shape
carat
color
clarity

The February LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Eww, she needs to grow up, STAT. At least she''s an ex-friend and not someone you''re still hanging out with.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Yea you need to stay as far away from her as possible. Dont worry about the gossip I''m sure people know shes a big mouth and they''ll figure out that she lies soon enough.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
One of my "bridesmaids" just told me that she and her SO put down a deposit on a ring this past weekend!! I''m so excited for her! We went to high school together and neither of us thought we''d be getting married early on in life; but, here we are - hardcore LsIW! Im so excited I cant wait ''til he proposes! She said the ring is pear shaped with a delicate pave band. I think I''m more excited to see it because its not my personal taste, but none the less it sounds gorgeous! I''ll post pictures as soon as he proposes and she lets me take a photo shoot of the ring. Its her birthday this weekend - do you think its possible for him to pay off the rest as a surprise and propose then ??? I better bring my camera Saturday night
2.gif
(sorry for all the "excited"s haha
3.gif
)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 9:18:03 PM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
One of my ''bridesmaids'' just told me that she and her SO put down a deposit on a ring this past weekend!! I''m so excited for her! We went to high school together and neither of us thought we''d be getting married early on in life; but, here we are - hardcore LsIW! Im so excited I cant wait ''til he proposes! She said the ring is pear shaped with a delicate pave band. I think I''m more excited to see it because its not my personal taste, but none the less it sounds gorgeous! I''ll post pictures as soon as he proposes and she lets me take a photo shoot of the ring. Its her birthday this weekend - do you think its possible for him to pay off the rest as a surprise and propose then ??? I better bring my camera Saturday night
2.gif
(sorry for all the ''excited''s haha
3.gif
)
Awww.. yay! That''s awesome! Congrats to your friend.

And yes... please do bring on the pictures!!
31.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
::Kicks the dirt::

::tumbleweed rolls by::

Man... I sure I was had someone to play with in small talk today!
5.gif

Anybody out there...?

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I''m here.
35.gif

Not sure where everyone else is though...

I loved your pics in your who''s who thread! (i posted there too btw.
1.gif
)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 10:07:12 AM
Author: sammyj
I''m here.
35.gif

1.gif
)
Woo hoo!! Hi Sammy!
35.gif

Thanks! I forgot to go back over and check it out. I often times forget I even have a thread over there.

How''s your Wednesday going?

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 10:08:28 AM
Author: elledizzy5

I''m here.
35.gif

1.gif
)
Woo hoo!! Hi Sammy!
35.gif

Thanks! I forgot to go back over and check it out. I often times forget I even have a thread over there.

Meh! It''s going ok...it''s not a Saturday or Sunday, you know?
2.gif

How about you? I''m intrigued about your ex-BFF....I can''t help it. I''m a nosy gossip!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 10:13:06 AM

Date: 2/25/2009 10:08:28 AM

I''m here.
35.gif

1.gif
)
Woo hoo!! Hi Sammy!
35.gif

Meh! It''s going ok...it''s not a Saturday or Sunday, you know?
2.gif

How about you? I''m intrigued about your ex-BFF....I can''t help it. I''m a nosy gossip!
Yes, I hear you! I''m going to Chicago for the weekend, so I''m excited. I have Friday off!

hahaha! Ex-BFF. I wouldn''t even know where to start.
14.gif

The best way I can sum it up is that everything I do is wrong. She is paranoid that every time I change my status update on Facebook, it''s about her. They''re usually about life in general, or something I''ve observed about the world. They''re not directed at her! For some reason, she always thinks they are, and gets mad... but never tells me about it. And then personally attacks me on her Facebook. On her Facebook this time, she basically told everyone that I put my boyfriend first and refuse to go anywhere without him. This is not true, and other girlfriends of mine have never complained of this. I always go out without him!

She told a mutual friend she was mad because I friended an ex of hers, and said "HI" on his wall.
20.gif

Since when am I not allowed to be friendly, and how about the the fact that when I was with my ex, and you were fighting with me, you''d HANG OUT with my ex behind my back and complain about me! Or the fact that you invited my ex boyfriend of 5 years who was mentally abusive to me to your birthday party last year. They aren''t even friends!!! Could you imagine having to go to a party with your ex, and your current boyfriend.. especially when the two arent friends? She doesnt even have his number, she sent him an invite over facebook. Also it''s not like it was a big party, there were about 8 people. One of which was him that was invited. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO YOUR SUPPOSED BEST FRIEND???

I''m tempted to just delete her to eliminate the problem, but then she''ll take it as I''m being "mean". Maybe I should just message her and say "To prevent you taking things out of context, I''m just going to remove you as a friend. I will not say bad things about you, and I hope you can do the same."

Whew. I just got worked up. There is so much more drama. I should tell you about her recent ex. OMG. You wouldn''t believe the story, it''s so ridiculous.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 10:22:05 AM

Yes, I hear you! I''m going to Chicago for the weekend, so I''m excited. I have Friday off!

hahaha! Ex-BFF. I wouldn''t even know where to start.
14.gif

The best way I can sum it up is that everything I do is wrong. She is paranoid that every time I change my status update on Facebook, it''s about her. They''re usually about life in general, or something I''ve observed about the world. They''re not directed at her! For some reason, she always thinks they are, and gets mad... but never tells me about it. And then personally attacks me on her Facebook. On her Facebook this time, she basically told everyone that I put my boyfriend first and refuse to go anywhere without him. This is not true, and other girlfriends of mine have never complained of this. I always go out without him!

She told a mutual friend she was mad because I friended an ex of hers, and said ''HI'' on his wall.
20.gif

Since when am I not allowed to be friendly, and how about the the fact that when I was with my ex, and you were fighting with me, you''d HANG OUT with my ex behind my back and complain about me! Or the fact that you invited my ex boyfriend of 5 years who was mentally abusive to me to your birthday party last year. They aren''t even friends!!! Could you imagine having to go to a party with your ex, and your current boyfriend.. especially when the two arent friends? She doesnt even have his number, she sent him an invite over facebook. Also it''s not like it was a big party, there were about 8 people. One of which was him that was invited. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO YOUR SUPPOSED BEST FRIEND???

I''m tempted to just delete her to eliminate the problem, but then she''ll take it as I''m being ''mean''. Maybe I should just message her and say ''To prevent you taking things out of context, I''m just going to remove you as a friend. I will not say bad things about you, and I hope you can do the same.''

Whew. I just got worked up. There is so much more drama. I should tell you about her recent ex. OMG. You wouldn''t believe the story, it''s so ridiculous.
Wowza...I got worked up reading your post! This girl was your best friend for 20 years?? Has she always been like this? I''m sorry to hear that you have someone so toxic in your life, because really, that''s what she is. She makes you feel like crap, she makes you second guess who you are, and she abuses your trust in every way. Maybe she hasn''t done that throughout your entire friendship, but it definitely sounds like she''s doing it now! Honestly, she sounds incredibly insecure...or she''s just a mean person.

I couldn''t agree with you more that facebook is the devil. I don''t have an account and neither does my BF. We prefer to stay away from the drama and anything anyone wants to know about us we will tell them. Anything we should know about other people, we would hope that they would break out of the facebook bubble and remember that there are other means of communication! My dislike for fb is a different story though!

If you''re ready to cut her out of your life, then this is the time to do it. Your prologue to the friend deletion sounds good. I know you don''t want others to be involved as well, but you could also let your other friends know in the case that the ex-friend starts spreading vicious rumours, and they''ll at least know your side of the story.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and a weekend in Chicago sounds amazing! I haven''t been to Chicago since I was 12!! I''ve always wanted to go back....
What are you guys doing there?

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 9:18:03 PM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
One of my ''bridesmaids'' just told me that she and her SO put down a deposit on a ring this past weekend!! I''m so excited for her! We went to high school together and neither of us thought we''d be getting married early on in life; but, here we are - hardcore LsIW! Im so excited I cant wait ''til he proposes! She said the ring is pear shaped with a delicate pave band. I think I''m more excited to see it because its not my personal taste, but none the less it sounds gorgeous! I''ll post pictures as soon as he proposes and she lets me take a photo shoot of the ring. Its her birthday this weekend - do you think its possible for him to pay off the rest as a surprise and propose then ??? I better bring my camera Saturday night
2.gif
(sorry for all the ''excited''s haha
3.gif
)
I''m excited to see the pics too!!! A pear halo is right up my alley for a RHR!!
31.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 10:37:37 AM

Wowza...I got worked up reading your post! This girl was your best friend for 20 years?? Has she always been like this? I''m sorry to hear that you have someone so toxic in your life, because really, that''s what she is. She makes you feel like crap, she makes you second guess who you are, and she abuses your trust in every way. Maybe she hasn''t done that throughout your entire friendship, but it definitely sounds like she''s doing it now! Honestly, she sounds incredibly insecure...or she''s just a mean person.

I couldn''t agree with you more that facebook is the devil. I don''t have an account and neither does my BF. We prefer to stay away from the drama and anything anyone wants to know about us we will tell them. Anything we should know about other people, we would hope that they would break out of the facebook bubble and remember that there are other means of communication! My dislike for fb is a different story though!

If you''re ready to cut her out of your life, then this is the time to do it. Your prologue to the friend deletion sounds good. I know you don''t want others to be involved as well, but you could also let your other friends know in the case that the ex-friend starts spreading vicious rumours, and they''ll at least know your side of the story.
Yeah, I''m just kind of doing damage control right now. Trying to make sure that people that she talks to hear my side of the story before they draw their conclusions.

We''ve always had a weird relationship. On/off. We may have only been friends for 10-15 of the last 20 years. That is how on/off it is. I am letting it go now. I know she has some stuff to work through, and as much as I''ve tried to help, I obviously am not what she needs right now, and I''m getting hurt in the process, so we''re done. I''m done.

I know what you mean about FB. Having 24/7 access to the minutiae of people''s lives has seriously damaging effects. People have left your life for a reason, and following up on all of them all the time probably isn''t the best idea. I know exBFF stalks her exes on there. She even made a fake profile to friend her CURRENT boyfriend''s girlfriend (Yes, I said that right. Her boyfriend had a girlfriend. For 3 years. They both knew about one another) just so she could have access to her FB profile and use it against her.

I feel mean deleting her, but I think I might have to, for my sanity.

Now I have a headache. LOL. I was thinkin too hard.
14.gif

What else is new with you? Anything fun planned this weekend?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 10:38:30 AM
Oh, and a weekend in Chicago sounds amazing! I haven't been to Chicago since I was 12!! I've always wanted to go back....
What are you guys doing there?
We're visiting J's brother and sister-in-law on Friday night. Then, on Saturday night, my parents will be there (They live in Las Vegas) visiting my step-brother, step-sister-in-law (Is that a term?) and their 5 kids. Since we're only 4 hours from Chicago, we visit when my parents are visiting.

You're in Canada right? Where exactly are you?

Your country is great. It made it possible for me to drink at 19, since it was only about 20 minutes to Windsor from where I lived at the time.
9.gif

No but seriously, we love Canada, and even considered moving there.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Yaaaay, Chicago! I miss that city, and I can''t wait to go back in a few weeks. What are you going for?

Also, re: the ex-BFF, I''ve been there before and it sucks. Don''t even give her the satisfaction of knowing that the drama she''s stirring up is getting to you. People like her crave that kind of attention, so sending her a message (even if you''re very much being the bigger person) is still fueling her. Just delete her from Facebook, and delete her from your life. If she tries to contact you, ignore ignore ignore (and politely resist attempts from mutual friends to get dirt on the situation!).

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 10:50:18 AM
Author: misskitty
Yaaaay, Chicago! I miss that city, and I can''t wait to go back in a few weeks. What are you going for?

Also, re: the ex-BFF, I''ve been there before and it sucks. Don''t even give her the satisfaction of knowing that the drama she''s stirring up is getting to you. People like her crave that kind of attention, so sending her a message (even if you''re very much being the bigger person) is still fueling her. Just delete her from Facebook, and delete her from your life. If she tries to contact you, ignore ignore ignore (and politely resist attempts from mutual friends to get dirt on the situation!).
You''re right. It would be the best thing for me. I just fear the backlash. LOL
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 10:45:17 AM

Yeah, I''m just kind of doing damage control right now. Trying to make sure that people that she talks to hear my side of the story before they draw their conclusions.

We''ve always had a weird relationship. On/off. We may have only been friends for 10-15 of the last 20 years. That is how on/off it is. I am letting it go now. I know she has some stuff to work through, and as much as I''ve tried to help, I obviously am not what she needs right now, and I''m getting hurt in the process, so we''re done. I''m done.

I know what you mean about FB. Having 24/7 access to the minutiae of people''s lives has seriously damaging effects. People have left your life for a reason, and following up on all of them all the time probably isn''t the best idea. I know exBFF stalks her exes on there. She even made a fake profile to friend her CURRENT boyfriend''s girlfriend (Yes, I said that right. Her boyfriend had a girlfriend. For 3 years. They both knew about one another) just so she could have access to her FB profile and use it against her.

I feel mean deleting her, but I think I might have to, for my sanity.

Now I have a headache. LOL. I was thinkin too hard.
14.gif

What else is new with you? Anything fun planned this weekend?
Wow elle...that''s crazy. She does have major issues to deal with and if she''s pushing away friends that only have her best interest at heart, then it''s her loss. As much as it sucks to lose a friend, I bet it will feel like a big weight off your shoulders once you delete her. (ditto to everything misskitty said!)

Nothing too new this weekend. My friend, who is going to school in PA, is coming home so we''re having a girls'' night out on Saturday. Sunday I am babysitting in the morning for a friend who is running a half marathon. Her little girl, Olivia, is hilarious. She''s 7 and can practically babysit herself.

Canada is great. If you think Ontario is wonderful, you should have made a trip to Quebec to drink and party at the age of 18!!! I live about 30 minutes from Toronto and 3 hours from Windsor. I love being Canadian and I feel privileged to have been raised here. The only thing I will complain about weather (because really, we always complain about weather!). I would love to move to California to enjoy the beach year-round but my BF will have nothing of it.
7.gif

I''m glad to hear you love Canada! Where have you visited? I apologize on behalf of all of us for our lack of Target and other fabulous stores....

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 11:02:02 AM

Wow elle...that''s crazy. She does have major issues to deal with and if she''s pushing away friends that only have her best interest at heart, then it''s her loss. As much as it sucks to lose a friend, I bet it will feel like a big weight off your shoulders once you delete her. (ditto to everything misskitty said!)

Nothing too new this weekend. My friend, who is going to school in PA, is coming home so we''re having a girls'' night out on Saturday. Sunday I am babysitting in the morning for a friend who is running a half marathon. Her little girl, Olivia, is hilarious. She''s 7 and can practically babysit herself.

Canada is great. If you think Ontario is wonderful, you should have made a trip to Quebec to drink and party at the age of 18!!! I live about 30 minutes from Toronto and 3 hours from Windsor. I love being Canadian and I feel privileged to have been raised here. The only thing I will complain about weather (because really, we always complain about weather!). I would love to move to California to enjoy the beach year-round but my BF will have nothing of it.
7.gif

I''m glad to hear you love Canada! Where have you visited? I apologize on behalf of all of us for our lack of Target and other fabulous stores....

Fun! Girls night out!! That should be a really good time. I haven''t gone out and had a lot of drinks with the girls in a while! Jealous!

I have cousins in Toronto, so I''ve visited there a few times. Spent a lot of time in Windsor, of course, since it''s so close to me. And, Niagra Falls of course (We always stay Canadian side). I wish I could travel more in Canada, but we''ve been saving money. We''re about due for a mini-vacation, maybe FF and I can check out Quebec! I think Quebec is like 12 hours from me, though.
39.gif

I would love to go to Quebec! I think Canada is great, and I''ve heard such good things about a lot of the cities out there. Plus, I''d get to use more of the French that I spent 5 years studying! Ha!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 11:08:20 AM

Fun! Girls night out!! That should be a really good time. I haven''t gone out and had a lot of drinks with the girls in a while! Jealous!

I have cousins in Toronto, so I''ve visited there a few times. Spent a lot of time in Windsor, of course, since it''s so close to me. And, Niagra Falls of course (We always stay Canadian side). I wish I could travel more in Canada, but we''ve been saving money. We''re about due for a mini-vacation, maybe FF and I can check out Quebec! I think Quebec is like 12 hours from me, though.
39.gif

I would love to go to Quebec! I think Canada is great, and I''ve heard such good things about a lot of the cities out there. Plus, I''d get to use more of the French that I spent 5 years studying! Ha!
I don''t get to see my group of girlfriends from high school that often, so when we can arrange something, I''m all over it! Heck, I''m usually the one that organizes the get-togethers!

Well, with the crappy exchange these days, now is as good a time as any to visit Canada! Not great for me...but VERY good for you!

I studied French for 13 years, and I''m still terrible! I get really nervous speaking it and my vocabulary goes out the window. I got us through our week in France but I felt like an idiot everytime I had to utter anything in French! My BF stopped taking French in the 9th grade (and attended Christian elementary school so I don''t think he ever learned much before that), so he has french lessons on his ipod that he painfully forces me to help him through. His French is absolutely atrocious. You have to visit Quebec City. It''s quaint, historical, cultural and fun. It would definitely be quite the drive for you!

Any road trip recommendations fo US cities?!?!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 11:15:13 AM

Date: 2/25/2009 11:08:20 AM

39.gif

I don''t get to see my group of girlfriends from high school that often, so when we can arrange something, I''m all over it! Heck, I''m usually the one that organizes the get-togethers!

Well, with the crappy exchange these days, now is as good a time as any to visit Canada! Not great for me...but VERY good for you!

I studied French for 13 years, and I''m still terrible! I get really nervous speaking it and my vocabulary goes out the window. I got us through our week in France but I felt like an idiot everytime I had to utter anything in French! My BF stopped taking French in the 9th grade (and attended Christian elementary school so I don''t think he ever learned much before that), so he has french lessons on his ipod that he painfully forces me to help him through. His French is absolutely atrocious. You have to visit Quebec City. It''s quaint, historical, cultural and fun. It would definitely be quite the drive for you!

Any road trip recommendations fo US cities?!?!

Did you notice in France that when you try and speak French, they speak back in English, because they''re generally better at it? The entire time in France everyone would talk to me in English. I was so frustrated! I''d ask in French, they''d answer in English.

US Cities...

Well I know Michigan pretty well. Traverse City is GORGEOUS. Mackinac Island is always fun (No cars, lot of fudge!)

You''ve been to Chicago, so that''s out.

Mephis, TN was a good time, but that''s a DRIVE for you.

Everything else would be pretty far as a drive, you''d really have to fly. Michigan has a lot of cool places, and is really pretty (probably a lot like CA!). Traverse City is phenomenal, especially if you hit up the sand dunes, and there are tons of wineries.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Not gonna lie, I''m totally jealous of you for living in Canada. I applied to McGill when I was about to start undergrad, but chickened out of moving at the last minute.

US road trip cities...Boston is a great time, Chicago will always have my heart, and I had a really awesome time in Philly when I was there. I''d recco St. Louis, but that''s a pretty long road trip considering there''s not as much to do here as in the bigger cities. Although, we do have the Budweiser clydesdales!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 11:24:37 AM
Not gonna lie, I''m totally jealous of you for living in Canada. I applied to McGill when I was about to start undergrad, but chickened out of moving at the last minute.

US road trip cities...Boston is a great time, Chicago will always have my heart, and I had a really awesome time in Philly when I was there. I''d recco St. Louis, but that''s a pretty long road trip considering there''s not as much to do here as in the bigger cities. Although, we do have the Budweiser clydesdales!

I need to travel more around the US. I''ve never been to the East Cost.
23.gif

No NY, no Boston... nothing. I''d like to hit up Maine for the seafood.
9.gif

I have been to Philly, but I was younger, and don''t remember it too well.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Maine is AWESOME. If you ever get the chance, take 2 weeks off, and hit up some B&Bs along the coast and just check out the impossibly sweet little towns. It''s unreal.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...great recommendations ladies! My family traveled to Boston when I was younger and I remember how gorgeous it was. I''d love to go back!

Traverse City, Mackinaw Island, Memphis, Philly and St. Lous sound like fun! Traverse city especially sounds like it''s right up my alley. Maybe I can convince my BF to take a roadie. He''s much more interested in visiting exotic locations that require 10+ hour flights and complete immersion in a different culture...I think this has to do with his rural upbringing!

elle, in France, the first thing I''d say to anyone is "parlez-vous francais?" Just so I wouldn''t feel like a complete dolt trying to find words in French. A lot of people actually didn''t know English which made some situations really difficult! I hated the feeling of being in a country and not being able to communicate with its residents.

misskitty, that''s too bad that you chickened out of going to McGill! Montreal is an amazing city. Great food, culture, nightlife and shopping! My BF wants to move there but I''m worried about finding a job since I''m not bilingual. I had to look up Budweiser Clydesdales...sad, I know!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 11:29:57 AM
Maine is AWESOME. If you ever get the chance, take 2 weeks off, and hit up some B&Bs along the coast and just check out the impossibly sweet little towns. It''s unreal.
wow...that sounds so romantic! Another one to add to the list.
1.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 11:35:39 AM
misskitty, that''s too bad that you chickened out of going to McGill! Montreal is an amazing city. Great food, culture, nightlife and shopping! My BF wants to move there but I''m worried about finding a job since I''m not bilingual. I had to look up Budweiser Clydesdales...sad, I know!

The bilingual thing is actually what scared me off. I''d only taken 4 years of French at that point, and high-school French at my school was pretty abysmal. Looking back, I should''ve just plunged right into it, but when I was 17, I was just not ready for that kind of challenge.

Also, the clydesdales are awesome. They have dalmatians for friends, and it''s the cutest thing ever to see a gigantic horse hanging out with a dog that''s 1/6 of its height!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
She''s deleted!

It''s done. She''s no longer my friend on FB. The drama can now cease.

...and the peasants rejoice.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 1:27:25 PM
She''s deleted!

I wanted to delete an acquaintance of mine last night because I often find her facebook status annoying (which is completely my fault, its my personal opinion I know - cant really hold her accountable for that)Anyway, she ended up leaving me a message a couple hours later on my wall! We dont really talk that much but thank god I didnt go with my urge otherwise it wouldve started something.

I know that has nothing to do with your situation elledizzy5 I just thought it was a funny facebook related story.

On another note.. I havent heard from SO for over two days now. Its the longest time we''ve ever gone without talking, even now with deployment and emails. I must admit its hard not to worry but I keep telling myself theres probably a silly reason.
40.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 1:27:25 PM
She''s deleted!

Love it!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Good job Elledizzy-

I never have a problem deleting anybody from facebook- One time me and my friend got in a fight and I deleted her straight away because she was so rude! Needless to say, we arent friends any more although yesterday I went out to dinner for my friend''s 21st b-day and she was there and we did talk! It was so weird!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results