shape
carat
color
clarity

The February LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WistfulAurora

Shiny_Rock
37.gif
I''m addicted to OC Housewives.... anyone else??

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 1:31:55 PM
Author: Bia
I''m standing at the water cooler all by myself!
39.gif

Where is everyone? You''re not actually working are you?!
3.gif
haha! For once, I actually am working. They finally have me with stuff to do again and I''m not as bored. Plus, I''ve got meetings today....lol

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 2:44:02 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

I'm standing at the water cooler all by myself!
39.gif

Where is everyone? You're not actually working are you?!
3.gif
haha! For once, I actually am working. They finally have me with stuff to do again and I'm not as bored. Plus, I've got meetings today....lol
Well that is just not a good enough excuse lady!
11.gif
I bet now Elle is gonna say she's busy working too! (pleeeease
20.gif
)

3.gif
9.gif
10.gif

LOL good for you honey. We had our audit last week and now other than emailing, there is not much for me to do. I guess I should do some school work?
24.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 12:54:10 AM
Author: swedish bean
I didn''t get to see that ad because we were late to the Super Bowl Party... but once we showed up everyone was like, ''We saw the perfect commercial that is SO YOU SwedishBean!'' haha.. and that was it!!

Thanks for the link too, now I can see it.

I really liked the commercial that did the, ''If you hate your job and blah, and blah'' I can''t remember now but it was really long and pretty good.

Here is the link to the AD
ha! For a second I didn''t know who you were because you changed your avatar!
6.gif
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 3:04:41 PM

Date: 2/3/2009 2:44:02 PM

I'm standing at the water cooler all by myself!
39.gif

Where is everyone? You're not actually working are you?!
3.gif
haha! For once, I actually am working. They finally have me with stuff to do again and I'm not as bored. Plus, I've got meetings today....lol
Well that is just not a good enough excuse lady!
11.gif
I bet now Elle is gonna say she's busy working too! (pleeeease
20.gif
)

3.gif
9.gif
10.gif

LOL good for you honey. We had our audit last week and now other than emailing, there is not much for me to do. I guess I should do some school work?
24.gif
27.gif
3.gif
14.gif
Well, I'm a LITTLE irritated today with work stuff. Yesterday evening we got an email about how the company is holding up to the economy. They want people to take early retirements and possible layoffs
6.gif
7.gif
That isn't good news at all! Also, they want us to use our accumulated vacation time from Jan-April BY APRIL. And we have to decide on the vacation days BY MONDAY.
29.gif
AND, since I'm so new, I used my vacation time for Christmas so I just started accumulating time again which I had wanted to use to take a week off in the summer. But if I have to use the time I've got so far since Jan, then I wont be able to take a week off in the summer.....
38.gif
40.gif
39.gif

ETA- So I think I only will have 30 hours. I'm not sure, my boss is in a meeting now to find out. So I can't even take a week of NOW even.....arrr
29.gif
And on top of that, co workers have plans for vacations but they have TONS of hours accumulated so they only have to use what they get from Jan-April by April. So my boss had just called dibs on Easter week. Thats nice, I don't even get 40 hours and I could have called Easter week to get that extra day..........I'm MAD. I don't want to lose my job, but I want my vacation time come summer too! lol

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 10:47:24 AM
Who''s watching Biggest Loser tonight???? I know I''m not the only one people...

I am! I''ve never really been super into it, but I''m starting to. Also, my copy of Making The Cut just came in from Amazon today!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 3:14:45 PM
Well, I''m a LITTLE irritated today with work stuff. Yesterday evening we got an email about how the company is holding up to the economy. They want people to take early retirements and possible layoffs
6.gif
7.gif
That isn''t good news at all! Also, they want us to use our accumulated vacation time from Jan-April BY APRIL. And we have to decide on the vacation days BY MONDAY.
29.gif
AND, since I''m so new, I used my vacation time for Christmas so I just started accumulating time again which I had wanted to use to take a week off in the summer. But if I have to use the time I''ve got so far since Jan, then I wont be able to take a week off in the summer.....
38.gif
40.gif
39.gif

ETA- So I think I only will have 30 hours. I''m not sure, my boss is in a meeting now to find out. So I can''t even take a week of NOW even.....arrr
29.gif
And on top of that, co workers have plans for vacations but they have TONS of hours accumulated so they only have to use what they get from Jan-April by April. So my boss had just called dibs on Easter week. Thats nice, I don''t even get 40 hours and I could have called Easter week to get that extra day..........I''m MAD. I don''t want to lose my job, but I want my vacation time come summer too! lol

Oh no! Job/vacay dust for you! I hope things work out...layoffs suck majorly
7.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 3:14:45 PM
27.gif
3.gif
14.gif
Well, I'm a LITTLE irritated today with work stuff. Yesterday evening we got an email about how the company is holding up to the economy. They want people to take early retirements and possible layoffs
6.gif
7.gif
That isn't good news at all! Also, they want us to use our accumulated vacation time from Jan-April BY APRIL. And we have to decide on the vacation days BY MONDAY.
29.gif
AND, since I'm so new, I used my vacation time for Christmas so I just started accumulating time again which I had wanted to use to take a week off in the summer. But if I have to use the time I've got so far since Jan, then I wont be able to take a week off in the summer.....
38.gif
40.gif
39.gif

ETA- So I think I only will have 30 hours. I'm not sure, my boss is in a meeting now to find out. So I can't even take a week of NOW even.....arrr
29.gif
And on top of that, co workers have plans for vacations but they have TONS of hours accumulated so they only have to use what they get from Jan-April by April. So my boss had just called dibs on Easter week. Thats nice, I don't even get 40 hours and I could have called Easter week to get that extra day..........I'm MAD. I don't want to lose my job, but I want my vacation time come summer too! lol
Oh man. That sucks.
38.gif
The situation is not good as far as the economy goes. I hope whatever goes down, they don't cut your hours and that you won't lose too much vaca time. It stinks because you had been so excited about this job last summer. The good news is, you and I both HAVE jobs--we're lucky don't you think?

A LOT of people can't say the same right now.
14.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies. Bia- I agree. I'm so happy and greatful to have my job. I've already lost another job in '08. I don't want it to happen again in '09. I hate the end of fiscal years. That's what did me in last time. And, I really REALLY love this job here!!!!!!!!!!!!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
I put a deposit down on the dress! I ended up with a size 10 for the chest coverage... the woman said I wouldve measured out as an 8 otherwise which makes me a little nervous because in street clothing I''m a 4/5
20.gif
I know the gowns size out larger I have to keep telling myself that. The dress is very flowy as you can see from the teenie picture I posted on pg1 but it still needs to be form fitting in the hips and at the waist and ESPECIALLY under my chest which I''m hoping they can work with. I''m also hoping they can pull in the sides of the cups like they said they could because right not it looks like a floppy bikini top up there where my boobs could shift out the sides. Oy! I''m getting worked up. Sorry! They let me take pictures once I told them I would be placing a deposit, but seeing as I''m not yet engaged and I wouldnt even send my SO the pics (yes he wanted to see the dress already) I''d feel bad if I posted them. Plus! The dress will look soo much nicer once its fitted! Thats all Ive got to say about that! ha!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Dude, Biggest Loser blows this season. Talk about a snoozefest
24.gif
20.gif
11.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 9:46:21 AM
24.gif
20.gif
11.gif
*tumbleweeds*

Hehe. I haven''t watched it this season, but I know some people from South Lyon, MI ( FF''s Hometown) are on the show.

What time is it on? I watch Scrubs and thats on from 9-10 right now. I would watch BL but it can''t interfere with Scrubs!

Maybe it''d inspire me to get off my bum and actually exercise. Jillian Michael''s 30 day shred hasn''t been touched since shred day 2 like 2 weeks ago. Sigh.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 10:34:25 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 2/4/2009 9:46:21 AM
24.gif
20.gif
11.gif
*tumbleweeds*

Hehe. I haven''t watched it this season, but I know some people from South Lyon, MI ( FF''s Hometown) are on the show.

What time is it on? I watch Scrubs and thats on from 9-10 right now. I would watch BL but it can''t interfere with Scrubs!

Maybe it''d inspire me to get off my bum and actually exercise. Jillian Michael''s 30 day shred hasn''t been touched since shred day 2 like 2 weeks ago. Sigh.
Yea there are a few people from MI on the show. They all have the Michigan-ny accent (or maybe it''s just midwestern?)...

Anyway, you''re not missing much. I''m trying to get into it but I just can''t. It''s boring...

I''ll give it ONE more try.

30 Day Shred is on my schedule for tonight. I''ll let you know if I go through with it. Elle, bikini season is just around the corner...think "tight and toned!"

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 10:52:39 AM

Yea there are a few people from MI on the show. They all have the Michigan-ny accent (or maybe it''s just midwestern?)...

Anyway, you''re not missing much. I''m trying to get into it but I just can''t. It''s boring...

I''ll give it ONE more try.

30 Day Shred is on my schedule for tonight. I''ll let you know if I go through with it. Elle, bikini season is just around the corner...think ''tight and toned!''
Accent? Seriously? Is it that noticeable? That''s funny.

Yes, bikini season.... and engagement season! Gotta keep the diamond to finger ratio in check, right?

The 30 Day Shred is so painful! Arrgh! I dread it! But I know it''ll have good results.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 10:58:26 AM
The 30 Day Shred is so painful! Arrgh! I dread it! But I know it''ll have good results.

Ahh, I hope it''s that good kind of dread. I just ordered it a couple of days ago!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 11:30:34 AM
Author: misskitty

Date: 2/4/2009 10:58:26 AM

Ahh, I hope it''s that good kind of dread. I just ordered it a couple of days ago!
Define good!
2.gif

Seriously though, it''s tough. I was sore for 3 days after the first time I did it. I feel good once it''s over, but I seriously want to B&*%$ slap Jillian Michaels while the video is going. She''s a sadist!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow. I just did level 1. I thought I was in pretty good shape (I run marathons a couple times a year) but it KICKED me!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
OK- PMS totally just crashed my diet. Since Monday, I have eaten an ENTIRE bag of trail mix, which was probably close to 1000 calories and contained a LOT of M&M''s. Yesterday, I had 2 truffles and today I ate a chocolate cookie and another truffle as well. I am on a TOTAL chocolate binge and I can''t stop!
39.gif

I''m blaming PMS 100%... but the chocolate is SOOOOOOOOOOO good. Anyone else have these issues??

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
18.gif

Date: 2/4/2009 8:13:25 PM
Author: Amanda.Rx
OK- PMS totally just crashed my diet. Since Monday, I have eaten an ENTIRE bag of trail mix, which was probably close to 1000 calories and contained a LOT of M&M''s. Yesterday, I had 2 truffles and today I ate a chocolate cookie and another truffle as well. I am on a TOTAL chocolate binge and I can''t stop!
39.gif

I''m blaming PMS 100%... but the chocolate is SOOOOOOOOOOO good. Anyone else have these issues??
yes... except i was pms''s last week.
and i still crave chocolate!!!!! especially rocky road ice cream. i LOVE ice cream.

right now, this is what i want
mint chocolate chip frozen yogurt. with gummy bears. and magic chocolate shell covering the whole thing.

or ben & jerrys twisted chocolate chip cookie dough + brownie ice cream

*drools*

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
you choco lovers can virtual slap me in the face after I say this, and I am a definite chocolate junkie when I let myself be, but sometimes when I''m consciously craving chocolate (A bowl of melted herseys bar eaten with a spoon.. yes I''ve done it) I have chocolate soy milk to curve the craving.
6.gif
6.gif
It wont work if you dont like soy milk - but if you do I think a mix of the consistency and the chocolate flavor not being compromised by actual dairy leaves a good chocolately flavor for me to calm my craving.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
first, SS, congrats on putting a deposit on your dress!
36.gif
That''s so exciting!!!! We want pics!

There''s been so much talk about 30-day Shred today! I''m fairly active (when I want to be) and I love Jillian. I''m really interested in trying this! My BF and I do a Crossfit workout every Saturday morning. It originated in California but now it''s all over North America. They''re bootcamp style workouts that kick your butt EVERY TIME because every workout is different. It sounds like the 30-day Shred is somewhat similar to a Crossfit workout in the fact that you''re going crazy hard for a short amount of time. If there''s a facility near you, I highly recommend it because you can see really fast results. I can do 3 chin-ups (!!!!) which I could never do even when I was hitting the gym 6 days a week.

Amanda - I PMS like crazy too but since I don''t eat chocolate I eat EVERYTHING else....salty, sweet, bitter, all in one go. uggh...makes me sick thinking about it!
38.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I eat totally weird foods when I PMS...like Krispy Kreme donuts + chili, or blueberries with mozzarella. I have no idea why I crave such strange things.

Also...30-day shredders, what size weights do you use? I have some 3-lb''ers and I can''t tell if that''s just right or if I''m being totally wimpy and should be using 5 or 10.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 9:41:43 PM
Author: misskitty
I eat totally weird foods when I PMS...like Krispy Kreme donuts + chili, or blueberries with mozzarella. I have no idea why I crave such strange things.
together?!?!?!!?
23.gif

Also...30-day shredders, what size weights do you use? I have some 3-lb''ers and I can''t tell if that''s just right or if I''m being totally wimpy and should be using 5 or 10.
i''ve never done it before, but my personal opinion about any weightlifting workout is that you should feel it the next day. every personal trainer has told me that you want to tear your muscles (so that you ache the next day or two or three...) so that they can rebuild themselves to be stronger (in more technical terms, of course!). if you don''t feel it with your 3lb-ers, then go up to 5!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Umm, yes. Together. I can''t explain it
15.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
thank you sammy j
1.gif
I wont post pics but I'll post the "teaser" I emailed SO last night.

I'm going to have the buy this 30day shred and force my roommate to do it with me! I try and do the elliptical 3 times a week in the least but with school and work it seems like theres barely time for sleeping and eating much less working out.

misskitty I'm the same way with the sweet and salty.. but all the time. If I have a bowl of cereal I'll want some cheese after or if I have a cookie I'll want popcorn or, again, cheese. Its like a palate cleansing thing for me I think. My friends think its gross how I have to "chase" sweet with salty or vice versa haha.

*teaser* until I'm officially a fiance and its fitted...

teaser.jpg

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Aaah, I can''t wait to see the dress on you!

I like the 30-day shred because even though it totally kicked my butt, it''s SO QUICK. 20 minutes, done and done.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 8:54:38 PM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
I put a deposit down on the dress!

That''s very exciting. I''m glad it worked out. I can''t believe you have your dress already. You are so on top of things!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
How exciting sailor!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I asked FF if he was getting me flowers for Valentines Day and he said: "Wouldn''t you rather have something more permanent instead of flowers?"
23.gif
9.gif
"YES!!!!" I don''t know what he''s talking about or if he is even getting me anything or not but anyway...lol

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 5:41:37 PM
I asked FF if he was getting me flowers for Valentines Day and he said: ''Wouldn''t you rather have something more permanent instead of flowers?''
23.gif
9.gif
''YES!!!!'' I don''t know what he''s talking about or if he is even getting me anything or not but anyway...lol
Wow...that''s a loaded question!!! Does he know what he''s getting himself into?
2.gif

So lately I''ve been a little LIW crazy and everytime I hear about an upcoming engagement I say to my BF, "we''ve been together longer than X and Y." Like, we were wathing Entertainment Tonight and they mentioned Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christensen and an engagement in the near future. Then I was reading the synopsis for last night''s episode for Grey''s Anatomy and I compared us to Derek and Meredith. Sigh....I''m a nutso!
32.gif
41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results