shape
carat
color
clarity

The FAMILY Thread

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! Ooh WOW! What a great thread and such fabulous stones and rings. Thanks Acinom for doing so much work putting a lot of this together, it's very kind of you.

PS is feeling kind of dangerous now...I think I'm on a slippery slope to coloured stone addition...as well as my Diamond one! My family & friends think I'm already a jewellery 'nutter'....but compared to you amazing ladies and your wonderful gems, I really haven't even started

I'm loving all your amazing gemstones :)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such beautiful rings! I've finally gathered up the courage to post my poor little orphans.

20170721_090451.jpg

Poor little orphans? Who are you kidding?! Look at all that delicious color!!! :love:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Details? LOL, you asked for it! The orange guy on the left is a pawn shop find. I believe its a zircon, but could be anything... Next, the top emerald was a gift from my mother and I absolutely love it. It's a very thin slice and I often wonder what the color would be if it had some depth. The halo sparkles like a demon.

The bottom emerald is one I bought when I was mad at my husband. I'll show him!! It started as a pendant and ended up as a ring. 5 X 7, no treatment.

The center stone is an amethyst I picked up years ago from a guy in Thailand...The emerald cut green is a chrome tourmaline from John Dyer. Love the cutting but it's too dark and I'm searching for a replacement.

Next is the star of the show. My 2.5 carat unheated sapphire bought years ago from Cherry Picked, with half moon side stones. There are many things I regret about this purchase (my first big colored stone) but all in all, I've had a lot of enjoyment with it.

Last is a spessartite garnet from Richard Wise. Love that color!

You ladies and your wonderful stones have ruined me!! I'm obsessed!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful well-rounded collection Suzanne2! The color of the sapphire caught my eye right away. I take it that your husband learned his lesson you'd have a good excuse for more pieces :lol:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! I just stumbled across this thread and have been drooling over everyone’s family photos. You all have amazing collections:love:. I thought I would bump this thread in hopes there might be new family photos out there to be added =)2.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
So many pretty stones!

Acinom, you have a drool worthy collection!

chrono, you have a couple blues I'd die for!

suzanne2, I'd kill for that blue one!

All the others are very pretty too!

NexivRed

Shiny_Rock
A peek into the jewel box, lol. Here's my family pic of my rings and bracelets. I'm too lazy to do my pins, pendants and earrings, :razz:
Why is it that everything looks awful when I do a family pic?:-o

Family Pic.jpg

Those bracelets are to die for! I wonder if there are any vendors who sell settings you can play around with yourself. To tell the truth, I’d love to create a custom one with colour though. The red flower one on the left is so pretty. Bracelets are my downfall!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those bracelets are to die for! I wonder if there are any vendors who sell settings you can play around with yourself. To tell the truth, I’d love to create a custom one with colour though. The red flower one on the left is so pretty. Bracelets are my downfall!

Thank you! I love bracelets more and more. I have added to the collection since that shot was taken, lol.

deco1

Rough_Rock
Love that star sapphire! Do you have a thread on it somewhere?

deco1

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I can certainly see why you'd be reluctant to part with it.

deco1

Rough_Rock
Did you end up sending it back to Sally to check for the looseness?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
70AA36B7-D5BF-453F-A357-EC2CAE99CCFA.png 8A78DCC3-7353-4B2C-9F6B-195825E8ED27.jpeg Recently got some new stuff so this is my CS collection now. Indoor shots. Will up load outdoor later.

GREAT collection! Congrats on your new stone.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
05595F70-82D3-4517-9204-E1A4172C1CF6.jpeg 77AD05C2-9CEA-451D-9E1F-7B9B257B9B5C.jpeg CF299F00-5492-45DD-929B-4F2D6E1EAE98.jpeg Just for fun I tried to put on as many rings on one hand as I could. Didn’t quite fit them all on. But it was a fun attempt.

LOVELY collection!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you end up sending it back to Sally to check for the looseness?
Haha no. Just checked with a local jeweler who said it was fine :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results