color
clarity

The FAMILY Thread

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Too many blue gemstones?

blue_group_4-jpg.356689
Never enough of a good thing. Or good stones :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of my colored stone rings

19512097_444017332651008_2125183274_n.jpg
Holy Moly, Amy, you have been holding out on us! Have-a-jewelry-store-in-your-own-home much?!!

All kidding aside, its good to know that in your last unfortunate purge that you still have so many beauties left.

amyek

Rough_Rock
@amyek you have such an amazing collection. It looks like trays from a high end jeweller. Thanks for sharing your goodies!
Thank you very much. Also, thank you Minous for your comments. Complements from you ladies mean a whole lot. I have sold many things that I wish I could have back, but I am reminded by your comments that I should be grateful for what I have and I am.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe the fact that we have to sell things means we are opening ourselves to something special which will come along? :cheeky: One can always hope...

Apologies if I don't post right, but I haven't posted photos yet to new site. Here is a random assortment of color but don't ask me to remember stats, haha:

Mali Garnets.jpg
Some Mali "Grandite" garnets just waiting to cause trouble;

Barry's Garnet World.jpg
Five Barry cut garnets - just LOVE his cutting, especially rounds;

Spess group.jpg
Love me some Spessies! This is an old pic, as they are currently resting at the Bank.

Random Bunch.jpg
I also love greens, and here are a few - not the best as shot through lids. Excuse the very dusty tray! I have tried taking photos at the bank to get more of my colors in, but sigh, in a small cubicle with fluorescent lighting I'd end up writing the longest disclaimers, things like "I know it looks like a black hole, but it really is a vivid green," or "its not really mud brown, its really bright red..." :lol:

Bunch o' Chrysos.jpg
And last pic is an old one - the chrysoberyl gang. I've sold one or two since.

I only have one pure red stone (a spinel) which some day may go have some cosmetic surgery. I believe its already been posted up thread by Acinom.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe the fact that we have to sell things means we are opening ourselves to something special which will come along? :cheeky: One can always hope...

Apologies if I don't post right, but I haven't posted photos yet to new site. Here is a random assortment of color but don't ask me to remember stats, haha:

Mali Garnets.jpg

Barry's Garnet World.jpg

Spess group.jpg
Love me some Spessies! This is an old pic, as they are currently resting at the Bank.

Random Bunch.jpg
I also love greens, and here are a few - not the best as shot through lids. Excuse the very dusty tray! I have tried taking photos at the bank to get more of my colors in, but sigh, in a small cubicle with fluorescent lighting I'd end up writing the longest disclaimers, things like "I know it looks like a black hole, but it really is a vivid green," or "its not really mud brown, its really bright red..." :lol:

Bunch o' Chrysos.jpg

I only have one pure red stone (a spinel) which some day may go have some cosmetic surgery. I believe its already been posted up thread by Acinom.
What fabulous stones! Beautiful gem associations in this thread. Love your oranges and crysoberyls!.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the kind words, BG.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Mali Garnets.jpg

Barry's Garnet World.jpg

Spess group.jpg

Random Bunch.jpg

Bunch o' Chrysos.jpg

Minou.... your spess have blinded me!!!

You need to post pictures *way* more often...way more often!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Minou, your collection is amazing!! :love:
I love them all but the 5 round cut garnets are really speaking to me. :drool:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharing another family of rings...

IMG_2868.JPG

And this is why your paraiba is so widely acknowledged as one of the best. Look at that glow. It's a knock out of the park! :love:

What's the pinkish one?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, your rings are beautiful! Really love the substantial sizes of the gems.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few red and pink spinels mostly Burmese and the odd Mahenge and Vietnamese reds. I've sold 4 or 5 of them as these are old photos. I am so sick of the bad/native cutting, I recently purchased a parcel of Mahenge rough so I can get it cut....
Spinels 1.JPG Red spinels 1.JPG Spinels and Paraiba in the Shade 2 .JPG Mahenge Rough 1.JPG

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As usual, you
A few red and pink spinels mostly Burmese and the odd Mahenge and Vietnamese reds. I've sold 4 or 5 of them as these are old photos. I am so sick of the bad/native cutting, I recently purchased a parcel of Mahenge rough so I can get it cut....
Spinels 1.JPG Red spinels 1.JPG Spinels and Paraiba in the Shade 2 .JPG Mahenge Rough 1.JPG

As usual, your gems are so gorgeous & saturated! :love::wavey:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness!!! Wow, that is an amazing collection of reds! You could have a fabulous necklace made from all of those!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I need to say this. Really *need* to say this: thank you so much! To everyone that's participated and acinom for posting so many previous family pictures here.

Calling this place gemstone heaven is not enough. It's not sufficient! This is beyond paradise!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some AMAZING collections here!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This thread is like a candy shop! Lovely collections! Drool!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkie, I had no idea you had such beauties! That is the single best collection of RED spinel I've ever seen! Lordy, Lordy!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A peek into the jewel box, lol. Here's my family pic of my rings and bracelets. I'm too lazy to do my pins, pendants and earrings, :razz:
Why is it that everything looks awful when I do a family pic?:-o

Family Pic.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom: maybe because so much saturated, super bright perfection blinds the camera? :twisted:

Each one deserves its own closeup!

freezing_in_MO

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to everyone for creating this feast for the eyes!

Catmom, could you please please please post a picture of your pins? The two you have posted in SMTB are stunning!

A peek into the jewel box, lol. Here's my family pic of my rings and bracelets. I'm too lazy to do my pins, pendants and earrings, :razz:
Why is it that everything looks awful when I do a family pic?:-o

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All family shots are to die for!
(Now I feel better I thought I had too many items).

But I have one serious question. I think it is a shame we have only ten fingers, and I am not even sure we put them all to good use! I have looked at this year's fashion - monochrome and grey. I think it is up to us to start the new trend, two rings per each finger for daily use. Can you imagine how beautiful a purple garnet ring would look next to a spessartite one, on one finger, neighboring the tsavorite/blue sapphire combo on the next one?
Feet, too. I saw one PSer posting a picture of a ring on her toe, and it suddenly opened the new world to me.
I know there are some bold people out there, but we need a movement! Let color speak for you, or color in your life, or something.
Not only do we need our beauties to see more sun, but think of the boost it will provide to the gemcutting industry, and to all manicure/pedicure and beauty business if it takes off. New haircuts to show off studs and earrings, new styling, too.
if we don't do it, the world won't move.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to everyone for creating this feast for the eyes!

Catmom, could you please please please post a picture of your pins? The two you have posted in SMTB are stunning!
Thanks LOL, okay I guess I can do the pins.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results