and led you to calling me. Only I know what I''m really feeling about something and if you feel I wasn''t honest then it definitely isn''t worth fighting to be your friend. I guess if I decided our relationship on everything that F told me you discussed then I would say you weren''t honest with me either. It is a slap in the face after everything and you''re right, there is nothing to salvage when you''re ''friend'' can''t pick up the phone and tell you they don''t think it''s going to work. I still hadn''t decided what I was going to do about us, but when I had, I was going to call you either way. I would say that I am mad at you because that was a b&%$# move and no respect will come from my side. ''

I was upset at first, but now I realize based on that email that she enjoys hurting me more than she wanted to fix things. The funny thing is, is that facebook WAS the source of a lot of problems. She told me that, and so did our mutual friend, but then once I put the final nail in the coffin, suddenly I''m a B&%$#.

I wanted to end amicably, but she clearly wants to be mean. I''m not partaking. I''m done. I''m not playing this game.
Dude.
6.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock

So, I respond with this:

Some people thrive off negative attention/interaction. I think you did the best thing for you elle - she seems like a crazy person and like you said she apparently enjoys hurting you. I''m sure its more about you hurting her back than just simply her hurting you - she wants that drama.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
WOW. Yeah, I think you made the right call deleting this one. Drama queen!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results