shape
carat
color
clarity

The February LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 3:09:43 PM
Author: Bia

Date: 2/12/2009 3:02:31 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Ok, so do any of you guys have a sense of extreme disappointment when non-PSers get engaged? I want to ask them like 9 million questions about their diamond, but I fear they may think I''m a freak. Ok, I probably am.

An acquaintance of mine just got engaged, and she posted ONE shot on her Facebook, and it was a MOBILE UPLOAD! I can''t tell anything about it! I asked her to take pics with a macro lens. I have a problem.
3.gif

I''m telling you, people think you''re weird when you know too much.

20.gif
I posted about this a few weeks ago. They look at you like you have three heads.

I just want to share the love mannnn! My love of diamonds!

Yup...I''m the same! I just stare at people''s rings but I''m too chicken to ask anything. And I feel uncomfortable asking a faraway friend for pics but I wouldn''t hesitate to ask a PSer!

p.s. hot new avatar Bia!

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so do any of you guys have a sense of extreme disappointment when non-PSers get engaged? I want to ask them like 9 million questions about their diamond, but I fear they may think I''m a freak. Ok, I probably am.

An acquaintance of mine just got engaged, and she posted ONE shot on her Facebook, and it was a MOBILE UPLOAD! I can''t tell anything about it! I asked her to take pics with a macro lens. I have a problem.
3.gif
haha thats cute, yeah it gets really exciting when someone I know gets engaged. Like when one of my very very close friend got engaged last month I made her take lots of picture and send it to my email lol. We were so excited together that I had to meet up with her the next day and we chatted all about it. BTW I had the flu that day but I didnt care I still meet up with her and boy after that I went to the doctor the next day and off for work 2 days with bronchitis. I told m friend and she said you sure love e-rings lol.

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 12:50:56 PM
Author: LabRatPhD
xoxo - I was a little sad but SO promised we will definitely go tomorrow. It''s going to be hard to run experiments because I am really excited!

Bia - I know! I am excited to see it myself! I have tried on a number of rings since the beginning of the year, but none have really felt like *my* ring. SO put a 2.1 ct Tiffany setting ring on hold until tomorrow so we can see it! I am DYING!
yay
36.gif
so exciting keep us posted and have lots and lots of fun
36.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 10:25:46 AM

Dream: Glad to hear your SO is doing okay...

Okay, I need a new avatar people (Dream, any ideas?). BUT, I don''t know what! The one I am using right now looks all smushed and I can''t get it to fit...how do you do that?
Thanks Bia
2.gif
Do you still want the avatar you have now? Cause I''ve been gone all day so I don''t know if this is the one you were talking about...

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 3:47:42 PM
Author: sammyj

3.gif

20.gif
I posted about this a few weeks ago. They look at you like you have three heads.

Yup...I''m the same! I just stare at people''s rings but I''m too chicken to ask anything. And I feel uncomfortable asking a faraway friend for pics but I wouldn''t hesitate to ask a PSer!

p.s. hot new avatar Bia!

I find myself trying not to stare and analyze the size/cut/color/clarity! It can get bad sometimes! "Oh sorry.. I was just trying to determine the specs of your diamond! Whats the table spread on that?" Its like men talking cars lol

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 8:32:35 PM
Author: SailorsSweet

3.gif

20.gif

p.s. hot new avatar Bia!

I find myself trying not to stare and analyze the size/cut/color/clarity! It can get bad sometimes! ''Oh sorry.. I was just trying to determine the specs of your diamond! Whats the table spread on that?'' Its like men talking cars lol
oh god, I actually asked someone if their centre stone was a carat once....it was a couple of months ago and my BF and I were researching diamonds like crazy and we just looked at loose diamonds a few days prior. I felt like such a jerk afterwards
38.gif
32.gif
!!! I never even bothered to think about diamond specs before I came on PS!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 8:58:38 PM
Date: 2/12/2009 8:32:35 PM

Author: SailorsSweet<3

3.gif

20.gif

p.s. hot new avatar Bia!

I find myself trying not to stare and analyze the size/cut/color/clarity! It can get bad sometimes! ''Oh sorry.. I was just trying to determine the specs of your diamond! Whats the table spread on that?'' Its like men talking cars lol

oh god, I actually asked someone if their centre stone was a carat once....it was a couple of months ago and my BF and I were researching diamonds like crazy and we just looked at loose diamonds a few days prior. I felt like such a jerk afterwards
38.gif
32.gif
!!! I never even bothered to think about diamond specs before I came on PS!

As a PSer I wouldnt be offended at all if someone asked me about my ERing but I think thats because we''ll readily have the information to give out. I dont think I''d ask for any of the specs when SO proposes if it wasnt for this website. I think some women are just taken back because they dont know anything about their rings. Maybe the carat size - but thats it.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Bia did you get a chance to try on your Tiffanys!??! Pictures??

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 8:10:11 AM
Bia did you get a chance to try on your Tiffanys!??! Pictures??
Don''t think I''m a moron but I''m confused about what you mean?

Maybe you mixed me up with someone else?
2.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 6:33:53 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

Date: 2/12/2009 10:25:46 AM

Dream: Glad to hear your SO is doing okay...

Okay, I need a new avatar people (Dream, any ideas?). BUT, I don''t know what! The one I am using right now looks all smushed and I can''t get it to fit...how do you do that?
Thanks Bia
2.gif
Do you still want the avatar you have now? Cause I''ve been gone all day so I don''t know if this is the one you were talking about...
Yea, I want to change it to a pic of my ring, but I haven''t taken one that will do just yet. This one will do for now, but maybe you can help me size it because it looks too smushed.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:54:59 AM
Yea, I want to change it to a pic of my ring, but I haven't taken one that will do just yet. This one will do for now, but maybe you can help me size it because it looks too smushed.
Yeah WOMAN we have been anxoiously waiting for photos of the sparkly far too long. I mean, I can't even sleep at night because I toss and turn thinking about your ring! lol You better get your act together missy! haha
3.gif
I need my sleep...

Do you have the original image of your avatar before you put it into the avatar box?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 11:08:40 AM

Date: 2/13/2009 9:54:59 AM
Yea, I want to change it to a pic of my ring, but I haven''t taken one that will do just yet. This one will do for now, but maybe you can help me size it because it looks too smushed.
Yeah WOMAN we have been anxoiously waiting for photos of the sparkly far too long. I mean, I can''t even sleep at night because I toss and turn thinking about your ring! lol You better get your act together missy! haha
3.gif
I need my sleep...

Do you have the original image of your avatar before you put it into the avatar box?
yea. why?

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
sorry! that was labrat! I got confused with all reply quotes and such. I didnt call you a moron - whered you get that idea?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 11:12:25 AM
yea. why?
lol can you post the image here so I can resize it for you?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 11:33:04 AM
Author: SailorsSweetsorry! that was labrat! I got confused with all reply quotes and such. I didnt call you a moron - whered you get that idea?
I think she said "don''t think I''m a moron but I''m confused" meaning you didn''t call her one but she feels like one because she didn''t understand the question.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 11:34:41 AM

Date: 2/13/2009 11:33:04 AM
sorry! that was labrat! I got confused with all reply quotes and such. I didnt call you a moron - whered you get that idea?
I think she said ''don''t think I''m a moron but I''m confused'' meaning you didn''t call her one but she feels like one because she didn''t understand the question.
LOL!!!!!!!!!

SailorSweet: I definitely didn''t think you called me a moron. I just didn''t want you to think I was a moron b/c I had absolutely NO IDEA what you were talking about.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 11:33:30 AM

Date: 2/13/2009 11:12:25 AM
yea. why?
lol can you post the image here so I can resize it for you?
OH!

Maybe I am a moron, eh Dream?
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 12:01:57 PM
3.gif
It''s highly possible
23.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
3.gif
kidding of course!
9.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 12:03:23 PM

Date: 2/13/2009 12:01:57 PM
3.gif
It''s highly possible
23.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
3.gif
kidding of course!
9.gif
Here you are my sweet. Work your magic.

bia2.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes ma''m!
2.gif

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
haha, I am trying on rings at Tiff''s today! I will try to get some pics while I am there.
1.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
I realize I'm the moron. I'll try and triple thing my posts before I throw them up here.
7.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awwwww......no no! Nobody is a moron. We all love you!
2.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 12:19:34 PM
I realize I''m the moron. I''ll try and triple thing my posts before I throw them up here.
7.gif
Dream and I already agreed that I''m the moron SailorsSweet. So no worries
2.gif

Hi Ladies, just checking in.. not engaged- yet. I secretly hope of a Vday proposal, but I know it won''t happen. Sigh. Enough about that.

A friend asked what I was doing this weekend and I said, "cleaning" she texts back-- "nothing romantic?" I write, "Oh yeah.. vday.. still, cleaning" Haha. Since we booked our March Vegas trip I really didn''t want to go all out on vday. I just want dinner and no drama with his soon to be kicked out roomate (cross our fingers for him moving saturday so I can move in on sunday!)

My single girlie friends are all going out to lesbian bars and steering clear of men.. I have to say, if I didn''t have my Bf it would be mighty tempting to say screw the holiday and just hang out with the girls.

I''ve had the flu too. I should be packing more stuff right now, but I feel lousy. I also admit I was slightly tempted to sneeze/ spit all over bf''s crappy roomates toothbrush. But then I figured it might affect him from moving out, so I just dreamed of it. I sound awful. I do, but I''ve been through so much with the horrible roomate that I am using all of my motivation not to throw his stuff on the curb.

You know why I''m cleaning on valentines day (small rant) there is animal blood all over the bathroom. It''s on the bathroom floor, the walls, the wood floors .. and those walls. It''s GROSS. (no animal was harmed, it was just a sick animal) But anyways, if I am to move in Sunday and have friends help, the last thing they need to see is BLOOD on the walls.. gag and puke. I shouldn''t have to do it, but if BF and I don''t do it, it won''t get done (meaning the exroomate is worthless and won''t do it).

Ah! Ok.
I hope everyone has a splendid
emrose.gif
Valentines Day
emlove.gif
and maybe some proposals?? eh? eh?
28.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 12:26:05 PM

I realize I''m the moron. I''ll try and triple thing my posts before I throw them up here.
7.gif
Dream and I already agreed that I''m the moron SailorsSweet. So no worries
2.gif
Well ilf Bia is a moron, and I''m a nerd. What''s DG???
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 2:40:03 PM
Well ilf Bia is a moron, and I'm a nerd. What's DG???
3.gif
yeah, what am I????!?!?!?!
5.gif

We should be the 3 stooges. lol

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 2:40:03 PM

Date: 2/13/2009 12:26:05 PM

I realize I'm the moron. I'll try and triple thing my posts before I throw them up here.
7.gif
Dream and I already agreed that I'm the moron SailorsSweet. So no worries
2.gif
Well ilf Bia is a moron, and I'm a nerd. What's DG???
3.gif
Ha! You saw that eh? hehehehe I'd rather be a nerd than a moron...nerds are cool nowadays.

Dream, you're a boba. Boba = "silly girl" in Espanol. Because you crack me up.
2.gif

ETA: Dude, I'll echo your Donald Faison crush (he's a cutie) but Bill Pullman?! You're going way too far on the Nerdometer Elle!!!!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 3:11:13 PM
Dream, you''re a boba. Boba = "silly girl" in Espanol. Because you crack me up.
2.gif
HAHA!
3.gif
Well then that would make me Curly....

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Here you are Ms. Bia! Let me know if you want some sort of animation to it or if you like it just as is...
2.gif

bpnkldy1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results