shape
carat
color
clarity

The Beginng of My Journey!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Oh YAY!!! I''m so glad to hear that it went well!!!

I think I must have checked your thread a million times today!!!
9.gif
Thanks for keeping us all waiting...and still waiting apparently for PICTURES!!!!
2.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I look forward to your pictures!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Awww... Congratulations!!!!

I cant wait to hear all the details and see pictures!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Sapphire_Cutie

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS!!! HOWS IT FEEL TO NO LONGER BE A LIW???!!!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies and gentlemen!

Sorry I didn''t come on right away and post up my story....

I ended up getting my very own bling from the FI (YAY) today....he wanted to get me something shiny and blue and surprised me today....awwwww.... He also got me a hoodie that I wanted from AE (we had to go there to exchange his jeans...he actually went down a size....lol)

Anyway, as for yesterday...the proposal was right on the dot at 8 p.m.

We arrived at the Melting Pot at 7:40 and checked in early. They already had our table ready and waiting. The hostess was super-friendly and told FI "Happy Birthday" she kept her cool perfectly! YAY.

We end up going back to the private "lovers lane" area and they had roses waiting on the table like I requested!
They sat us down and man it started to hit me...I was wondering..."Oh crap shoukd I do it now? Should I do it after dessert? Well, I''ll just wait til the server comes over, introduces himself and takes our drink order."

Without fail our VERY AWESOME server Joe came over and introduced himself. I immediately ordered a bottle of Merlot...lol I needed liquid courage...He got a coke in addition to his wine (hey it was his b-day he could have whatever he wants).

Then I set up the "birthday presents" on the table next to the roses and sat to collect myself for a minute.

Joe came back with our wine and I told him that we were going to get the "Big Night Out" their 4 course feature...
We got Caesar salads, our main course with shrimp, chicken, lobster tail, pork tenderloin, filet mignon and sirloin (they ran out of salmon so they gave us double filet), they also gave us some veggies and of course a cheese fondue to start and dessert fondue after!

After we ordered I sent Joe on his way and then I decided to do it! I gave him the DVD of our first date movie to segway in to our scrapbook. Then I had him open the scrapbook! He then started to tear up when he saw our picture on front (it was a domino effect because he was making me choked up...)Then we got to the page with the letter and I asked him to pull it out..... I read it to him out loud (and yes I stumbled a few times and tears started (they did with my cat too...lol) Anyway, before I even officially asked the question, he said "of course"...as he was saying that (and hugging me) I grabbed the ring box out of my purse and set it on the table for him to see it.....

We hugged for another minute (and sniffled) and then I took it out and put it on his finger...(oops it was a wee bit too big....note to self not to trust him to tell me his ring size...lol) Then I had him open the watches and he put my watch on for me and I put his on. :D

Our cheese fondue came at the beginning of my letter reading so, I had to pause my proposal while the server prepped it...hehehe. Anyway, I resumed my proposal and everything went great!

He then opened his shutterfly book and teared up a bit as he read it (he rarely cries....so it was sweet).

We then ate our dinner, ordered a slpit of champagne and celebrated with our dessert fondue!

They even let us stay an hour and a half past closing!!!! We left at 11:30 ish!

So yippee! Then we called his mom and she was so excited for us....she even asked us if she could spread the news to other family members!!!! Then I told my mom today (she wasn''t as excited as his mom but she was still happy for us!)

So, there you have it (the very condensed version of my proposal day)

I have a ton of pics but I will only post a few for now!

Thank you all for your support and encouragement!!! I couldn''t be happier! :D (and don''t worry I am not leaving PS!)

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Us before going in to the restaurant!
9.gif

kevins25thbday 160.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
The flowers on the table!

kevins25thbday 162.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Him before the proposal!

kevins25thbday 164.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Me before the proposal...I was freaking out in my head....lol...

kevins25thbday 165.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
His b-day card from melting pot....

kevins25thbday 167.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
His first present...Our first date DVD!

kevins25thbday 169.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
The moment of truth....Scrapbook time!!!!

kevins25thbday 171.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
He was getting misty-eyed....

kevins25thbday 172.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
And....after my proposal....HE SAID YES!!!! YAY!!!!
36.gif

kevins25thbday 174.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Our engagement watches and the little quarter machine ring he gave to me about a month ago... He said he didn''t want to propose with it because he felt weird about that but I promised him I''d wear it until its replacement came!

kevins25thbday 183.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
A toast to us at dessert time!

kevins25thbday 200.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
The pic our server took of us!

kevins25thbday 204.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
A sweet ending to the HAPPIEST night ever!

kevins25thbday 209.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Us today (still a bit worn out from yesterday) in our new hoodies and my newest addition to my lonely left ring finger....he surprised me
9.gif
and wanted me to have a little something too!

9-22-08pic.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I insist on more blue bling pics!!!!!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Followed the link from your LIW thread - mazel tov! You guys make a marvelous couple, and your proposal story is fantastic. May you have many, many, many years of happiness together.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Adorable! Congratulations!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 12:07:40 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I ditto Freke!!!!!!!! MORE MORE MORE!! and congrats!!! YAY!!!! What did ya''ll do at the pottery place?? I wanna see!! I might wanna take my FF there.. did u have fun where did u go again?? IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!! :)
So are you going to start planning a wedding or just wait a while till you get your official ring (or do u think u are gonna fall in love with the pretty blue one ur FI! got you?!?!) Sorry so many questions!! I am just so excited for you!! :)

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
aw, what a lovely story! I LOVE the melting pot, and you could get me to say ys to anything if you promised me their chocolate fondue with brownies! Mmmmmm! Also, we need HAND SHOTS!!!!! Is there another thread with pics?

congrats!
36.gif

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 12:07:40 AM
Author: FrekeChild

CO-signing! I L
30.gif
VE me some Sapphires!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Great photos - congratulations PD!!! Beautiful sapphire - need more photos!
31.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the heartfelt responses! It''s great to have a forum where everyone cares about eachother and share a genuine happiness!

I really do like my "blue bling" we have discussed colored e-rings in the past and sapphire, of course, is his birth stone so it''s like I am carrying a little bit of him with me everywhere I go! He said he will be replacing it before we get married (which will be around 2011 so I do have some time yet).It''s a tiny bit loose this morning so I am taking it in to go have it sized!

I don''t hava a photographer quality camera so my pics kind of stink...but I''ll post one or two more here!

Thanks again everyone!
9.gif

eringpics 013.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Our rings hanging out together!

eringpics 015.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
One more of our rings!

eringpics 016.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results