shape
carat
color
clarity

The February LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 3:11:13 PM
Author: Bia
Ha! You saw that eh? hehehehe I''d rather be a nerd than a moron...nerds are cool nowadays.

Dream, you''re a boba. Boba = "silly girl" in Espanol. Because you crack me up.
2.gif

ETA: Dude, I''ll echo your Donald Faison crush (he''s a cutie) but Bill Pullman?! You''re going way too far on the Nerdometer Elle!!!!!!

I like Boba!
36.gif

Haha.. Donald Faison is hot. Fact.
3.gif

Yeah, the Bill Pullman thing is... weird. I was younger and had one of those phases when I was really into the older guys (teachers included!
6.gif
) I saw him in Independence Day, and wanted to jump him. SO weird, I know.

And yeah, i may be a nerd, but I make it look good.
10.gif

I''m nerd-chic. Like Weezer.
2.gif
20.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
[COLOR=ff3366]Happy Valentine''s Day, everyone![/COLOR]

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah! Happy Valentines Day!!!!! I stopped by again to say hello and FF and I are off for a wonderful day...

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
So....we went ring-browsing a little bit today! First time, and it was definitely interesting. I think I need to direct B over here to PS, because at the end of our little trip, he said "so you like squares, right?"
5.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
lol too cute! At least it''s a small step forward!!!
2.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
It is! I was totally disappointed with one of the SA''s we talked to, though. I don''t remember which store it was, but I was trying to help B learn his shapes, and asked to see an asscher (those are my favs, and I didn''t see any in the display). Instead, he brought out a radiant, and said "I think she might like this one better."
38.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Man, where is everyone?!?!? This place is dead...
29.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m here! Just got back from a dentist appt. It''s a good thing the hygienist is such a sweet lady, because she had bad news for me -- an old filling from years and years ago came loose and the tooth got worse, and now I need a root canal
7.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOh NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
39.gif
Gosh I''m sorry to hear that! That really stinks.
14.gif
I need to go to the dentist too sometime. I haven''t been in a while and I usually go twice a year. They will scold me when I come about that. But, I do take good care of my teeth. However, I have deep grooves in my molars so I''ve gotten cavaties even after taking good care of my teeth.
20.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I take good care of my teeth but my enamel isn''t as strong as most people''s, so even though I''ve only had 2 cavities ever, I''ve had several fillings. I kinda skipped out on my twice-a-year appointment for the past year, and I''m totally regretting it because they might have caught the damage sooner. Oops.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
I''m here but SO and I found out last night that SO''s father has the early stages of Parkinson''s Disease. We are still in shock and it has hit SO really hard
7.gif
I''m trying my best to console SO (I have a strong background in neurobiology and know quite a bit about PD on a molecular level and clinical level) but he has been in a daze all day. Just another health issue to add along with his grandma who has cancer and my heart condition.
39.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
misskitty...that sucks about your root canal! I HATE the dentist with a passion!

LabRat...sorry to hear the news about your SO''s dad. I never have the proper words in these kinds of situations so I''ll send some *dust* over to you, your SO and his family.

On another note, I just wanted to say that I read something in BWW that made my blood boil. I just need to quickly vent. Maybe I''ll stay out of that forum for awhile...except I love looking at the pretty dresses!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 3:31:14 PM
Author: LabRatPhD
I''m here but SO and I found out last night that SO''s father has the early stages of Parkinson''s Disease. We are still in shock and it has hit SO really hard
7.gif
I''m trying my best to console SO (I have a strong background in neurobiology and know quite a bit about PD on a molecular level and clinical level) but he has been in a daze all day. Just another health issue to add along with his grandma who has cancer and my heart condition.
39.gif
Oh my goodness, that''s all so terrible LabRat! Sending my love...

May I ask what kind of heart condition you have?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
7.gif
39.gif

I''m sorry
7.gif
Lots of love and *dust* over to you and your family.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Sammyj - thank you for the dust! I feel so sad because SO''s father is a more of a father to me than my own father. SO has taken it very hard (he got really emotional last night when we found out). I know we will get through this - we are still in shock because it came out of nowhere for us.

Dreamgirl - Thank you! I have mitral valve prolapse. Normally people who have this do not really suffer symptoms but for me, the flaps on the valve are so thick that the blood regurgitates backwards. I have had surgery to put a stent in to open the valve better but I may have to get it replaced every 5-10 years. Ultimately my doctor would like to replace the valve but he wants to wait until I am older to see if I can avoid it. It is congenital but I didn''t find out I had it until I was 20. I have learned to deal with it and have yearly checkups with my cardiologist to help manage it. SO is so sweet - he always wants me to exercise and makes me eat well to keep me healthy. He always tells me he needs me to outlive him because he doesn''t think he can live without me!
1.gif

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 4:30:19 PM
Author: misskitty

7.gif
39.gif

I''m sorry
7.gif
Lots of love and *dust* over to you and your family.

Thank you, misskitty!
5.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 4:39:06 PM
Sammyj - thank you for the dust! I feel so sad because SO''s father is a more of a father to me than my own father. SO has taken it very hard (he got really emotional last night when we found out). I know we will get through this - we are still in shock because it came out of nowhere for us.

Dreamgirl - Thank you! I have mitral valve prolapse. Normally people who have this do not really suffer symptoms but for me, the flaps on the valve are so thick that the blood regurgitates backwards. I have had surgery to put a stent in to open the valve better but I may have to get it replaced every 5-10 years. Ultimately my doctor would like to replace the valve but he wants to wait until I am older to see if I can avoid it. It is congenital but I didn''t find out I had it until I was 20. I have learned to deal with it and have yearly checkups with my cardiologist to help manage it. SO is so sweet - he always wants me to exercise and makes me eat well to keep me healthy. He always tells me he needs me to outlive him because he doesn''t think he can live without me!
1.gif
Awww...I just want to jump through my computer screen and give you a big hug! You and your SO sound like a great couple who can deal with anything life throws your way. [insert hug emotie here]

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Thank you sammyj! You are so sweet! I don''t know, SO has always been pretty laid back and after I found out about my heart condition, I have tried to always look at the positive side to things. We''ve weathered a lot of storms together and this is just another storm we''ll get through. Thank you for being so supportive!
1.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
1.gif
I''m glad you have it under control and know what needs to be done about it. My Dad had a stent put in a few years ago himself. I''m glad your SO wants to take good care of you too. That''s very sweet
4.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
SO is so sweet - he always wants me to exercise and makes me eat well to keep me healthy. He always tells me he needs me to outlive him because he doesn''t think he can live without me!
1.gif

Way cute :)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 4:10:50 PM
Author: sammyj
misskitty...that sucks about your root canal! I HATE the dentist with a passion!

LabRat...sorry to hear the news about your SO''s dad. I never have the proper words in these kinds of situations so I''ll send some *dust* over to you, your SO and his family.

On another note, I just wanted to say that I read something in BWW that made my blood boil. I just need to quickly vent. Maybe I''ll stay out of that forum for awhile...except I love looking at the pretty dresses!

What''d you read, Sammyj?

Is there an "I hate LIWs" club?
2.gif
3.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 10:09:03 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Is there an ''I hate LIWs'' club?
2.gif
3.gif
I''ve been away for a few days...what''d I miss???
31.gif

Elle, how can anyone hate LIW? That''s absurd...I think
23.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 10:11:42 AM
Author: Bia

Date: 2/18/2009 10:09:03 AM

Is there an ''I hate LIWs'' club?
2.gif
3.gif
I''ve been away for a few days...what''d I miss???
31.gif

Elle, how can anyone hate LIW? That''s absurd...I think
23.gif
Hahahaha... we are a *tad* whiny. I don''t think anyone hates LIW... most probably feel for us! I think once you''ve passed through it (Some are the exception to this) .. you forget how hard it was and the advice they give is a lot more stern.

"STOP WHINING TO YOUR FFs ABOUT ENGAGEMENT!! LET HIM DO IT!!! BACK OFF!!!"

....weren''t you the LIW that was whining 6 months ago?
2.gif

I don''t mean that in a mean way. All the PSers mean well, and once you''ve lived something, it''s easy to tell someone else how it *should* be done. It''s just funny how hindsight is 20/20. Once you''re away from LIW it''s so easy to say back off and take it easy. Maybe being an LIW is like childbirth... once it''s done, you forget the pain!
3.gif

Wow I just ran off on a tangent there.... sorry for the random Soapbox.

Sigh... When''s lunch?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 10:17:27 AM

Hahahaha... we are a *tad* whiny. I don''t think anyone hates LIW... most probably feel for us! I think once you''ve passed through it (Some are the exception to this) .. you forget how hard it was and the advice they give is a lot more stern.

''STOP WHINING TO YOUR FFs ABOUT ENGAGEMENT!! LET HIM DO IT!!! BACK OFF!!!''

2.gif

I don''t mean that in a mean way. All the PSers mean well, and once you''ve lived something, it''s easy to tell someone else how it *should* be done. It''s just funny how hindsight is 20/20. Once you''re away from LIW it''s so easy to say back off and take it easy. Maybe being an LIW is like childbirth... once it''s done, you forget the pain!
3.gif

Wow I just ran off on a tangent there.... sorry for the random Soapbox.

Sigh... When''s lunch?
To me it''s not whiny (hearing it now, I mean). AND believe me, I was definitely whining on more than one occasion. I haven''t forgotten how hard it was for me, so I can still relate to the LIW. Why do you think I spend so much time here?
9.gif
10.gif

I like your comparing it to childbirth. I will tell you this: Once the engagment happens, all that ''suffering'' goes immediately out the window and it begins to make sense
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock

2.gif

3.gif
I couldn''t agree more with this ENTIRE statement! hahaha
3.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 11:29:20 AM
Author: Dreamgirl

2.gif

3.gif
3.gif
I agree too!!! Ya, we''re probably pretty whiny from an outsider''s perspective but you would hope some of the women scolding us (at least that''s what it can feel like) can remember when they were going through something similar. Whatever...they can skip over our whiny posts!!!

Bia, the post was something about a cultural wedding-related event that many people don''t practice, and someone said that people who do engage in this event are ''underexposed.'' It was close-minded and not cool...but I''m over it!

I''m in a very ''meh'' mood today. This morning I went to a school where I had lost the lid to a plastic box and a pencil case (full of Occupational Therapy goodies) back in December. This was my 3rd time in the school since the holidays and the past two times everyone acted dumb when I asked about my missing stuff. The last time I was there I found a very special/unique pencil that was in my pencil case and I asked where it came from, no one knew, and I took my pencil back. Today, I went into a back room, found both the lid and my pencil case, except my pencil case was empty (with the exception of 2 pens). UGGHH!!! I was not impressed. What adult - in a school office - steals stuff?!!?!? I fully plan on putting a note inside the pencil case about who to contact if it''s lost/found and to not remove items as they''re for therapeutic use. VENT OVER.
20.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 12:49:25 PM

Date: 2/18/2009 11:29:20 AM
Author: Dreamgirl

2.gif

3.gif
3.gif
I agree too!!! Ya, we''re probably pretty whiny from an outsider''s perspective but you would hope some of the women scolding us (at least that''s what it can feel like) can remember when they were going through something similar. Whatever...they can skip over our whiny posts!!!

Bia, the post was something about a cultural wedding-related event that many people don''t practice, and someone said that people who do engage in this event are ''underexposed.'' It was close-minded and not cool...but I''m over it!

I''m in a very ''meh'' mood today. This morning I went to a school where I had lost the lid to a plastic box and a pencil case (full of Occupational Therapy goodies) back in December. This was my 3rd time in the school since the holidays and the past two times everyone acted dumb when I asked about my missing stuff. The last time I was there I found a very special/unique pencil that was in my pencil case and I asked where it came from, no one knew, and I took my pencil back. Today, I went into a back room, found both the lid and my pencil case, except my pencil case was empty (with the exception of 2 pens). UGGHH!!! I was not impressed. What adult - in a school office - steals stuff?!!?!? I fully plan on putting a note inside the pencil case about who to contact if it''s lost/found and to not remove items as they''re for therapeutic use. VENT OVER.
20.gif
Aha. Yeah... when something like that is said on a board, it''s best, as you said, to just click the "X" and come back in a few.
5.gif

Umm... stealing? A pencil case? Adults? Are you for real right now?
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

I''m embarassed, deeply embarassed, for the person who did that.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 12:49:25 PM
hehe
11.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 1:01:21 PM

Aha. Yeah... when something like that is said on a board, it''s best, as you said, to just click the ''X'' and come back in a few.
5.gif

Umm... stealing? A pencil case? Adults? Are you for real right now?
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

I''m embarassed, deeply embarassed, for the person who did that.
Thanks elle. I was so NOT impressed. I told that story three times yesterday and I was equally annoyed each time!

I decided to reschedule all of my appointments today to next week so I could take the day off. Is that bad??
11.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok!

Got roughly 4 hours of sleep last night after being up til 1 AM studying. FF is coming down with something, so he was coughing, snoring, and in and out of bed all night. That kept me up, which sucked, because I have two exams today, and a take home exam to work on.

I''m about to get in the shower, head to school, and rock out some exam-age.

Have a good day in LIW small talk ladies! When I come back I''ll be on spring break! I''ll miss you!!
39.gif
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results