shape
carat
color
clarity

The Beginng of My Journey!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k. so I did a proposal dress-rehearsal with my cat...lol...I'm serious....

I ran in to a few things besides the cat looking at me like I am crazy....

1. Timing of the Proposal Itself

I haven't decided if I want to do it right after we order and get drinks....we are doing fondue so it may be a bit crowded on the table with the hot pot and all.....but at the same time I don't want to be nervous all dinner and not enjoy it either....We would have some "dead time" between ordering and salad....

I don't want to wait until dessert though because we may be kinda sleepy since a four course meal with drinks takes about 2-2.5 hours there so we will be "closing down" the place and the last thing I want is to hear the vacuum in the background from a server doing side work while I propose... (The vacuum happened at my b-day dinner in May because we were there til close...)

2. How to ask....

O.k so I have the scrapbook I made as the "segway" tool between birthday and engagement....the last page has the three page letter I typed him (I am way better at writing than speaking so I wanted to get everything I wanted to say on paper)....A few things here....

Should I read the letter aloud to him or should I allow him to read it on his own...There are pros and cons to each..

If I read it, I express it with all of the emphasis on certain sentences and correct tone of voice on how I interpret it to read....but I would also draw attention to us and people may gather in our area and make us feel uncomfortable....not that I am ashamed of the proposal in any way....but I did ask for the "private" table away from other guests.

If I let him read it, he may know that something is up and get so nervous that he only "scans" the letter.

3. After the Letter, How do I present the ring?

O.k. I made a custom ring box with the question in it and i still plan on asking him the question so he can hear the words directly from me....

However, I don't know if I should just present the ring in the box and let him decide if he wants to put it on or if I should take it out of the box and put it on his ring finger (providing he says yes of course)?

4. Order of the Gifts?

Ok so I am bringing the scrapbook, the ring (in purse), the personalized photo book from shutterfly to commemorate the day, the DVD copy of our 1st date movie and the his and hers watches to commemorate our engagement.

Most of these gifts will have to, by default follow after the proposal due to the fact that I make reference to our *engagement*. Should I just dive right in to the scrapbook and the proposal or should I play off the b-day aspect for a bit to "throw him off" and give him the DVD first to make it seem like we are just celebrating his b-day?

Wow....so many small details to think about.....

6.gif

(O.k. so now I may be starting to feel a bit nervous....I am sure i will be an antsy mess tomorrow!!!)

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
first.. WOW at all those presents.. haha your like me though.. everytime I see something I think BF would like.. I get it for him.. LOL

second.. Man I dunno how to propose to him... But wont a 3 page letter take a while to read??? thats the only thing I can think of.. I mean im a slow reader so it would probably take me like 20-30 mins lol... okay maybe not THAT long.. but you never know...geeez... im no help.. but GOODLUCK on sunday!!! :)

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 10:31:42 PM
Author: blondebunny
first.. WOW at all those presents.. haha your like me though.. everytime I see something I think BF would like.. I get it for him.. LOL

second.. Man I dunno how to propose to him... But wont a 3 page letter take a while to read??? thats the only thing I can think of.. I mean im a slow reader so it would probably take me like 20-30 mins lol... okay maybe not THAT long.. but you never know...geeez... im no help.. but GOODLUCK on sunday!!! :)

LOL yeah...I started, as you can see oth the beginning of this thread with 3 TOTAL presents...and you can obviously see the end result...lol...

I thought oh I''ll just get him one thing that he REALLY wants and then a few little things...that developed in to "Ooooh I know he wanted this and I guess it isn''t THAT expensive...ect" Pretty soon myself and his parents got him everything on his b-day wishlist! (except a Rolex Submariner in Sterling Silver...lol)

Thanks for the well-wishes! I will def post pics and a story of how it goes (well went by the time I post it...lol)

I seem to be LOL-ing a lot today (it''s the nerves...)

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k. before I hit the pillow....

0 DAYS!

22 HOURS!

49 MINS!

Until the 21st!!!!!

6.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Holy cow! I think that I just had an epiphany this morning!

I went to look for my camera battery charger to get my digi-camera charged for tomorrow...and it's MIA!!!!

I just moved in to SO's house from my apartment so my new house is in shambles and I literally went through every box, piece of luggage, car, ect....

So, it looks like I have to hit up Best Buy today....grrrrrr......

I am glad I checked today and not tomorrow morning....
6.gif

ETA: 11 hours to go!!!!
37.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Phew...I can now take a sigh of relief! SO and I just went to Best Buy to pick up a new charger....man are they expensive....

Luckily he had two gift cards left from the holidays!!!! (I feel kinda guilty about using them but it was nice that he shared them with me!)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! Best Wishes and GOOD LUCK! Such a lovely story! Will be checking in soon for pictures of the happy event!

cmarie

Rough_Rock
Wow, today''s the day!! Good luck, we''re all cheering for you!
36.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k ladies and gentlemen...the 21st is in

7 hours, 39 mins (until midnight)

Proposal is a little bit more than 24 hours away (it will be around 8 p.m. tomorrow evening)

I will certainly keep you all posted!
36.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it''s engagement/proposal/birthday eve....

And all through the house....
PrincessDijon was running around like a madwoman
Faster than a Mouse.
The camera and GPS were put in their chargers with care
In hopes that her SO''s Birthday
Won''t give her grey hair!

O.k. ok I''ll stop with the rhyming...lol...

Anyway, I definitely have been running around.
I got a large present gift bag to take the proposal gifts in tomorrow night! (They are now safely stowed in hiding!)

The ring has now found its place in my purse (because knowing me, I would forget it while getting ready for dinner.

Meanwhile SO thinks I have lost my mind...I''ve been losing things all day (it''s totally the nerves and stressing out but hey, I always worry...but i try not to show it)

I just finished up cleaning out my car and filling the gas tank (we are doing a bit of driving around tomorrow!!!)

As for the breakfast vs. light lunch, he prefers going to breakfast so we won''t be full come dinner time (which I happen to agree with. Plus, when we paint pottery tomorrow morning, our tummies won''t be growling at us...lol.

I have to do a few more little things like...PLAN WHAT TO WEAR....lol...I have thought about him the whole time but I don''t know what I will wear...decisions decisions.....

Anyway thank you to everyone for being soooooo kind the last few months and putting up with all of my silly pictures and mini-milestones....I appreciate the feedback!

Now, one final countdown then it''s NO COMPUTER tomorrow!!!

2 hours

18 mins

until the calendar turns over to the 21st!!!!!

36.gif

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Oh MY GOD!!!!!! The time has dawned on you!!!! I wish you the best of Luck and I am soooo excited for you! I am in Australia and I am a bit in front of you. Current time here is 1.05 pm! and I cannot wait to hear the result! I hope everything goes smoothly for you!!! I praise your confidence!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s today!! Good luck!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k. so I said No computer today BUT....

It''s almost 7 am....

I''ve been awake since 5 a.m on the dot...can''t go back to sleep....

FF is still sleeping! (lol)

So far today, I have showered and gotten dressed (with makeup) which for me is a record before 1 p.m. since I am a night owl.

We decided to leave here around 9 a.m.

9-10 a.m. Drive time.
10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Breakfast (with possible wait time involved since tons of people go out to breakfast on a sunday!)
11:30-12:00- Drive and park at pottery place
12:00-2:00 paint pottery... :D

the rest of the timeline is subjective up until 7 when we leave our house for dinner!!!

Thanks again all!
Now, I really won''t be checking back until maybe 12 midnight or later....

13 hours til proposal time!!! Wahoo!
36.gif

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
today''s the day!!! i''m so excited for you, i hope everything is going wonderfully and i''ll be thinking of you all day!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all...

Just wanted to give you a "teaser" update so far...

This morning went great so far...pottery was a ton of fun!

I decided to pop on here since I took a TON of pics and want to upload them to my computer in case I go over the 60 open slots on my memory card for the proposal part (in about 2.5 hours!!! OMG)

I already uploaded abut 150+ pics to my comp just from this morning up through opening the presents....Timeline has also been right on schedule so far!!! YAY!

Well, it''s off to shower and get ready for the part you all are waiting for (myself included!!!)

Later all!
PD

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are killing us here!
3.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/19/2008 10:05:47 PM
Author: PrincessDijon
O.k. so I did a proposal dress-rehearsal with my cat...lol...I''m serious....
This is just so cute
5.gif
!

cmarie

Rough_Rock
dying to know what happened and hear all about it!!
30.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Me too!!!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
I hope youre out celebrating??!? I''m dying to read how it all went

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock

cmarie

Rough_Rock
F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5
F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5!!!!!!
25.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
The suspense is killing me!!!
9.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 10:40:28 AM
Author: ams0124
The suspense is killing me!!!
9.gif

ME TOOO!!! The first thing I did this morning when I woke up was check this thread!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Alright everyone....

I think you have waited long enough.....

"HE SAID YES!!!!"

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Now the bad news....his ring was too big...grrrr....which means we have to exchange his bling for a smaller model...

I took 200+ pics yesterday so I will post some shortly but I just wanted to tell you the news!

cmarie

Rough_Rock
YAYY!!! Congrats on a brilliantly executed proposal, PrincessDijon!!
30.gif

We''re all so happy for you!! (and excited to see pics...)
10.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 4:06:31 PM
Author: PrincessDijon
Alright everyone....

I think you have waited long enough.....

''HE SAID YES!!!!''

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Now the bad news....his ring was too big...grrrr....which means we have to exchange his bling for a smaller model...

I took 200+ pics yesterday so I will post some shortly but I just wanted to tell you the news!
YAY!! I was starting to worry since u hadnt posted!!! I kept looking to see if u had posted.. even though I should be studying.. hehehe :) Cant wait to see pics to tell the story!!! :) Dont leave us on the LIW board though!! :)

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!! congratulations, princess dijon!! i''m so excited for you, and glad that the dry run with the cat helped to ensure things went smoothly, lol!! can''t wait to see pictures, congrats again!! you''re Engaged!!!
36.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
heheh yayy!!!! I'' so happy for you. I too checked this thread a million times today!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results